Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

yeah, its like from asbury to seaside

except less of a war zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/1710821919417614610

As if you needed another reason to hate these fuckers.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

i wanna make it (wit chu)
emergency RWN episode is up, should be good

https://pca.st/episode/ad661e19-a571-4364-9e12-4805ecc7a7f9

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
imagine being mccarthy and knowing you could have dodged humiliation if this happened a few days earlier lol/ousting a few days later

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Once you realize who the Heats owner is, makes a ton of sense they would send out this statement.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the implicit thing you're going to see throughout western media coverage is that isrealis are Like Us because they have kosher mcdonalds and palestinians are Mud Hut People and they'll show pictures of some farmers shed and a crumbling roman wall as if that's where people sleep

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

mcmagic posted:

https://x.com/KillGoldfish/status/1663982854613909507?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Death By The Blues posted:

Once you realize who the Heats owner is, makes a ton of sense they would send out this statement.

Yeah he's an Israeli guy who owns the exploding toilet cruise line.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm behind by like a thousand posts what the gently caress happened in the last ten hours

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Al! posted:

the implicit thing you're going to see throughout western media coverage is that isrealis are Like Us because they have kosher mcdonalds and palestinians are Mud Hut People and they'll show pictures of some farmers shed and a crumbling roman wall as if that's where people sleep

I don’t think it really matters what the American media thinks on this issue. Not anymore anyway.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

Not historical but there is that much repeated story about the US War game where the general assigned to the insurgent side did a bunch of tricky stuff with low tech and they effectively won and then the game was stopped

The general involved here was cheating because he was mad at command. He claimed his bike messengers couldnt be intercepted, had 100% success rate, and also traveled at some absurd speed. His small boat flotilla carried bombs that weighed as much as the boats themselves and also couldnt be intercepted. The whole exercise was a farce and the only conclusion that can be drawn from it is that most US war game exercises are probably also farces but not quite funny enough to draw attention

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Free al saqr

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

titty_baby_ posted:

Not historical but there is that much repeated story about the US War game where the general assigned to the insurgent side did a bunch of tricky stuff with low tech and they effectively won and then the game was stopped

the story behind that is interesting because some of his tricky stuff was the equivalent of hacking himself a pistol that fired nukes, and some of his tricky stuff was "hey so what if I didn't just sit there politely and wait for you to kill me"

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Death By The Blues posted:

The Miami area (in particular, Aventura) is basically Israeli expatriate central. Only the gusanos outnumber them.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I don’t think it really matters what the American media thinks on this issue. Not anymore anyway.

yeah i don't think anyone should bother personally, but if you're going to get mad at jake tapper just understand that it's because he thinks that the Palestinians need to be "civilized" or whatever

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

She was in early BLM in St Louis which partnered with Palestinian activists. A few BLM activists made it to the West Bank on a fact finding trip, too.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm behind by like a thousand posts what the gently caress happened in the last ten hours

mostly just posting. the propaganda line out of israel is now "the palestinians are killing and raping our women, this is why we have to exterminate them all"

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

he paraglided into D&D

lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Rashida Tlaib has no tweets today which is interesting.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hamas launched a massive coordinated attack on Israel and, at the moment, appear to be winning. So far we've got some absolutely wild poo poo, like Hamas gliding into IDF bases and commandeering tanks, Israel retaliating by destroying whole apartment complexes, calls for the nuclear annihilation of what remains of Palestine, and some very mundane poo poo like the crying from liberals that Palestine was on the path to peace for real this time and should have just kept sitting in their prisons a little while longer and how violence is never the answer

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

paul_soccer12 posted:

Free al saqr

he should be given an aegis of protection on topics like this

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Yeah he's an Israeli guy who owns the exploding toilet cruise line.

is this the same one who used paramilitaries to break up strikes on his lovely cruise lines

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

hamas did kaizo style manuever on israel and its just the 1 up sound over and over and over

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

paul_soccer12 posted:

Free al saqr

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

hamas did kaizo style manuever on israel and its just the 1 up sound over and over and over

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nix Panicus posted:

Hamas launched a massive coordinated attack on Israel and, at the moment, appear to be winning. So far we've got some absolutely wild poo poo, like Hamas gliding into IDF bases and commandeering tanks, Israel retaliating by destroying whole apartment complexes, calls for the nuclear annihilation of what remains of Palestine, and some very mundane poo poo like the crying from liberals that Palestine was on the path to peace for real this time and should have just kept sitting in their prisons a little while longer and how violence is never the answer

Who was saying this? No one can be stupid enough to actually believe this.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
So is there any info on what Hamas’s tactical goals are here? Are they trying to actually take and hold any territory or crush a particular Israeli strategic asset?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

paul_soccer12 posted:

Free al saqr

They hate him because he's right

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

paul_soccer12 posted:

Free al saqr

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nix Panicus posted:

The general involved here was cheating because he was mad at command. He claimed his bike messengers couldnt be intercepted, had 100% success rate, and also traveled at some absurd speed. His small boat flotilla carried bombs that weighed as much as the boats themselves and also couldnt be intercepted. The whole exercise was a farce and the only conclusion that can be drawn from it is that most US war game exercises are probably also farces but not quite funny enough to draw attention

The USN side was also cheating because their forces were assumed to be using things that didn't exist yet, like laser cannons and railguns and ships that didn't disintegrate and an F-35 that could fly

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

mostly just posting. the propaganda line out of israel is now "the palestinians are killing and raping our women, this is why we have to exterminate them all"

Could just be that I don't look at the worst sites on the internet, but I've only seen female IDF soldiers and civilians treated well in the footage that came out today, other than those KIA.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Miami Heat stand with the people of Israel

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://twitter.com/Sprinter99800/status/1710637398718079355

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

galagazombie posted:

So is there any info on what Hamas’s tactical goals are here? Are they trying to actually take and hold any territory or crush a particular Israeli strategic asset?

nobody saw this coming

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i mean this sucks as an evaluation of the situation but it's good to see. it's got the key demand of ending US aid to Israel in it.

between now and the actual vote on more aid she's going to get a lot of pressure to cave though

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1710654061618372659?s=20

I'm so happy this loving loser lost to a senile corpse.

HallelujahLee posted:

sanders really is a sad loser what a pathetic embarrassment

bernie panders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

galagazombie posted:

nothing solid, but i'd personally bet their goal is to get Israel to send a ground force into Gaza where they can engage on favorable terms

if the Israelis are smart they'll limit their response to airstrikes, but gambling on a nightmare coalition of psychopathic right-wingers to act smart under pressure is a great way to lose money.

not the craziest idea I've ever heard, I guess