Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Antigravitas posted:

That depends on how trumpian the billionaire in question is, I'd wager.

Yeah everything I've seen of Musk lately tells me he's gonna micro-manage the poo poo out of this. Like yeah he stepped aside and let his lawyers do the talking during the pedo-guy shitfest, but now I gotta wonder if he's emotionally capable of letting experts tell him what to do anymore

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah everything I've seen of Musk lately tells me he's gonna micro-manage the poo poo out of this. Like yeah he stepped aside and let his lawyers do the talking during the pedo-guy shitfest, but now I gotta wonder if he's emotionally capable of letting experts tell him what to do anymore

The dollop has a 2 parter recently about Musk and if he does with his legal team what he's done everywhere else in his life it'll be not too far from Alex's pushing his lawyer to let him do ad reads on the stand.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I still believe that the ad read was spontaneous. He’s an oral story teller, so he has practiced rhythms and repetitions he used as places to give his brain a moment to make up more bullshit. The spiel is such a muscle memory, now, that if he gets angry enough his “performative self” kicks in.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Marsupial Ape posted:

I still believe that the ad read was spontaneous. He’s an oral story teller, so he has practiced rhythms and repetitions he used as places to give his brain a moment to make up more bullshit. The spiel is such a muscle memory, now, that if he gets angry enough his “performative self” kicks in.

:hmmyes:

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Just look at trump if you think money can always get amazing or even competent legal representation.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

0konner posted:

Just look at trump if you think money can always get amazing or even competent legal representation.

Well the problem there is Trump had the money but never let it go to his lawyers. Dude lives his life by ripping off and not paying contractors then treats his lawyers the same way, so he gets the representation and advice he pays for. Apartheid Clyde seems to actually pay his underlings, he just fires all the ones he doesn't want to pay anymore.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Trump gets massive donations from his freaks still dude definitely has the money and at least some of his lawyers are getting paid.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

0konner posted:

Trump has never had the kind of money musk has

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

0konner posted:

Money can get amazing legal representation, if you want it. It can also get lawyers who will regurgitate whatever stupid ineffective legal defense you decide they should put on, if you would prefer to have that. Look at what's going on with SBF right now. That dude could definitely afford to hire lawyers who put on a better defense than "I am completely guilty of these crimes but uwu im baby" but that's what he wants so that's what he has.

Elon Musk could hire lawyers to put on a flawless legal defense, or he could hire lawyers to tell the judge that his big ol' dick flopped out onto the keyboard and accidentally rolled over it in such a way as to make a tweet calling some guy a Nazi. Which do you think he is more likely to do at this point in his career?

Ariong fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 6, 2023

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Hire a P.I. to harras Bankston then hopefully get caught

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Getting good legal representation is a two step process. First you hire good lawyer, but then, and this is the important part, you shut he gently caress up and follow your lawyer's advice.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Idly recalling back to the custody hearing. Alex was following his presumably-competent lawyer's advice in saying that what he does on the show is "just an act," that he is a perfectly normal person off-air. While following this advice, he was poised to win the custody battle entirely in his favor.

He promptly lapsed into "show mode" during one of the court hearings, and the entire case turned against him.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I like the new subplot that the crew doesn’t hide Alex’s substance habits like they used to. I saw the video where he’s on camera staring directly into a cup clearly drunk saying “I like you”. On the Friday show this week there was a shot of Alex during a Roger stone hit where Alex was visibly holding a lit cigarette at the desk.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
WILD reveal at the end of today's live show

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Froghammer posted:

(Immediately goes to download episode)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

That they are going home?

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Morroque posted:

Idly recalling back to the custody hearing. Alex was following his presumably-competent lawyer's advice in saying that what he does on the show is "just an act," that he is a perfectly normal person off-air. While following this advice, he was poised to win the custody battle entirely in his favor.

He promptly lapsed into "show mode" during one of the court hearings, and the entire case turned against him.

Was that stuff covered on KF? I'd be curious to hear about it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

KF mostly avoided covering the custody stuff.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Froghammer posted:

can you just say what it is, haha

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Big Ben is the bell?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I assume the bit where Kerry Cassidy was there too, but they'd already covered it, so Dan screwed hisself out of topical content.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Fred is on posted:

Was that stuff covered on KF? I'd be curious to hear about it.

