Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's not that there's actually 50,000 lakes at imminent risk of bursting, it's that no one is monitoring any of these 50,000 so we have no clue which are actually at risk of bursting

Sure, I sort of assumed when they said there was no risk assessment done on them that there would likely be plenty of benign ones, and ones for various reasons there wasn't much to worry about, but when you're dealing with those sort of numbers, and what the results of a lake bursting can be it's still very not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
turn on sound to hear a stormchaser squeal like a hog about jesus
https://twitter.com/MacrodosingPod/status/1709999862127743441

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
owned. next time don't play chicken with a nader

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Chasers are morons

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

nice contrast to those other guys who were super stoked a few pages back

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

FlapYoJacks posted:

Every satellite hit would be destroyed. They are hardened for radiation but not that much radiation. GPS would be hosed. Any electronics outside would be hosed. Most, if not all cars would be hosed. Most generators would be hosed. Modern society would be mega-hosed.

TLDR: Hell yeah Carrington event let’s gooooooo.

wait, even the early launch detection satellites? perfect time for a full nuclear volley to win the nuclear war when they can't see it coming!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ekuNNN posted:

is it weird that I would be more annoyed about listening to people screeching like that than the tornado that's about to kill me? like, Jesus loving Christ shut your mouth and appreciate the unique moment you're experiencing

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Spergin Morlock posted:

wait, even the early launch detection satellites? perfect time for a full nuclear volley to win the nuclear war when they can't see it coming!
i'd rate that as more possible than i'd like to really think about

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Spergin Morlock posted:

is it weird that I would be more annoyed about listening to people screeching like that than the tornado that's about to kill me? like, Jesus loving Christ shut your mouth and appreciate the unique moment you're experiencing

Yeah I'd like to think that I could hold it together and poo poo my pants quietly as I had a once in a lifetime experience

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That guy will attribute Jesus saving him to his survival, and not his dumbass actions to why he was in danger in the first place

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
jesus tried to drop a powerline on their heads

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if we get hit with sun jizz will the night side of earth be safe or will it like surround the planet or will it like last so long that the night side will rotate into it anyway?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Samaras

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Real hurthling! posted:

if we get hit with sun jizz will the night side of earth be safe or will it like surround the planet or will it like last so long that the night side will rotate into it anyway?

The heavy particles that do the worst damage are blocked by like an inch of rock.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ikanreed posted:

The heavy particles that do the worst damage are blocked by like an inch of rock.

Uh, excuse me the peer-reviewed scientific treatise Assassin's Creed 3 told me that a solar flare could explode the earth

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

We cannot be far from the first livestreamed chaser death

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Wolfy posted:

We cannot be far from the first livestreamed chaser death

no

Blue Shed Jesus will protect them

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

but then how would you post

after the solar event has subsided I would turn my phone back on, and would be the only one left posting

that's why it's called the post apocalypse

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

don't doxx me

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
luv my 80 degree seattle october days

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/HydrometryEA/status/1710735006237090130?s=20

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

due to weather, train is temporarily a canal
problem solved
get the barges

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

just use lifted trains like those awful pickup trucks

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

ekuNNN posted:

lmao, dude is screaming and begging for his life like jesus has a gun to his head

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

taking the log flume to work

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

lmao, dude is screaming and begging for his life like jesus has a gun to his head

plan worked, jesus was too annoyed to finish the job

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/oct/07/train-services-suspended-in-parts-of-scotland-with-heavy-rain-forecast

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

That's just normal UK weather, OP.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

that's some yummy looking leptowater

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
I love summer time

Only registered members can see post attachments!

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Dog Case posted:

I love summer time

its fun to talk to old timer hunters about opening day for white tail in october/november and having a good snow pack to track deer on or ice skating on the mill ponds on halloween

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

500excf type r posted:

its fun to talk to old timer hunters about opening day for white tail in october/november and having a good snow pack to track deer on or ice skating on the mill ponds on halloween

at least in southern Minnesota my mom likes to correct that this was always the exception and not the rule

ice in dates however are an exceptionally good and consistent way to show warming trends and they keep getting later and later

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

hobbesmaster posted:

at least in southern Minnesota my mom likes to correct that this was always the exception and not the rule

ice in dates however are an exceptionally good and consistent way to show warming trends and they keep getting later and later

Depending on how old your mother is, she might have no real memory of a "normal" climate / weather to even gauge this on but even into the 90s I can remember playing ice hockey on shallow ponds and lakes in november/december so I don't disbelieve the stories of the same activities a month or so earlier a long time ago. Now those same ponds and lakes are lucky to freeze hard enough to walk on before February lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

she left Minnesota around 70 so was referring to the 50s/60s.

I did latch onto October though

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Imagine dying an extremely preventable death while screaming pathetically like a bitch.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Negostrike posted:

Imagine dying an extremely preventable death while screaming pathetically like a bitch.

wow, rude of you to criticize Mother Nature like this

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Laterite posted:

luv my 80 degree seattle october days

Dry too! All the California and Texas immigrants are getting what they want. A sunny, rainless, treeless Pacific Northwest.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Negostrike posted:

done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a cool storm in oregon
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rvszwf4UHk1s5qq4x_720.mp4