Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cookie Cutter posted:

Where do I sign up for the Multidimensional unit?

we do not encourage suicide here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
IDF genociding Palestinians for 60 years: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!

IDF when Palestinians decide to fight back against the genocide: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

fizzy posted:

Bad news for 18 Israeli soldiers - They were killed in the war in the south

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/military-releases-names-of-18-more-soldiers-killed-in-battle-with-hamas/

Military releases names of 18 more soldiers killed in battle with Hamas
By Emanuel Fabian
2hr ago

The IDF releases names of 18 more soldiers killed in the war in the south:

Col. Roi Levy, 44, the commander of the Multidimensional Unit (Maglan), from Shavei Tzion

Lt. Col. Yonatan Tzur, 33, the commander of the Nahal Reconnaissance Battalion, from Kedumim

Maj. Avraham Hovlashvili , 26, an officer in Caracal, from Ashdod

Maj. Ido Yehoshua, 27, an Israeli Air Force instructor

Maj. (res.) Omri Michaeli, 35, a Duvdevan soldier, from Nes Tziona

Cpt. Arye Shlomo Tsering, 27, an Oketz officer, from Raanana

Lt. Shoham Tomer, 23, a Nahal officer, from Srigim

Lt. Itay Maor, 23, a Golani officer, from Rosh Haayin

Lt. Rom Shlomi, 23, a Shaldag officer, from Ganot

Sgt. First Class Vitaly Shipkevich, 21, an Egoz soldier, from Ariel

Staff Sgt. Ilay Gamzu, 20, a paratrooper, from Ashdod

Staff Sgt. Ohad Cohen, 20, a Shaldag soldier, from Idan

Sgt. Itay-El Marciano, 20, a paratrooper, from Shoham

Cpl. Itamar Ayish, 19, a Home Front Command soldier, from Kiryat Gat

Cpl. Ori Loker, 19, a Golani soldier, from Pardes Hana-Karkur

Cpl. Yaron Zahar, 19, a Golani soldier, from Kiryat Ata

Pvt. Ofir Davidian, 18, a logistics soldier in the Home Front Command, from Patish

Cpt. Tal Grushka, 25, a Nahal officer, from Kfar Saba

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

We need something like a drone buzzing over a Merkava.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Thai nationals caught in the crossfire - Two Thais are now known to have died during the Hamas attacks on Israel on Saturday, eight Thai people were injured and 11 Thais were captured.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/2659873/thai-death-toll-in-hamas-attack-on-israel-rises-to-2-11-detained

2 Thais killed, 8 injured, 11 kidnapped in Hamas attack on Israel
PUBLISHED : 8 Oct 2023 at 11:04
UPDATED : 8 Oct 2023 at 14:35 WRITER: Wassana Nanuam

Two Thais are now known to have died during the Hamas attacks on Israel on Saturday, the premier said after arriving in Hong Kong on Sunday afternoon.

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin said he had received a report from Pannabha Chandraramya, Thai ambassador to Tel Aviv, that one more Thai national had perished in the conflict, raising the toll to two.

The ambassador said people of many nationalities had been kidnapped by Hamas militants, and battles were continuing along the border of the Gaza Strip. Israel had reoccupied only two areas, but neither contained workplaces for Thais, she said.

Foreign Affairs Minister Parnpree Bahiddha-Nukara said eight Thai people were injured and 11 Thais were captured.

Of the eight injured Thais, five were admitted to hospital and three others were awaiting rescue, the minister said.

Earlier on Sunday, Mr Srettha said a Thai worker was killed and about 11 others were captured during the Hamas attacks, while a total sky lockdown was delaying evacuations.

Before his overseas trip set from Sunday to Thursday, Mr Srettha said at Wing 6 in Don Muang there was an unconfirmed report that one Thai was killed and about 11 others were detained in Israel. He had not been informed of the exact number of injured Thai people there.

The prime minister said he would use all available diplomatic means to have the Thai victims freed. "They are innocent and have nothing to do with any conflict," he said.

