Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
At launch I had Nier:a crash twice and I outran the map loading several times which caused the game to just stop for a good 20 seconds while showing an error message lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

That’s just one of the many endings in Nier automata

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hal Insandenza posted:

I still think of NESGuerilla or however it was spelled when I see your posts. And that AV of like a drooling guy with VR or something? Really you always have kind of disturbing avatars

edit:

I think I had that AV for over a decade. I briefly thought of buying it back recently but I lost the pic and I think I like this one better. How did you find that? Does it still pop up in archives or something?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

veni veni veni posted:

I think I had that AV for over a decade. I briefly thought of buying it back recently but I lost the pic and I think I like this one better. How did you find that? Does it still pop up in archives or something?

https://goons.neocities.org/?av=https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/e4/5a/00079577.0004.png&name=veni%20veni%20veni

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Pre 2010 I had this

It's me with my old Army of Two themed airsoft mask lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

okay, this is incredible

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
loving hell it even has my old beksinski avatar from like 10 years ago

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fuckin hell the old BSS hand puppet avatars. I had forgotten that completely.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Lol I've got some ancient av on there thsts just a weird old bald guy who I have no idea who it is but I'm pretty sure someone who hated me in AI gave it to me

Electromax
May 6, 2007
On Friday, I picked up Sekiro for the first time since 2021 to try and get past the boss that made me give up last time, a giant monkey freak. Two rough hours re-learning controls and mechanics, not much progress. Last night I went on a tear and beat him, then a monk, then TWO monkeys at once (From...), then a cool rooftop duel, the monk again, and finally a crazy spectacle boss. I've heard the final boss is rough but I'm finally gonna finish the game this time. It's been my shame since 2019.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

to peeps who've had the same av for a decade and are still posting, you know who you is :kiss:

old soldiers, wherever they are ; )

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Electromax posted:

On Friday, I picked up Sekiro for the first time since 2021 to try and get past the boss that made me give up last time, a giant monkey freak. Two rough hours re-learning controls and mechanics, not much progress. Last night I went on a tear and beat him, then a monk, then TWO monkeys at once (From...), then a cool rooftop duel, the monk again, and finally a crazy spectacle boss. I've heard the final boss is rough but I'm finally gonna finish the game this time. It's been my shame since 2019.

hell yes. hesitation is defeat!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

to peeps who've had the same av for a decade and are still posting, you know who you is :kiss:

I’m not sure what it says about me that I can probably name about 75% of the usernames associated with those without even thinking about it (other than you have 25% more knowledge than me). That was almost as much fun as those old “guess the game from the screenshot” threads I made/contributed to years ago.

And yes that’s the same site I was using to find veni and your old avs.

Finally I have tangentially contributed something interesting to a PS thread after 15 years

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

in it, voted 5

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

drat what a post. Rip to the old ones :patriot:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Arist posted:

in it, voted 5

Same ;)

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

old soldiers, wherever they are ;

Lol. Used to use this one on a different forum..... hmm, i wonder....

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
lol and i do mean lmao

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1710971304277430554?t=qjgNqp57Jj6zJSzTD5AaqA&s=19

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I don’t believe it, but it would perfectly fitting.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

If I start up a new game of Cyberpunk, about how long will it take before I can start Phantom Liberty? I just picked it up for an hour or two last night to make sure the new gaming PC was stable, just got to that bit where you rescue the lady who gets picked up by Trauma Team and oof I can't wait for Jackie to eat it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Phenotype posted:

If I start up a new game of Cyberpunk, about how long will it take before I can start Phantom Liberty? I just picked it up for an hour or two last night to make sure the new gaming PC was stable, just got to that bit where you rescue the lady who gets picked up by Trauma Team and oof I can't wait for Jackie to eat it.

You have to do everything up through Pacifica.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Phenotype posted:

pretty long, though you can rush the questline that unlocks it if you know which one it is beforehand (spoiler) it's Judy Alvarez/Evelyn Parker's questline

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Lol BP yeah I remember that avatar. I won it for guessing the correct number of gently caress ups in a Mega Man Battle Network let's play.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I have a very specific and unimportant brand, ok!?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I think I probably just barely missed the 10 yr cutoff for this one

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I've had this avatar for 18 years :corsair:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

some of those i just grabbed because they were early PS4 thread regulars. some people have jumped ship over the years, but a number are still around

one of the earliest notable online PS console threads i can still find is the PS3 memory card adapter mail chain thread by Pliable, a lovely innovation and early example of gamer ingenuity dating back to early 2007, just months after the PS3 launch in late 2006. in that thread about 30 PS3 goons mailed 3 memory card adapters (a 1-time-use piece of expensive hardware!) between themselves in order to keep the dream of PSX/PS2 gamesaves alive. i still have PSN friends from that time (and indeed both received *with added yoda swag* and sent the fabled "OG adapter") though it's worth noting that PS megathreads were a little different before PSN existed (not as much thread continuity, cross linking, archiving), and indeed the PSN community was a bit late to the scene. other early PS threads include the consistently updated "PSone Classics on PSN thread" by Buffis in mid 2008, and the "PS3 goon database" by weapey around that same time, an external site that lasted until 2010. Muffins had a general hardware megathread that looked practically modern by today's standards around september 2008, and I recall being a seasoned Warhawk player around that time, balls deep into one of the expansions.

some PS3 alumni according to my memory and friends list with their current avs, some of whom still post here! :hellyeah:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 8, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix posted:

I have a very specific and unimportant brand, ok!?

