Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

two days in, Hamas still winning, incredible

woke up moisturized, in my lane, thriving, love is love, the sun rises and gaza is still palestinian.

also hasanabi with a banger clip:-

https://twitter.com/olivr_wtf/status/1711164986553491703?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Hasan's a good egg.:hai: He played this clip from the late great Michael Brooks earlier today (maybe yesterday?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62I61kBahNY

I miss Michael. RIP king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Bro you post in the Ukraine thread every day and you're asking why the most self-entitled people in the world want to do something stupid that they're not materially capable of.

Yeah if you're comparing it to Ukraine this is like 2014.

A lovely useless military mobilized, got their teeth kicked in, and was being rebuilt for 8 years after.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

wow they seem p bad at this

we should give them more guns

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

CLAM DOWN posted:

we should give them more guns

with how much friendly fire is going on, maybe not the worst idea

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

israeli soldiers mowing down settlers and each other in a panic as their vaunted air force levels random hospitals miles away from the fighting

the US, seeing two 155mm shells and a mothball left in the pantry, immediately threatens Iran

won't even get to lose a carrier group in the pacific at this rate, shameful

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ardennes posted:

They seemed to be phoning in for years now, probably a combination of nepotism and brain drain.

Even before the war it seems like their artillery corps have been atrophied over the years,

There is also the structure of the IDF ground force which is an issue. While on paper, it is often claimed it is a "half a million" strong force. In reality, it is about 325k of reservists (which get about a month of refresher courses a year), and 100-125k active duty with 50-60% of them being annual conscriptions. The actual full time professional force on the ground may actually be 50-60k which honestly isn't much considering the potential threats they are facing and that their back up may be completely green or practically civilians.

Weak artillery force + reservists and conscripts = not going anywhere under fire.

I don't know what the defences of Gaza are like, but once those guys get pinned down I don't know how anyone is going to get them up and moving again.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FallenGod posted:

israeli soldiers mowing down settlers and each other in a panic as their vaunted air force levels random hospitals miles away from the fighting

the US, seeing two 155mm shells and a mothball left in the pantry, immediately threatens Iran

won't even get to lose a carrier group in the pacific at this rate, shameful

The carrier group is probably too short manned to deploy to a theatre anyway.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

drat israel should surrender and turn into a single democratic state of palestine

+1 from me.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

smarxist posted:

poor kirby eating a 24hour for saying "war is bad" in the GBS thread like an hour before it got gassed for being universally terrible lol

Oh man, I really wanted to read Chinatown's analysis of this crisis.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

WaryWarren posted:

Oh man, I really wanted to read Chinatown's analysis of this crisis.

lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

Weak artillery force + reservists and conscripts = not going anywhere under fire.

I don't know what the defences of Gaza are like, but once those guys get pinned down I don't know how anyone is going to get them up and moving again.

defenses in Gaza are almost certainly more extensive than they were in 2014. they’ve had 9 years to dig more tunnels.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
oop

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

drat israel should surrender and turn into a single democratic state of palestine

DPR Palestine

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

This is the greatest victory for a colonized people since Điện Biên Phủ or Afabet

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

webcams for christ posted:

for all of you waiting on baited breath for the Mennonite Central Committee to weigh in:

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1711068515455627398

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis/status/1711157219859878365?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Yanis is on a roll holy poo poo

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Bro you post in the Ukraine thread every day and you're asking why the most self-entitled people in the world want to do something stupid that they're not materially capable of.

Israel doesn’t have to strategic depth of Ukraine and in all honesty if they slava themselves they don’t have a lot to fall back on.

Yeah the prisoners are probably a factor, but at the same time, it is also about payload. It is one thing to knock down “strategic” targets it is another thing to actually level a urban area.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yanis was good too when Russian military moved into Ukraine.

Guess he got better over the years, or maybe he was always good on anti-war and geopolitics.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

two days in, Hamas still winning, incredible

woke up moisturized, in my lane, thriving, love is love, the sun rises and gaza is still palestinian.

also hasanabi with a banger clip:-

https://twitter.com/olivr_wtf/status/1711164986553491703?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

i dont know hasan abi that well but that's a feel good clip

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ardennes posted:

Israel doesn’t have to strategic depth of Ukraine and in all honesty if they slava themselves they don’t have a lot to fall back on.

