Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I wonder if the WHM slush fund would cover a trip to Scotland to stay in Shrek's swamp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
This month we gonna get BUSHWACKED all over our face

Episode 699 – Exorcist: The Beginning

Episode 700 – Bushwhacked

Episode 701– Pumpkinhead

Episode 702 – The Purge

Episode 703 – The Devil’s Rain

Patreon Episodes:

We Love Movies – The Exorcist

Animation Damnation: South Park: “Korn’s Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery” (s3,e10)

The Nexus: TOS: “The Lights of Zetar” (s3, e18) TNG: “Brothers”(s4,e4)

Gleep Glossary: Gethzerion

MelR0210: 90210“Sex, Lies, and Volleyball/Photo Fini” (s3, e4), Melrose Place: “The Young Men and the Sea” (s2, e19)

Once in a Lifetime: Killer Under the Bed (2018)

3rd Quarter Synchable Commentary: Society

admataY fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 29, 2023

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I see Bushwhacked is why the Spooktacular started early this year.

I'm not much of a horror guy, so I've never heard of the Devil's Rain.

Excited as always.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I'm not really a horror person so is the societymentary gonna freak me out real bad or is it more mild. Like I've never seen a saw movie and have zero desire to see them.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Society is loving WILD.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Arson Daily posted:

I'm not really a horror person so is the societymentary gonna freak me out real bad or is it more mild. Like I've never seen a saw movie and have zero desire to see them.

It's not super spooky or realistically gory, but it is laughably over-the-top gross

Like, Cronenberg-adjacent slimy goop time

edit: it's really hard get into specifics without spoiling it

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 30, 2023

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Arson Daily posted:

shunt with us brother

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Arson Daily posted:

It’s a silly whodunnit for like the first portion then it gets bonkers in a so gross it’s funny way. Very enjoyable and a good romp for a crowd to watch.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

DoombatINC posted:

It's not super spooky or realistically gory, but it is laughably over-the-top gross

Ok sold!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Fezz posted:

I'm not much of a horror guy, so I've never heard of the Devil's Rain.

It's got William Shatner escaping a satanic cult led by Ernest Borgnine and John Travolta in a very brief role as one of the cultists at the end.

The end involves the titular rain and is goopy, but nowhere near the level of Society.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SilentChaz posted:

It's got William Shatner escaping a satanic cult led by Ernest Borgnine and John Travolta in a very brief role as one of the cultists at the end.

I assume the movie's language is English not Esperanto?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

I assume the movie's language is English not Esperanto?

Correct, this is not Incubus.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
What an excellent day for an Exorcism.

Always love the October month and the Halloween intro.

The guys seem to be back on their lately after some hit or miss episodes.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Bushwhacked? Like, the Daniel Stern scout leader movie? Spooktacular?

I've never seen it, but it didn't seen like a horror movie.

edit:

Fezz posted:

I see Bushwhacked is why the Spooktacular started early this year.

Oh I haven't listened to the Saw V episode yet. Do they mention switching things out?

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 2, 2023

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

thrawn527 posted:

edit:

Oh I haven't listened to the Saw V episode yet. Do they mention switching things out?

They're doing something special for the 700th episode.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

edit:

Bushwacked is a movie they've talked about doing more than once. According to the wiki it came up in the ep on Rookie of the Year (369), but I could swear it also came up in any episode where they covered a Daniel Stern movie.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SilentChaz posted:

Bushwacked is a movie they've talked about doing more than once. According to the wiki it came up in the ep on Rookie of the Year (369), but I could swear it also came up in any episode where they covered a Daniel Stern movie.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it gets offhand mentions any time Daniel Stern is involved with a movie they're covering.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Angry_Ed posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it gets offhand mentions any time Daniel Stern is involved with a movie they're covering.

Chudmentary iirc

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

quote:

Beloved Patrons,

You get to to hear it first! We’ll be doing a FULL LENGTH EPISODE on Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter on Thursday, October 26th! This is going to be a kick-rear end streaming experience wherein you get to watch us do a FULL Episode on one of the best movies in the Friday the 13th Franchise!

This is the one where Corey Feldman saves the day, Crispin Glover can’t find the goddamn CORKSCRAWRHH, and yes this is the one where multiple teens get hucked through multiple windows! We’re going to have a total blast on Thursday, October 26th at 9pm Eastern Standard Time talking all sorts of trash about this flick and you get to watch along from your home via you’re the internet! Can’t watch the show Live on Thursday the 26th at 9pm? Don’t worry! It’ll be available for 7 full days after it originally airs to give any of you folks who are just too busy to catch up!

You want to get your tickets for this NOW folks because there is early bird and tiered pricing going on! Between now and end of day October the 4th, you can snag tix for the Early Bird of $10.00 a ticket! If you miss that you can still get cheaper tickets BEFORE the day of the show, they’re only $12.00 a piece! On the Day of the show it’ll be the full price of $15.00!

Also, you down for an afterparty with Andrew, Chris, Eric, and Stephen? Of you course you are because it’s not as seedy as it sound!. Right after the broadcast of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, we’ll all be hopping back on to an exclusive room for a Live Q & A! We’ve done these before and they are so much fun! You do not want to miss it! Best part? It’s only $5.00 more! All tickets are available at MOMENT.CO/WEHATEMOVIES or WHMPODCAST.COM/Tour!