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I think I probably just barely missed the 10 yr cutoff for this one

Volte posted:

I've had this avatar for 18 years :corsair:

y'all been keepin it real forever imo

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Probably is time for a change anyhow. Besides not wanting this covid gangtag anymore.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

some of those i just grabbed because they were early PS4 thread regulars. some people have jumped ship over the years, but a number are still around

one of the earliest notable online PS console threads i can still find is the PS3 memory card adapter mail chain thread by Pliable, a lovely innovation and early example of gamer ingenuity dating back to early 2007, just months after the PS3 launch in late 2006. in that thread about 30 PS3 goons mailed 3 memory card adapters (a 1-time-use piece of expensive hardware!) between themselves in order to keep the dream of PSX/PS2 gamesaves alive. i still have PSN friends from that time (and indeed both received *with added yoda swag* and sent the fabled "OG adapter") though it's worth noting that PS megathreads were a little different before PSN existed (not as much thread continuity, cross linking, archiving), and indeed the PSN community was a bit late to the scene. other early PS threads include the consistently updated "PSone Classics on PSN thread" by Buffis in mid 2008, and the "PS3 goon database" by weapey around that same time, an external site that lasted until 2010. Muffins had a general hardware megathread that looked practically modern by today's standards around september 2008, and I recall being a seasoned Warhawk player around that time, balls deep into one of the expansions.

some PS3 alumni according to my memory and friends list with their current avs, some of whom still post here! :hellyeah:

I also miss the PS3 account sharing thread where 5 of us could share one PSN account and basically get games for 1/5 the price.

Despite having probably read every post in the PS3/4/5 threads I just don't post enough to make any of this cool AV memories... Mostly because the thread moves fast for my busy life and I would see things I really wanted to respond to but by the time I caught up on the thread whatever interesting thing I had to say was now from 1000 posts ago.

Frankly I blame you, old thread enemy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm too cheap to change avatar and I'm also too proud of having giffed this thing myself down to avatar size.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Modern Warfare III beta is really fun and it plays great, but it's also transporting me right back to 2009, which is wild. I'm remembering people I was talking to back then, music I was listening to while playing these maps originally, stuff I was watching around that time, etc. It's seriously like I've returned to that PS3/360 era.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hal Insandenza posted:

Frankly I blame you, old thread enemy.

:getin:

You're a good poster, and I love that you're here.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Killzone 2 and MAG crew represent!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Oh wow, I almost completely forgot about MAG.

Thinking back to that time reminded me of Warhawk and people worrying about the drop ship when it got added until we realized you could down it with 4 sniper rounds. Which I think got patched but I can't remember for certain.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Man, Baldurs Gate is just so daunting to play as an adult with kids and responsibilities. Just an absolute beast of interactions and systems and poo poo all the time. I'm still unclear how the spell slot system works.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

PS5 could use another MAG and Warhawk. They want that GaaS forever game nonsense, there are your franchises.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Man, Baldurs Gate is just so daunting to play as an adult with kids and responsibilities. Just an absolute beast of interactions and systems and poo poo all the time. I'm still unclear how the spell slot system works.

It's honestly pretty straightforward. It's kind of like ammunition.

You have (x) spell slots per level. Every spell has a minimum level and can only use spell slots of that level or higher. No matter what spell you cast, it takes up one 'shot'. Using a higher level slot with a lower level spell makes the spell more powerful in most situations. Spell slots only recover after a Long Rest normally but there are skills/potions/items that can get them back in other situations.

The except is Cantrip spells which can be cast as often as you like.

Basically you have (x) shots a day and can use them with whatever spell you want as long as it reaches the minimum slot level.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The other exception is Warlock spells, which I never played enough of to fully grok. Something about only getting your highest casting level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fix posted:

The other exception is Warlock spells, which I never played enough of to fully grok. Something about only getting your highest casting level?

Yeah, Warlock only has the highest level spell slot they can have, but their spells refresh on Short Rest instead of Long Rest and they have access to Eldritch Blast which is a cantrip which is basically a catch-all good-for-everything damage spell. They sacrifice flexibility in exchange for having more reliable sources of damage. (and EB is honestly a top tier spell for most combat encounters and if you want you can spec them into being a melee/caster hybrid.)