Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
It's going to be really funny if the O's/Dodgers/Braves all get eliminated, and especially if the Astros get eliminated and the MLB has to sit around having to figure out what to do with all their marketing plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

bawfuls posted:

I mean they did score more runs this year than any Dodgers team since the move to LA so getting shut out is not exactly on-brand

And there’s no way Kersh lets this be his last game, he’d be mad at himself the rest of his life.

I hope he dies mad

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I want to see him pitch in Philly so bad for game 4

I thought the Strider fan comment was sarcasm

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pobrecito posted:

It's going to be really funny if the O's/Dodgers/Braves all get eliminated, and especially if the Astros get eliminated and the MLB has to sit around having to figure out what to do with all their marketing plans.

Luckily for Manfred, both Florida teams got eliminated early.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Red posted:

I thought the Strider fan comment was sarcasm

Yeah, that's how a lot of people that know Strider took it.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

zoux posted:

Every home team lost yesterday except your Houston Astros, who had a losing record at home in the regular season and somewhat famously went 0-4 at home in the '19 WS. I don't know what this portends.

Cans are in postseason form

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

Yeah, that's how a lot of people that know Strider took it.

I'm not sure he gets sarcasm

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARNlp3AoeSA

Jomboy went full CSI on the catcher's interference and lol the bat hit one of the glove strings? Kinda weak

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The entire AL East was a joke this year but people thinking this mediocre orioles team was really going anywhere in the playoffs is just funny man.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Goodnight sweet birds

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Are the AL East the most fraudulent division in baseball history?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I still believe in the O's

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Kirios posted:

Are the AL East the most fraudulent division in baseball history?

I can speak only for the Jays, who are most definitely frauds.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean the Rays sure seem like postseason frauds at least

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

I still believe in the O's

I believe in them next year

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Walked posted:

I believe in them next year

This is what I said a few pages back. It's hard to make the playoffs for the first time in a long time and go all the way.

A likely Rangers-Astros ALCS sucks real bad though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Intruder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARNlp3AoeSA

Jomboy went full CSI on the catcher's interference and lol the bat hit one of the glove strings? Kinda weak

The braves didn’t score any runs so it’s irrelevant

Not arguing with you just commenting

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

lol

https://twitter.com/SlangsOnSports/status/1711163709614166369?s=20

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well you can say pitching around Corey Seager worked because the Rangers only scored *checks notes* …11 runs?!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

triple sulk posted:

This is what I said a few pages back. It's hard to make the playoffs for the first time in a long time and go all the way.

Baseball loves to give the majority of fans what they don't want

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
It's going to be really funny if the first sweep of the year for the O's happens in the ALDS.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Pobrecito posted:

It's going to be really funny if the first sweep of the year for the O's happens in the ALDS.

Ah I forgot about that. It will happen

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Lopez has this. Taking this back to Minneapolis tied and with a starter advantage.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The good ship Oriole has hit an iceberg, rip

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

At least they did me the courtesy of sucking out the gate so I never really had the time to get my hopes up. Fun season nonetheless, I guess let's see if they can continue not sucking next year.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

triple sulk posted:

This is where I'm at, moment is too big for the young guys and if they make it back they won't have the same mental baggage. Grayson needs a sports psychologist or hypnosis or something, John needs to open up the wallet on FA and frankly Hyde isn't a tactical genius.

That being said if they can get the pitching under control and the bat's stay awake they still have a shot.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 9, 2023

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Kid behind me at the Target Field watch party shouted "USA! USA!" after that double. His older brother tried to correct him. I had to restrain myself from telling him that as Correa is Puerto Rican, his little brother was correct.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
We have a chance

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1711168007379259750

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
A Rangers-Astros ALCS would be really fun

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Otoh the Astros getting dumped in the garbage would be cool and neat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A Rangers/Astros ALCS would be more time for Halloween movies for me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Otoh the Astros getting dumped in the garbage would be cool and neat.

Preach

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
If the Minnesota wins, it'd be the first ALCS without the Astros since 2016. And it's already probably going to be the first one without an AL East team since 2011.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

MrMidnight posted:

Baseball loves to give the majority of fans what they don't want
its true, this is why the Dodgers have won 6 of the last 10 World Series

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

General Dog posted:

A Rangers-Astros ALCS would be really fun

no it wouldn't

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

maruhkati posted:

Lopez has this. Taking this back to Minneapolis tied and with a starter advantage.

Yeah Gray vs Javier is a pretty massive advantage for the Twins

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1711043093963944226?s=20

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
The AL East hasn't gone 0-6 so far in the postseason the AL East aren't frauds the :negative:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

My dad was telling me his memories of this game and series as we walked back to the car last night. A good Magic tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Dodgers have decimated Gallen this season so there's that to feel good about (granted it was only two games)