Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

You really can't separate Zionism (the ideology to create a Jewish homeland) from the effects of the Holocaust.

While Zionism predates it, Zionism started as a national liberation project seeking to free the Jews from antisemitism especially in Russia and eastern Europe. I have old Russian Jews in my family that ran away to join the Zionist back in the 19teens.
The Holocaust gave Zionism the support and legitimacy it needed to finally pull the trigger.

However, what Zionism has become is merely another form of colonialism exploiting the outcry against antisemitism for legitimacy. It's a sad story about how capitalism co-ops and corrupts every movement it touches. If you want a case of a "successful" Zionist story, the autonomous Jewish oblast in the USSR managed to be a safe place for Jewish immigration without killing any Palestinians!

Stalin ftw.

Edit: as the usual, beaten by ff with a more comprehensive post.

Cpt_Obvious has issued a correction as of 16:29 on Oct 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Is speng an IK or a mod because they keep doing stuff outside the thread they are the IK for and I recall that when I was an IK the mods told me only to do stuff in the thread I was trained to.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Thoguh posted:

Is speng an IK or a mod because they keep doing stuff outside the thread they are the IK for and I recall that when I was an IK the mods told me only to do stuff in the thread I was trained to.

speng has the support of the people

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
strictly speaking British Zionist gave them the means, which they then turned around on the British troops in a guerrilla war lol

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Thoguh posted:

you can click on their profile and see they are the IK for all of CSPAM

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Thoguh posted:

speng is a cspam ik, op

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Thoguh posted:

i am a forums ik, which is basically mod powers without report queue and mod forum access

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Cpt_Obvious posted:

You really can't separate Zionism (the ideology to create a Jewish homeland) from the effects of the Holocaust.

While Zionism predates it, Zionism started as a national liberation project seeking to free the Jews from antisemitism especially in Russia and eastern Europe. I have old Russian Jews in my family that ran away to join the Zionist back in the 19teens.
The Holocaust gave Zionism the support and legitimacy it needed to finally pull the trigger.

However, what Zionism has become is merely another form of colonialism exploiting the outcry against antisemitism for legitimacy. It's a sad story about how capitalism co-ops and corrupts every movement it touches. If you want a case of a successful Zionist story, the autonomous Jewish oblast in the USSR managed to be a safe place for Jewish immigration without killing any Palestinians!

Stalin ftw.

Homeless Friend posted:

strictly speaking British Zionist gave them the means, which they then turned around on the British troops in a guerrilla war lol

the great tragedy of the early zionists is that the jews fleeing persecution in europe fled directly into the arms of british aristocrats who spent the leadup to the holocaust trying to convince literally hitler that deporting all the jews to the mandate of palestine was the best solution to the jewish question

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sancho Banana posted:

It's not THAT difficult to dodge the draft, and if you're afraid of getting disowned by your parents or something, it's also not that hard to avoid being a combatant and you have to TRY to be a serious intelligence guy or something. Just land one of those bureaucratic office jobs where you just make a bunch of bullshit phone calls and paperwork instead if actually meaningfully contributing and sit on your rear end until you're free.

A lot of Ukrainians practicing their conga skills in Russian minefields right now had a similar idea.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

fizzy posted:

Good news for people seeking information about oppressed minorities throughout human history - There have been plenty of minorities oppressed through out human history. Some of them did not stoop to the level of murdering even the dumbest and naive ravers.

good news for free riders who profit from the labor and fighting spirit of others. you can maintain your sense of moral superiority while being oppressed and genocided and there's a chance some enterprising peer of yours will murder the dumb and naive colonizing ravers on your behalf before you are slain yourself

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I think I have a solution to this conflict: Israel should stop being an apartheid state and stop committing genocide.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

speng31b posted:

i am a forums ik, which is basically mod powers without report queue and mod forum access

the only enviable star, great power and 0 responsibility

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

or at least that's how i treated it, which is why they don't let me have one for more than a couple of months at a time

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

nothing to add except
gently caress the idf
gently caress israel

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

FlapYoJacks posted:

I think I have a solution to this conflict: Israel should stop being an apartheid state and stop committing genocide.

