Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Pooky posted:

Cross-posting from the Palestine thread. I asked Oglethorpe for a source and they said it was on English Aljazeera. :shrug:

probably illumination rounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Yeah, probably just normal stuff aliens do

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i hadnt seen this orb before, featuring three retracting/revolving uh things, quite long vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x47doZ4flUo

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
flares from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPzVJN7Fo_Y

Zoobtro has issued a correction as of 00:46 on Oct 8, 2023

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

so that's the tower then, eh

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Just saw a birb. Will upload video later.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Sleekly posted:

i hadnt seen this orb before, featuring three retracting/revolving uh things, quite long vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x47doZ4flUo

Hell yeah

Source4Leko posted:

Just saw a birb. Will upload video later.

Hell fuckin' yeah

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

If you consider just how many of us in here have seen something versus the total thread population and extrapolate that, these things are incredibly common relative to what we typically think. Maybe we should do a poll or something to get some real numbers, but it seems like at least 50% of us have had an experience. Quite a few people who haven't have had their first just over the course of this thread.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
there's some selection bias to be controlled for (how many people who have never seen a bird click in here to post?) but yeah

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

those orbs are real and id like to fondle them with one hand

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Google Butt posted:

those orbs are real and id like to fondle them with one hand

I got you friend:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8rhBWrx/

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://imgur.com/a/9R2K5Vk

I've got a slightly longer version that doesn't show much else but would dox me to a totally insane person. Dark orb, multicolored lights, flying silently and outside the flight paths of all other airplanes around here. Police helicopters also 'fly' differently than it did. Started out below 4k altitude and I ended up losing it visually as it went too high. East SF Bay area. 5:50 this evening.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

holy mackerels

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Carp posted:

When I was young there came a time when other children started to form into groups and I felt it was wrong to exclude others, to behave differently towards one person than another. It seemed so basic. I was taught and nurtured to believe that one should treat others as they themselves would like to be treated - the Golden Rule. But then, in my early teens, my peers started to seek the attention of others. They were desperate for an identity, something that is them, something to build on, and the only way one can form is in the minds of those who are familiar. Groups started to form around me. But I didn't want to be in a group, I wanted to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. In my mind we were all part of a whole.

:same:

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I am seriousposting btw I shitpost a lot but this just happened to me lol.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Did it really just visually blip out of sight for you like it does in the video? The rest of it has my rational brain engaged but when it vanishes rational brain just silently screams until it comes back

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Source4Leko posted:

I've got a slightly longer version that doesn't show much else but would dox me to a totally insane person. Dark orb, multicolored lights, flying silently and outside the flight paths of all other airplanes around here. Police helicopters also 'fly' differently than it did. Started out below 4k altitude and I ended up losing it visually as it went too high. East SF Bay area. 5:50 this evening.

gently caress yeah homegrown bird content

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Did it really just visually blip out of sight for you like it does in the video? The rest of it has my rational brain engaged but when it vanishes rational brain just silently screams until it comes back

Yea kinda lol. I thought it was a plane at first, I'm in a valley so i thought it was lining up to come in to land extra long and low or something and I was catching the landing lights weird. but then it sorta flashed extra bright in a weird pattern and dissapeared for a second and came back clearly hovering and flashing in an odd pattern like later in the video and I was like ok not a plane. I tried taking some still shots that don't show poo poo and then switched to this.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

the weird slow strobe/rotation behavior is visually similar if not identical to a lot of previous videos. is that actually what it looked like or is that a shutter effect? dunno what it is but welcome to the club

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Source4Leko posted:

Yea kinda lol. I thought it was a plane at first, I'm in a valley so i thought it was lining up to come in to land extra long and low or something and I was catching the landing lights weird. but then it sorta flashed extra bright in a weird pattern and dissapeared for a second and came back clearly hovering and flashing in an odd pattern like later in the video and I was like ok not a plane. I tried taking some still shots that don't show poo poo and then switched to this.

how did u feel in the moment, and psychic connection to the pilot?

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The flashing and slow rotation is what it looked like to me, it's not a video artifact.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Google Butt posted:

how did u feel in the moment, and psychic connection to the pilot?

Ok so the literal best part is I ate shrooms a few hours earlier and was coming down lol. The reason there's no video at first is I was like poo poo I guess the visuals are back but just about this airplane maybe? It took me a solid minute to be like gently caress it film it maybe someone else thinks this is weird as poo poo too lol.
I feel pretty excellent but I've also had a strange few days anyway so I'm taking it easy at home now.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

sure looks like it changes orientation at the end there too, good poo poo + congrats on ur tic tac

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Slavvy posted:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Very interesting

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

very real

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Slavvy posted:

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yea watching it again when there's no video of it is because I can't see it to film it, not because I really lose it. It kinda just dissapears here and there like many other flashing birbs do you know lol.

