Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The sugar understander has logged on.

Sir, I think you'll find that I am not a sugar understander but an explainer of old memey products. :colbert:

Also that post-name combo in the first post explaining it is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Sugar Daddy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you may not like it, but this is what peak digestion looks like

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
One of the best things about SA are the out of the blue effort posts in any thread

One of the other best things are the shitposts that follow

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
the shitposts preceded it actually I think you'll find

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Leading and trailing shitposts are both common

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Graahahhahh!!! *melts in the sudden sunlight*

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

maybealabia posted:

One of the best things about SA are the out of the blue effort posts in any thread

One of the other best things are the shitposts that follow

Butt science is serious business ok?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Stylish_Kira/status/1711052721887822132

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

It's a Subway tunnel! :v:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Considering Stephen King is from Bangor this tracks.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Uh this is exactly 100% misleading garbage. It’s just physics. The hotdog could not possibly make it out of the gumball machine, at least not in one piece.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Like what do you do if you enter the tunnel at the same time as someone leaving? Do you turn around and wait or try and squeeze past? Do you make eye contact? I think I’d nope out and never eat there again.

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

Slugworth posted:

Uh this is exactly 100% misleading garbage. It’s just physics. The hotdog could not possibly make it out of the gumball machine, at least not in one piece.

You seem upset that you can't get a whole room-temperature hotdog out of a gumball machine.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ayuh, the old Subway hole, they say it only opens when the time is right. The younguns, they'll go in there, but I wouldn't want t'know what happens if it closes back up on ya. Tain't even that good o' bread.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

You get the whole hotdog out the same way it got in, I suppose, it didn't just grow there.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Wait, your hotdogs don't grow? :confused:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Detheros posted:

Wait, your hotdogs don't grow? :confused:

They do, that's why I cut mine.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Archonex posted:

Yeah, the body doesn't just magically crap out anything that can have an adverse effect on it. There's an entire process and even things that make you uncomfortable have a reason for why that is.

Forbes did an article on the gummy bears (though they rated the amount of maltitol in it a lot lower than what folks seem to think it had. Hard to tell since the recipe was discontinued though.) way back when that explains the effects of maltitol on the human body.

TL;DR: They accidentally made osmotic laxative gummies by upping the amount of maltitol in every gummy to unwise levels for casual consumption. Then they sold the tiny gummies in multi pound bags. Cue hilarity.

such a german thing to do

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

This is at Bangor's Airport Mall, the Saddest Place in TownTM. The "Subway Tunnel" is the back entrance, from the mall side. There's actually a front entrance out by the parking lot.

In this mall there is: a pet store, a Subway, a furniture store, and a head shop. There's an indoor playground type place next door, but it isn't technically part of the Airport Mall. Up until recently, there was also the regional DMV office in the mall for some reason. :smithicide:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It's that common for people to go get a blowjob that they have a shop just dedicated to "head"?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Only at Starbucks.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Slugworth posted:

Glizzy Grinder

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Subways must be real cheap to run because I swear to god, no matter how dead or backwoods a spot is, there's been a Subway there for years.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
i've heard the opposite, but who even knows. I ate at a subway next to a job I worked in the bay area that charged like $5.65 for a six inch even when they had the five dollar footlong promotion.

I would buy a footlong just to save that sixty five cents on principle and ask my coworkers if they wanted the other half. I would throw away half a sub more than once because of this weird pricing discrepancy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

That's how they bring in the new menu item, the 200 ft long

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BasicLich posted:

i've heard the opposite, but who even knows. I ate at a subway next to a job I worked in the bay area that charged like $5.65 for a six inch even when they had the five dollar footlong promotion.

I would buy a footlong just to save that sixty five cents on principle and ask my coworkers if they wanted the other half. I would throw away half a sub more than once because of this weird pricing discrepancy.

You know you can just eat the other half later right?

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Das Boo posted:

Subways must be real cheap to run because I swear to god, no matter how dead or backwoods a spot is, there's been a Subway there for years.

It doesn't need a real kitchen since the food comes prepackaged, you can run one with one or two people when it's slow, just a few seats will do, and their franchising rules are considerably more lenient than most fast food chains.

They really overextended in the early/mid-2010s and their US store count has gone down a lot since then, but they're still an easy store to stuff in almost anywhere.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Inceltown posted:

I can't imagine any sub that's good now would also be good later

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

Yeah, but would you really want to?

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Inceltown posted:

those things don't survive a few days in the fridge

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BasicLich posted:

those things don't survive a few days in the fridge

But they do like a few hours. Like if you chuck it in the fridge next day it's gonna be fine.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Flipperwaldt posted:

You get the whole hotdog out the same way it got in, I suppose, it didn't just grow there.

could be a case of spontaneous hotdog generation

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

dr_rat posted:

But they do like a few hours. Like if you chuck it in the fridge next day it's gonna be fine.

did i say I would throw away every half if a coworker didn't eat it? did I say I never ate the other half later?

find another throat to jump down

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

lol I had a disgusting coworker who bought a subway sandwich on Friday, ate half of it, left it on his desk over the weekend and ate it Monday morning.

He was so gross for so many reasons this barely made a blip though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BasicLich posted:

did i say I would throw away every half if a coworker didn't eat it? did I say I never ate the other half later?

find another throat to jump down

its a dumb play sorry

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Crab Dad posted:

lol I had a disgusting coworker who bought a subway sandwich on Friday, ate half of it, left it on his desk over the weekend and ate it Monday morning.

I think your coworker might have been a raccoon.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ayuh, the old Subway hole, they say it only opens when the time is right. The younguns, they'll go in there, but I wouldn't want t'know what happens if it closes back up on ya. Tain't even that good o' bread.

Sometimes bread is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Crab Dad posted:

There was a Simpsons episode about this. Homer gets a giant sandwich, can't eat it all, and refuses to throw it out despite Marge's pleas.