Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Zero VGS posted:

He's saying it because building anti-terror cooperation with Israel is a good idea. Both countries are in the business of intercepting missiles aimed at civilians, and the more tech and resources they share with each other the better. You think he would risk picking a side if he didn't (correctly) think his choice would benefit Ukraine eventually?

Also apart from "we condemn this attack on civilians", which, obviously, don't underestimate maintaining good diplomatic relations in order for Ukrainians in the region to have good support getting out of there. It may not be Biden but I'm sure the State Department and US regional embassies are putting effort into the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Even if Israel has only provided Ukraine with lukewarm support at best, Israel's allies have for the most part supported Ukraine, and Hamas' allies for the most part Russia. It's an easy choice to make for Zelensky.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

spankmeister posted:

Even if Israel has only provided Ukraine with lukewarm support at best, Israel's allies have for the most part supported Ukraine, and Hamas' allies for the most part Russia. It's an easy choice to make for Zelensky.

Yeah, anyone shocked by this needs to step back and think for a sec

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

He's saying it because building anti-terror cooperation with Israel is a good idea. Both countries are in the business of intercepting missiles aimed at civilians, and the more tech and resources they share with each other the better. You think he would risk picking a side if he didn't (correctly) think his choice would benefit Ukraine eventually?

I mean, obviously, but my point is that it doesn't matter with regard to the war and I'd rather avoid the endless I/R fighting that'll get the thread shut down permanently.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

fondue posted:

They're not dead civilians unless it happens in france, otherwise they're just effervescent corpses.

all corpses are effervescent if they're underwater

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I wonder why Zelensky would condemn attacks of zero military value that entirely sought out civilian targets to mass murder and rape in the most shocking and traumatic ways possible. It's probably a complex web interests and real-politik that only the most brilliant IR expert could decode.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Most of the world is saying what Zelensky is saying right now

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Many are saying

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/267286471172562944?s=20

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

I wonder why Zelensky would condemn attacks of zero military value that entirely sought out civilian targets to mass murder and rape in the most shocking and traumatic ways possible. It's probably a complex web interests and real-politik that only the most brilliant IR expert could decode.

Because Zelenskyy either is pandering for more weapons or is dumb

Zzulu posted:

Most of the world is saying what Zelensky is saying right now

Most of the western media is dumb in regards to Israel

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Tai posted:

thhanks for explaining i guess we can wrap up this convo

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Tai posted:

This uh, reads way too much like "rape and murder is fine when MY side does it" and I think I don't want you in the thread if that's the case.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Baronjutter posted:

Its a mystery gonna have to listen to some podcasts so I know what to think

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Kchama posted:

This uh, reads way too much like "rape and murder is fine when MY side does it" and I think I don't want you in the thread if that's the case.

No it doesn't. See the gold mined IP thread or my post history.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Tai posted:

No it doesn't. See the gold mined IP thread or my post history.

Then why do you call it 'dumb' for Zelensky to condemn staging murder-rape raids on civilians?

EDIT: Much less pandering.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Kchama posted:

Then why do you call it 'dumb' for Zelensky to condemn staging murder-rape raids on civilians?

EDIT: Much less pandering.

Because Zelenskyy is on the receiving end of a larger more powerful country making GBS threads on the country he is president of. Much like how Israel, a larger more powerful country is making GBS threads on Palestine.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Tai posted:

Because Zelenskyy is on the receiving end of a larger more powerful country making GBS threads on the country he is president of. Much like how Israel, a larger more powerful country is making GBS threads on Palestine.

If you notice, he hasn't done murder-rape raids on civilians in Russia. You seem to be implying that these attacks are justified because Israel sucks. I think my initial assessment was correct.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
No he hasn't. Hamas has. I'm not condoning the actual acts of hamas. I'm making GBS threads on Israel who have spent decades making GBS threads on Palestine which has spawned this evil that is currently happening to Israeli citizens. Israel created hamas due to treating Palestine like utter poo poo for decades.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Tai posted:

No he hasn't. Hamas has. I'm not condoning the actual acts of hamas. I'm making GBS threads on Israel who have spent decades making GBS threads on Palestine which has spawned this evil that is currently happening to Israeli citizens. Israel created hamas due to treating Palestine like utter poo poo for decades.

No poo poo that Hamas did the attacks. I'm saying the reason why he's condemning the attacks is because he thinks they are bad matter who the other side is. Which is why he isn't doing the same in his war. Because they are bad. There is nothing dumb or pandering to go "Doing this sucks and is awful."

You say you don't condone it, sure, but you also don't blame them for it and also call someone who is condemning it 'dumb' for doing so.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 9, 2023

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Hey friends here's an idea: please do keep talking about Israel vs Palestine in this, the Ukraine thread. This is exactly what everyone wants to read here and will definitely not have the thread shut down or anything

Re Ukraine, Reuters reports that some Ukrainian official is saying Russia is expected to massively increase their drone strikes over this winter. Last winter the count was approx 1,000 Shaheds over six months, this year it's already been 500 Shaheds in September alone. This seems bad

Ok sorry about that back to how this is all about Palestine somehow

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

jaete posted:

Hey friends here's an idea: please do keep talking about Israel vs Palestine in this, the Ukraine thread. This is exactly what everyone wants to read here and will definitely not have the thread shut down or anything

This

You're not getting sixers if you continue to try to make this an I/P thread

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Stolen from the D&D thread, this is a really good video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmd-QG7Ve0E

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

jaete posted:

Re Ukraine, Reuters reports that some Ukrainian official is saying Russia is expected to massively increase their drone strikes over this winter. Last winter the count was approx 1,000 Shaheds over six months, this year it's already been 500 Shaheds in September alone. This seems bad

Ok sorry about that back to how this is all about Palestine somehow

I was mad, sorry. Please put it in the newspapers that I was mad.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Toxic Mental posted:

He and Perun are the top explainers for the conflict, at least from the "actually in the MIC" camp. Both are pro-follows.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Kchama posted:

I was mad, sorry. Please put it in the newspapers that I was mad.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

:perfect:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:five:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

:eyepop:

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Holy poo poo

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

I literally asked for it, so thanks.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Toxic Mental posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmd-QG7Ve0E

are we now common thieves??

(good video thanks)

:five:

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
New Perun

Ukraine's Counteroffensive - Breach, not Breakthrough: Minefields, tactics and emerging lessons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjf_vAkaBS8

Discuss.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Wild if true.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

People are saying!

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

neato burrito posted:

People are saying!

Only some though, not many. Mostly people are saying he is apoplectic.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

Runa posted:

This was kind of a surreal exchange, ngl

You can get probated for insufficient zeal in support the Ukrainian war effort.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
loving beautiful

a kramer wannabe gets banned and we get a great photoshop

it's a good day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

You can get probated for insufficient zeal in support the Ukrainian war effort.

You did not get probated for that at all. Or that guy.

Also :lmao: you're still fuming over a sixxer from four months ago.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Oct 9, 2023