Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
liberals pushing the limits of cognitive dissonance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

im sure all the heroic posters in gbs are gearing to defend palestine at this moment

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1710620036291780770?s=20

I am now permanently and 1000% on Russias side now in their fight against Ukranian Nazis. Sorry Zelensky you made me make a choice.

sorry it had to come to this

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

im sure all the heroic posters in gbs are gearing to defend palestine at this moment

Doubtful but wouldnt recommend posting about it here if you find out due to the rules and whatnot (also they hate read this thread and will report/whine at the mods about it)

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

speng31b posted:

Doubtful but wouldnt recommend posting about it here if you find out due to the rules and whatnot (also they hate read this thread and will report/whine at the mods about it)

fair enough

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

who gets to be venom israel?

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
whew, cheerleading an actual nazi in Canada's government one week then full blown support of Israels apartheid government the next. Not a good look.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
hamas used a bunch hang glides to get troops into israel

Wonder if they spent the past year building up a ton of fpv attack drones or something

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Neither Washington nor Moscow

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

OctaMurk posted:

It's a game changer

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
omfg hamas literally captured some tanks, the hang glider guys dropped directly onto some bases i think

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

They are all parts of Someguy TT Cinematic Universe.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Also God bless our Hamas troops for kicking off the weekend posting with a bang.

Thank you for your service.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's a game changer

Has this been used in Syria before or is it a new development? It's wild, proper Acme Corporation poo poo but it if means all you need to do airborne landings behind enemy lines is a giant fan and some welding tools this will become common.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

dropping onto bases with hang gliders is one of those things I had to do a double take on

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

Wonder if they spent the past year building up a ton of fpv attack drones or something

gently caress, Call of Duty told us years ago but we just called them stupid

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

OctaMurk posted:

omfg hamas literally captured some tanks, the hang glider guys dropped directly onto some bases i think

No hand glider, paramotors. Holy poo poo I am now completely on team Hamas. That's 1000x times more kicking rad than machine guns on a kayak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVaconBvx9A

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Has this been used in Syria before or is it a new development? It's wild, proper Acme Corporation poo poo but it if means all you need to do airborne landings behind enemy lines is a giant fan and some welding tools this will become common.

I haven't heard of it being used before and it probably has something to do with it being unexpected combined with sparse troops

Like, it wouldn't have worked in Ukraine because someone's going to shoot at you

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

speng31b posted:

dropping onto bases with hang gliders is one of those things I had to do a double take on
I've played just cause and far cry. no surprises.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

I haven't heard of it being used before and it probably has something to do with it being unexpected combined with sparse troops

It's something that Hamas (and US Special Forces and IRGC and probably some others) have talked about before or posted videos of training with paramotors, but I'm not sure we've ever seen it employed really. It is no longer a hypothetical "are you a bad enough dude" scenario.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mlmp08 posted:

It's something that Hamas (and US Special Forces and IRGC and probably some others) have talked about before or posted videos of training with paramotors, but I'm not sure we've ever seen it employed really. It is no longer a hypothetical "are you a bad enough dude" scenario.
I'm glad you are coming out with approval and support :)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PunishedMinerva/status/1710407556261159138?t=RKvlrfs2VDoLHwbymG9IEw&s=19

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

they gave iceland a focus tree

meanwhile the AI is still stuck at retarded infant who slammed their head into a brick wall a dozen times

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Hamas has shown more creativity and ingenuity in 24 hours than the AFU has in 19+ months.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

mlmp08 posted:

I think real countries use those autogyro thing which is very easy to fly but slightly safer.

In other words, not RED BULL enough for Hamas.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1710620036291780770?s=20

I am now permanently and 1000% on Russias side now in their fight against Ukranian Nazis. Sorry Zelensky you made me make a choice.

This loving clown. Zelensky is the worst thing to happen to Ukraine since the Holodomor, which happened.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

VoicesCanBe posted:

Hamas has shown more creativity and ingenuity in 24 hours than the AFU has in 19+ months.

