Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

Looks like israels gonna take the bait and get into the trap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Resistance News Network posted:

🔴 Martyr Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades (PFLP):

What is coming is greater.

Groups of the Martyr Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades continue to work on the ground with all valor, destroying the zionist settlements with continuous missile barrages, within the framework of supporting our fighters, comrades, and brothers in the Gaza envelope settlements who control a number of them.

Al-Aqsa Flood
(from t.me/PalestineResist/13462, via tgsa)

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1710744365893566969

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1710747483150712884

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1710747849128910898

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

if the idf didnt pay attention to what happened to highly predictable columns of tanks in ukraine there might be some very lol times ahead

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/LumpyTheCook/status/1710685459507011697?s=20

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

John Charity Spring posted:

lol in her bio:

"In addition, she is a trained medical clown and, although on COVID hiatus, until allowed back into hospitals, she clowns as often as she can in the pediatric ward in the hospital in Ashkelon"

today Hamas is clowning on her lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/fr0gan/status/1710743573904142826?s=61&t=8W_23JcWsyyVBsM2w0Q2EQ

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Check the replies to see how much her critics are giving credit for this

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

interesting if this is true any other sources

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Two front wars always work out!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

theyre racist op

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Sancho Banana posted:

Interesting. Do you mind listing some of those books?

A History of Military Occupation from 1792 to 1914
How Democracies Lose Small Wars: State, Society, and the Failures of France in Algeria, Israel in Lebanon, and the United States in Vietnam
Divining Victory: Airpower in the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah War
Occupational Hazards: Success and Failure in Military Occupation
Native vs. Settler: Ethnic Conflict in Israel, Palestine, Northern Ireland, and South Africa
Israel's Death Hierarchy: Casualty Aversion in a Militarized Democracy
Through the Crosshairs: War, Visual Culture, and the Weaponized Gaze
The 1973 Yom Kippur War and the Reshaping of Israeli Civil–Military Relations
The Politics of Military Occupation
Arab-Israeli Military Forces in an Era of Asymmetric Wars
Offense and Defense in Israeli Military Doctrine
Transition to Adulthood During Military Service: The Israeli Case
Military and Militarism in Israeli Society

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Quick reminder why you should scream DTI from the rooftops

https://twitter.com/shehabifares/status/1261380781017980929?s=61&t=8W_23JcWsyyVBsM2w0Q2EQ

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sounds about white

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Now is as good a chance Syria will ever have to retake the Golan Heights. They wimped out when they could've won last time.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

What part of 'Paper Bag Test' do they not get...? :thunk:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Don't worry I'm sure the border guard and the IDF will allow non-combatant Palestinians to leave Gaza for East Jerusalem lol

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

she was doing nothing. loving nothing. Of course they're going to go with violence. She couldn't even lie about one day helping them out. Useless pathetic piece of poo poo.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Horseshoe theory posted:

Two front wars always work out!

two fronts plus whatever might happen with settlers in the west bank without the idf there to protect them

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

two front plus whatever might happen to settlers in the west bank without the idf there to protect them

what do you think Palestinian liberators would do and more importantly why

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yeah, the west bank is objectively hosed.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzh7RtIJKZk&t=180s

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

smarxist posted:

what do you think Palestinian liberators would do and more importantly why

I meant to say with.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

part one, they're a longtime regional proxy going back to cold war days, so they're up to their eyeballs in all the usual military/industrial complex "we can't ever stop giving them aid, because if we stopped giving them aid Lockheed Martin's stock price might drop for a quarter second."

part two, there's a bunch of weird evangelical bullshit about how Israel has to be around for the end of days to happen, which the Israel lobby has gleefully made use of for a very long time for inroads among Republicans.

part three, not to put too fine a point on it, New York and Los Angeles are both Democratic as hell and Jewish as hell. meaning there's an awful lot of very powerful Democrats who have spent the past sixty or so years knowing that if they take a position less than unconditional support for Israel they'll be dealing with a primary from someone who will.

