Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

tiny trucks are going to make a comeback in the us heavens willing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

speng31b posted:

i hope we let the big trucks collapse big truck

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

LuxuryLarva posted:

How do I get a light truck - like the kind the Taliban drives. I want it used with no loving spyware computer poo poo in it and a tapedeck. Manual transmission is fine. Single cab with seats that slide forward so I can put my tools behind them. If I get one that's old enough so I don't have to smog check it are there places that can fix it up and maybe even make its parts even slightly modern? I don't know what my options are. Should I get a van instead? I want to carry around tools for work without tweakers stealing all my poo poo.

https://www.kansas.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/dion-lefler/article274837471.html

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Microcars would make a good Technical for dense urban areas, like Taiwaan

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

speng31b posted:

no they won’t lol

It’s only a matter of time before they crack down on the grey market kei trucks

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

speng31b posted:

Not until we can address America's "small penis" problem.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

cat botherer posted:

no they won’t lol

It’s only a matter of time before they crack down on the grey market kei trucks

https://www.theautopian.com/georgia-hammers-down-on-imported-cars-as-it-reminds-officials-to-ban-the-titling-of-japanese-kei-trucks/

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

evil_bunnY posted:

In 'straya and NZ there's a bunch. Here it's all eurovans (sprinters and cheaper equivalents). Construction assholes are starting to get US pickups more and more and I can't wait til they get taxed into the loving ground.

There is nothing you don't already know about a Dodge pickup owner in Sweden.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Couple of my neighbors have been buying kei trucks, which are a whole thing to import into the US, to show how much there's a desire for small trucks. There's so many 90s toyota tacomas and rangers that people are lovingly keeping in shape as well.

There's a desire but truck makers don't make as big of a profit off of them which is why theyll never come back.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

There's a desire but truck makers don't make as big of a profit off of them which is why theyll never come back.

CAFE made small trucks and big sedans illegal.

Vehicles are allowed to be less efficient when their "footprint" or area surrounded by wheels is larger. Trucks are also allowed to be less efficient than sedans.

Smaller trucks are still bad on gas because they're tall and not aero, but aren't allowed to be bad on gas because they're not huge.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Got a friend who’s got an old green pickup that’s old enough to be Datsun instead of Nissan. He keeps a bunch of empty coors cans in the bed for the aesthetic even though he doesn’t drink

mystes
May 31, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

Couple of my neighbors have been buying kei trucks, which are a whole thing to import into the US, to show how much there's a desire for small trucks. There's so many 90s toyota tacomas and rangers that people are lovingly keeping in shape as well.

If there was really that much demand for smaller trucks, car companies could simply sell them at similar prices to bigger trucks and make even more profit though.

Probably the reason that's not happening is that once the prices are high enough, most people who would be buying smaller trucks for real work will be happy switching to vans.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Lol idiot Americans, those are 2.5 ton landcruisers.

Twerk from Home posted:

Smaller trucks are still bad on gas because they're tall and not aero, but aren't allowed to be bad on gas because they're not huge.

Hashtag Girlboss's friends truck for example is probably less than 5 feet tall, only a few inches taller than a Corolla from the same era and with virtually the same front end shape. Presuming 2wd. Pretty popular in the states to easily significantly lower them too. It also weighs half what those landcruisers do.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm looking for a kei トラック (truck). It can't be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be exactly 2 seki (thats japanese for 2 seats) and has be be chibi(small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about $10-20k. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii [cute]). And it would be nice if it came with matching bed cover (WITH tow hitch). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of steel, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a truck similar to the one im describing in e-bay motors, but it was 4 seki (XLT Crew Cab) with a small kotoba (bed), and i dont want my ni x shi (2x4s) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus a small cab looks more kawaii).

