Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

threeagainstfour posted:

Mavinga is so bad man. We were looking like we could get outta there with a tie till he played that horrible back pass.

I want to calculate how many points he and Bond have cost us this season, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pigma_Micron posted:

As usual, El Trafico is proving to be incredibly stressful for fans and, I'd imagine, a delightful chaos festival for neutrals.

Edit: the game and the galaxy's playoff hopes are extremely over.

The galaxy can't even do the rest of the league a favor by beating chivas

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Another Bill posted:

Matko Miljevic has been riding the pine for CF Montreal, so he went to play for the amateur Ligue Québécoise de Soccer Calcetto under a fake name. There he scored 6 goals 2 assists in three games.

Then Miljevic went to watch his unnamed buddy play, and when his buddy's team was losing 5-0 he spat on one of the opposing players then words were exchanged in spanish and Miljevic punched a player in the face. So the ref called the game and Miljevic is kicked out of the Ligue Québécoise de Soccer Calcetto.

What I find a bit more interesting is that the victim is referred to in the statement by the league repeatedly as elle meaning the person who got punched was a woman and she isn't hurt but is considering pressing an assault charge.

Oh and CF Montreal has no comment.

Welp

https://twitter.com/mls_buzz/status/1703496622577992091?s=46&t=Jl91I_6B7i5oyOtlhhpf1w

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
Florida man becomes professional athlete, registers as amateur under an assumed name, assaults amateur athlete, loses professional contract.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

binge crotching posted:

The galaxy can't even do the rest of the league a favor by beating chivas

To be fair we beat them at the much more high profile much more viewed Rose Bowl game. That had their fan base incredibly mad for a few weeks. Good times has by all.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
How it started:

How it's going:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

And Nate Silver is wondering why he got fired

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Inter Miami might make it too, but that’s a bit more reasonable to have missed on given Messi Mania

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Miami is actually the only team in the bottom 5 of that not currently in a playoff spot

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Very obvious their models don't take into account at all who's actually running the teams based on where they placed Toronto and the Galaxy.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I don't know whether I should laugh or laugh harder

https://twitter.com/the_bonnfire/status/1704859462182309970

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/SoundersFC/status/1706715258105348502

It's certainly not a busy logo!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Looks bland and crap!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Drunk Canuck posted:

Looks bland and crap!

It say so right in the tweet.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Writer's strike ends. LAFC and Miami both lose finals at home on the same day.

Coincidence?...Yeah, probably.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Completely forgot that the Campeones Cup was a thing.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
If all three of the tournaments between LMX and MLS have to continue to exist they should at least not have CCL/Campeones teams play in Leagues Cup

That's just too repetitive.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Congrats Cincy on your Shield

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Revs have still managed not to lose a game at home, which is fun. having said that they will now undoubtedly lose one of these last two games at Gillette

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I can't believe Cincy actually pulled it off after how bad they've been for years

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I want to scream for every single second I had to listen to the loving commentator on tonight's sounders game. I hate almost every single person that apple chose for this season's commentating

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
goodnight goons

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Axel Serenity posted:

goodnight goons

:confused:

(Yes, I know I need to charge my phone)

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 1, 2023

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
MLS acknowledges it but says it excludes the shootout era. I've only really just started following this year because of City, so I don't know entirely what that means, but looking at old videos, it looked extremely wacky!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

In MLS' infancy the rules were a bit different, partially to try to Americanize the sport. One thing was time being kept with countdown timers instead of a normal clock. The big one was that instead of a game tied at 90 minutes just ending with each team getting a point, there was instead the shootout where the winner of that would get the point and the loser would get nothing. Both of those things were dropped after the 1999 season. None of that means Chicago didn't actually win more games in regulation (with 2 games fewer to boot) though.

All of this sounds like I'm being really pedantic and mean to your team...which is completely true and 100% warranted because teams copying lovely generic names from a big European club deserve to be ridiculed :colbert:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

binge crotching posted:

I can't believe Cincy actually pulled it off after how bad they've been for years

Four whole seasons, wowie zowie

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Axel Serenity posted:

goodnight goons

https://twitter.com/ayik_daniel/status/1708301410670887209

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Apparently it was his wife who had to get him to go inside lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

St. Louis Generic Names just won the West.

Somehow Seattle is the only team in the conference without double-digit losses :psyduck:

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

whypick1 posted:

St. Louis Generic Names just won the West.

Somehow Seattle is the only team in the conference without double-digit losses :psyduck:

I feel triple-digit-sure that I’ve seen the Sounders lose double-digit games this year.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

barnold posted:

Revs have still managed not to lose a game at home, which is fun. having said that they will now undoubtedly lose one of these last two games at Gillette

called that poo poo

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Hopefully we ship Fat Wayne back to Engerland

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Rooney's not going to be the 8th (!!!) mid-season firing this season as that honor goes to a different Brit. Minnesota finally dumps Adrian Heath.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I had a feeling that was coming. We’ve been really dreadful the last couple months, just completely incapable of holding onto any leads and almost certainly missing the playoffs for the first time since coming into MLS.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Rejoice, for we have been spared having to watch Miami in the playoffs!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Rooney has resigned with immediate effect, guess he's off to Birmingham City after all.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Shammypants posted:

Hopefully we ship Fat Wayne back to Engerland

We shipped Fat Wayne back to Engerland

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

In the words of our fearless head coach, the Galaxy have been "put out of our misery."

Rousing stuff.

Honestly, there HAS been a lot of bad luck but, c'mon, did it ever really look like the team would do well this year? The best I can hope for is that we keep our good players.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Shammypants posted:

We shipped Fat Wayne back to Engerland

I'm gonna miss Fat Wayne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
San Diego's going to announce their identity on October 20th, according to reports. I'm guessing yellow will be one of the colors.