Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The class balance is much, much closer, and if anything Vets are currently the weakest class since they ate some significant nerfs with this patch while the Psyker and Ogryn (previously the weakest) got major buffs.

e: Right now there are some glaring bugs that mean psykers can be comically overpowered, but once those are fixed (hopefully in like, a week) I think every class will be in a pretty good place and none will be obviously better than the others.

megane fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

megane posted:

The class balance is much, much closer, and if anything Vets are currently the weakest class since they ate some significant nerfs with this patch while the Psyker and Ogryn (previously the weakest) got major buffs.

e: Right now there are some glaring bugs that mean psykers can be comically overpowered, but once those are fixed (hopefully in like, a week) I think every class will be in a pretty good place and none will be obviously better than the others.

This was my experience after coming back yesterday. I played some missions with my Veteran and Orgyn and leveled my Zealot for a few, just kind of getting a feel for the game. My Veteran is still great and lets me play out my Guard fantasies, but it definitely felt the most tame compared to the rest. Ogryn and Zealot felt so much better and interesting to play, with the Ogryn being my new favorite.

Groups were pretty diverse as well and everyone had cool stuff to do.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Messed around with psyker after leaving it at 6 for ages, and fuckin’ hell it’s got amazing versatility now. Daggers are great, though I like Smite more for the insane crowd control now that I unlocked Voidstrike staves to take out specials better at range. A charged smite comes out quick and knocks hordes on their rear end to keep them corralled if I don’t want to channel, so I can get stuck in and get to swinging when they get close. Meanwhile Telekine Shield is a fantastic gently caress you to gunner squads. I haven’t messed with Scrier’s Gaze yet but I want to find a way to ride that edge and only explode horribly sometimes.

Man this patch is good eatin’.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Scriers gaze seems meant for gunpsykers but I've seen people say it works well with voidstrike and that blessing that refunds peril on headshots.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

After having a brain blast on how Scrier's Gaze works I did some testing in the Pyskanium:

The way it works is straightforward, when you activate it you immediately get +20% crit chance, +% damage, any ability modifier buffs you took, and start generating peril. For every second that Scrier's is active, you get 1 stack of a +1% damage buff to a max of 30 stacks. The peril generation also starts off very slow and is slowed by killing things, but eventually ramps to the point of making you hit 100% peril, which is what turns Scrier's Gaze off.

After Scrier's is turned off, the up to 30 stack damage buff remains for an additional 10 seconds. So the goal with Scriers is to use the ability to kill things extra good but make sure you don't hit 100% for as long as possible. For Voidstrike staff specifically I think you want to go with the Warp Siphon keystone as it gets you access to the Warp Charges reduce Peril generation feat. It's really easy to hit 30 stacks of the buff while killing things and quelling in-between, and the peril doesn't zoom nearly as fast upwards so is much more manageable.

Ironically I think that Scrier's is not so great for Gunpsyker, as you really need to be able to quell at a moment's notice so you don't hit 100% peril right away. Disrupt Destiny is the keystone you want I bet though.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Finally got a Lacerate IV/Mercy Killer IV knife and man that really makes the right hand tree zealot pop.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Do the psyker shards level off at higher difficulty levels? Been helping a friend who just started level up and they're extremely broken at the 2nd difficulty level; wiping out groups of shooters without even aiming, one shooting every special, that sort of thing.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Vagabong posted:

Do the psyker shards level off at higher difficulty levels? Been helping a friend who just started level up and they're extremely broken at the 2nd difficulty level; wiping out groups of shooters without even aiming, one shooting every special, that sort of thing.

Kinda? They are pretty dang op atm tho

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah, I ended up with a group of 3 assail psykers on Heresy and I hardly had to do anything aside from sniping the occasional special. Entire rooms of enemies just kinda vanished.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah I was playing level 4 diff last night to help a friend level their Ogryn. Running my maxed out psyker w/Voidstrike and while yes I was looting crafting mats while another level 16 psyker ran ahead to farm kills, that level 16 with their assail/kine blade setup about doubled my damage. It's an absolutely wild build (which I need to play at least once before it gets nerfed).

