Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Top 3D movies I ever saw

1. Tron Legacy- keeping the glasses on and having the pre computer world stuff be 2D made for a helluva moment when Sam gets slapped by the laser

2. Prometheus. The depth bro

3. Dredd. Imagine 3D placed grain. It rules. There was grain on dredd and grain in the background at the same time. It looked wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I think if more live action filmmakers had genuinely shot in 3D like Prometheus we'd have a more interesting 3D film landscape of filmmakers doing great things with it

Whereas the studios pushing 3D post conversion on a bunch of 2D shot movies to often lackluster results has killed a lot of enthusiasm for it

I know James Cameron is back with more Avatar sequels but I think he's just seen as a outlier doing his own kooky (albeit incredibly profitable) thing rather than creating a new wave of interest in shooting in 3D

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Avatar 2 was very mid to me on all fronts but I have to state that I saw it in a theater that had a bad projection so I can accept that I saw it in a bad way idk

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

CelticPredator posted:

Top 3D movies I ever saw

1. Tron Legacy- keeping the glasses on and having the pre computer world stuff be 2D made for a helluva moment when Sam gets slapped by the laser

YUP.

I've mentioned this before but I saw it dead-center in the IMAX theatre and yeah, exactly the moment you describe made my hair stand on end. It was also easily one of the loudest movies I've ever seen, and the combination of it all with the Daft Punk score had my legs shaking for ten minutes after I left the theatre. It ends so strong too, sending you home with absolutely the best song on the soundtrack repeating the main leitmotif on a real spicy sounding TB-303. Goddamn.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

CelticPredator posted:

Avatar 2 was very mid to me on all fronts but I have to state that I saw it in a theater that had a bad projection so I can accept that I saw it in a bad way idk

I saw it in a pretty great theater and also thought it was just OK. I really enjoyed the first one at the time and don't think the new one really delivered "13 years of" innovation. I think part of what made Avatar 1 work is entering that world through Jake Sully's eyes as a human. With almost every character being a blue in the sequel we're mainly in essentially animated territory and it's kinda meh

It's a shame we didn't get more films from James Cameron - he's made only four feature films in the last 30 years and 2 of them are Avatar - since I enjoy many of his works including his film in the franchise this thread's about, clearly he's doing what he's passionate about tho I guess

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

tjones posted:

a rogue predator comes to earth to poach during an unscheduled year. he doesnt have a predator license so other wildlife management predators persue him while hes racking up the body count. the movie dynamic is preds v pred v humans in a mexican standoff situation where no one party trusts the others.

This is essentially the plot of the comic series “Predator: Bad Blood” and it’s great.

Owlbear Camus posted:

The UPP is one of the most fascinating parts of the "expanded universe" we get none of in mainline screentime. I think it makes a neat counterbalance to the ur-capitalist sensibilities of the POV characters and factions. But it works as is and is bleaker if we just take the screen canon that WY owns everything, and what it doesn't own it can rent.

For those unaware, the UPP being in the mainline Aliens EU is an import from the unused William Gibson Alien3 script draft.

What’s funny is the UPP military dropship in the Alien RPG looks just like the USCM dropship from ‘Aliens’ - readers thought that was kind of odd, to which the RPG’s author replied, “have you seen the Soviet Buran space shuttle?”

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Peyote Panda posted:

Along the same lines, I've always found it interesting that no one seems to give a scintilla of a gently caress about the Space Jockey's ship and all the technology it might have aboard it. Admittedly, with the prequel movies you could extrapolate that WY has found enough Engineer tech over the years that new samples don't mean much.

Rewatching Alien a few months ago I found it interesting that there are some general hints in the movie Alien that finding small-a alien artifacts isn't a big deal. No one seems to think the possibilty of the signal being of non-human origin would be particularly remarkable and even a lowly towing vessel like the Nostromo has translation software that figures out the transmission's meaning in a few hours. IIRC Kane does say when he sees the alien vessel that it's not like anything he's seen before but again the inhuman nature of the ship itself doesn't seem noteworthy to the crew.

I don't think any of the Alien EU material has explored this idea, but maybe humanity in the Alienverse has come across a lot of remnants of numerous non-human civilizations like the Space Jockey and his ship over the years. Enough that the vessel in Alien is distinct from others Kane had seen but not special enough that it's very existence was an amazing new discovery. Some of it marginally functional enough to be sending out radio signals and the like but otherwise not providing any real info on the species that left the artifacts behind.

