Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'm thinking of installing a new graphics card in my car to make it to faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Installing new drivers to make my car faster.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Thank you for the replies re: MH. I'll look into Rise if I can get a friend onboard, otherwise World if going in solo. Honestly surprised these are not AAA-priced games given the buzz I hear around them every time a new one releases.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Both games launched on console at $60 well ahead of the PC ports

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

KazigluBey posted:

Thank you for the replies re: MH. I'll look into Rise if I can get a friend onboard, otherwise World if going in solo. Honestly surprised these are not AAA-priced games given the buzz I hear around them every time a new one releases.

They are! You're just lucky to arrive in the lull between mainline games - the anniversary is coming up and everyone's all a-flutter wondering what the next big title will be.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The 7th Guest posted:

Old School (out now) - It's a new (?) MDickie game. I have no idea why the classroom is on fire, or why a student is holding up a car tire.

The 7th Guest posted:

It's a new (?) MDickie game.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Trying to Google tech stuff is a loving shitshow these days so I'll ask in here.

I'm trying to clear up space on one of my SSD's but there's a protected folder named MSIXVC with a file named 3D263E92-93CD-4F9B-90C7-5438150CECBF in it that's taking up 102GB!

Google seems to say it's to do with Forza Horizon 5, which I did have installed in the past (via GamePass) but I've long uninstalled. There's a whole bunch of people saying useless loving technobabble like iT'S A ViRtUaL FoLdEr iT'S NoT AcTuAlLy tAkInG Up tHaT MuCh sPaCe and it's actually smaller in size... but either way it's still stopping me from installing larger games into the drive so I want it dealt with.

Also none of the Google results are really trustworthy about what to do about it. Some say it'll gently caress up your Windows Store 5eva, others say it'll just mess up Horizon 5 and I'll have to reinstall it (but I'm not playing it anymore so :v).
Things says I can go into Safe Mode to delete it easily enough but I want to know if it's safe to yeet the file. I do have other GamePass games installed though.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 8, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mierenneuker posted:

Go to your Steam library, Your Collections button, + Create A New Collection, give it a name and select Create Dynamic Collection, then under Play State tick the Installed Locally box. You now have a collection that shows you everything that is currently installed that can help you find a demo/playtest/beta you downloaded but no longer can be played.

I've seen it happen with several EA games where the demo was a small slice that no longer represents the current state, so they removed the ability to download and play the demo. With a dynamic collection like the above you can still view titles that have been disabled (the button will say Uninstall instead of Play) or even games that you refunded but didn't remove (it'll say Purchase).

This is super useful going forward thanks. Buuut I wonder if I deleted it out of frustration back when. In which case I am again screwed. It's not a big deal and who knows I might find it just looking around

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Croccers posted:

Trying to Google tech stuff is a loving shitshow these days so I'll ask in here.

I'm trying to clear up space on one of my SSD's but there's a protected folder named MSIXVC with a file named 3D263E92-93CD-4F9B-90C7-5438150CECBF in it that's taking up 102GB!

Google seems to say it's to do with Forza Horizon 5, which I did have installed in the past (via GamePass) but I've long uninstalled. There's a whole bunch of people saying useless loving technobabble like iT'S A ViRtUaL FoLdEr iT'S NoT AcTuAlLy tAkInG Up tHaT MuCh sPaCe and it's actually smaller in size... but either way it's still stopping me from installing larger games into the drive so I want it dealt with.

Also none of the Google results are really trustworthy about what to do about it. Some say it'll gently caress up your Windows Store 5eva, others say it'll just mess up Horizon 5 and I'll have to reinstall it (but I'm not playing it anymore so :v).
Things says I can go into Safe Mode to delete it easily enough but I want to know if it's safe to yeet the file. I do have other GamePass games installed though.

i'd just zot it. worst case scenario you have to re download some windows game store stuff.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

MarcusSA posted:

F1 or Nascar?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

MarcusSA posted:

:perfect:

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

i can' t loving waittt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I picked up Dragon's Dogma cheap on a recent sale, I need to play it before Dragon's Dogma 2, but not too soon... imagine having to wait for a sequel!

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

sebmojo posted:

i'd just zot it. worst case scenario you have to re download some windows game store stuff.

Very novice PC person here, but couldn’t the person move it to a new folder and/or rename it or otherwise alter it temporarily.

Then, If their current Gamepass games boot and play properly, go ahead and fully delete. If not, restore to original location.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
One more plug for Northern Journey. It's great start to finish, and really a memorable experience on many fronts. It also has the distinct honor of introducing an enemy that is much more hair-raising than a gangly-legged spider jumping on you from out of nowhere, and this game has no shortage of spiders of all kinds, believe it or not.

Come to think of it, no one in the horror sphere has ever made a game where it's all just pure spiders of all kinds all the time.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Synthbuttrange posted:

Deadeye Deepfake Simulacrum is cyberpunk hotline miami + console mode simulator + a severe case of internet poisoning. Try the demo, its fun enough that i bought the game.

One thing I really enjoyed about it is that you can genuinely (alternative ending spoilers) follow the instructions, repay your initial million-dollar debt with early-game missions (the extra $5000 from the daily tips helps) and then simply leave

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

overeager overeater posted:

One thing I really enjoyed about it is that you can genuinely (alternative ending spoilers) follow the instructions, repay your initial million-dollar debt with early-game missions (the extra $5000 from the daily tips helps) and then simply leave

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Croccers posted:

The ms store is kind of a shitshow, it had problems with leaving 120gb of undeleteable junk behind when uninstalling PSO2 as well. Just go for it imo

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Just finished up Shadow Warrior 3 and had a very good time: definitely recommend for fans of fast-paced resource-management weapon-swapping dash-spammy wall-running explosive boomer shooters like Deadlink, Turbo Overkill, ULTRAKILL, and obviously Doom Eternal. The game is pretty much a mixture of intense arena combat with elaborate/cinematic parkour sequences inbetween, similar to...Doom Eternal. Look, it's a Doom Eternal clone, get it if you like Doom Eternal, but with a much more goofy protagonist that'll talk your ear off with his cringey one-liners ala Duke Nukem.

