Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ben shapino posted:

that guy got owned big time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Azhais posted:

Is he playing by Xanth rules now or something

E(lol/n) the worst Demon bets only on unregretted user seconds and is nearly at zero

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

ChatGPT has an information cutoff point of 2021. Plus it's not an all-knowing electronic brain, it gives its answers based off a predictive-AAAAUUGGGHH, I hate how much they completely misunderstand current AI despite talking so much about it.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 8, 2023

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

It is really quite possible Elon did get an A+ in computers but it’s obvious he has no actual experience doing any kind of work.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I am, but getting an A+ in computer programming in 1989 seems like it would mean exactly gently caress all to modern programmers.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I got an A+ for the cool game I made in Qbasic back in the day. Graphics, motion, sound, save files and everything.

It means nothing. I am a programming moron in modern times.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Imagine being in your 50s bragging about a grade you got in high school

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

kazil posted:

Imagine being in your 50s bragging about a grade you got in high school

he's very smart, intellectually and he's allowed to brag about getting a A+ in social studies in apartheid south africa

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he's very smart, intellectually and he's allowed to brag about getting a A+ in social studies in apartheid south africa

"social studies" sounds kinda woke imo

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Its also that like, what he is claiming as evidence for being a big brain jenius is simply beyond programming

Social media poo poo is a widely broad category, like, yes programming is in there , but so is psychology, ethics, UX design, media management, politics , image acumen , and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head

Like cool, even if taken as gospel, getting an A on a first year assessment decades ago doesn't qualify you to head a massive social media program

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

IBroughttheFunk posted:

ChatGPT has a cutoff point of 2021 with its information, why the hell do they all misunderstand AI so goddamn badly.

They don't get that "AI" is just marketing-speak for these chatbots. They're not actual AIs, which are decades away from being created if ever. But these idiots think they're real AIs and treat them accordingly

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Jesus Christ.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1710883932240028017

https://twitter.com/bobbybigwheel/status/1710760939543318722

News was literally one of the things I actually would check in on Twitter before, but it's increasingly just going to become even more a cesspit of outright missinfo from people paying to boost themselves. Blech.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 8, 2023

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Willatron posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I am, but getting an A+ in computer programming in 1989 seems like it would mean exactly gently caress all to modern programmers.

yes but it also means nothing because it's made up

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Quote-Unquote posted:

What news source does Elon rely on?

The account:

Impossible to figure out his political views.

Twitter seems a lot worse right now at following complex current events like wars and natural disasters. When the invasion of Ukraine started, it was pretty simple to use Twitter to see an aggregated view of credible news sources and analysis. Now, searching for keywords about the fighting in Israel just turns up Reply Guys and blue check hashtag spammers.

It's amazing how much shittier the platform has gotten in just under two years.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Education is education, experience is illustrative.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Jestery posted:

Its also that like, what he is claiming as evidence for being a big brain jenius is simply beyond programming

Social media poo poo is a widely broad category, like, yes programming is in there , but so is psychology, ethics, UX design, media management, politics , image acumen , and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head

Like cool, even if taken as gospel, getting an A on a first year assessment decades ago doesn't qualify you to head a massive social media program

Ethics hahaha

I wish

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wait, so is the point that now I can see snuff films on Twitter and this is a good thing? This is such a confusing sentence.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

Wait, so is the point that now I can see snuff films on Twitter and this is a good thing? This is such a confusing sentence.

I think Musk's stance is that supposedly the old Twitter mods were censoring on behalf of Hamas to help them out and make them look better, but of course he does not realize he sounds like he's endorsing the fact that videos of people getting killed can now be shared freely around his platform because he gutted moderation.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I think Musk's stance is that supposedly the old Twitter mods were censoring on behalf of Hamas to help them out and make them look better, but of course he does not realize he sounds like he's endorsing the fact that videos of people getting killed can now be shared freely around his platform because he gutted moderation.

