Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

i'll admit i'm pretty out of the loop on i/p but how is the vaunted israeli military/intelligence apparatus this loving bad at their job

or is hamas actually insanely good at theirs and they've been lying in wait for years to shoot their shot

Have you ever heard of neoliberalism and failchildren?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

The palestinians are absolutely doing the right and smart thing which is pretty hosed up when you realize they're going up against a nuclear armed state armed to the tits with top of the line hardware with nothing but a barely trained civilian militia. It's hard to hope for good things anymore but I want to see them get real statehood.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

My only both sides take is I am fearful of the body count rising and the inevitable Israeli retaliatory atrocities. I hope this forces some change and is not just a dying on their feet instead of their knees situation.

yea. at least one Israeli general is thinking about firebombing Gaza like Dresden today 😬

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

sanders really is a sad loser what a pathetic embarrassment

Has Corbyn made a statement?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

Has Corbyn made a statement?

geezer corbyn ftw

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1710632920950489167

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rhesus Pieces posted:

i'll admit i'm pretty out of the loop on i/p but how is the vaunted israeli military/intelligence apparatus this loving bad at their job

or is hamas actually insanely good at theirs and they've been lying in wait for years to shoot their shot

theyre not used to fighting an enemy that isnt an unarmed six year old

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

also Israel is going to use this all as a pretext for nuking iran

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Currently dying laughing at Ukrainian flag accounts on Twitter siding with Israel and saying this attack was secretly orchestrated by putin

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

antipattern posted:

It's nice to wake up to some good news

d2i

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I like Varoufakis' better but Corbyn ain't wrong.

Just goes to show that Americans are garbage people.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Sancho Banana posted:

Currently dying laughing at Ukrainian flag accounts on Twitter siding with Israel and saying this attack was secretly orchestrated by putin

russian backed terrorists are killing every civilian in arms reach. and you, are laughing?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Non-snarky honest question asked in good faith here: how does this end well or generally improve the situation for the Palestinians? No matter how far they push in these initial days they won't be able to hold territory? Is revenge the primary goal no matter what the cost is?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

this statement sucks only slightly less than sanders' one

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

neato burrito posted:

Non-snarky honest question asked in good faith here: how does this end well or generally improve the situation for the Palestinians? No matter how far they push in these initial days they won't be able to hold territory? Is revenge the primary goal no matter what the cost is?

israel destroyed

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

John Charity Spring posted:

this statement sucks only slightly less than sanders' one

its way better imo not amazing but whatever

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

neato burrito posted:

bare survival. Netanyahu and the far right now run the show in Israel and are pretty clear that it's all gonna be israel and the palestians are going to be paved over. Their arab allies are turning to israel. If not now, it'll be never.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I call upon the putin backed jihadist terrorists to return to the peaceful status quo of living in a giant prison. We'll do something about it eventually, maybe,

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the palestinians should simply vote the IDF away

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
dudes really wearing their hamas lettermans thumbs uping opening fire into crowds of civies..neat stuff

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

smarxist posted:

dudes really wearing their hamas lettermans thumbs uping opening fire into crowds of civies..neat stuff

The official Hamas jackets are too expensive but the Wish version is fine

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

legendary hunter
the negative connotation is ironic like calling a dumbass einstein.

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

We need some Al-Aqsa gangtangs up in here

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Real hurthling! posted:

legendary hunter
the negative connotation is ironic like calling a dumbass einstein.

Should have hunted some trousers

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

The official Hamas jackets are too expensive but the Wish version is fine

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1710668032748515772?t=Jxevl8pyXaPFOU0NCjHcrQ&s=19

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

:hai:

You gotta hand it to them

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I can only assume the plan is to get the West Bank and Hezbollah to attack in a general uprising/intifada. Is there any evidence of that happening?

If not, it doesn't really matter how much damage Hamas can do, even if what they've done so far is completely unprecedented. Yes, it's incredibly embarrasing for Israel they were caught so off guard but holy poo poo, the retaliation for this is going to be horrific. They're going to bomb Gaza until there's nothing left

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

The lads on tour

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

taliban ftw

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

homie betting the whole Iron Man save

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Sancho Banana posted:

Is she being held hostage?

It doesn't look like it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
you don't have to hold an old woman hostage basically in any situation, just leave her alone

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Watching al-Jazeera's coverage and some guy is just laying into Netenyahu and calling him a loser.

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

deathbysnusnu posted:

bare survival. Netanyahu and the far right now run the show in Israel and are pretty clear that it's all gonna be israel and the palestians are going to be paved over. Their arab allies are turning to israel. If not now, it'll be never.

So they're hosed then.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zodium posted:

taliban ftw

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/gunterfehlinger/status/1710662642333831443?s=46&t=XcTQEAmVq56cJu9IKvdPKg

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

fundies frothing and drooling in anticipation of the return of jesus today

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
lots of "oooh no the victimized undercaste, after a lifetime of brutal terror foisted on them, did something i found morally objectionable, so i will side with the people that maimed tens of thousands of them just over the last five years" takes from the extremely selective violence dislikers, as anyone on earth could have predicted

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
israel has lost count of how many hostages and POWs hamas captured

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1710667363576889374?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
israel pls