Bold idea, but it just might work.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

there's still time for the west to prevent further bloodshed: encourage their ally, israel, to surrender as soon as possible

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

FlapYoJacks posted:

wow lets cool it on the antisemitism

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

just woke up and am disappointed israel exists still

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/beirutcalling/status/1711018889537003661?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

imagine being such a white devil you post poo poo like this and try to make your audience forget that in the only free and fair elections the palestinians were allowed to have in 2006 Hamas won it in a landslide and their reward for participating in the political process was the gaza siege and turning it into the concentration camp it is today.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

Israel is the size of New Hampshire. Move them to Arizona or the middle of New Mexico. A desert is a desert imho.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Israel is the size of New Hampshire. Move them to Arizona or the middle of New Mexico. A desert is a desert imho.

new hampshire is an elaborate fake

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

FlapYoJacks posted:

separating them from their families is cruel, just give them a return ticket to jersey and they can get a taxi back home

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

With climate change, just move them all to the melting arctic or antarctic.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Malleum posted:

separating them from their families is cruel, just give them a return ticket to jersey and they can get a taxi back home

:hmmyes:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

unfortunately ending apartheid and genocide doesn't count as legitimate if a foreign country would also like to see it happen

this is why every majority white nation on the planet is doing their part to legitimize the Palestinian cause

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
The western press is on a fast track from holocaust revisionism to holocaust endorsement.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Give tje Israeli government Utah and make the Mormons displaced peoples

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CLAM DOWN posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Atrocious Joe posted:

On Face the Nation the first question for Eric Adams is if he'll let the Palestine Solidarity rally happen today in NYC.

I thought about going to this but I think there is going to be violence.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

CLAM DOWN posted:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

The Cuban Foreign Ministry issued a statement expressing its concern over the escalation of violence between Israel and Palestine, a consequence of 75 years of permanent violation of the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people and Israel's aggressive and expansionist policy.

"Cuba demands a comprehensive, just and lasting solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, on the basis of the creation of two States, which would allow the Palestinian people to exercise their right to self-determination and to have an independent and sovereign State within the pre-1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital," the text adds.

It also calls for the United Nations Security Council to fulfill its mandate and put an end to the impunity of Israel, "the occupying power, of which the United States has historically been an accomplice, by repeatedly obstructing the action of the body, undermining peace, security and stability in the Middle East".

The communiqué of the Cuban Foreign Ministry concludes by calling for peace and the search for a solution through negotiation to avoid a further escalation of a conflict that has already cost the lives of tens of thousands of people.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

MonsieurChoc posted:

With climate change, just move them all to the melting arctic or antarctic.

The Yiddish Policeman's Union, 2nd Ed.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

HallelujahLee posted:

The Cuban Foreign Ministry issued a statement expressing its concern over the escalation of violence between Israel and Palestine, a consequence of 75 years of permanent violation of the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people and Israel's aggressive and expansionist policy.

"Cuba demands a comprehensive, just and lasting solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, on the basis of the creation of two States, which would allow the Palestinian people to exercise their right to self-determination and to have an independent and sovereign State within the pre-1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital," the text adds.

It also calls for the United Nations Security Council to fulfill its mandate and put an end to the impunity of Israel, "the occupying power, of which the United States has historically been an accomplice, by repeatedly obstructing the action of the body, undermining peace, security and stability in the Middle East".

The communiqué of the Cuban Foreign Ministry concludes by calling for peace and the search for a solution through negotiation to avoid a further escalation of a conflict that has already cost the lives of tens of thousands of people.

useless statement tbh, rare Cuban L

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

FlapYoJacks posted:

p sure antarctica is the only land without a people for a people without a land

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Malleum posted:

the great tragedy of the early zionists is that the jews fleeing persecution in europe fled directly into the arms of british aristocrats who spent the leadup to the holocaust trying to convince literally hitler that deporting all the jews to the mandate of palestine was the best solution to the jewish question

After Holocaust survivors arrived in Israel they were mocked by Zionists for being weak

quote:

Zelinger's experience was not unique. More than two-thirds of the Holocaust survivors eventually came to Israel, and today there are an estimated 300,000 living here. They were scorned and laughed at on their arrival, seen as weak victims at a time when the state was being led by domineering fighters.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...8-f7387e291335/

I don't have sources right now but I'm pretty sure the reason so many Jewish survivors were sent to Israel is because other places people wanted to go like the US were anti-Semitic and wouldn't take them

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

captainbananas posted:

The Yiddish Policeman's Union, 2nd Ed.

Lol I was thinking of this.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/08/nikki-haley-israel-attack-border-invasion-00120516

I can't parse this but I think haley is saying Iran and Mexico did 9/11

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
pluto books with the hot scoops

https://twitter.com/plutopress/status/1711016803210567864?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

John Charity Spring posted:

useless statement tbh, rare Cuban L