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256930650/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1676567014

Again, I liked it a lot, but there are some things to consider:

*It is a bit short, having a campaign around 5-6 hours, so the price might be a bit high if you don't get it on sale or on gamepass. Still, it's all-killer-no-killer so it can be considered a plus, and it does have new game plus and survival arenas and other bonus modes to consider.

*While it is definitely a Doom Eternal clone and delivers a lot of similar fun overall, the execution can be a bit more rough in comparison: executions/glory kills are very long and tedious animations (though they are much less frequent so it kinda equals out), game can be a bit wonky like getting you caught on small jaggy bits of the environment constantly, grappling has a weird delay that can get you killed, and the audio/visual combatscape is a bit less defined making some enemy attacks very confusing/surprising from lack of clarity, among other things.

*Story is serviceable and simple enough to understand despite not playing the other games, but again, it can feel rather short with characters, particularly the protagonist, that might make you cringe with their constant goofiness. At least it's not as overtly stereotypical/racist this time compared to the originals?

Speaking of goofy stories/protagonists, I'm currently going through The Messenger and man, I don't think that game has uttered a single sentence without it being some quirky fourth-wall-breaking wink-wink-nudge-nudge to the audience. I wouldn't mind it if it was just now and then, but it comes at such high frequency that my eyes are rolling so hard I fear that they will fall out of my sockets...but maybe I'm just being a grump and need to soften up. Fun game anyway so far.

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 8, 2023

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Can't wait for Dragon's Dogma 2!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TeaJay posted:

Can't wait for Dragon's Dogma 2!

this x 1000

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What even was their apology? "Sorry we made a bad game no one asked for"?

I'd have used GPT if someone tasked me with doing that myself.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

this, which is incidentally still their latest tweet so I guess they never did get around to improving the game in any way

https://twitter.com/GollumGame/status/1662124108614717448

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Hard to believe that they used AI to generate that apology message about The Lord of Ring: Gollum™

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

StrixNebulosa posted:

Monster Hunter World!

e: If you look at its steam page there’s a shitload of dlc. Literally all of it with one exception is cosmetic. The exception is Iceborne, which is an old-school expansion pack, with content you access very late in the game. If you’re new to Monster Hunter, base game World is a fantastic starting place.

Thank you, was going to ask that.

What kind of game is Monster Hunter? I know you run around and kill big stuff. Is it like Shadow of the Colossus? Elden Ring? Devil May Cry?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Monster Hunter is kinda it's own thing. There are a few games that recently came out really trying to mimic it's style.

It's basically 1-4 people vs a big monster. Fights against the monster can vary but it's usually like 10-30 minute fights. There are 14 different weapon types from small swords to big sword to bigger swords to ranged weapons. The pacing of combat is a lot slower than typical action games, with knowledge of monster behavior being a bigger factor than mashing buttons.

Main gameplay loop is hunting monsters for drops, then using those to craft weapons and armor to hunter harder monsters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
of those, it's probably closest to shadow of the colossus but it's really its own thing. you track down and fight monsters that range from the size of a van to the size of a mountain. there's a demo for rise.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sunbreak still has a playable demo if you want to give it a try.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1446780/MONSTER_HUNTER_RISE/

e;f,b should have refreshed

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Monster Hunter is the game that inspired the combat in Souls, but instead of meticulously exploring dungeons you go toe to toe with boss monsters from the start and they have a lot more HP. You can also take more hits and the game flow is almost like a fighting game where you're learning your opponents habits and movesets, learning when you need to play defensive and when it's your turn to punish a whiff.

It's a fair bit slower paced than a character action game but it's a very satisfying and focused core gameplay loop. MH in particular feels weighty and crunchy.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Monster Hunter is kind of like a MMO or ARPG in its structure, the real goal is to incrementally increase your power by grinding the same fights (raids in a mmo, different species of monsters in MH). It's not a series you play for the campaign.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I think the most satisfying thing about monster hunter is mastering (one, or all of) the 18 different weapon types that play very differently from another. As the difficulty increases and as you learn the different monsters' attacks, you learn to really push the limit on what you can do and get away with. An incredible, mechanically rewarding series.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What kind of game is Monster Hunter? I know you run around and kill big stuff. Is it like Shadow of the Colossus? Elden Ring? Devil May Cry?

Imagine the biggest sword you can think of. Okay, supersize it. "no normal human can even lift this blade!" Perfect, that's your starter weapon.

What are you going to fight with that? A pink t-rex that can breathe fire, of course!

Why? Because (in monster hunter world) that pink t-rex is threatening the safety of your cat kitchen (see video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqAfXQCItMA

What will you do after you win? Carve and skin the t-rex and wear it as a hat, of course!

And after that? Well, you'll fight THIS guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3j59Z3iXdM

or maybe THIS guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfdkqwlv1Qs

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What kind of game is Monster Hunter?

there's these monsters,

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the secret is that Dark Souls was just a Monster Hunter imitator this whole time

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Monster Hunter is like Minecraft

You have your tools (weapons) and you go out and get resources (these are the monsters) and then you craft with them (you wear them as weapons or clothes)

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

there's these monsters,

I'm listening.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I forget the rest

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

you seduce them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

kazil posted:

you seduce them

That's Monster Prom, not Monster Hunter.

Monster Prom 3 is pretty good, BTW, specially as a party game. Definitely the least dating and more game of the series.