Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Democratic in the same way the printing press was, yes. Anyone who could afford a trouser press and a bunch of lead letters could knock out whatever they pleased, which led to an explosion of public knowledge and literacy, but also a bunch of shitheads with hot ideas about what the Jews were up to getting a wide audience.

Material Conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
What is the appropriate coloured lighting for this specific scenario?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

kingturnip posted:

That scene in The Matrix where Neo meets Trinity in the night club.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

kingturnip posted:

Youtuber bisexual neon.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

kingturnip posted:

Green, White and Red

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
If I was a horrible bully who regularly swears at my underlings (which is everyone)(and I do) and I had the backing of the black magic intelligence services I'd probably release an ai audio clip of me swearing at people just so any future releases would be discounted

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Youtuber bisexual neon.

Closely related, the vaporwave colours:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BruceReuters/status/1711098478636466245

quote:

Deepfake videos of Sir Keir Starmer have been posted on the first day of Labour Party conference in a move that underlines the threat posed by deepfake technology and AI in UK politics.

The fake video of the Labour leader emerged on X, formerly known as Twitter, on Sunday morning as senior figures and party activists gathered in Liverpool.

The first fake audio, posted by an account with less than 3,000 followers, purports to capture the Labour leader abusing party staffers - but the audio is not real and the incident did not happen.

The second makes out that Sir Keir is criticising the city of Liverpool.

https://twitter.com/leo_hutz/status/1711047416923701693

:allears:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

i'm sure that'll go down well in Belfast, Derry, Glasgow...

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
lol keith you utter oval office

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

God bless El Borto

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I feel like I say this at least once every iteration of the thread but Arsenal Gear was right.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Holy poo poo!

https://twitter.com/MBas1999/status/1711054502747369968

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Memes, the DNA of the soul.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/leo_hutz/status/1711071346266923291

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AI abuse: making politicians look like dickheads
Not AI abuse: using it to kill people by replacing medical care with it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Excited for the "Saddam has a missile that can hit Pinner and Hillingdon in 20 minutes and it will be ready by Thursday" people to tell me about which conspiracy theories are to be avoided.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Doing weird David Kelly murder nonsense undermines the fact he committed suicide cos some government cunts had no humanity

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://x.com/bartlebooth45/status/1711125565082665392?s=20

Yeah sometimes its good to look back and see just how far that Overton Window can slide in a few years

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

An epic day of trolling by the Shitpost Left. I’ll tell my grandchildren I was there fighting alongside El Borto

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://x.com/bartlebooth45/status/1711125565082665392?s=20

Yeah sometimes its good to look back and see just how far that Overton Window can slide in a few years

Voting in Ken Starmer will lock that in, it will move the right even further with the new space allowed to them

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Adult human pee, male.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

If they're covering the urinals then what's to say the ladies aren't just splashing the floor

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

They don't just need hypothetical genital inspectors, now they will need piss sniffers too

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Retrain AI Starmer to tell instantly if the piss is male.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

They don't just need hypothetical genital inspectors, now they will need piss sniffers too
They seem like the sort to carry around pH test strips and make broad judgments about the nature of piss from that. It's basic biology.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Guavanaut posted:

Adult human pee, male.

Piss, adult male, hot.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Guavanaut posted:

Adult human pee, male.

for sale male pee: never pissed

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
horses piss, men pee, but ladies merely glow

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jesus gently caress, YouTube just showed me an ad from the Israeli government that literally just says WE ARE UNDER ATTACK AND WE WILL MAKE THEM PAY.

God just gently caress off.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

How are we supposed to mark our territory if we can't piss on the floor

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tigey posted:

How are we supposed to mark our territory if we can't piss on the floor

Flegs

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It looks as though enough people mass reported that community note stating the recording being fake. The trolling continues

https://twitter.com/chai_ste/status/1711136147684970958

:toot:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Minister for Online Safety all "I thought this was going to be a cushy role"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/leo_hutz/status/1711160535461335127

:allears:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 9, 2023

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its not really a material victory in any sense but it is very funny. Definitely up there with running with a meme so hard that Jo Swinson was forced to deny on radio that she has a powerful bloodlust for squirrels.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I don't think anyone is going to see any significant material victories for a good while, due to our unstoppable rollercoaster to fascism, so I think mining the dystopia for lols is all we've got left. The person behind El Borto has been really inspiring. He also pretended to be one of the actors at the Les Mis JSO protest the other day and had one of his tweets read on air.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 9, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gorn Myson posted:

Its not really a material victory in any sense but it is very funny. Definitely up there with running with a meme so hard that Jo Swinson was forced to deny on radio that she has a powerful bloodlust for squirrels.

God that was good

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Never forget

https://twitter.com/ITVNewsPolitics/status/1196819593949564928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

fuctifino posted:

I don't think anyone is going to see any significant material victories for a good while, due to our unstoppable rollercoaster to fascism, so I think mining the dystopia for lols is all we've got left. The person behind El Borto has been really inspiring. He also pretended to be one of the actors at the Les Mis JSO protest the other day and had one of his tweets read on air.

The good news about our lovely 24/7 news cycle combined with lazy journalism is that any old nonsense can be thrown in. Nobody knows what's going on, there's no time to research it, and it'll all be forgotten by tomorrow anyway so have at it.