Also, epic printer scene in Office Space

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Willatron posted:

it all depends but yeah just because you got an A+ in the class in 1989, doesn't mean it will translate over to today without actual effort. even software development in general has changed greatly since.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

It's not even a "real" A+ on an actual test or assignment or anything; Maye just paid someone at IBM to type out a page saying "Elon is a special, talented boy"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

William Bear posted:

Twitter seems a lot worse right now at following complex current events like wars and natural disasters. When the invasion of Ukraine started, it was pretty simple to use Twitter to see an aggregated view of credible news sources and analysis. Now, searching for keywords about the fighting in Israel just turns up Reply Guys and blue check hashtag spammers.

It's amazing how much shittier the platform has gotten in just under two years.

Because anyone can pay $8 to have whatever bullshit they are spouting get promoted to the top.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he's right... hatred leads to suffering baby yoda said that

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Elon is the wisest human to ever live

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

hrmmm yes *nods sagely*

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

There's nothing more apparent than the fact that Elon has no one around to help him with his image. In the 2010s he clearly employed some slick PR agency or whatever that smartly conned the masses into thinking he was a genius inventor.

Since then he has bought into that idea himself and is convinced he's the interesting thing, not the stories that were created around him. So we just get the dumbest, faux intellectual tweets. Hell, he even told his biographer a bunch of dumb poo poo that he thought made him seem like a leader of men.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Quote-Unquote posted:

Because anyone can pay $8 to have whatever bullshit they are spouting get promoted to the top.

Yeah, Elon’s idea about the site being THE place for news is is so ridiculous, it’s impossible to believe even he can be so stupid.

It certainly *is* a site where you can find bluechecks tweeting in support of any idea/thing you want to see.

To include lizard people, space lasers, Qanon, and rotten.com-style death/execution videos (which are everywhere on X at the moment due to I/P)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Young Orc

Strong Sauce posted:

All I can think of is when he first bought twitter and geohot hosted some twitter space and a former engineer at twitter was asking Elon what he wanted to do: a complete rebuild of the code or a complete rethinking of “what is twitter” and Elon deflected saying the architecture was too complicated and when the engineer called him out on it and asked what was so complicated about it all Elon could respond with is “who are you?”

It is really quite possible Elon did get an A+ in computers but it’s obvious he has no actual experience doing any kind of work. I don’t even mean programming. Any manager down the line would be able to tell him what’s wrong and he could at least regurgitate those points. If he can’t explain why it’s complicated then it’s obviously just an excuse.

The general public oohs and aahs over him writing some game when he was 12. For one thing who knows if he even wrote it and for another a dumb game from 30 years ago is way less complicated than twitter. He even hosed up the code at his first company zip2.

the public that isnt on twitter only really does that because the media has been sucking him off for years without a hint of criticism, or even an attempt at confirming if what he says is true.

people want a modern edison, someone to look up to and tell their kids they could be if they try hard in school. the media chose the worst possible role model, maybe even worse than trump

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Excuse the useless red arrow.

People with that bumper sticker were not paying much attention, but it’s better than the ones that suggest that there was a time when Elon wasn’t nuts.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 9, 2023

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Official X policy is that its good to see dead bodies on your feed. This is good for advertising, possibly

https://twitter.com/Safety/status/1711185375862129090?t=ekeJLQed0gKzOvOqF_pX_A&s=19

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I think that if a business is putting out a public statement on its own operations, it’s probably best that people don’t have to log in to read it, but what do I know?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jesus h christ he's such a loving moron. And a very authoritative moron too.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

sounds woke

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lmao he posts like some fuckin d&d loser that everyone hates

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Local genius writes awkward English sentence.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I give it a day before Elon says only someone of his intellect can fix this

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Young Orc
waiting for musk to call netanyahu a pedo guy

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

how often do you think elorn quotes what he imagines the art of war to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Elon speaks like how a dumb person thinks a smart person sounds like