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Kith posted:

I took the Achlys Heavy Stubber for a spin and it's a monster with the new Skill Tree. Never reload, never run out of ammo, constantly regenerate Toughness, constantly mill cooldowns with Lucky Bullet, rip through Crushers with ease. I know the thread favorite is the Gorgonum but the Achlys is actually worth the time now - on a weapon as punchy as the Heavy Stubber, "half the damage for twice the ammo" is a seriously good trade.

e: I just did the math on it and wowzers it's shocking how the (theoretically maximum) numbers shake out:

Krourk: 175 Damage x 520 Ammo = 91,000 Theoretical Total Damage
Gorgonum: 252 Damage x 360 Ammo = 90,720 Theoretical Total Damage
Achlys: 140 Damage x 600 Ammo = 84,000 Theoretical Total Damage

What does the Achlys bring that's supposed to make up for a deficit that bad?

For me it comes down to usability, the Gorgo does damage in two round bursts that are very controllable without needing to brace, so its more accurate all around with a harder hitting round.

Also the knockdown that gorgo has is really powerful for dealing with imminent threats that are about to hurt your smaller friends. Just a real use case example: against a pack of maulers at midrange, unbraced, the achlys fired full auto will miss a lot of its shots and never knock them down, while the gorgo will remain accurate and drop them on their butts with a few bursts.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 8, 2023

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

What's the heavy eviscerator ideal attack chain again?
Light Heavy Block-Reset?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

what class would :torgue: play

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Ogryn recently just got The Biggest Explosion so there’s really no question.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

DarkDobe posted:

What's the heavy eviscerator ideal attack chain again?
Light Heavy Block-Reset?

Heavy > Light > Push attack (can skip light attack)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Bussamove posted:

thanks for reminding me i haven't tried that yet, i've been having too much fun heaving regenerating rocks

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Ciaphas posted:

Bussamove posted:

https://i.imgur.com/AYjdRHi.mp4

The Rumbler feels pretty good to use these days. I haven't gotten a decent Grenade Gauntlet yet but I've seen other Ogryns do work with them.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 8, 2023

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Just got out of some Auric missions and yeah unless I'm playing with friends who are less Darktide-good, that's where I'm going to live now.

Mods Talk:
I've updated Darktide Mod Framework along with a few others on this list as of 2 days ago and this is my mod load order, you'll notice 2 commented out because they appear to be broken, everything else seems to work for me.
code:
scoreboard
NumericUI
hub_hotkey_menus
--creature_spawner
Blessings of the Omnissiah
--ChatBlock
FoundYa
ItemSorting
Mission Lobby - Show Ranged Weapons
Ration Pack
SpectatorHUD
TruePeril
BetterMelk
animation_events
Any other recommended mods these days?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Diephoon posted:

The Rumbler feels pretty good to use these days. I haven't gotten a decent Grenade Gauntlet yet but I've seen other Ogryns do work with them.

I currently run Gorgonum, what build do you like with the rumbler and also what blessings on the weapon?

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

Just got out of some Auric missions and yeah unless I'm playing with friends who are less Darktide-good, that's where I'm going to live now.

Mods Talk:
I've updated Darktide Mod Framework along with a few others on this list as of 2 days ago and this is my mod load order, you'll notice 2 commented out because they appear to be broken, everything else seems to work for me.
code:
scoreboard
NumericUI
hub_hotkey_menus
--creature_spawner
Blessings of the Omnissiah
--ChatBlock
FoundYa
ItemSorting
Mission Lobby - Show Ranged Weapons
Ration Pack
SpectatorHUD
TruePeril
BetterMelk
animation_events

Some that I like
Reveal Blessings Shows the Blessings you've missed
Barter with Hadron Lets you sell at Hadron's menu
My Favorites because maybe I deleted a really good voidstrike staff :(
Log Me In Since I tend to play one character until their contracts are done...
Contracts Overlay Am I meleeing scabs or ranging them, or is it dregs?
Height Changerif you foolishly didn't make your Ogryn the biggest, meanest, strongest.
Is Sorted Mission Grid still needed? I didn't really check the QoL changes since there was so much balance info.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Mods Talk:

It's not on Nexus yet but the Extended Weapon Customization mod that's posted on the Darktide Modders discord is amazing. Not only can you bling out your weapons (although this is client-side only) but it also lets you add functional reflex sights or tape working flashlights to (almost?) any gun:

Unfortunately searching for stuff on discord sucks rear end but it's posted in the Creation Showcase board

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Diephoon posted:

https://i.imgur.com/AYjdRHi.mp4

the explosion is good but having tried it some but having only 1 grenade per box sets off giant enemy crab syndrome too fierce for me :(

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I really like debuff_indicator, which gives you little numbers showing how many stacks of debuffs are on stuff. There's also CustomCrosshairColor, which actually doesn't change your crosshair color, but rather the colors of the hit indicator X.

