Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

hbag posted:

i dont think you "gotta hand it to" the taliban actually

im gonna hand it to em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

regarding the resistance group hamas, you absolutely do gotta hand it to them

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

HallelujahLee posted:

yes op thats what i said

Sorry then, I read your post as saying that they've invaded before but didn't try actually holding the territory for a while.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Just told my 70yo babushka about #Gaza She had tears in her eyes. And then she did the Wakanda pose and said “#Gazanda forever" — which is the sort of pop culture cross-over that I can celebrate.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Sancho Banana posted:

Sorry then, I read your post as saying that they've invaded before but didn't try actually holding the territory for a while.

its all good

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
me a week ago: critical support for hamas

me today: enthusiastic support for hamas

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Really all Hamas needs to do is steal one nuke and then they have enough leverage to get what they want.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

If I was the governments of Iran, Iraq and Syria I'd be like ok let's see what happens here.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

HallelujahLee posted:

not necessarily like others said it can be used to scare israel into not doing a ground invasion

I doubt they would anyway, and hezbollah probably knows it. but they want to be heard saying something. they didn’t know about this attack and I doubt they want to get involved.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

FlapYoJacks posted:

Really all Hamas needs to do is steal one nuke and then they have enough leverage to get what they want.

Secret Hamas navy in the first ever sub boarding

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Can we get a Mad Max "that's bait" Gunther edit?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Map

https://twitter.com/GeromanAT/status/1710672529461743832?t=_6QQH0j7JjnDhHbvW5otRg&s=19

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I doubt they would anyway, and hezbollah probably knows it. but they want to be heard saying something. they didn’t know about this attack and I doubt they want to get involved.

maybe but at this rate who knows

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Oglethorpe posted:

palestine tower got bombed live on al jazeera behind a reporter

central gaza city

video

https://twitter.com/afshinrattansi/status/1710677305998111192

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

why would Israel invade Gaza when they can just reduce it to motes of dust?

also they have to invade their own captured territory first lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

genericnick posted:

Wonder if some of the shipments for Ukraine ended up there.

Lol the N95 shipments getting hijacked and redirected to the US, but this time it's weapons bound for Kyiv

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lol mr announcer man where would a Position of Safety be in a what has become a concentration camp artillery range at this point

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

lots of "oooh no the victimized undercaste, after a lifetime of brutal terror foisted on them, did something i found morally objectionable, so i will side with the people that maimed tens of thousands of them just over the last five years" takes from the extremely selective violence dislikers, as anyone on earth could have predicted

Motherfuckers need to read more Victor Hugo:

Facing these men, who were ferocious, we admit, and terrifying, but ferocious and terrifying for good ends, there are other men, smiling, embroidered, gilded, beribboned, starred, in silk stockings, in white plumes, in yellow gloves, in varnished shoes, who, with their elbows on a velvet table, beside a marble chimney-piece, insist gently on demeanor and the preservation of the past, of the Middle Ages, of divine right, of fanaticism, of innocence, of slavery, of the death penalty, of war, glorifying in low tones and with politeness, the sword, the stake, and the scaffold. For our part, if we were forced to make a choice between the barbarians of civilization and the civilized men of barbarism, we should choose the barbarians.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

taliban ftw

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonCHI/status/1710662927076745539

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
hey guys quick question if a german stole the jewelry of jewish people in europe but killed those jewish people in Aushwitz do the germans get to keep the jewelry or do they have to hand it over to the surviving relatives of the victims.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Correct

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

hey guys quick question if a german stole the jewelry of jewish people in europe but killed those jewish people in Aushwitz do the germans get to keep the jewelry or do they have to hand it over to the surviving relatives of the victims.

trick question - the jewelry goes to the americans

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/amansouraja/status/1710635036280582369?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

people are now putting up maps of Hamas's gains or area of operations, holy cow theyre quite extensive!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

whats the hamas position on what happens to the israeli settlers if they win and take all of israel (inshallah)

settlements will be demolished and settlers will be able to peacefully return to their homelands (New Jersey)

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al-Saqr posted:

I dunno man I'm pretty sure the diamonds used in the making of that jewlery were first dug up by the german's distant ancestor in Gaul 2000 years ago

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/amansouraja/status/1710635036280582369?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

people are now putting up maps of Hamas's gains or area of operations, holy cow theyre quite extensive!

hamas ftw

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Zodium posted:

hamas ftw

I'm legally not allowed to say this but many other people are

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lord of Pie posted:

taliban ftw

Zodium posted:

hamas ftw

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont think they are going to be able to keep the land for any serious amount of time. Its still a rag tag militia vs an overwhelming military. The only issue israel has is that these are settled territories so in essence they would have to wipe themselves out of the map but hey, they'll do it.

Calling the Gazan resistance brigades a "rag tag militia" is seriously selling them short. They have decades of experience in urban guerilla fighting, sophisticated weapons, serious military training. Do they have the material capabilities of the IDF? Not even close, but they're definitely a cut way above some regular slobs who were given assault rifles and pointed in the right direction.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

hbag posted:

i dont think you "gotta hand it to" the taliban actually

I dont have to but I don't mind doing it

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

This is the biggest Israeli intelligence failure in its entire existence. This is up there with the complete miscalculation of both the CIA and Russian intelligence services who both thought Ukraine's military wouldn't last long at all against an invasion.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

you're going to see a lot of 'progressive' types silently take the palestinian flag out of their twitter bio now that they're not just some abstract lost cause but a living, breathing struggle, with all that entails.

kinda like when they turned on cuba during that short lived period of protests.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

just saw a clip of netanyahu saying "this is a war". his eyes were puffy and it looked like he had been crying lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

shitinyahu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb