Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

1glitch0 posted:

Maybe it was a rib on Tony for having Edge's Dynamite debut be in a random backstage segment.

Seems a bit weird considering Edge debuted in the main event of the PPV a few days before and was in the main event of Dynamite that episode as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

apophenium posted:

Did Roman get hurt in that match or did he just have a lot of vacation days banked

It does look like he got hurt early in the match, but they still could have had him on the shows backstage

a.lo posted:

he wrestles 3 times a year like Brock

Yeah he'll probably end up with wrestling the Saudi show and Survivor series for like 8 PPV matches

DarkstarIV posted:

So the press conference is ongoing and uh...Iyo got asked probably one of the dumbest questions yet from these things.

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1710857103273771278

I like how Dakota, Bayley, and Iyo just completely short circuited because of how stupid the question was. Guy was from WrestlingNews.co apparently as well.

Surprised nobody posted the clips of Jey being on *something* and Cody trying to keep a straight face during their conference

https://x.com/patricktheheel/status/1710860326692946111?s=20

https://x.com/FAR_5222/status/1710860988294087050?s=20

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

jackofarcades posted:

It does look like he got hurt early in the match, but they still could have had him on the shows backstage

Yeah he'll probably end up with wrestling the Saudi show and Survivor series for like 8 PPV matches

Surprised nobody posted the clips of Jey being on *something* and Cody trying to keep a straight face during their conference

BEEN DRUNK SINCE

BOUT DAY ONE ISH

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

We're in the 3rd Inning of the Bloodline because Roman's been champion for 3 years and needs to be champion for 6 more years before he beats Bruno's record.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So I see WWE realized they couldn't do their default idea for tag team champions of "Just put it on the Usos for a year or two and we'll figure out what to do with them later" and went back to the old reliable "gently caress it put em on two random singles guys that were feuding, probably have them beat the few actual tag teams we have, and then one of them inevitably betrays the other for some reason"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I went to the show because I've never been to a PPVPLE and they never come through Indy. It was pretty fun live. The crowd was into most things. LA Knight is over as gently caress. Seth is very popular.

I had a good time even though the card wasn't kind of light. Much better than going to TV shows for sure.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DarkstarIV posted:

So the press conference is ongoing and uh...Iyo got asked probably one of the dumbest questions yet from these things.

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1710857103273771278

I like how Dakota, Bayley, and Iyo just completely short circuited because of how stupid the question was. Guy was from WrestlingNews.co apparently as well.

I hate this so much. What a loving dork.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Gonna get so much usage out of this

https://twitter.com/patricktheheel/status/1710850853081416039?t=Gkx1tP74Gm7Ilc5kqWUSIg&s=19

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

lol I thought you were joking.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

This is all I ever hear when I listen to WWE commentary.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fartslane

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

How was Nakamura and Rollins?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Congratulations to Cody Rhodes for finishing a story.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

BEEN DRUNK SINCE

BOUT DAY ONE ISH

Certainly not the last Fastlane Jey Uso will be speeding down tonight I'm sure.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
wwe confirms they will never, ever push shinsuke to the top of the card

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Typical, Cole just repeating what Vince tells him

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh that was Shane's douchebag kid? I wondered why they had a bunch of what I presumed were IU football players behind the commentators.

Tyrese Haliburton was sitting there too and he was into everything.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Erebus posted:

Typical, Cole just repeating what Vince tells him

hahahahaha

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Cody's a completionist so he's gotta finish all the side-stories before he gets back to the main quest.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Intruder posted:

wwe confirms they will never, ever push shinsuke to the top of the card

I'm not sure how much longer he's going, but I didn't have much hope that they'd put the belt on him considering he's 43, is a shell of his former self, and can barely speak English.

Open Marriage Night posted:

How was Nakamura and Rollins?

Divisive? I thought it was okay. Lots of people are mad that Shinsuke didn't win for whatever reason. Nakamura got most of the offense but Rollins one. There was one pretty bad spot where Nakamura threw him off a railing but you could clearly see Seth land on some padding.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

jackofarcades posted:

I'm not sure how much longer he's going, but I didn't have much hope that they'd put the belt on him considering he's 43, is a shell of his former self, and can barely speak English.

LA Knight turns 41 in a month :shrug:

I agree that the clock is running out on Shinsuke but this storyline seemed like it was built for him to become a megaheel instead he loses to Seth, acts cocky about it, then loses to Seth again

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Intruder posted:

LA Knight turns 41 in a month :shrug:

I agree that the clock is running out on Shinsuke but this storyline seemed like it was built for him to become a megaheel instead he loses to Seth, acts cocky about it, then loses to Seth again

Right, but LA Knight can talk. I also doubt he's winning a world title anytime soon, he'll probably top out by losing to Roman.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm glad Shinsuke's name isn't forever in the title lineage of the loser fuckface nerd championship. Seth can hold it forever.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
So what did Jade Cargill do on Fastlane, besides shaking hands with Triple H?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Isn't that enough?
She shook hands with Triple H for God's Sake.
No more rubbing elbows with billionaire money marks oh no, she's in the big leagues now.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ThePariah posted:

So what did Jade Cargill do on Fastlane, besides shaking hands with Triple H?

She showed off her Buck Rogers-rear end ring gear that she wore even though she never came near a ring.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Did he at least point to her?

igota75
Feb 9, 2006
hopeless in honolulu
Actually he mansplained at her

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she said 'im jade cargill, and im here to bash your brains out'

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

jackofarcades posted:

they are stoned as gently caress and its fantastic

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1710868443644182798

the NXT world domination map reversing and then unreversing

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

fatherofmustard posted:

Shane McMahon's oldest son was in attendance tonight

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1710844450736402922

Vince McMahon hates knees so much that he had his grandson raised to be a running back and sent him to play for a Big Ten jobber.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Spuckuk posted:

they are stoned as gently caress and its fantastic

The trick to making WWE watchable is to ensure everyone is blazed off their collective asses 24/7, performers included.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cabbit posted:

The trick to making WWE watchable is to ensure everyone is blazed off their collective asses 24/7, performers included.

TNA tried that with little success.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1710868443644182798

the NXT world domination map reversing and then unreversing

That's some smooth brained corporate speak right there, oof.

I had on Fastlane (vroooom vroooom) last night as background noise while I played some mindless Slay The Spire, and holy poo poo when did WWE start playing 20 minutes of sponsor commercials between every match during a PPV(PLE)? I noticed it was getting bad during this years 'Mania but this was egregious

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

super macho dude posted:

I had on Fastlane (vroooom vroooom) last night as background noise while I played some mindless Slay The Spire, and holy poo poo when did WWE start playing 20 minutes of sponsor commercials between every match during a PPV(PLE)? I noticed it was getting bad during this years 'Mania but this was egregious

I noticed that the few times they did this while I was watching last night, they made it sound like premium subscribers get informative video packages and scrubs get ads

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

super macho dude posted:

That's a Peacock thing for the ad-version. The non-ads get video packages.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I noticed that the few times they did this while I was watching last night, they made it sound like premium subscribers get informative video packages and scrubs get ads

This was the case during Wrestlemania as well, and it's only been getting worse since. Gross.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

Any time I've seen them, they're not informative, it's just "Here's a generic promo video about Brock Lesnar"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

They have been pretty good about catching up with the stories pre-match tbh, I only watch the occasional PPV and read here to stay up to date and they do a decent job.