So, there you have it! On October The 26th at 9pm EST, We Hate Movies is going to be streaming a live episode on Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter followed immediately by a Q & A Session for those with those sick sick afterparty tix! This show will be available for seven days and then it’s gone! Come watch us make jokes about Jason, New Jersey, and a whole lotta dead kids! You do not want to miss this Worldwide Digital Experience! Go to Moment.CO/WEHATEMOVIES now to get those TIX!!!!!

http://moment.co/wehatemovies

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I could not have signed up any faster once I got the email

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I don't think I can listen to any more of the Saw episodes. The combination of each one largely consisting of essentially the same trap sequence, insisting on flashing all through time, timelines intersecting and backtracking like an increasingly spastic scribble, spending the entire movie building to an end that is basically just the beginning of the next movie, and absolutely no real characters other than Jigsaw just makes the listen more nonsensical with each episode. The only thing that in any way stays in my brain for any length of time is their Jigsaw tangent jokes.

It's like the podcast equivalent of that one old Italian song that's all giberish but sounds like it's in English.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I feel similarly though them usually being once a year is ok, 4 and 5 being so close since 4 was a live show was a lot.

Dogsaw rules though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Yeah, Dogsaw was great. If the Saw episodes were just collections of Jigsaw voiced riffs they'd be gold.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
As someone who enjoys trash from time to time, i like the Saw movies.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

I like the Saw movies, too, and find that they work best if you bingewatch them like a TV series. Even if the clusterfuck of parts of 3, 4 and 5 occurring at the same time makes it a little difficult to keep track. :v:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Saw is at its best when it knows what it is instead of deep diving into its stupid world building. Especially because, like the gang states, most of the world is puke tinted warehouses.

I have a feeling I’m going to like Sawx

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Can you image giving a gently caress if the timeline of Saw makes any sense?

Pretty much every horror franchise has a stupid timeline if you think about, Saw just leaned into it, and it's funny as hell.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yeah but the F13 stupidpants timeline isn’t constantly flashing back to how in Part 3 (which actually took place between Part 5 and half of Part 2) Jason built his shack.

Just kill people and stop trying to be clever. We all know why we’re here.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Maybe that's why Friday the 13th has been dead for 14 years now.

:smith:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jason set traps in the remake he’s basically Jaysaw.

“You had premarital sex without protection, Kelsey. Do you truly value the life you’ve been given?”

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

SilentChaz posted:

I like the Saw movies, too, and find that they work best if you bingewatch them like a TV series. Even if the clusterfuck of parts of 3, 4 and 5 occurring at the same time makes it a little difficult to keep track. :v:

I've been punishing myself and have watched the first 8 movies in the last week. 3-6 really do blend together. Even watching them recently, I have a hard time remembering what happens in which one.

The problem comes from them killing Jigsaw in Saw 3 and them being unable or unwilling to find a comparable replacement. So you have to keep finding ways to shoehorn Tobin Bell into the story.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Why not say he faked his death? Will anyone actually care? It has to be better than the weird way they're mushing him into the timeline of the earlier movies. Or introduce a long lost son, a Jigson, if you will.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Which episode do they discuss Dead Zone? I don't think there's a dead zone episode but im old and listened to hundreds of them over the years. Help

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Firstborn posted:

Which episode do they discuss Dead Zone? I don't think there's a dead zone episode but im old and listened to hundreds of them over the years. Help

I checked the wiki and there's no Dead Zone episode. They talk about "Dead Zoning all orphans" in the ep on Orphan.

Could have also come up in one of the eps where they did Christopher Walken impressions:

It's a Wonderful Life
Batman Returns
The Prophecy
Animation Damnation 79: Garfield & Friends
Dunston Checks In
Forrest Gump
Rookie of the Year
Serenity (2019)
The Stepford Wives (2004)
America's Sweethearts

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Surprised we haven't gotten a "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead" episode

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

I will say the ad placement in the Bushwacked episode is better, in that it doesn't happen mid-sentence.

Even if one of them for me was for hearing aids from a local pharmacy chain. :corsair:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

triumphant return of dick beer

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

SilentChaz posted:

I checked the wiki and there's no Dead Zone episode... (cont)

Thanks! I just remember Steve doing a few "THE ICE . . . IS GONNA BR E AK."

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Fezz posted:

Why not say he faked his death? Will anyone actually care? It has to be better than the weird way they're mushing him into the timeline of the earlier movies. Or introduce a long lost son, a Jigson, if you will.

He had his head cut open in a dirty basement, his throat cut open by an electric handsaw and then he was very graphically autopsied. It would have been hard to retcon that.

They've tried a few successors (Hoffman, Amanda..). I think the best option is Cary Elwes. In his last appearance he was chewing the scenery and had a great evil villain vibe, but they (or he) don't want him for this, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I think I’m going to be requesting Sorcerer for the foreseeable future of Listener Request Month.

Yes I did just see it for the first time in theaters.