Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Foxfire_ posted:

1. Why aren't you getting a van to live in instead? It seems like it'd be more comfortable
2. Then why aren't you painting some kickin rad flames on the van?
3. Then why aren't you changing your name to Van Fuego?

a Nissan NV200 and/or a Ford Transit connect would have 100x the room, get similar gas mileage (on regular, not premium) and be far easier to maintain.

but when you live your life a quarter mile a time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

This has to be a bit now.

The power goes out and *pfffffffrtt* the mattress deflates. Bullshit my dude, but I'll consult on your design for $350/hr up front in USD, not bitcoin or stock or Sleepr app buck's or whatever scrip you get paid in.

OP's post about abandoning his family to live in a car not going well so he's turning it into a bit.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

We used to do mod challenges on stuff like this.

Prove it, op.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

i heard a 5'7" dude can lay down in the frunk of a cybertruck, is your company considering teaming up with Tesla and making a cyberfrunk IOT mattress op

because they should be!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I heard Elon sometimes also sleeps at the office or in his car so maybe OP is on to something

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
this guy's selling our gently caress data to zuckerberg

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Eclipse12 posted:

If you're whackin' it in the trunk, do you keep it unlatched to add an element of excitement and danger that someone might come by and take a lil peek?

What are your trunk whack strats, op?
Talk about rod knock!!!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ah poo poo sorry babe the mattress lost connection to the wifi. can you hold still a sec

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

setting up find my mattress so i stop forgetting where i parked

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
So are you just paying for a home that you're not even living in?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Jelly posted:

So are you just paying for a home that you're not even living in?
home cucked

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Eclipse12 posted:

We used to do mod challenges on stuff like this.

Prove it, op.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I’m living in OP’s house right now. Touchin stuff, putting things away wrong, wearing shoes in the house.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm envious of OP's obvious ability to just bed down and sleep anywhere, that's a real useful skill

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Love to be forced to watch an ad before I’m allowed to sleep or pay $7.99/month to turn them off.

Kids jumped on my bed again, making it think that the wife and I have exceeded our monthly sex allotment for a Silver account and automatically changing our subscription plan to the Gold tier plus a one-time $200 'convenience fee'.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
If you hadn’t chipped your turbo charged race car it might get good enough gas mileage to just…live at home.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Vim Fuego posted:

I believe in the product. I wouldn't be here if I did. I'm advocating for the user experience because better sleep improves peoples lives, and with our smart connected mattresses it's a measurable improvement. I think we're shipping q2 24 at the latest. Just some kinks to work out- like right now if it loses connection it defaults to a deflated setting because the feedback loops cut out. But these things do work!

Sexual health is health. Our algorithm does automatically recognize those uses of the product, but recording and retention of that data subset is an optional user setting.

This is a little immature, even for GBS.

Not sure the lifestyle is suited to birds or mammals but I've considered a small fishtank or terrarium.

No. It's perfectly safe.

I'll sleep at my place, I'm not in the car full time although I'm considering it

It's chipped, it does burnouts just fine

First, at 6'2", that sounds too tall to be sleeping in a Sedan. But maybe. What make/model, do you have?
How long is your blanky pallet?

Also, did you answer if "your place" is a place you pay for? Or just like your parents place?
If you're paying for a place, and just doing the whole vagabond life style ... Get rid of your place.

You probably answered this, but I had to skip to the end to get my questions in.

(I checked, you haven't answered those questions)

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Love to be forced to watch an ad before I’m allowed to sleep or pay $7.99/month to turn them off.

Pay the $8 bucks, or it's stuck at either rock hard, or water bed.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 7, 2023

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Brb gonna drive my bed to the gas station to get dinner

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Bad Purchase posted:

actually the world is a vampire sent to drain

not a person sleeping in their car

The world is a landlord

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

but this thread is about carlords

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1555206778907856897

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I mean I feel like I want to leave it at riding in a car. I mean living in a car when I have a family at home that just seems like deadbeat status. I mean are my kids so lovely that I have to live in the back of a Prius to get any silence. I guess my drat wife is probably to blame. I live out my days inside of a car park inside of a Prius making sure that I get the most effective route to work which takes me 22 minutes on average.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mobile goon cave Megathread: MAGA doesn't have a thing on WILLINGLY LiviING IN A CAR GREAT

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Friday evening so I'm heading home. Like I said, I'm not in the car full time. But thanks for razzin me :rolleyes:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
home alone 7: kevin, now fully grown, voluntarily chooses to sleep in his car over christmas instead of dealing with the holiday traffic. an elderly harry and marv are going up and down the street jiggling handles looking for unlocked cars and accidentally startle kevin. they feel sorry for him and buy him a cup of soup

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I'm just homeless by choice most of the time, dummies

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Eclipse12 posted:

"Here at chimnee, we believe that sleep is essential. That good sleep is better than bad sleep. That data is the foundation for true happiness. That a bed that wiggles you is worth our employees having no bed at all. And we firmly believe the Serta should buy us out so that we can lay off all our employees, take all the money, and start this whole scheme over with sofas. These are our core values."

Have you heard about tentrr.com? You rent a tent on a deck in the woods. For $100 a night. No bathroom, just a tent and some chairs, maybe it has a firepit.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

i'll be enjoying the cool autumn night in my jackoff van

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Vim Fuego posted:

I believe in the product.

The reward for your loyalty will be mass layoffs the instant there's a shippable product because juicing stock is the only thing the sociopaths you work for care about as they cash out mere nanoseconds before the Chinese manufacturing company you contract to build these mattresses leaks your designs to a sister consortium which immediately sells identically performing models for pennies on the dollar.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

R.L. Stine posted:

i'll be enjoying the cool autumn night in my jackoff van

keep the doors open while you’re jacking for a nice cross-breeze

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

your coworkers are laughing at you for sleeping in a car while they all sleep together in a big work mattress. and you deserve it.

eig
Oct 16, 2008

why not take public transit so u can take a nap during ur commute???? how late do you stay at work? what do you do after? are you just lying in ur trunk watching twitch for 3 hours instead of going home to better sleeping experience, something u are literally saying youre passionate about

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
OP can you sleep at 2x speed so you have more time to hustle and grind?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

The junk is the OP

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
Yeah, and again, but what is home? A place you pay for? Or parent's place? Friend's place?

If you pay for a house/home/apartment, and you sleep in your car, then you're a goober, OP.

Plus, also, you're 6'2", I dunno if you can fit in a sedan.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

You should sleep on the street and walk around doubled over backwards like a SF chad.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Avoiding. 40 minute commute and living in your car.....

Yikes

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I could respect the soylent-and-vanlife hustle if you were a 20-nothing programmer trying to stack bills on your own before settling down. But going off your regdate you're twice that age and left your depandapotamus back home to raise the kids?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I sleep in other people's cars, and by sleep in I mean steal, and by steal I mean gargle, and by cars I mean their big sweaty hairy musky testicles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

covidstomper58 posted:

Have you heard about tentrr.com? You rent a tent on a deck in the woods. For $100 a night. No bathroom, just a tent and some chairs, maybe it has a firepit.

Had to look it up to see if this was real.

It is. Except they're way more than $100 a night.

Good Lord