One of the earlier episodes covers an angle into it: #35. They would develop the policy to ignore Alex's personal life later on (or at least try to) but even here you have to read between the lines a bit. Elizabeth Williabson covered the custody battle in her book, and Alex' ex wife fully anticipated to lose the case because the divorce left her with no money. (A detail which relates to one of Alex's lawyers in the Sandy Hook case and the construction of the alphabet soup companies: Eric Taube, whom Bankston brought sanctions against.)

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

El Fideo posted:

I assume the bit where Kerry Cassidy was there too, but they'd already covered it, so Dan screwed hisself out of topical content.
it was this

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I actually remember that episode. Kerry was in a particularly fussy mood.

Also, hearing a bunch of people with English accents chanting “Dance! Dance! Dance” gave me the Wicker Man Willies.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm only like 4 minutes into the newest episode but I'm excited for this Dan who took a few days off and is suddenly fired up to "completely destroy Alex's career."

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Dunno if this was mentioned on today's show, I haven't listened yet.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
There is some fear that Alex would be too chaotic of a witness to be useful for the prosecution. On the other hand, this would be a criminal trial and not a civil trial, so perjury charges might actually have teeth. And even Bankston called the otherwise-oppositional Daria under supeona, to great effect. So long as they have all the documents and evidence, having Jones on the stand would just be to establish relevance to get those documents onto the court record.

Also, Jones is not the main character of that trial; Chesebro is. If Jones pleads the fifth to avoid incriminating himself, that would just incriminate Chesebro by association. If Jones pleads the fifth to avoid criminating himself in criminal matters, but can be otherwise connected to Chesebro, then that means Jones is aware that what Chesebro was doing classified as a criminal matter.

This means that Alex's inability to forsee rhetorical traps being laid in front of him will be double-sided; as both the prosecution and the defense will want to tear into him. ... and the defense will have to, as they may incriminate themselves if they treat him too nicely.

Most likely what Alex would end up doing is just dodging supeona. It was what Rob Dew did during the two Sandy Hook trials, and Alex was clearly aware of what Dew did, so he might have the idea to do it himself.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Tree Dude posted:

I'm only like 4 minutes into the newest episode but I'm excited for this Dan who took a few days off and is suddenly fired up to "completely destroy Alex's career."

Get em!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I'm much less shocked than they are about what Alex did in today's episode, but the sheer brazenness is almost impressive. Like, I feel like Alex of five years ago wouldn't be this obvious, but I'm sure I've forgotten something he did then that was just as bad

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
"We gotta go full-tilt boogie on this, Watson!"

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I just rediscovered https://soundcloud.com/dan-proctor-...=social_sharing

:allears:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I believe it was Jordan who had the bit about 9/12 and it’s really resonated with me amid all this. How we need to think about how we acted and reacted after 9/11 and how it led to over two decades of suffering.

History doesn’t repeat itself, but it rhymes, and while woof, I hate seeing the rhyme, I’m glad I don’t feel as alone in seeing it (and needing several mic down moments to process it)

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
"Wicked Counterfeit" is my favorite Annie Lennox solo album.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Extremely huge news on the show Friday. A caller briefly asked if jones might watch his explicit language better and Alex is set off on an extremely long rant and tells the caller “this is not a show for children.” And proceeds to berate him that he should be personally curating his own edited clips to show his kids instead.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

0konner posted:

Extremely huge news on the show Friday. A caller briefly asked if jones might watch his explicit language better and Alex is set off on an extremely long rant and tells the caller “this is not a show for children.” And proceeds to berate him that he should be personally curating his own edited clips to show his kids instead.

Oh my god I am dying

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

0konner posted:

this is a family show where the entire family is 18+ (depending on some red state marriage laws)

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I want nothing more than for Dan to make a "It's a family show" supercut and then play the clip of him saying it's not for children.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm pulling a Jordan and shouting "WHAT" at my phone every five minutes this episode

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, even by his usual standard Jones was all over the place that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

Yeah, even by his usual standard Jones was all over the place that episode.

No kidding, this is something even for him