Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/policytensor/status/1710957381843116209

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like somewhere there's a fat white man getting rich off connecting AI and india's tech support infrastructure with imperial money faucet

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i think that some of the outright terror attacks (notably the one on that stupid rave and shelter shootings), while i imagine they were useful in terms of creating chaos behind the lines, were distasteful and probably not really necessary.

still, it boggles the mind that a militant organisation can put something like this together under probably the strictest surveillance regime in the world in the year of our lord 2023. hamas got really good at this poo poo at some point

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i think itd be cool and fair if israel surrendered to hamas

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I assume stuff like that happens on an individual level rather than a larger plan of "right, it's of utmost importance that nobody in this border rave survives."

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

praying for a peaceful outcome to this war (israel surrenders)

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

V. Illych L. posted:

i think that some of the outright terror attacks (notably the one on that stupid rave and shelter shootings), while i imagine they were useful in terms of creating chaos behind the lines, were distasteful and probably not really necessary.

still, it boggles the mind that a militant organisation can put something like this together under probably the strictest surveillance regime in the world in the year of our lord 2023. hamas got really good at this poo poo at some point

syq

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

i think that some of the outright terror attacks were distasteful and probably not really necessary.

you think?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

V. Illych L. posted:

if the china thread is to be believed, this vaunted security apparatus doesn’t include chinese made apps and devices. to which I say lol, lmao

edit: gently caress!

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Al! posted:

and its just the right thing to do

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
imo, war should be like a dinner party

Morbus
May 18, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

if israel is having this difficulty with a much smaller hamas force imagine hezbollah

sounds to me like now's the time for them to get off their asses instead of hootin' and hollerin' from the sidelines

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

bad news for 29 Israeli soldiers as they woke up this morning to find themselves dead.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

prolonged oppressed populations are the most innovative because they have to be to survive

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

tbh it'd be fair and cool if israel made any sort of effort at adhering to the peace deal they signed and ratified. not doing so and preferring to rule via compradors and terror naturally leads to a certain level of resentment among the object population. the palestinians in gaza tried the whole non-violence thing and it very clearly didn't work - the next step is bloodshed of this kind. a conflict gets as brutal as the parties make it, and israel's policy has been clearly assuming that they could simply prevent something like this from happening through simple violence. not good!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thinking about in world war z how the israeli government invited all the palestinians into israel to save them from the zombies for some reason lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

planning my military strikes on honkai star rail

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/GeromanAT/status/1711093205653966861

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

thinking about in world war z how the israeli government invited all the palestinians into israel to save them from the zombies for some reason lol

in the movie the immigrants are the reason the zombies get inside

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

From the Independent live feed 20 min ago, the British press is still the worst

Starmer denounces attack on Israel while Corbyn resists Hamas condemnation

Sir Keir Starmer clearly labelled Hamas’s deadly assault on Israel a “terrorist attack”, in contrast to Jeremy Corbyn who resisted directly condemning the militant group.

The Labour leader said on Sunday that there can be “no justification” for the operation and said he spoke to the leader of the Israeli Labour Party, Merav Michaeli, on Saturday night.

“As we were on the phone the siren went off and she had to go down into her shelter taking her papers with her,” he said. “So it’s an appalling act of terrorism, it needs to be called out across the world.”

His predecessor said he does not “support any attacks”, but sought to avoid directly criticising Hamas while being questioned in Liverpool, where Mr Corbyn is attending a left-wing political festival instead of the Labour conference.

In a tetchy exchange with journalists on the way to one event, Mr Corbyn said he wants “peace, a ceasefire and a process that ends the Israeli occupation of Palestine”.

“I don’t support any attacks, therefore I criticise them all,” he said, after being repeatedly asked whether he would condemn Hamas, having not been clear about his position on the group.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

excuse me that was a well researched book that looked at the Geo politico situation at the time and extrapolated forward

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

tbh it'd be fair and cool if israel made any sort of effort at adhering to the peace deal they signed and ratified. not doing so and preferring to rule via compradors and terror naturally leads to a certain level of resentment among the object population. the palestinians in gaza tried the whole non-violence thing and it very clearly didn't work - the next step is bloodshed of this kind. a conflict gets as brutal as the parties make it, and israel's policy has been clearly assuming that they could simply prevent something like this from happening through simple violence. not good!

israel is a theocratic ethnostate that manages race relations via a system very similar to apartheid in south africa. i oppose it continuing to exist as constituted but i have no say in the matter

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Al! posted:

how many hardliners would it take to execute the Samson option? it can’t be many

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

drat how expensive were those Bruno Mars tickets

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
as far as jewish dudes grappling with their connection to israel "wrote fanfic about how this lovely country becomes a decent one" is probably way down on the bottom of lovely moves

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Al! posted:

israel is a theocratic ethnostate that manages race relations via a system very similar to apartheid in south africa. i oppose it continuing to exist as constituted but i have no say in the matter

yeah, it's clear that the institutions of an apartheid state will resist any steps towards an actual peace. i'm just saying that the bar is much, much lower than "surrender"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

smoobles posted:

drat how expensive were those Bruno Mars tickets

Lmfao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

That book had some insane politics

The South Africa stuff was even worse

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Lpzie posted:

excuse me that was a well researched book that looked at the Geo politico situation at the time and extrapolated forward

that book sucked and i just discovered that dude is a nepo baby. shoulda made the My Tank Is Fight movie instead

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

it's been a rough week. I'm going out for a hike, I'll be back in 3 or 4 hours or so. by the time I get back I expect israel to have been dismantled and the least reactionary israels to have been peacefully integrated into new palestine. I also expect the u.s. to have had all its nukes confiscated by the reasonable and peace loving countries of the world

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The Voice of Labor posted:

it's been a rough week. I'm going out for a hike, I'll be back in 3 or 4 hours or so. by the time I get back I expect israel to have been dismantled and the least reactionary israels to have been peacefully integrated into new palestine. I also expect the u.s. to have had all its nukes confiscated by the reasonable and peace loving countries of the world

thank you

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Muskeh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

Didn't Israel end up with a ton of covid vaccines they couldn't get anyone to take while the Palestinians had none? I can only assume they handed them over in a gesture of goodwill. Not looking into this further.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/IsraelWarRoom/status/1711098245156368754
https://twitter.com/Rover829/status/1711101304225833059
oh drat, if true that's more than I thought

Pooky has issued a correction as of 20:41 on Oct 8, 2023

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Looking into this

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1711097053260972415

"American officials estimate: the ground operation in the Gaza Strip will begin in the next 24-48 hours"

Morbus
May 18, 2004

netizen posted:

I have the novel he wrote but I haven't read it yet. It's a sci-fi story about a guy who creates a wormhole into a post-capitalist society.

huh cool i didn't realize he wrote that one

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

interesting.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
God is greater than whatever these devils are planning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

genericnick posted:

Didn't Israel end up with a ton of covid vaccines they couldn't get anyone to take while the Palestinians had none? I can only assume they handed them over in a gesture of goodwill. Not looking into this further.

that they didnt give away those vaccines should be enough proof that the shot works and isnt a secret sterility plague lol