The RPG includes a whole bunch of non sentient alien species to use as enemies less lethal than the xenomorph family of creatures, as well as the sentient Arcturans. Yes, they turned an offhanded bit of banter from Aliens into an entire species (and even included them in one of the scenarios in the Colonial Marines sourcebook). I don't think there's been a lot else in the way of other sentient species, either actually wandering around or in the form of artifacts.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

I saw it in a pretty great theater and also thought it was just OK.

I went in with low expectations and then every time a weird fish floated through my peripherals I was completely delighted. We use the term "immersive" too much these days, but that's the best word I have for what Cameron does with 3D.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Half his usage of 3D was emphasising the size of the na’vi arrows. They’re the length of broomsticks and the 3D makes it super clear. He is a genius.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

PeterWeller posted:

I went in with low expectations and then every time a weird fish floated through my peripherals I was completely delighted. We use the term "immersive" too much these days, but that's the best word I have for what Cameron does with 3D.

I'm a scuba diver who hasn't dove since Covid lockdown, and that was the closest I could possibly be to feeling like I was underwater again. I was literally ignoring the plot and looking at fish.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

NikkolasKing posted:

So Alien Isolation is amazing and in many ways my favorite thing after the original film, but I feel like what makes it so amazing also kinda hinders it. It's the...isolation. It has characters we're supposed to care about but does anybody really? Especially by the end when they were just like "gently caress it, here's another xeno to kill your would-be rescuer lady." If you ever cared about non-Amanda characters, surely Taylor's stupid death or Ricardo's facehugging would make you realize the guy who just wanted to blow everything up was right all along.

I liked Taylor to a degree, but I really liked Samuels.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Samuels was a nice surprise I agree.

I wish the clearly Alien 3 homage character that teaches you how to do stuff at the beginning lasted a little longer, but I guess running around in the dark ranting about survival and then getting getting owned by the alien made it even more fitting lol

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 4, 2023

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Since we're talking video games and discussion here sometimes extends to Predator and Terminator, I thought it worth mentioning that there's a Robocop game coming out shortly (Rogue City) and I just watched a Twitch stream of someone playing the demo that I think is up on Steam right now and it looks really good if you're a Robocop fan. It doesn't look like an awesome 10/10 AAA game but the developers clearly put a lot of effort into creating a faithful experience for fans and while it won't win any awards I think any Robocop fans here that are interested should give the demo a whirl at least since it looks really satisfying to blow limbs off with Murphy's gun.

I think Xeno mentioned a Terminator game a while back and the developers for this made a game called Terminator: Resistance in 2019 which might be that game?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The RoboCop game looks fun enough as a game I guess, but I really wish more focus had been put on the production design and art direction. Aesthetically it looks very bland. Big missed opportunity to really lean into the look and feel of the original movie like Isolation.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

Since we're talking video games and discussion here sometimes extends to Predator and Terminator, I thought it worth mentioning that there's a Robocop game coming out shortly (Rogue City) and I just watched a Twitch stream of someone playing the demo that I think is up on Steam right now and it looks really good if you're a Robocop fan. It doesn't look like an awesome 10/10 AAA game but the developers clearly put a lot of effort into creating a faithful experience for fans and while it won't win any awards I think any Robocop fans here that are interested should give the demo a whirl at least since it looks really satisfying to blow limbs off with Murphy's gun.

I think Xeno mentioned a Terminator game a while back and the developers for this made a game called Terminator: Resistance in 2019 which might be that game?

That's the game, it's quite good!

There's some fun mods for it too if you're into that that try to make the lighting look very specific to T1 or 2 and stuff like that. Personally I think they did a great job with it.

If you want to waaaaaay back, despite the clunky controls I'm a massive fan of Terminator: Future Shock and its sorta sequel Skynet, both from Bethesda. Also interesting artifacts since they're not RPGs but you can see the visual story telling is very strong in them and the ambition for Future Shock is off the charts. Fully 3D FPS around the same time (maybe slightly before?) Quake 1 and right off the bat you have huge open levels with lots of buildings to explore, true free mouse look, there's a vehicle stage where you speed around blasting stuff and can use the mouse to look around independently of how you're steering, tons of weapons and like five different types of grenade/explosive, levels where you see the trenches filled with incinerated human remains in the machine labor camps, Terminator MIDIs, it really blew me away back then. Honestly still does even if the movement is a little too chunky/sluggish.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

feedmyleg posted:

The RoboCop game looks fun enough as a game I guess, but I really wish more focus had been put on the production design and art direction. Aesthetically it looks very bland. Big missed opportunity to really lean into the look and feel of the original movie like Isolation.