There had yet to be a confirmed report on the whereabouts of the affected Thais, and people in Israel were ordered to stay home during ongoing lockdown measures, Mr Srettha said.

The air force was readying transport aircraft for the evacuation of Thai people from Israel where "the situation remains of concern," he said.

He advised the Thai ambassador in Israel to keep the aircraft on standby near Israel for quick evacuation when it is possible. However, the Israeli sky remained completely closed, he said.

One flight could carry 423 people, the prime minister said. There were about 25,000 Thai workers in Israel and about 5,000 of them were in locked-down areas.

Mr Srettha excluded Deputy Foreign Minister Jakkapong Sangmanee from his trip delegation and ordered him to remain in the country to oversee operations concerning the situation in Israel.

During this trip Mr Srettha will visit Hong Kong, Brunei, Malaysia and Singapore.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i gotta say its funny seeing that the most vaunted of the us's vassals at least by the west's standards getting owned by dudes gliding and on motorcycles i guess it turns out that capitalism is hollowing out everyones military

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

In Training posted:

That map is astounding

Did Hamas advance more than Ukraine has this summer? I know they did relatively, but also that Gaza is a much smaller area overall.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for persons holding shares in companies listed on the Tel Aviv stock exchange - The TA-35 stock index of blue-chip companies falls 4.8%, the benchmark TA-125 index declines 5% and the TA-90 index, which tracks the shares with the highest capitalization not included in the TA-35 index, is down 5.8%.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/tel-aviv-stock-exchange-plunges-after-hamas-assault/

Tel Aviv Stock Exchange plunges after Hamas assault
By Sharon Wrobel
4hr ago

The Tel Aviv Stock Exchange plunges as investors brace for uncertain times on the day after an unprecedented surprise attack on Israel was launched from Gaza by the Hamas terror group.

The TA-35 stock index of blue-chip companies falls 4.8%, the benchmark TA-125 index declines 5% and the TA-90 index, which tracks the shares with the highest capitalization not included in the TA-35 index, is down 5.8%.

The TA-Bank index of the five largest banks slumps 6.3%.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for residents of Gaza - The UN agency for Palestinian Refugees, UNRWA, says over 20,000 people are sheltering in 44 of its schools around Gaza.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-october-8-2023/#liveblog-entry-3115935

UNRWA in Gaza says 20,000 Palestinians sheltering in its schools
By AP

The UN agency for Palestinian Refugees, UNRWA, says over 20,000 people are sheltering in 44 of its schools around Gaza.

“The number [of displaced] is rapidly increasing, “ says Inas Hamdan, acting public information officer in Gaza.

The agency said three of its schools suffered “collateral” damage from Israeli airstrikes. The agency also said its operations of nine water wells around the Gaza Strip were stopped early yesterday. Operations in three wells resumed today, said Hamdan. The agency’s food distribution centers, which provide for over 540,000 of Gaza residents, have been closed since yesterday.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh no
Number down

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Al-Saqr posted:

lol they killed a poo poo ton of high ranking officers incredible work by hamas

And it will still be called a terrorist attack despite surgical military precision taking out a bunch of top brass in actual infantry ground combat in less than two days

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

And it will still be called a terrorist attack despite surgical military precision taking out a bunch of top brass in actual infantry ground combat in less than two days

The civilised way to do this is to blow them up from a jet when they're hanging out at home, surrounded by civilians.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

GoLambo posted:

Maybe they need a show for the poor soldiers stuck on the front lines getting overrun. You know, so that their morale doesn't collapse before you lose the war you're trying to sell to the people back home.

Genuinely wishing the best for the IDF grunts thrust into this, in spite of how obviously justified it is. Just get the gently caress out with your life while you still can, this poo poo ain't worth it. Redemption and forgiveness is possible and so much better than dying for your garbage apartheid state.

