Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think it's fine if the objectively evil company gets posted about in a negative manner on Something Awful dot com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Island Nation posted:

It's more bothersome when some of the time this thread is little more complaining that WWE sucks and (AEW/Impact/Indie promotion/NJPW) is better. We get it already, we haven't been in the target demo for decades.

Go to those threads if you hate the WWE style that much. Vince is who he is and nobody on earth is going to have him change his ways especially now. Only network executives will have him change course assuming Ari will be hands off while he nails his wife half his age.

so true, there are absolutely no other threads on this entire forum where people talk about a subject they dislike or make fun of.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I prefer to post in the AEW thread where 100% of the people there are positive all the time

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'll throw a bone and say that Shinsuke Nakamura vs Seth Rollings in a Last Man Standing match for one of the world titles is a pretty hype main event for the pape today, but yeah, I only really come here when I hear there's another big scandal at the fed or C*dy eats a pin (fingers crossed for tonight)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think Baron Corbin is cool. I’ve always been very supportive of big guys with three moves, one of them being a very good Bossman Slam.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Seams posted:

I prefer to post in the AEW thread where 100% of the people there are positive all the time

It's great and the NJPW thread is also great where everyone loves House of Torture and Evil!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Island Nation posted:

It's more bothersome when some of the time this thread is little more complaining that WWE sucks and (AEW/Impact/Indie promotion/NJPW) is better. We get it already, we haven't been in the target demo for decades.

Go to those threads if you hate the WWE style that much. Vince is who he is and nobody on earth is going to have him change his ways especially now. Only network executives will have him change course assuming Ari will be hands off while he nails his wife half his age.

Counterpoint: it's still really funny to gawk at the big Trump findraiser

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

And like WWE is hot business wise and doing great ticket sales money but the product hasn't changed that much from when it was super down. Cody coming and the Bloodline are really just fast food restaurant changes it's dining room look/Malibu stacy gets a new hat level changes and that Summerslam main event really showed it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Island Nation posted:

How about you make a thread where you can be positive about WWE? Why should this thread cater to suit the 3 people who like WWE when this has been the nature of the thread for many years?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Smackdown GDT thread literally had zero posts this week btw

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

If no one is gonna say something nice about WWE, we'll just not have a WWE thread at all! :sickos:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

If you want a thread where no one complains about the WWE and no one is poo poo-talking them, you'll have like two members talking and it'll get shut down as a mercy killing.

I remember like a decade ago in BSS we had a thread dedicated to Red Hood and the Outlaws, a notoriously awful comic. It had all of one poster who did a single monthly post praising each new issue and everyone else just ignored it because why even bother? Eventually, it got locked because it was just sad to see.

...y'know what actually that sounds good. Let's mercy kill the WWE threads for their own good. :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vandar posted:

If you want a thread where no one complains about the WWE and no one is poo poo-talking them, you'll have like two members talking and it'll get shut down as a mercy killing.

I remember like a decade ago in BSS we had a thread dedicated to Red Hood and the Outlaws, a notoriously awful comic. It had all of one poster who did a single monthly post praising each new issue and everyone else just ignored it because why even bother? Eventually, it got locked because it was just sad to see.

...y'know what actually that sounds good. Let's mercy kill the WWE threads for their own good. :v:

also the guy who that thread was for eventually got permabanned when people in ADTRW namesearched him and found out that also was an administrator of an imageboard dedicated entirely to the concept of men raping lesbians until they're straight

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Alaois posted:

also the guy who that thread was for eventually got permabanned when people in ADTRW namesearched him and found out that also was an administrator of an imageboard dedicated entirely to the concept of men raping lesbians until they're straight

:stare:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Alaois posted:

:stonk:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Fed fans amirite

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

That show was just meh. I best thing was Rhea telling Heyman to acknowledge her. The women's tag match was okay, but the rest was just there. The only thing to come out of it was that it looks like Survivor Series is setting up the Bloodline and Judgment Day teaming up against Cody, Cena, Knight, Jey, and a mystery fifth who at this point seems like it'll be Punk.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll post interesting things I see wwe related on twitter or when the company does something funny that I laugh at.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

I'll throw a bone and say that Shinsuke Nakamura vs Seth Rollings in a Last Man Standing match for one of the world titles is a pretty hype main event for the pape today, but yeah, I only really come here when I hear there's another big scandal at the fed or C*dy eats a pin (fingers crossed for tonight)

i aint watchin this poo poo! [high fives all the trolls]

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JUNGLE BOY posted:

WWE’s storytelling is so masterful that people are getting off their phones and computers to watch it without distraction

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Why is there an Elon Musk thread in GBS if all people do there is make fun of him???

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Island Nation posted:

The thread is literally titled "WWF: Ringtime for Hitler"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

That show was just meh. I best thing was Rhea telling Heyman to acknowledge her. The women's tag match was okay, but the rest was just there. The only thing to come out of it was that it looks like Survivor Series is setting up the Bloodline and Judgment Day teaming up against Cody, Cena, Knight, Jey, and a mystery fifth who at this point seems like it'll be Punk.

Here's the thing: The 'acknowledge me' thing could be a neat seed for Rhea vs Roman if WWE was remotely open to intergender, as opposed to them half-heartedly letting Rhea throw one of the smaller guys around once every 6 months while he avoids doing any offence towards her.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seams posted:

positive for CMPDS maybe

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i got stage two cumfarter

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Why is there an Elon Musk thread in GBS if all people do there is make fun of him???

Talking about WWE in the Elon Musk thread.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Gaz-L posted:

Here's the thing: The 'acknowledge me' thing could be a neat seed for Rhea vs Roman if WWE was remotely open to intergender, as opposed to them half-heartedly letting Rhea throw one of the smaller guys around once every 6 months while he avoids doing any offence towards her.
if you say so

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

That DICK! posted:

i aint watchin this poo poo! [high fives all the trolls]

Hell yeah slap me some foreskin That DICK!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m sure Reddit has a whole sub forum dedicated to acknowledging the genius of WWE programming if that’s what you want.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Remembering the guy defending WWE here who turned out to be working for Saudi Arabia

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Remembering the guy defending WWE here who turned out to be working for Saudi Arabia

an all time classic

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

One of the funniest things to ever happen here. Up there with the gamergate psycho and Dean Amanda

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bobby Lashley wrestled his first match in month on Smackdown, and there have been discussions about adding some reinforcements to his group.

This summer, Bobby Lashley added the Street Profits to his ranks, with Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins changing their personas and approach. Fightful Select learned they aren't the only talent that have been discussed for the faction, as Odyssey Jones was brought up recently in conversations about potentially joining.

Jones hasn't wrestled in nearly a month since India's Superstar Spectacle, but completely vanished from WWE TV after being drafted to Raw earlier this year. However, he's worked a number of dark matches on the Smackdown brand.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there isn't a whole lot I can do about it but it's a shame to see another case of teaming up against another legitimate insider who has shared interesting stuff here.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i dont remember the saudi arabian guy....

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Am I misremembering or didn't they say something like "if you don't watch WWE because of their deal with SA, then you are in fact being racist towards Saudi Arabia" at one point

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Alaois posted:

A Nightwing fan would never.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Alaois posted:

Oh poo poo that guy, the one with the avatar with one of the Senran Kagura characters IIRC.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Invalid Validation posted:

I’m sure Reddit has a whole sub forum dedicated to acknowledging the genius of WWE programming if that’s what you want.

Yeah basically all of the wrestling subs aside from the dedicated AEW one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Am I misremembering or didn't they say something like "if you don't watch WWE because of their deal with SA, then you are in fact being racist towards Saudi Arabia" at one point

it was something about orientalism, iirc