Yeah I've played as some variant of a robot-cop in a zillion games by now, I think doing it in a retro-futuristic 80s with all the sarcastic overblown Verhoeven stuff is what I would find appealing.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Yeah I've played as some variant of a robot-cop in a zillion games by now, I think doing it in a retro-futuristic 80s with all the sarcastic overblown Verhoeven stuff is what I would find appealing.

Agreed I watched the demo and like, it's a bit frustrating because the stuff AROUND the game definitely seems like they cared it's got the news broadcasts, etc. but the in-game look could be any number of games, like it's technically nice but not much more interesting looking in-game than that cheapo RoboCop FPS from like 2003. :/

They're just never going to top RoboCop vs. Terminator as far as RoboCop video games go.

Anyway I hope the full game is good, be hilarious this is a DOOM 2016 situation where they just didn't understand what to show off of the game ahead of time lol

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If anyone is curious, the latest book for the Alien Roleplaying game has now begun to instantly give you the PDF if you preorder now.

It appears the monster section it adds does two things: it brings in all the monsters from the premade adventures into a single book and introduces a few original ones. As such, the Decaon and Proto-Xenomorphs have been included as well as "The Perfected," an rpg original alien race, from their pre-made adventure appearance. It also introduces the Xenomorph Empress and an aquatic xenomorph. Sadly, the William Gibson inspired aliens in Destroyer of Worlds did not get consolidated into this book. A shame as I find the "body bursters" a very interesting concept and it would be nice if those who don't like premade adventures got it here.

The book includes a lot of new, original lore on the history of the Alien's galaxy as well as lot of original planets and locations for your game. It has a nice balance of lore, mechanics, gear, and adventures. I'd say the book is 1/3 lore, 1/3 mechanics and gear, and 1/3 premade adventures. Overall, not a bad balance.

The book, if nothing else, is going to depend heavily on how much you are interested in campaign play. You see, it is geared away from cinematic play mode, where you expect to play 1-2 sessions, and is more geared to campaign play, where play is theoretically indefinite. When it comes to Aliens, most people have little interest in campaign play out of belief that it would get old fast.

Personally, I disagree.

The writers of the Alien RPG also wrote the Corolis RPG. Their prior experience is a big reason they were chosen for this project. Corolis is a middle-eastern sci-fi setting about living in an old, decaying galaxy corrupted by captialism. These writers knew how to make a game where you play people just trying to make their way in a world very similar to Alien. The main changes the Alien RPG has from Corolis is an emphasis on horror. Campaign play intrigues me as I have expressed interest in an "Alien Earth Hive" inspired game, where we follow a group of survivors of the fall of Earth trying to make their way in the "new normal." Whenever I express this sentiment, people feel that this would get old fast, but that's because they miss what the book advises: "the entire galaxy doesn't revolve around the xenomorph and, ultimately, the true evil of the galaxy is late stage capitalism." Add in the element that the colonies are now suffocating without Earth's resources and an expedition game, which is one of the modes of the play the book endorses, takes on a new light.

If you are a fan of the Alien RPG and you are interested in some new lore and some good advice on campaign play, give a look.

Covok fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 6, 2023

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I kinda want to play the aliens RPG and just not have any of the titular aliens. Just explore the universe, do some space truckin, do some mercenary action, what ever, everything but xenomorphs.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

big mutha truckers requiem

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Born in a derelict
Raised in David's cave

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Baronjutter posted:

I kinda want to play the aliens RPG and just not have any of the titular aliens. Just explore the universe, do some space truckin, do some mercenary action, what ever, everything but xenomorphs.

Traveller's that way.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Panzeh posted:

Traveller's that way.

And Mothership is just over there.

My latest sub-hobby is collecting 3rd-party Mothership content. There's an awful lot of it, and the print edition isn't even out yet. I'm trying to find time to FaF some of the more notable ones.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Baronjutter posted:

I too enjoy playing American Truck Simulator.

Also, I was informed the Body Bursters were reprinted in the Colonial Marines book.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

For some reason, I’ve always had this thought in the back of my mind (even though it’s ridiculous) about people encountering talking xenos.

And they talk like this (and probably say the same things):

https://youtu.be/tAUAA8jkF4k?si=YcnyNAYUI1ZCGH_o

I suppose I must have first envisioned this when I heard about Ridley’s initial idea for the end of Alien.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I don't play RPGs. What is in the Alien RPG book to flesh things out considering the universe is like 3 planets total in the movies.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

You can do this. You can make it more about corporate espionage, androids loving with you, space pirates trying to steal your cargo, military conflicts, etc.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

banned from Starbucks posted:

I don't play RPGs. What is in the Alien RPG book to flesh things out considering the universe is like 3 planets total in the movies.

bbuddy...

