Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

They had so little chemistry you could easily think dorky catman was an over protective father figure, except they kept telling us it was a romantic thing. If the writers came out and said "they never had sex" that would be totally believable.

Given the bizarre Ocompan reproductive system it is totally plausible that her vajazzle is on her shoulder and only opens one time in her whole life. That's why he was so shook when she went into horny prematurely and wanted him to father her babies. It wasn't that he wasn't ready to be a father, it's that he was a permavirgin and terrified of having to perform.

unfortunately, it was well established that Neelix Fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Facebook Aunt posted:

They had so little chemistry you could easily think dorky catman was an over protective father figure, except they kept telling us it was a romantic thing. If the writers came out and said "they never had sex" that would be totally believable.

Given the bizarre Ocompan reproductive system it is totally plausible that her vajazzle is on her shoulder and only opens one time in her whole life. That's why he was so shook when she went into horny prematurely and wanted him to father her babies. It wasn't that he wasn't ready to be a father, it's that he was a permavirgin and terrified of having to perform.

Neelix definitely not a permavirgin, he can satisfy a Klingon woman, not easy

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Klingon ladies impressed and aroused by the barbed weelix

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

if neelix came back to the alpha quandrant they could have had him marry the duras sisters

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

On Avenue 5, the actor who plays Neelix has a great role. He's a horny pansexual Canadian astronaut with a pony tail.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yes you already said he played Neelix

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Really he's incredible.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

FYI this discord link will no longer exist in 2 months.

Have fun future readers!!!!!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

maybealabia posted:

Klingon ladies impressed and aroused by the barbed weelix

He has three dicks which fit with the klingon ladies two assholes and-

The General
Mar 4, 2007

alexandriao posted:

FYI this discord link will no longer exist in 2 months.

Have fun future readers!!!!!

Thanks for the warning. I will fix this.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I think I've used the forums file attachment feature like twice :v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Another Bill posted:

Really he's incredible.

You’re right. I liked the show mostly too but it had a strange tone with some awkward dialogue at times.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

The General posted:

I think I've used the forums file attachment feature like twice :v:

Oh no, now they'll know what we're talking about!! :stonk:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

GolfHole posted:

if neelix came back to the alpha quandrant they could have had him marry the duras sisters

Duras sisters don't survive The Film Event of 1994, do they?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
While he is a bad character, I think a lot of the more immediate visceral dislike of Neelix stems from his terrible design. The sickly yellow color he has targets that part of your reptile brain that identifies people with stuff like jaundice and makes you reflexively want to get away. His hair is designed in such a way it makes him look like a rapidly balding man which makes a terrible form of symbiosis with the idea of him preying on underage girls. And then there’s the gross hairy feet and generally “unkempt” looking body hair which puts subconscious ideas of him being unhygienic in your mind. Just everything about his visual design is contradictory to what they wanted the audience to think of the character. At first at least. Later seasons seemed to get the message and say “You know what he is a repulsive looking scabies rat, let’s roll with that.”

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

He was anhygienic garbage collector who lived in a dumpster ship. The first thing Tuvok suggests when he comes on board is to take a bath.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I think the character was supposed to appeal to kids and then things went terribly wrong. The JarJar Binks of Voyager.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

He was anhygienic garbage collector who lived in a dumpster ship. The first thing Tuvok suggests when he comes on board is to take a bath.

Hey, let's make this guy the chef for the ship!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Facebook Aunt posted:

I think the character was supposed to appeal to kids and then things went terribly wrong. The JarJar Binks of Voyager.

"Oh, 'appeal to kids'? We got this note backwards."

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Were they really trying to get kids to watch Voyager? Huh.

naem
May 29, 2011

redshirt posted:

he is on point for most food service industry employees honestly

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

redshirt posted:

A few months into the job he manages to poison the ship itself.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Were they really trying to get kids to watch Voyager? Huh.

I liked Voyager as a kid but it sure wasn't because of Neelix

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Neelix, the drat Kazon, the cancer people, and the pollution people were all that's left in the quadrant

The Borg didn't want any of them

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

I think that's funny.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybealabia posted:

Neelix, the drat Kazon, the cancer people, and the pollution people were all that's left in the quadrant

The Borg didn't want any of them

The Borg encourage devolution. Get dumber, and live!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yay, we're all going to live!!!!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The pitch to the actor was that neelix was supposed to be a han solo type of guy

Wound up being more of an Indiana Jone and not in a good way

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Neelix becomes a little more tolerable once Kes leaves the show. Sevens total distaste for him is fantastic.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hollismason posted:

Neelix becomes a little more tolerable once Kes leaves the show. Sevens total distaste for him is fantastic.

Which is funny as they kind of coparent Naomi Wildman to such a degree I assumed her mom was dead (she isn't!)

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Which is funny as they kind of coparent Naomi Wildman to such a degree I assumed her mom was dead (she isn't!)

you would think, but no she’s just really boring

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Naomi Wildman is in such a weird spot. There's no school for her. No other kids. The ship is short staffed so her mom has to work. What was her life like before she got old enough to reappear as a precocious little kid?

Her mom probably had to haul her around in a Baby Bjorn or something at work, right? Or leave her in a space car seat near her work station and hope no consoles exploded.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

GolfHole posted:

Riker already murdered them for no reason

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

there are more!!!!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Naomi Wildman is in such a weird spot. There's no school for her. No other kids. The ship is short staffed so her mom has to work. What was her life like before she got old enough to reappear as a precocious little kid?

Her mom probably had to haul her around in a Baby Bjorn or something at work, right? Or leave her in a space car seat near her work station and hope no consoles exploded.

Followed O'Brien's example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALFi3cO_Co

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
They had to get a few additional Naomis from other parallel universes in between episodes. There were some... accidents.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS: A Bajoran terrorist has somehow infiltrated the ops control relays. Station self destruct has been initiated. You have five minutes to remove the infant.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Face the space car seat away from the console. Also, a built in shield.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The holodeck is not too be used for a babysitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

[sobbing] Computer, end program "Bluey"!

UNABLE TO COMPLY

Computer turn on emotional safety protocols!

UNABLE TO COMPLY