Blitz Bar is awesome, too, but it hasn't been updated, so I assume it won't work at the moment.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Rend shock trooper accatrans vet is intensely strong. I wouldnt agree its weaker than its peers rn

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I got back in for a bit due to friends hopping on through xbox now. What's the recommended staff for psyker after the big patch? I had the flamethrower but kinda hate it. It's good but my brain doesn't use it that well

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

is mod load order bottom-loads-first, or other way round?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

I got back in for a bit due to friends hopping on through xbox now. What's the recommended staff for psyker after the big patch? I had the flamethrower but kinda hate it. It's good but my brain doesn't use it that well

Voidstrike Staff with Surge and Quell Peril. Increase crit chance perk if you can swing it. Take Scrier's Gaze with the peril reduction, then go over to Warp charges with peril reduction. Proceed to blast everything on screen.

Alternatively, run Assail and not care what your staff is because Assail is nuts.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Vagabong posted:

From what I've read of the complaints, and videos of people doing t5 stuff, it's Good there and broken before that. It'll probably cop a major so-bad-no-one-uses-it-ever nerf next patch though I feel like 80% of the driving force behind that being other people who get annoyed that they run up to small groups that die just before they get there on t2.

Next patch it'll probably be down to only using your blitz for lightning CC so get in on the fun train while it's here.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Voidstrike is probably one of the most overpowered weapons in the game right now, Trauma staff comes a close second for just being able to tell a crowd of 20 mixed crushers, bulwarks, ragers and maulers "naw."

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Do I have to like.. talk to melk every week on every character to make my missions progress?
I've played like 5 games on diff characters and zero progress when I talk to him.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They reset 20 minutes ago, without mods (:fatshark:) you need to talk to Melk to see what contracts you have before any progress will be made towards them, then once they are complete you need to talk to Melk to get your reward before the reset.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Will say that yes the knives are really good but I have noticed their tracking can be a little wonky if you don't lock onto a head first and just blind fire them

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

They reset 20 minutes ago, without mods (:fatshark:) you need to talk to Melk to see what contracts you have before any progress will be made towards them, then once they are complete you need to talk to Melk to get your reward before the reset.

but of course...
Thank you.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If you want contracts done as fast as possible, try to roll some combination of plasteel/diamantine/kill dregs/scabs/monstrosities, the last two in particular you can find maelstrom missions that are full of just those enemies.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
While the Rejects/Acolytes aren't anywhere near as fleshed out characters as the Ubersreik Five(or Four), they definitely still have their moments, have had my Ogryn express a desire to learn how to read, as well as him talking about how he's incredibly handsome so doesn't need the surgeon to change his looks, he just likes hanging around over there so others can take inspiration from him

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They added "450" more conversations this patch according to the notes, I much prefer the banter between a couple personalities instead of the radio chiming in that we need to keep doing the thing we're doing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Exodee posted:

It's not on Nexus yet but the Extended Weapon Customization mod that's posted on the Darktide Modders discord is amazing. Not only can you bling out your weapons (although this is client-side only) but it also lets you add functional reflex sights or tape working flashlights to (almost?) any gun:

Unfortunately searching for stuff on discord sucks rear end but it's posted in the Creation Showcase board

It should be illegal to host stuff on discords

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

They added "450" more conversations this patch according to the notes, I much prefer the banter between a couple personalities instead of the radio chiming in that we need to keep doing the thing we're doing.

It does seem like the player dialogue is firing off more often and I'm not hearing repeats as often either

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

drrockso20 posted:

While the Rejects/Acolytes aren't anywhere near as fleshed out characters as the Ubersreik Five(or Four), they definitely still have their moments, have had my Ogryn express a desire to learn how to read, as well as him talking about how he's incredibly handsome so doesn't need the surgeon to change his looks, he just likes hanging around over there so others can take inspiration from him

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...e5daec92d4bec3&

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I've got no stick in the game when it comes to VT1 or VT2, but I really enjoy the continual effort the various Reject personalities and have gotten and the fact all the VAs are clearly getting given a lot of work. They're doing a bang up job and it's been a lot of fun hearing the new lines between characters. I would say you hear 2-3 bonding conversations throughout any given mission, some are a bit shorter especially if the personality doesn't have the right one to bounce off feels like.

I'm okay with the radio chatter generally, but yeah I've heard it a lot so I get that as a complaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Where do I report players?

Just had a lovely game with two racist homophobic assholes.