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

banned from Starbucks posted:

From memory:

A ton of other planets that are hidden references in some way to comics/books/unused scripts
Cold War-style setup of great power between the United Americas (western bloc), the Union of Progressive People (communist bloc) and the Three World Empire (fusion of the UK/Japanese monarchies now essentially owned by Weyland Yutani)
Details on how technology for space travel works
A ton of fluff on how lovely it is to live anywhere but Earth and the oldest and most developed colonies
Some details on the kind of non-intelligent native life that humans sometimes encounter on new worlds
Some details on the Arcturians, a human-resembling species of hunter-gatherers that humanity recently discovered, whose civilisation remembers being visited by the Space Jockies in the past
Some vague implications that there are still space jockies alive out there in the void who are working toward some unknowable agenda that involves occasionally wiping out human colonies with biological weapons

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Baronjutter posted:

The rpg is pretty much geared to that for campaign play. Like, if your party are playing as space truckers you can't be throwing xenos at them every job or you'll wipe them out, you have to save them for stuff you've built up to. Like I ran about three jobs for my truckers where they faced regular corporate malfeasance and disregard for human life, and them knowing there technically COULD be face huggers in the vents just enhanced the tension.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Fil5000 posted:

The rpg is pretty much geared to that for campaign play. Like, if your party are playing as space truckers you can't be throwing xenos at them every job or you'll wipe them out, you have to save them for stuff you've built up to. Like I ran about three jobs for my truckers where they faced regular corporate malfeasance and disregard for human life, and them knowing there technically COULD be face huggers in the vents just enhanced the tension.

Typica Aliens RPG campaign:
"Ok guys, you're on the space station and need a job. There's a guy at the cargo office with a problem, he says there's some monsters infesting Cargo Bay 5 and he needs it cleared out for an incoming shipment. He'll give you 100 credits per xeno pelt"
"Nice work clearing out that cargo bay. He's impressed you were able to handle those bugs so well. He has a new mission, go down to the planet and explore a spooky cave because he heard there's treasure in it."
"Looks like there's a xeno hive in the cave! Roll initiative! Great work defeating those aliens guys, there's a digitally locked crate at the end of the cave. Roll for lockpick."
"Distress call nearby, check it out? Ok you dock with the ship. Look like its full of aliens again. The captain has locked himself in the forward hold and promises a reward if you clear his ship out!"

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

In my experience, none of the player characters would survive the first encounter in cargo bay 5

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Typica Aliens RPG campaign:
"Ok guys, you're on the space station and need a job. There's a guy at the cargo office with a problem, he says there's some monsters infesting Cargo Bay 5 and he needs it cleared out for an incoming shipment. He'll give you 100 credits per xeno pelt"
"Nice work clearing out that cargo bay. He's impressed you were able to handle those bugs so well. He has a new mission, go down to the planet and explore a spooky cave because he heard there's treasure in it."
"Looks like there's a xeno hive in the cave! Roll initiative! Great work defeating those aliens guys, there's a digitally locked crate at the end of the cave. Roll for lockpick."
"Distress call nearby, check it out? Ok you dock with the ship. Look like its full of aliens again. The captain has locked himself in the forward hold and promises a reward if you clear his ship out!"

The Colonial Marines expansion book gives you enough gear to pretty much just do this uf your players want a more action kind of deal.

Baronjutter posted:

The main book definitely feels built towards short campaigns where you're space truckin' or living on a colony, with plenty of organic ways to have alien-adjacent stuff/research/gossip present if you want.

It's easy to hold the xenomorph itself back for like a periodic season finale as it were. There's plenty of potential plot hooks and stuff the players can run into too that are inspired by the geopolitical situation of the setting, android stuff, people finding random engineer artifacts that are basically treasure just for how old they are, smaller stakes crime stuff like Outworld, etc.