Counterpoint:

Die with your boots on.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

I can't believe investors would abandon Israel like this

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

Did Hamas advance more than Ukraine has this summer? I know they did relatively, but also that Gaza is a much smaller area overall.

someone else will have to compute square kilometers, but a quick check with that map's scale indicates something like an advance of 22 kilometers from the border at Khan Yunis to Ofakim

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for the popular support rating of the Israeli government - Distraught family members say they’ve been abandoned by the government as they search for the mostly young people still missing after Hamas terrorists attacked party.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/relatives-of-dozens-killed-or-kidnapped-to-gaza-from-rave-nobody-is-helping-us/

Relatives of dozens killed or kidnapped to Gaza from rave: ‘Nobody is helping us’
By ToI Staff Today, 1:13 pm

Distraught family members were desperately looking for their relatives on Sunday after an unknown number of young Israelis were massacred or kidnapped to Gaza by Hamas terrorists, with many saying they felt abandoned by the government.

Thousands had attended the all-night rave Friday night near Kibbutz Re’im, close to the border, one of a number of sites attacked by terrorists who had infiltrated from the Gaza Strip in a devastating surprise assault.

Social media was filled with horrifying videos of men, women and children being carried into the Strip, many of them appearing to have been abused. There were also videos published of dead Israelis taken, including soldiers.

Many of the relatives said they felt abandoned by authorities, in an echo of the chilling whispered pleas from those who holed up in their homes on Saturday as terrorists roamed border communities near Gaza, slaughtering and kidnapping residents.

The Israel Defense Forces said it had established a situation room to focus on putting together accurate information regarding the Israeli hostages.

The head of the IDF Personnel Directorate, Maj. Gen. Yaniv Asor, appointed Lior Carmeli, a general in reserves, to head the team.

The IDF said the team will compile a “situational picture” for locating the captives, both soldiers and civilians, adding that “Some families have already received messages about their loved ones.”

Ora Kuperstein said her family was looking for her nephew, 21-year-old Bar, who was working at the party when he was kidnapped and taken to Gaza.

Kuperstein said that the family was desperate and not getting any help from the authorities.

“Nobody has told us anything. Nobody is helping us. It’s chaos,” she told Channel 12 news. “His parents know nothing.”

“We will fight a war for those who were taken. Israel needs to stand up and fight and get them out of there,” Kuperstein said.

“He worked [at the party] and arrived there on Friday evening,” she said. “From the videos we have seen he was next to the guards, who were the first to get shot.”

“He had no weapon, they took him with other young people,” Kuperstein said, adding that Bar had gone to work because he was one of five siblings and his father was disabled and he wanted to financially contribute to his family.

Channel 12 news reported Saturday that dozens of bodies were recovered from the scene.

The remains were taken for identification, and desperate parents were among those who lined up at the missing person’s center that was set up near Ben Gurion Airport on Saturday evening. Relatives were told to bring items such as toothbrushes that could contain DNA.

Family members also gathered at hospitals as they desperately searched for missing relatives.

A man who gave his name as Nissim told Channel 12 that he was searching for his brother, who had been at the party.

“Where is the government? Why is nobody helping us find them?” he shouted.

The man said that the last message he received from his brother was “Nissim, help us. They shot us. I am bleeding.”

During the interview, another desperate mother interjected that she was looking for her daughter Amit Buskila.

“We have no state. I have been looking for my daughter for 27 hours and nobody is helping us,” Alin Atias cried.

“There is no state, no government. They are not telling us anything. We don’t know what happened to her,” she said.

“I am now going to the scene to try to find her. Nobody is helping us,” she said. “Where is the government?”

“I beg the whole country. Help me find my daughter,” she cried.

She turned to the camera and issued a personal plea to the prime minister.

“Benjamin Netanyahu, I am begging you, send helicopters. Find her, I beg you, please,” she said.

Moshe Or told news outlets that he had identified his brother Avinatan, and Avinatan’s girlfriend Noa Argamani, in a video published on Telegram showing the two being led by terrorists to Gaza.

“I was worried and tried to call them, but his phone was not available and neither was hers. After a few hours, emergency services contacted us and told us that they saw a video of my brother and his girlfriend Noa taken hostage toward the Strip,” he said.

