Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Archenteron posted:

Kinda reminds me of Mr Kobold from some manga about a pro wrestler in a fantasy world beating up/recruiting different demihumans and monsters into his battle stable

But like, Mr Kobold's old pappy

Ah hell yes Kemono Michii! LETS SUPLEX THE PRINCESS.

Edit: One of my best page snipes.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well i didnt say it had to be in a sexual attraction way

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1710347215892287717

They are season appropriate halloween decorations, simpleton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
drat Solomon hasn't learned a thing

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

YaketySass posted:

Of course not! He's an umpteen thousand year old human, the groove of "people can only be protected by incredible violence administered by a Hard Man Making Hard Decisions like me" is worn so deep in his brain the Park Service offers burro tours down into it

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Phy posted:

Of course not! He's an umpteen thousand year old human, the groove of "people can only be protected by incredible violence administered by a Hard Man Making Hard Decisions like me" is worn so deep in his brain the Park Service offers burro tours down into it

Goddamn, it is a true shame that this is too long to be a thread title because it is a fantastic post.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Staltran posted:

That carving is really phallic from behind. Rather unfortunate haircrut.

I do wonder if this guy is going to show up later. Seems like he's getting a lot of focus in these pages for a one-off.

ngl it takes the other pages as context to not think he was jacking it in pannel 3 lol. :o "phooo"

thinking "hmm, this is not something I would expect from KSBD"

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

YaketySass posted:

:doh:
So he managed to walk the path of enlightenment for maybe a couple of days before reverting back to enforcing order by way of deliberately applied violence.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

habeasdorkus posted:

Goddamn, it is a true shame that this is too long to be a thread title because it is a fantastic post.

Very kind of you, thank you

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Wyld Karde posted:

So he managed to walk the path of enlightenment for maybe a couple of days before reverting back to enforcing order by way of deliberately applied violence.

I don't think he ever quite hit enlightenment. Just "maybe I should dig up a little."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Staltran posted:

I do wonder if this guy is going to show up later. Seems like he's getting a lot of focus in these pages for a one-off.

At the start of the page I was sure he was actually Solomon in disguise. Still can't totally rule it out.

Maybe Solomon's path to enlightenment includes becoming a catboy, who's to say.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm half expecting it to be someone other than Solomon. Maybe son #216.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So Solomon is kind of doing things different here.

Yes, he is murdering people in spooky ways. BUT. He isn't enforcing his will on the wider populace. The cat guy seems like things were really bad before Solomon showed up and did his own version of Hyperion. So at this point he seems to just mete out incredible violence when needed, but nothing more than that.

Unless all those corpses are jaywalkers or something dumb like that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

We're finally going to meet Solomon David's much cooler and better older brother, Salami Dave

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Wyld Karde posted:

Thundarr posted:

I don't think he ever quite hit enlightenment. Just "maybe I should dig up a little."

Tbf, there's a big difference in laying down fury to stop warlordism or whatever then letting people do however they see fit to obnoxious god-king nanomanagement

Like, it reminds of that Intra person from the stories. It definitely fits the theme of the monks back then, and of power and circumstances. Intervening to cut short a period of chaotic violence but letting people do whatever seems an advancement to me idk

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Donkringel posted:

So Solomon is kind of doing things different here.

Yes, he is murdering people in spooky ways. BUT. He isn't enforcing his will on the wider populace. The cat guy seems like things were really bad before Solomon showed up and did his own version of Hyperion. So at this point he seems to just mete out incredible violence when needed, but nothing more than that.

Unless all those corpses are jaywalkers or something dumb like that.

Yeah, seems like nowadays the only people getting turbomurdered are the ones that gently caress around and find out.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Yeah he's doing violence against people who are doing violence, but then he's walking back up a mountain and only coming down if people start brutalizing one another again, which, I mean, basically isn't that how Allison is approaching all this too to a degree

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Furious violence and furious idiocy are one and the same

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
He's just acting like Kenshiro now, only on a mountain instead of a giant desert wasteland

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Scallop Eyes posted:

He's just acting like Kenshiro now, only on a mountain instead of a giant desert wasteland

They're not exploded enough for him to be copying Kenshiro.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Also kenshiro never made grisly art pieces out of his vanquished foes

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Kenshiro never had to vanquish anyone. They were already vanquished.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah, it's maybe a bit early to tell, but Solomon seems to be trying at least to change. Responding to a request for salvation without then sticking around to rule is an improvement imo.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

as a wise man once said; "Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"

Solomon's not trying to rule, but he's also not willing to stand around doing nothing. He's just being Ultraviolent Batman.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Mr. Lobe posted:

Also kenshiro never made grisly art pieces out of his vanquished foes

You're thinking he put their corpses there after they died, but it's possible he simply punched them into the branches, where they then died.

For what Solomon is actually gonna do for White Chain, it's a mystery ,since I don't think he will be going back to fight Jags or try to help them rule.If he really is serious about letting go of his past hangups tho, he might finally be ready to teach someone else Ki-Rata (even if it's just the basics).

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Yeah I think teaching someone who is metaphorically his daughter the power to defend herself against those who wish to destroy her and everything she cares for when all he could do before was stand idly by sounds poetic in a sense.

And tragic, since he didn't have a choice then.

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
Pretty sure learning whether Solomon has grown as a person is going to be far less interesting than seeing how White Chine will grow as a person here. She wields nearly unlimited power, but runs away from it. He once wielded the power, but walked away from it. That's the main reason she's agreed to help with this task.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Solomon is still one of two practitioners of Ki Rata, so there's that.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
"I couldn't get Solomon David, but I DID swing by the ki rata temple in the ring of Ashton..."

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I love this guy - we have very rarely (ever?) gotten perspective from random people just sorta living their lives. Back before the Ring of Power, we got a few glimpses of life on Throne, but you have to think life there is always a little abnormal, what with living in the corpses of long-dead gods and all.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Boxman posted:

I love this guy - we have very rarely (ever?) gotten perspective from random people just sorta living their lives. Back before the Ring of Power, we got a few glimpses of life on Throne, but you have to think life there is always a little abnormal, what with living in the corpses of long-dead gods and all.

The closer you live to an active seat of demiurge power or are in throne the weirder and more succeptible to external forces your life seems to be.

Also the only reason governors probably left is that the bureaucratic burdens of the empire are impossible to fulfill on winterworld.
Hard to provide an accurate census of all citizens and collect taxes when just walking twenty paces outside a settlement gets you dead from exposure.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

there's trees growing and a whole civilization and stuff, I'm pretty sure it's just a place experiencing normal winter at the moment, not... winter forever

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Check the alt text, winter on Svelben here lasts for ten years.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I love cat lumberjack and I would die for him

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Youremother posted:

Fifth Season vibes

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Youremother posted:

Pssh. That's practically Alberta anyway.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
New comic

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1712911250110157281

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

"How efficient, then, that the celestial empire collapsed by itself without any effort."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

"my sons, they are so very lousy".

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's time for the fishing arc

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
the fishing montage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
God this comic rules.