Like it has tons of rules for doing repairs, there's ship to ship combat/boarding, social interaction/ordering people around and managing stress, sleep, supplies, most character classes that are actual jobs in the setting, you can dedinitely do an entire campaign of truckin' with no aliens at all.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 8, 2023

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

feedmyleg posted:

I've only seen one stream of a guy playing the demo but it looked like it actually did a fairly decent job? Nothing amazing but I was impressed that they seemed to nail the recreation of the station to walk around in with Reed etc. and at one point the guy stumbled across what I'm pretty sure was a recreation of the arcade from Robocop 2. Definitely will wait for it to go on sale before buying (and wait to see if it's actually good all the way through or just makes a nice first impression then goes to poo poo) but I'm really excited to see what other locations they have in there and if you get to visit the rundown factory from the first movie with mutants wandering around, and if they have ED-209's and maybe even get to create their own stuff (I'll never not find the failed Robocop 2's hilarious).

Neo Rasa posted:

Terminator: Future Shock and its sorta sequel Skynet

I remember being really excited for these when I was small and saw them in some magazine. I think they even came as a demo on the cover disc but the family computer wasn't powerful enough to run them. Was really disappointed but have a recollection of some PC gaming magazine with a Terminator on the front and lots of fire and Future Shock was the big game they were showing off and talking about. Sounded great but I never got a chance to play and ended up getting sucked into arena shooters later on :haw:

Covok posted:

If anyone is curious, the latest book for the Alien Roleplaying game has now begun to instantly give you the PDF if you preorder now.

I've been busy trying to organize/sell/pack things in prep for moving so haven't even got to take out and read the Alien RPG stuff I ordered yet but this sounds extremely my jam and looking at the site I'm guessing the book you're referring to is Building Better Worlds? That's up for pre-order on the site right now. Really excited to jump in and play this and have the Discord link that was shared with me saved but ~Life~ has me having to put it on the backburner for now. Awesome to see them supporting this so well, though.

Covok posted:

Also, I was informed the Body Bursters were reprinted in the Colonial Marines book.

Is this a new reprint or have they been in there for a little while now? I'm not sure what people are referring to with this however, whether it's from that Gibson script (I think?) which had that gas or something and people just like, turned into xenomorphs? Or is it more like the Covenant back bursters?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

SUNKOS posted:

I remember being really excited for these when I was small and saw them in some magazine. I think they even came as a demo on the cover disc but the family computer wasn't powerful enough to run them. Was really disappointed but have a recollection of some PC gaming magazine with a Terminator on the front and lots of fire and Future Shock was the big game they were showing off and talking about. Sounded great but I never got a chance to play and ended up getting sucked into arena shooters later on :haw:

Future Shock and Skynet were very demanding for the time. Game tech wasn’t quite at the level to really do the future war stuff justice in 95 and 96 so they end up looking a bit empty.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the robocop game is good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the bethseda terminator games, made by todd howard are decent but you're going to need fan fixes to play them

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I thought the robocop game shined gameplay wise but the story, cinematics, and voice acting were awful and I couldn’t skip them. I ended up uninstalling the demo. It was asking me to do tasks around the police station and I just wanted to go back to shooting criminals in the dick. Which I got bonus points for.

Covok
May 27, 2013

SUNKOS posted:

I've only seen one stream of a guy playing the demo but it looked like it actually did a fairly decent job? Nothing amazing but I was impressed that they seemed to nail the recreation of the station to walk around in with Reed etc. and at one point the guy stumbled across what I'm pretty sure was a recreation of the arcade from Robocop 2. Definitely will wait for it to go on sale before buying (and wait to see if it's actually good all the way through or just makes a nice first impression then goes to poo poo) but I'm really excited to see what other locations they have in there and if you get to visit the rundown factory from the first movie with mutants wandering around, and if they have ED-209's and maybe even get to create their own stuff (I'll never not find the failed Robocop 2's hilarious).

I've been busy trying to organize/sell/pack things in prep for moving so haven't even got to take out and read the Alien RPG stuff I ordered yet but this sounds extremely my jam and looking at the site I'm guessing the book you're referring to is Building Better Worlds? That's up for pre-order on the site right now. Really excited to jump in and play this and have the Discord link that was shared with me saved but ~Life~ has me having to put it on the backburner for now. Awesome to see them supporting this so well, though.

Is this a new reprint or have they been in there for a little while now? I'm not sure what people are referring to with this however, whether it's from that Gibson script (I think?) which had that gas or something and people just like, turned into xenomorphs? Or is it more like the Covenant back bursters?

The guy on reddit who told me bodybursters were in the colonial marines book was wrong. They mixed it up with the gorebusters. You got to buy the Destroyer of Worlds for bodybursters. And they are based on a pastiche of the William Gibson script as Destoryer Of Worlds is an adventure book based on that script very loosely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
How do I get my Building Better Worlds PDF? I didn't see anything in the confirmation or email, nor on Drive Thru :(