Argamani’s distraught father Ya’akov told Channel 12 that he was heartbroken by the video and praying for her safe return.

“I tried to contact her from the second we heard the [rocket] sirens,” he said.

“After about an hour, Avinatan said in a WhatsApp message that everything was fine and wrote, ‘I will contact you later,'” Argamani said.

“His answer didn’t seem right to me, why contact me later? So I decided that I would go to the hospital,” he said.

“I went to one of the offices and was informed that she was not injured. While on the phone, her roommate contacted us, and said that there was a video of her on a motorcycle and she was kidnapped and taken to Gaza,” Argamami said. “I had hoped that he was wrong, that it was not true, and then in the emergency room, a guy approached me and told me there was a video if I wanted to see her.”

“I asked to see and then I saw that it was definitely her. She was so scared, so frightened. I always protected her, and at this very moment I couldn’t,” he cried. “I pray that everyone will return.”

The mother of Shani Louk, a German citizen, issued a heartbroken plea for any information on her daughter, who has been identified in a video from the Gaza Strip.

“My daughter, Shani Nicole Louk, a German citizen, was kidnapped along with a group of tourists from Israel by the Palestinian Hamas,” her mother said, in German.

“They sent us a video where I was able to definitely identify our daughter, unconscious, as Palestinians were driving her to Gaza,” she said. “I’m asking for any help with any new piece of information that we can be sent.”

The short video ended with a photo of Louk’s German passport.

Hersh Goldberg-Polin, 23, hasn’t been heard from since 8:11 a.m. on Saturday, when he sent two messages to his parents: “I love you” and “I’m sorry.”

At the time, Goldberg-Polin’s parents, Jon Polin and Rachel Goldberg, didn’t understand the cryptic message.

They’d last seen Hersh the previous night, after he attended Simhat Torah holiday services with them at their local Jerusalem synagogue and then joined them for dinner with family friends.

“He had a backpack and left at around 11 to join his friend,” said Polin, who didn’t know anything specific about his son’s plans.

The family is religiously observant and doesn’t usually use phones on Shabbat, but after Polin came home early from synagogue Saturday morning, the two reached out to a good friend of their son’s who confirmed that Goldberg-Polin was at the party near Kibbutz Re’im.

Within several hours, photos of handwritten lists began circulating on social media with the names of party attendees and the locations where some had escaped to, Polin says.

“One list said Yishuv Saad, and his name was on that list, and then it was on the Ofakim list,” Polin says. “But he wasn’t at any of those places.”

Friends were at the couple’s home all day, calling and checking with people they knew in each location, but Goldberg-Polin and his friend haven’t been found anywhere. They called hospitals in the south, including Soroka and Barzilay, without any success.

A survivor of the massacre, named only as Liran, said the terrorists attacked the revelers as they tried to escape through an exit at the site.

“It happened in an instant,” she told the Ynet news site. “The terrorists arrived on the right side of the road and then got out of a large white vehicle, a type of van. They shot from close range, it was terrible.”

“Some got into the car like me and we started to drive like crazy. I can’t get in touch with many other people who were there. The families are trying to get to the site, it’s simply a nightmare.”

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Frosted Flake posted:

Counterpoint:

Die with your boots on.

Immortal glory for officers, a good pair of running shoes for everyone else

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cookie Cutter posted:

Where do I sign up for the Multidimensional unit?

Good news, it's a growth industry.