part four, the war on terror let them pivot into "we are your eternal allies in the war against the Muslim world," which was great for them while it looked like we were winning, and has left them in a bit of an awkward position now that we have admitted that was a total bust.

some of the reason Israel is going off crazier than usual is that over the last fifteen years American Jews have gone from unconditionally supporting Israel to being a lot more lukewarm on the subject. this has taken support for Israel from "absolutely mandatory" to "you can get away with saying sometimes they do bad things" in Democratic circles. all the military/industrial complex ties and a very well-funded Israel lobby are enough to keep Democrats firmly supportive of them, but as the continued existence of Ilhan Omar demonstrates, it is now possible to not say they get a blank check for everything forever.

Thank you, this is helpful and pretty much my understanding of things. The overwhelming unquestioning support still seems over the top but I guess it is what it is. It also seems like Israel is the one in charge of the relationship with I also never quite got.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
critical support to the dsa card holders learning today for the first time that all elected officials of the us federal government are bad

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I meant to say with.

what do you think will happen with the settlers then

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

inshallah

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

critical support to the dsa card holders learning today for the first time that all elected officials of the us federal government are bad

lol

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

what do you think will happen with the settlers then

hopefully the Palestinians of the west back run them out

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

has this guy met americans, they've been cheering videos of middle eastern apartment blocks getting levelled for decades

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

something something russia taking crimea

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Thinking about those Israelis sitting on a hillside watching Cast Lead happen. I wonder what they're doing now

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

so many people trying to split the difference today but only managing to piss off everyone. lmao

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Thinking about those Israelis sitting on a hillside watching Cast Lead happen. I wonder what they're doing now

making GBS threads their pants

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Well those settlers are now ironically held as captives in some basement in Gaza city as their own military bombs them

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1710750651758641237

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

i can't believe CHILLhan "here come" Omar could do this to me *falls to my knees in front of congressional funko pops, both joints crack incredibly loudly because i haven't exercised since i was 23*

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the IDF mobilizing in the north is probably also partly them getting ready to put down Palestinians that live in "israel proper"

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

HallelujahLee posted:

making GBS threads their pants

It would be appropriate if they were currently enjoying the hospitality of a Palestinian home

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Speaking to journalist Barak Ravid earlier this year for an upcoming book, the ex-president commented on his efforts to mediate between Jerusalem and Ramallah, and his feeling as time went on that Netanyahu wasn’t truly interested in reaching a settlement.

Trump said that when he came into office, he’d asked Netanyahu for overtures toward the Palestinians, raising the possibility of a construction freeze in the West Bank, but the Israeli leader often demurred.

“Bibi did not want to make a deal,” he said, using Netanyahu’s nickname. “Even most recently, when we came up with the maps” as part of his administration’s peace plan, Netanyahu’s reaction was “‘Oh this is good, good,’ everything was always great, but he was never… he did not want to make a deal.

“Now I don’t know if he didn’t want to make it for political reasons, or for other reasons. I wish he would have said he didn’t want to make a deal, instead of…. Because a lot of people devoted a lot of work. But I don’t think Bibi would have ever made a deal. That’s my opinion. I think the general [Gantz] wanted to make a deal.”

Trump said he believed that Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas “wanted to make a deal more than Netanyahu. And I will be honest, I had a great meeting with him, Abbas, right. I had a great meeting with him. And we spent a lot of time together, talking about many things. And it was almost like a father. I mean, he was so nice, couldn’t have been nicer.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Now is as good a chance Syria will ever have to retake the Golan Heights. They wimped out when they could've won last time.

True story, when Gradenko brought the Gulf War up in the Epstein thread and I did some digging, it turns out a major reason for the Gulf War and the 2003 Iraq War was that the Israelis were genuinely afraid of the Iraqi Army, which stopped them cold in Golan in 73 and threatened to enter the war (possibly with the Soviets) if Israel drove on Cairo or Damascus.