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

eXXon posted:

I'm looking for a kei トラック (truck). It can't be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be exactly 2 seki (thats japanese for 2 seats) and has be be chibi(small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about $10-20k. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii [cute]). And it would be nice if it came with matching bed cover (WITH tow hitch). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of steel, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a truck similar to the one im describing in e-bay motors, but it was 4 seki (XLT Crew Cab) with a small kotoba (bed), and i dont want my ni x shi (2x4s) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus a small cab looks more kawaii).

holy poo poo

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
toyota should just make a 2 seater prius with the back roof removed. easy, done

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

eXXon posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

eXXon posted:

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

eXXon posted:

mystes
May 31, 2006

eXXon posted:

lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

eXXon posted:

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Weka posted:

Lol idiot Americans, those are 2.5 ton landcruisers.

Hashtag Girlboss's friends truck for example is probably less than 5 feet tall, only a few inches taller than a Corolla from the same era and with virtually the same front end shape. Presuming 2wd. Pretty popular in the states to easily significantly lower them too. It also weighs half what those landcruisers do.

How does a 2.5 ton Toyota Land Cruiser compare as a gun platform vs a Ford F-250?

The choice of a single rear wheel model is interesting, I wonder how it rides. I think it's gas also? I don't see a Powerstroke badge.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

eXXon posted:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Twerk from Home posted:

How does a 2.5 ton Toyota Land Cruiser compare as a gun platform vs a Ford F-250?

The choice of a single rear wheel model is interesting, I wonder how it rides. I think it's gas also? I don't see a Powerstroke badge.

Friendship ended with pickup.

Paraglider technical is new best friend.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

eXXon posted:

lmao

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

eXXon posted:

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

eXXon posted:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

eXXon posted:

Is this an original exxon or a syq

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

Original is loving ancient internet history (maybe as early as 2000) and the poster wanted a bento box

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

silicone thrills posted:

It’s based on an old copypasta about a bento box.

I’m assuming that the edits to fit the topic are eXXon originals.

quote:

I'm looking for a bento box, it cant be pinku (that's Japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more kotoba (that's Japanese for 2 compartments) and has be be chibi (small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about 10-20 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii [cute]). And it would be nice if it came with matching chopstick holder (WITH chopsticks). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of ceramic, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (Korea) or whatever. I have found a bento box similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was 1 kotoba, and i don't want my gohan (rice) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus 2 compartments looks more kawaii)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

someone 20some? years ago posted:

Im looking for a Bento Box, it cant be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more kotoba (thats japanese for 2 compartments) and has be be chibi (small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about 10-20 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii (cute)). And it would be nice if it came with matching chopstick holder (WITH chopsticks). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of ceramic, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a Bento Box similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was 1 kotoba, and i dont want my gohan (rice) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus 2 compartments looks more kawaii)

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

they should make cars out of ceramic

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

corona familiar posted:

they should make cars out of ceramic

they should make cars with two kotoba (compartments) so you don’t have to hear your kodomo (children) fighting in the backseat

mystes
May 31, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

they should make cars with two kotoba (compartments) so you don’t have to hear your kodomo (children) fighting in the backseat
That's why you put your chirudoren in the toranku

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

eXXon posted:

lmfao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

they should make cars out of freaking dynamite!!! (too dangerous)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

More cars will save us, gotta change the system from within

summoning a small car to ferry to my larger car so i can go to the store like the wd40 scene in king of the hill

smarxist has issued a correction as of 03:03 on Oct 9, 2023

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

if we just absolutely have to have tons, lots, incredible amounts of cars I'd rather see existing ones converted to EV than trashed, but, well *gestures broadly* lol,lmao :eng99:

also $500 and some batteries is an unfortunate reduction of the situation, the batteries are $$$$$ if you want to actually get anywhere/move any amount of goods which is what many people use vehicles for

eXXon posted:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Have you see this stupid loving Commercial!
It's like the only thing worse than showing how horrible traffic is, Is not having people go filling up the empty office spaces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InkIPEx8UuY

gently caress all loving cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Have you see this stupid loving Commercial!
It's like the only thing worse than showing how horrible traffic is, Is not having people go filling up the empty office spaces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InkIPEx8UuY

gently caress all loving cars.
I appreciate realism in car ads. It should be like warnings on cigarette boxes and car ads should be legally required to show people tuck in traffic. None of this single car winding along beautiful empty roads bullshit.