Bad news, I hope you like Deleuze

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i simply wouldn't hold a rave in a warzone

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

commander nimrod of the multi-dimensional unit

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

HallelujahLee posted:

i gotta say its funny seeing that the most vaunted of the us's vassals at least by the west's standards getting owned by dudes gliding and on motorcycles i guess it turns out that capitalism is hollowing out everyones military

Welcoming Capitalism to the resistance

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

Counterpoint:

Die with your boots on.

hmmmm

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

HallelujahLee posted:

It's almost like the US and it's puppets are just paper tigers that appear to have a big strong military but it's really just multi-trillion dollar grift schemes for private contractors and social welfare programs disguised for reactionary right wingers who hate welfare but depend on it to live.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Immortal glory for officers, a good pair of running shoes for everyone else

I'm okay with that compromise

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

commander nimrod of the multi-dimensional unit

Nimrod was a great hunter, though?! :confused:

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for the credibility of that apologist for Israel's atrocities in the D&D thread, the one who says the the "primary condition" for Israel taking its boot off Palestinians' necks "would have to be convincing the Israeli public that the main goal of the Palestinians isn't killing them all" and called the rave a "peace festival" - They are correct to say that if anyone now supports destructive military action in Gaza, it's because they were always a bigot thirsty for Palestinian blood.

fizzy has issued a correction as of 15:12 on Oct 8, 2023

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

It's almost like the US and it's puppets are just paper tigers that appear to have a big strong military but it's really just multi-trillion dollar grift schemes for private contractors and social welfare programs disguised for reactionary right wingers who hate welfare but depend on it to live.

its funny because the us military has literally no clue where the vast majority of their grift even goes

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Horseshoe theory posted:

wrong nimrod

COMMANDER nimrod

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 14:22 on Oct 8, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Marxozoic/status/1710986485309300927

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Horseshoe theory posted:

Exactly, that's why he was in the multidimensional unit.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Truga posted:

its so simple

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i heard there was pretty big rioting/fighting in the west bank is that still going on

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the west calls it a "peace festival".... the israeli media calls it a "rave".... but none have the courage to call it a superspreader event

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for the political career and/or ability to continue living of Israeli lawmaker Ofer Cassif - Ofer Cassif, a member of the Knesset and leftist Hadash coalition, said he warned the situation would “erupt” if the Israeli government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu did not change its policies towards Palestinians.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/8/israeli-lawmaker-blames-pogroms-against-palestinians-for-terrible-attacks

Israeli lawmaker blames pogroms against Palestinians for ‘terrible’ attacks
By Eliyahu Freedman
Published On 8 Oct 20238 Oct 2023

An Israeli lawmaker has told Al Jazeera that his party warned about events like Saturday’s Hamas attack on Israel if the country’s government continued its illegal occupation of Palestinian lands.

Hamas launched a multipronged assault at dawn on Saturday with thousands of rockets fired at Israel, and the Gaza-based group’s fighters infiltrating Israeli towns and illegal settlements.

The attack left at least 600 Israelis dead, including dozens of soldiers, with bodies strewn on roads. Meanwhile, at least 313 Palestinians have been killed and more than 1,700 others wounded in Israeli bombardments of the besieged Gaza enclave.

Ofer Cassif, a member of the Knesset and leftist Hadash coalition, said he warned the situation would “erupt” if the Israeli government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu did not change its policies towards Palestinians. Hadash has four seats in the 120-member Knesset.

“We condemn and oppose any assault on innocent civilians. But in contrast to the Israeli government that means that we oppose any assault on Palestinian civilians as well. We must analyse those terrible incidents [the attacks] in the right context – and that is the ongoing occupation,” Cassif said.

“We have been warning time and time again… everything is going to erupt and everybody is going to pay a price – mainly innocent civilians on both sides. And unfortunately, that is exactly what happened,” he said.

“The Israeli government, which is a fascist government, supports, encourages, and leads pogroms against the Palestinians. There is an ethnic cleansing going on. It was obvious the writing was on the wall, written in the blood of the Palestinians – and unfortunately now Israelis as well,” he added.

More than 20,000 Palestinians have left Gaza’s border region to head further inside the Hamas-controlled territory to seek refuge in UN schools, according to UNRWA, the United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees.

Previously, conflicts between Israel and Hamas resulted in extensive devastation in Gaza and days of rocket attacks on Israeli towns. The current escalation appears to be even more precarious than normal, as Israel’s far-right government grapples with the unprecedented security breach, while Palestinians are mired in despair due to the ongoing occupation in the West Bank and the suffocating blockade in Gaza.