Smekerman
Feb 3, 2001

OldAlias posted:

given the thread I don’t think it’s the riskiest thing to recommend either. I mean you’d prolly be better off going thru the gateway tapes if you’d previously experienced ego death imo tho I get the concern

I’ve experienced it multiple times and the times it was scary are when I was completely not expecting it, and hadn’t really experienced much of it before. one of the first times I remember was when I made the mistake of redosing on acid at midnight and smoking a bunch of weed, I remember my selfhood melting away and being among orbs in some 90s rear end visualizer plane, tho disassociation from K was way more jarring in suddenly experiencing the past and present simultaneously as I move through events in my life as if I were there and they were happening in the now, only to be jerked elsewhere. you sorta get used to how weird and alien it is tho

The first time I experienced ego death was from an unassuming joint someone had gifted me for watching their cat while they were away for a few days. This was in my early days when weed still had a mild hallucinatory effect on me, but I had gone through many previous weed trips with no issue and this started out in the same way. I put on some Turkish early classical music (because if you're gonna trip, why not do it in a classy way), and prepared myself. Unfortunately it got way too heavy, too quick, and I became nauseous. The Turkish scales started sounding oppressive and anxiety-inducing. I decided I'd had too much and crawled into bed and hoped I'd just be able to pass out and nap through it. I didn't. I started getting very strong closed eye visuals, images beamed straight into my mind from behind my eyes - images of childhood, people I'd met, random images throughout my life. It was intense but I didn't feel scared, just felt like I was in an emotional vortex, drowning in visual imagery from past experiences. It felt very nostalgic and warm, and I definitely remember tears streaming down my face as I was essentially confronted with everything that I'd experienced up until that point in my life. My sense of identity felt lost - somewhere in the back of my mind, I had this insistent notion that I'd have to wake up the next day and go back to work, and that felt like such an alien concept. Work? Who the gently caress was I, even? How could I work when I was experiencing this? The concept of "next day" seemed insane at the time - next day was tomorrow but here I was experiencing what felt like eternity, which stretched way past that timeframe. I eventually passed out and woke up the next day. My mind felt like a blank slate. Everything felt crisper.

I tried asking the person who gifted me the joint what was in it, but they took offense to that, assuring me it was only weed. Maybe it was. All I know is, that was the most intense trip I'd ever had in my life up to that point, and I'm pretty sure that experience changed me and molded into the person I am today. I didn't realize that at the time, of course. Just when looking back, I notice I can basically divide my life into pre-ego death trip and post-ego death. I'd been struggling with a lot of self-hatred before that trip, and it mostly went away afterwards. My anxiety is gone. My fear of death is gone. My mind is silent when I want it. Ego death worked out for me, but yeah, I can definitely see how it'd gently caress you up, especially if you tried to fight it. It could probably easily break your mind.

edit: also just wanted to say, this was an awesome reply. :same:

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Enlightenment includes the recognition that you do not have an identity, but that recognition would not be in itself sufficient for enlightenment.

To not have an identity means that you recognize you have no fixed identity nor is any identity that you recognize within yourself yourself as you actually are.

So you have here yourself as an observer, as a consciousness, a subjective experience. What point in the dissolution of your identity leads the observer to disappear? If you had no name you would still be. If you had no personality you would still be. If your personality changes you do not cease to exist. And your personality has changed, drastically, often, since obviously you are not yourself at age eight, eighteen, or twenty-eight. You are some other person now. Literally. So where was the self? It never was. It was illusory, merely the trapping of identifications in which you cloaked yourself to delineate yourself from the greater reality of which you are not separate. Take off the cloak and you still are, reality still is.

Smekerman has issued a correction as of 04:57 on Oct 8, 2023

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Source4Leko posted:

https://i.imgur.com/OBhRduv.mp4

that's a thing alright.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Source4Leko posted:

hell yeah

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Source4Leko posted:

blessed by orb

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i originally came here to make a stupid post but the new content rattled me somewhat so the stupid post will have to wait

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Just looked at the still photos I took, basically identical taken one after another, weird stuff is that it only shows up in one of them lol.

https://imgur.com/a/oxHF8CU

Source4Leko has issued a correction as of 07:12 on Oct 8, 2023

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

blatman posted:

i originally came here to make a stupid post but the new content rattled me somewhat so the stupid post will have to wait
:same::justpost::same:

I also found something shiny floating mysteriously in my area this last Thursday, and I managed to take a picture:

Greetings from Earth~

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Lux Anima posted:

:same::justpost::same:

I also found something shiny floating mysteriously in my area this last Thursday, and I managed to take a picture:

Greetings from Earth~

this owns lol

Carp
May 29, 2002

blatman posted:

this owns lol

Yeah, that's art.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

The Saucer Hovers posted:

ive never gotten there, and not for lack of trying. makes me wonder sometimes.

it's pretty cool. feels like forgetting who you are and just being no one for a while until you remember you're you.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Source4Leko posted:

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
OP consider submitting your bird sighting to nuforc