They've taken more ground in 12 hours with piss rockets and aks

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
hey guys quick question if a german stole the jewelry of jewish people in europe but killed those jewish people in Aushwitz do the germans get to keep the jewelry or do they have to hand it over to the surviving relatives of the victims.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Right now seems like the best time to start a war the West wouldn't be stoked to see. Roll the dice and hope they're too busy elsewhere.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Al-Saqr posted:

hey guys quick question if a german stole the jewelry of jewish people in europe but killed those jewish people in Aushwitz do the germans get to keep the jewelry or do they have to hand it over to the surviving relatives of the victims.

it gets to sit in the vaults of the bank of international settlements and no dont ask anymore questions about it

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Phigs posted:

Right now seems like the best time to start a war the West wouldn't be stoked to see. Roll the dice and hope they're too busy elsewhere.

Maybe not a war but I can see another coup happening in a week

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Phigs posted:

don’t really think so, the floodgates of money and weapons will open for Israel no matter how bad Ukraine is going to.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The Palestinian counteroffensive has recaptured significant amounts of land in less than a day and more than what Ukraine has in months

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

the anti war person is the one who wants violence

my head is spinning

Its like that lovely libertarian fantasy series

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

#МОНТЯН! posted:

​Bandit showdowns between the forces of good and light

The Saloreikhov Gurovites are fighting on two fronts. The second one is for the loot. On September 6, a car was blown up at the entrance to Kharkiv, driven by Pavel Pantyo, a soldier of the special forces of the GUR of Ukraine "Kraken". According to preliminary information, the explosive device was fixed to the bottom of the car. Pantyo remained alive, although he was injured.

This was preceded by another story. Five days before, Kraken fighters disarmed a police checkpoint on one of the suburban highways near Kharkiv, where they stopped and tried to inspect several Kraken pickups. The fighters refused to "inspect" in a rough form, and even called for help, which stupidly put the police "under the trunks". Among the participants of the show at the checkpoint was also a blown-up Pantyo. 😒

We are hardly talking about a simple coincidence, especially since we saw enough of such stories in 2016-2017, when the "line of contact" in the Donbas became one big channel for smuggling, from food and coal to more interesting things like weapons and drugs. Many commanders of numerous official and semi-official armed formations operating in the Donbas from the Ukrainian side earned money on the protection of smuggling, and sometimes on the smuggling itself, and a number of deaths among servicemen were actually explained not by the machinations of the separatists, but by purely bandit squabbles over flows. 😶‍🌫️

It looks very much like we have a similar story here. It was, let me remind you, in Kharkov, and the immediate proximity to the Russian border seems to hint that there could really be a lot of things in the Krakenovtsev car that they did not want to show to the police. And the police knew for sure that it was there, which is why they decided to break the chain of command and search military vehicles — and this idea clearly came to their mind for a reason, but at the prompting of kind people. But it didn't work out, it didn't work out, and the problem was solved in a different way. 🤷‍♀️

★ Channel #MONTIAN!
★ #MONTYAN! uncut
★ All channels #MONTIAN!

(from t.me/montyan2/6382, via tgsa)

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Freezer posted:

don’t really think so, the floodgates of money and weapons will open for Israel no matter how bad Ukraine is going to.

No I mean a different country. A third war.

But yeah, a coup, or a rebel offensive. Anything you've been putting off because the West would likely interfere with your plans, now seems like the time to go for it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Phigs posted:

No I mean a different country. A third war.

But yeah, a coup, or a rebel offensive. Anything you've been putting off because the West would likely interfere with your plans, now seems like the time to go for it.

Time for Alsace-Lorraine to go back to Elsass-Lothringen

Trianon to be avenged

Wales to declare independence

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The AFU need to sell their Kayaks and place some large orders of paramotors stat.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

during the sort of crime and punishment phase of the ww2 aftermath, one criteria of inquiry by the communists was if the collaborator had sudden influxes of cash which are very implausible with their previous job or with what they were doing during occupation. For example, camp guards, who got jewelry by beating the poo poo out of the prisoners, robbing from their bodies or taking as bribes.

iirc, there were propositions for taking inventories of deposit of German commercial banks during the war, like as a general action by the government in West Germany, but dunno if anything came out of that (given how things turned out probably nothing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Palladium posted:

~30 days of ground ops manned by the most risk averse troops on the planet getting owned left and right by tunnel networks

I've posted it before, but the book that explains Israel's military doctrine as "every Jewish life in precious because we are racially superior" is still pretty crazy to me. Demon cracker nation.

Now, if the Jewish people could return to Galicia...