Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Just reminding everyone David Ayer has a cholo fetish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

Also Fury is really good, even if it's first two thirds and last third are entirely different films

I just shut it off 2/3 in and get an affecting, haunting drama about war

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm gonna go master gardener on you buddy.
Ohhh noooooooooooo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm gonna go master gardener on you buddy.

Decorate me with them flowers

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

toggle posted:

The romance.. or "romance" in the middle was awful.

it wasn't a romance. It was a deeply, deeply uncomfortable scene quite on purpose. I kind of want to see the third act from that movie.

Shageletic posted:

I just shut it off 2/3 in and get an affecting, haunting drama about war

Don't get me wrong, I like the cartoonish, over the top battle scene. It's just not from the same film as the rest.

Professor Shark posted:

Fury was almost as bad as The Counsellor in terms of talent versus end product

The Counsellor was loving great though.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Snowman_McK posted:

The Counsellor was loving great though.

It certainly had the best woman-fucks-a-car scene until Titane.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
That automatic garroting device was pretty neat.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I’d only ever watch The Counsellor again if they released a version with Cameron Diaz’s Barbadian accent.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dinosaurs! posted:

I’d only ever watch The Counsellor again if they released a version with Cameron Diaz’s Barbadian accent.

Should be a 4K UHD special feature.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1711762804665913794

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1711763183457665062

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Why the gently caress is Musk involved? And do I even want to know?

Anyways, that sucks about Momoa.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Why the gently caress is Musk involved? And do I even want to know?

Anyways, that sucks about Momoa.

Per the BSS movie thread: Musk and Heard were dating at the time.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

There's a nonzero chance that he will become President, being a pedophile has not historically been a barrier to entry

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Momoa always dresses like Johnny Depp

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

God dammit Momoa

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Well at least he was killed off in Dune Part 1 and we don't have to deal with him in Part 2.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Musk wants to pretend he’s the savior of mankind and once again the poo poo he’s actually super concerned about is the dumbest poo poo on earth.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Carpet posted:

Well at least he was killed off in Dune Part 1 and we don't have to deal with him in Part 2.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Professor Shark posted:

God dammit Momoa

That’s clickbait. Momoa didn’t ‘allegedly’ do that stuff, because those aren’t allegations. The story’s source is (leaked?) notes written by Heard’s therapist.

In that context, Heard was privately discussing feeling triggered by seeing Depp-like clothing - obviously not alleging that Momoa purposefully dressed up in a Johnny Depp costume to harass her at work(?!).

The only question is whether Momoa showed up drunk for work once, to which the answer is ‘nobody knows’, and ‘do we actually care anyways.’

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I did just see a Renaissance Periodization video examining his workouts and a notable take away is that he loves beer, specifically Guinness, to the point that he wanted to talk about drinking beer way more than working out.

Still falls under "who cares"; I'd show up to work a little drink every once in a while if I could, too.

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS

He's basically right, Momoa's character will not return in Dune part 2. (I am phrasing things carefully.)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

That’s clickbait. Momoa didn’t ‘allegedly’ do that stuff, because those aren’t allegations. The story’s source is (leaked?) notes written by Heard’s therapist.

In that context, Heard was privately discussing feeling triggered by seeing Depp-like clothing - obviously not alleging that Momoa purposefully dressed up in a Johnny Depp costume to harass her at work(?!).

The only question is whether Momoa showed up drunk for work once, to which the answer is ‘nobody knows’, and ‘do we actually care anyways.’

my hit piece senses were tingling so I'm glad it looks like my instincts could be right. in any case I'll take your word for it smg

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

I did just see a Renaissance Periodization video examining his workouts and a notable take away is that he loves beer, specifically Guinness, to the point that he wanted to talk about drinking beer way more than working out.

Still falls under "who cares"; I'd show up to work a little drink every once in a while if I could, too.

Work in hospo and it's your job to drink. I'm really good at my job.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Yeah I didn’t click on it tbh and that just sounds weird

I also don’t care if he showed up after having some drinks

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Momoa just dresses like that normally

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

This is the entire source for the story, from the therapist notes:

“Jason said he wanted me fired,” the notes say. “Jason drunk — late on set. Dressing like Johnny. Has all the rings too.”

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lol

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Egads!! An entire street full of guys vaguely dressed like Johnny Depp!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Why were her therapist notes leaked, thought that was a major professional no no. Did it come out in the trial or did some 4chan slimeball hack them somehow

E: turns out I'm right on both counts, somehow they got into the trial and then Depp fans paid to get them released. Jesus

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 10, 2023

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

Why were her therapist notes leaked, thought that was a major professional no no. Did it come out in the trial or did some 4chan slimeball hack them somehow

E: turns out I'm right on both counts, somehow they got into the trial and then Depp fans paid to get them released. Jesus

A whole bunch of stuff has come out about Depp's lawyers tactics (like spraying Depp's cologne in the lady's toilets) that would be on the nose as a villain move in a film.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lol Johnny dump

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Apparently the records were unsealed but people had to pay $0.50 a page for “copies” (which were actually just emailed) and there were 6600 pages.

In case you were curious about that bit.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Snowman_McK posted:

A whole bunch of stuff has come out about Depp's lawyers tactics (like spraying Depp's cologne in the lady's toilets) that would be on the nose as a villain move in a film.

A hahaha what the gently caress

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

smackfu posted:

Apparently the records were unsealed but people had to pay $0.50 a page for “copies” (which were actually just emailed) and there were 6600 pages.

In case you were curious about that bit.

Were these the same ones that Depp's fans crowdfunded to get unsealed and then, when released, they made him look way worse than anything that came out in the trial? Or am I getting my released documents mixed up.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

A hahaha what the gently caress

Yeah the internet has shown me that a good chunk of the world will act like a villain in a child's movie and then boast about it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Anything to make Musk look less cool to terrible nerds, who mostly also hate Heard.

Kinda the same thing happened with Jordan Peterson recently, whose vocal support for Israel has made him lose almost his entire right-wing Muslim fanbase.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The MSJ posted:

Kinda the same thing happened with Jordan Peterson recently, whose vocal support for Israel has made him lose almost his entire right-wing Muslim fanbase.

He had a Muslim fanbase?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Please link that poo poo because I love seeing Peterson eat crow (because he’s terrible and YouTube really pushes him on blank accounts)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Samovar posted:

He had a Muslim fanbase?

Honestly it's not that surprising, far right conservatives no matter the religion usually share a lot of beliefs and he doesn't put his own religion up that predominantly, just the conservative beliefs he gets from it.

Also the fact that completely unwanted he pops up on youtube recommend all the loving time probably helps as wlll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

Please link that poo poo because I love seeing Peterson eat crow (because he’s terrible and YouTube really pushes him on blank accounts)

Read the comments here, or at any social media post regarding his recent comment.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyJULR3IXRQ/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I have seen people say his follower count took a hit already.