Yeah the prisoners are probably a factor, but at the same time, it is also about payload. It is one thing to knock down “strategic” targets it is another thing to actually level a urban area.

This is the biggest humiliation in Israel's history, even worse than the Yom Kippur War because at least then the IDF was caught off guard by actual state militaries instead of prisoners with smuggled weapons. You still expect cooler heads to prevail in Israel and that they're going to walk back a commitment for revenge?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yanis ftw

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ardennes posted:

Though the spectre of nukes hangs over the whole thing unlike Ukraine

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is the biggest humiliation in Israel's history, even worse than the Yom Kippur War because at least then the IDF was caught off guard by actual state militaries instead of prisoners with smuggled weapons. You still expect cooler heads to prevail in Israel and that they're going to walk back a commitment for revenge?

It isn’t about cooler heads but the ability for Israel to get involved in a grinding 2+ front war with the obvious state of their military.

Also, Israel isn’t going to use nukes over Gaza.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Adults in the Room goes through great lengths to show the average lib reader that their worldview is absolutely hosed. Yanis rules

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Israel nuking what they say is their own territory seems very grim

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i wonder if israel even has the munitions available to level gaza (this would be a pretty massive amount of explosives) especially after sending a whole lot of them to ukraine

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
also unlike those losers and failures in the arab militaries Hamas actually managed to stay on the offensive and liberate lands inside 48 borders; its not just a humiliation is a historic rout of the IDF

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

smarxist posted:

i'm a humble servant of God and an englishman before i serve any nation

ff alt spotted

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Gal Gadots people probably already have a movie Greenlit for raver girl.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anyone from d&d going to enlist w/ israel ?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ardennes posted:

It isn’t about cooler heads but the ability for Israel to get involved in a grinding 2+ front war with the obvious state of their military

Yeah but you keep talking about it like it's not going to happen. Israelis will get themselves into a two front war and they will lose.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah but you keep talking about it like it's not going to happen. Israelis will get themselves into a two front war and they will lose.

...inshallah?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

KomradeX posted:

If Israel nukes even Lebanon they’re dead from contamination

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PawParole posted:

If Israel nukes even Lebanon they’re dead from contamination

i don't think many people realize how small that area is lol

that would blind israelis in ashdod

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Grem posted:

I'm gonna get personal and probably really depressed here, but I teach 7th and 8th grade social studies and this is depressing the gently caress out of me. I deal with the attitude that leads to having a rave next door to a concentration camp. I deal with kids that say "who cares" and "why do we have to learn this" non-stop. Palestine invading Israel is literally the most predictable poo poo for anyone who's paying attention. I don't even feel like I can bring this into the classroom, but I feel like I REALLY should, because I bet at least half of those idiots at the rave thought "well this will never effect me, so gently caress it" during their social studies classes, too. It's all so dire, man, the fascists are going to win because it's easier to be stupid and comfortable than properly educated and involved.

teaching anything to little shits is always going to get depressing no matter the topic or subject.

unless you can connect how this knowledge will help them to make sense of the world and survive in it, you're always going to have a hard time.

"who cares?"

"you should, because these are the conditions that can cause it to happen to you. and if you don't, i'm going yell at you little shits and/or you're going to be socially ostracized."

alternatively, "cause if you don't learn it. i'm failing all you assholes." they'll hopefully figure out why it was important later.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it's also the case that Israel would have to be fighting to reoccupy land that Hamas has liberated, before even being able to enter Gaza

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Oglethorpe posted:

i dont know hasan abi that well but that's a feel good clip

95% of his streams is singling out people with bad takes in his chat and screaming at them for about 20 minutes.

the other 5% is him screaming at people in his chat for being "annoying"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Too Many Birds posted:

95% of his streams is singling out people with bad takes in his chat and screaming at them for about 20 minutes.

is that not what CSPAM threads are about, as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

also unlike those losers and failures in the arab militaries Hamas actually managed to stay on the offensive and liberate lands inside 48 borders; its not just a humiliation is a historic rout of the IDF

FF is going to yell at you about John Bagot Glubb