“The only thing Netanyahu cares about is not the well-being of the citizens of Israel, let alone of Palestinians in the occupied territories,” Cassif said. “He is interested in surviving. He just wants to stay out of prison. That is the only motivation and incentive that drives [him].”

Netanyahu is facing numerous legal troubles at home with the country’s attorney general filing several charges against him, including fraud, breach of trust, and corruption. The Israeli leader has strongly denied the charges.

The latest escalation raises the prospect of a broader regional conflict. On Sunday, Hezbollah, a powerful armed group backed by Iran, said it had launched guided rockets and artillery onto three posts in Shebaa Farms “in solidarity” with the Palestinian people.

Shebaa Farms, which is claimed by Lebanon, was captured by Israel in the 1967 Six Day War.

The Israeli military said on Sunday it fired artillery into an area of Lebanon from where cross-border mortar fire was launched. Israel’s military said one of its drones struck a Hezbollah post in the area of Har Dov, an area in Shebaa Farms.

“I’m afraid that some of the elements like Hezbollah are going to join this war. I hope not, of course. Indeed, for the sake of all people, of all civilians, Palestinians and Israelis alike, I hope that that this is going to end as soon as possible,” Cassif said, adding that “the only way to stop the bloodshed of both peoples is to put an end to the occupation”.

On Sunday, an Egyptian policeman opened fire on tourists in the Mediterranean city of Alexandria, killing at least two Israeli nationals and one Egyptian, according to local media reports.

Extra News television channel, which has close ties to Egyptian security agencies, quoted an unidentified security official as saying that another person was wounded in the attack at an Israeli tour group in Pompey’s Pillar site in Alexandria.

“This morning during a visit of Israeli tourists in Alexandria, Egypt, a local opened fire at them, murdering two Israeli citizens and their Egyptian guide,” Israel’s foreign ministry said in a statement.

“In addition, there is a wounded Israeli in moderate condition,” the statement added.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Truga posted:

like it's so loving dumb that people can't (or won't) grasp the basic idea that all of that is occupied territory, so putting """civilians""" inside occupied territory assumes that you think so highly of yourselves that you believe the occupation is not going to be challenged

and if it's supposed to be "inhumane" for those people to get caught up in the fighting, those settlements are illegal under international humanitarian law in the first place

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

HallelujahLee posted:

its funny because the us military has literally no clue where the vast majority of their grift even goes

The F35 alone should be grounds for a bunch of people going to jail forever lmfao. We spent like 30 bazillion dollars for a plane that still doesn't work in a world where a loving commercial drone with a remote-actuated claw is more of a force multiplier than a column of tanks.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for proponents of mediation between Israel and Hamas - Israel’s ambassador to Turkey, Irit Lillian, says it is too early to talk about mediation offers between Israel and Hamas.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/8/israel-palestine-escalation-live-israeli-forces-bombard-gaza

Israel’s envoy to Turkey says too early to talk mediation
1h ago (12:07 GMT)

Israel’s ambassador to Turkey, Irit Lillian, says it is too early to talk about mediation offers between Israel and Hamas.

Lillian said the attacks in Israel showed that Hamas should not have any presence in Turkey or elsewhere.

In an online briefing with journalists after Turkey said it was in contact with all parties and stood ready to de-escalate, Lillian said Israel’s priority was its response to the attack.

“Mediation comes at a different point of time. Right now, we are unfortunately counting the dead, we are trying to heal the wounded, we don’t even know what is the number of the citizens abducted,” she said.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

those people to get caught up in the fighting, those settlements are illegal under international humanitarian law in the first place

this

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

quote:

According to Israeli analyst Seth Frantzman, the attack signified a notable escalation in the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas. It stood out for its substantial scale and reach, encompassing both rocket fire and border attacks in Gaza. This event marked a significant departure from prior conflicts, which typically followed a phased progression with a gradual escalation of tensions. It has been compared to the September 11 attacks and the Tet Offensive.

Goddamn lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Truga posted:

Darude vs. Goliath