Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

It's set in the same world, the plants looking the same makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Will be fun if the chocolatier is one of the people who's using some of the food produced by the Stardew Valley farm. For the first year you have access to all sorts of great veggies and fruit, and then for some reason your supplier sends nothing but Starfruit wine.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Omnicarus posted:

It's set in the same world, the plants looking the same makes sense.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
should reuse more assets, leaves more dev times for the things that matter

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Complaining about asset reuse for a small dev team that continually provides fantastic work while the main selling point of the 52nd Call of Duty made with the exact same assets as last years $60 game is that it still has the same maps as the 43rd call of duty

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pointing something obvious out isn’t complaining.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
they need to reuse all the assets by letting me revisit the valley for whatever reason

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

World Famous W posted:

they need to reuse all the assets by letting me revisit the valley for whatever reason

endgame of Haunted Chocolatier is like endgame of Pokemon Gold/Silver, who says no?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

You return to the valley but the twist is Joja Ending! All houses are Joja warehouses and Morris is married to your favorite spouse

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGpe91L11Mw

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

If you put your Stardew Valley cart in the GBA slot while playing Haunted Chocolatier on your DS, Hot Local Singles from Stardew Valley will visit the city.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pretty mermaid statues.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
You return to Stardew Valley but find it abandoned, all the residents long since gone. Ancient fruit plants sprout from the overgrown ruins, choking out all other flora. In the west, smoke rises from an eerie glow. You approach only to find the walls of a massive fortress, its iron door barred fast. Every ten minutes, a cart filled to the brim with ancient wine and truffle oil emerges.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
willy wonka and the ancient fruit wine factory

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My main wishlist for them to add to Stardew is to add nuclear bombs. It's supposed to be a cozy game but how can I feel safe if I'm left powerless against any other farm who gets a nuke?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Khanstant posted:

My main wishlist for them to add to Stardew is to add nuclear bombs. It's supposed to be a cozy game but how can I feel safe if I'm left powerless against any other farm who gets a nuke?

Crafting requirements: 5 iron bars, 5 iridium bars, 500,000 radioactive ore.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1711776327341334685

uhhh yep

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’d go in a heartbeat if it was near me. Maybe they’ll record a performance for an album.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 10, 2023

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Including St. Louis is so fascinating to me

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Badger of Basra posted:

Including St. Louis is so fascinating to me

I assume it's because St. Louis has a very reputable symphony orchestra dating back to the 1800s when it was briefly a world class city.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Cartoon Man posted:

I’d go in a heartbeat if it was near me. Maybe they’ll record a performance for an album.

I live in "conceivable day trip" distance from NYC (Connecticut). There's even a train you can take right into the city so you don't have to deal with the crazy New York drivers. :abrathink: Heck if it ain't tempting!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

gently caress you if you live in the American South, I guess. I'd be tempted to go, but the closest of these to me is five states away. :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I very much cannot possibly afford to go to London, which is the closest to me and not even in the EU. If I hear that they played Stillness In The Rain at those concerts I'll cry. :(

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Maybe they’ll sneak in some tracks from Haunted Chocolatier. That would own.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Well looks like I need to budget another trip to Melbourne

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

This looks neat but also that art makes me want a 3d Stardew Valley version.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

hannibal posted:

This looks neat but also that art makes me want a 3d Stardew Valley version.

I want it in HD-2D, like Octopath Traveller.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

3D has ruined many a farm sim, let us not pray for the ruin of CA's franchise as well

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's really weird how they all fall flat in the transition. You wouldn't think adding an extra dimension to a tile grid would be such a stumbling block.

My Time at Sand Rock is the best 3D take on the genre and it's not really farm focused at all, but mechanically and vibes wise the same spirit more or less. And that game started out in 3D and took a sequel to get great.

What I really want at this point is for someone to connect the dots between Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing and sell me a game I can play for a little while in real time once a week or two hop in for holidays with everyone else is buzzon about it.

I would have spent hundreds of dollars over the last decade if someone had made a good Stardew Crossing on steam and we're still making and selling poo poo for it.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]
Stardew is really the only farm sim I've ever played, but the comparison in mind was the experience going from Factorio to Satisfactory. I had put a lot of hours into Factorio and figured that Satisfactory would not interest me a lot but it turns out that figuring out 3d factories was just as interesting.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's an interest way to look at it. Factoria to satisfactory actually uses the third dimension in a meaningful way. Most 3d harvest dews are just fuglier versions of 2D games and could just as well translate their maps and mechanics to a 2D plane and lose nothing.

Which makes sense, traditional farming basically takes place on a plat plane. I guess there's room for some futuristic hydro indoor arcology farm to play with verticality and logistics wrt to farming.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The 3D game feel both slower and tend towards being more fumbly. When the strict grid breaks down it makes movement feel less precise and leads to frustrating mistakes or time wasted readjusting yourself.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Khanstant posted:

What I really want at this point is for someone to connect the dots between Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing and sell me a game I can play for a little while in real time once a week or two hop in for holidays with everyone else is buzzon about it.

I would have spent hundreds of dollars over the last decade if someone had made a good Stardew Crossing on steam and we're still making and selling poo poo for it.

Try Palia. It's a freemium MMO and that's about the right amount of playtime for it. It's biggest downside, besides the monetization path, is that there's hardly anything to do after a bit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m jonesing for 1.6. Need that dopamine hit.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I am not playing a single video right now. The situation is desperate.

EDIT: My favorite Stardew memories are from when I first picked it up and every day felt vital. Efficiency minded, doing enough every day, rushing home before I passed out. Last time I played half of the days I was getting back in bed by 10AM. Something has been lost.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
that sounds more like something gained, namely the greatest treasure of all

chill

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
I want to say there’s a mod that makes it where if you talk to a villager each day it slowly raises your friendship with them. Might give you a good reason to get out there each day.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

CFox posted:

I want to say there’s a mod that makes it where if you talk to a villager each day it slowly raises your friendship with them. Might give you a good reason to get out there each day.

Isn’t that how the base game works. Or :thejoke:?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah, talking to villagers gives friendship points. There's even a tracker in the social menu telling you if you've talked to a given villager today, right next to the gifts tracker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's a mod called Part of the Community that gives a couple friendship points for everyone who saw you talking to a villager. It also gives some extra points to everyone when you attend festivals (since why wouldn't they be happy to see you?)

It's sort of a cheat mod but if effectively cuts down the drudgery of grinding up friendships by quite a bit, and makes it feel like more of organic, everyone becomes close to you over time sort of thing