Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

fizzy posted:

Good news for Ukraine - The US is giving Israel all the help it needs.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/us-giving-israel-all-the-help-it-needs-senator-schumer-says/

US giving Israel all the help it needs, Senator Schumer says
By AP
Today, 8:21 am

Americans are arriving just in time to bipartisanly give Israel bombs for blowing up apartment complexes. That sounds about right.

All the Western governments gave the 👍 to end it once and for all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm also wondering if the entire US military being a grift at this point means that they can't even reliably get guns to their death squads anymore

Bad news for the optimism of Ghost Leviathan - The history of empires suggests that a decaying empire can still remain viable for a long period of time past their best-by date.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i still havent seen an official statement from the DPRK but you know its going to be good

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

they don't even recognize israeli city names. they go hard

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Hamas - The Israel Defense Forces says it is continuing to strike Palestinian terrorists infiltrating into Israel through the porous Gaza border.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-continues-to-strike-terrorists-pouring-into-israel-over-damaged-border/

IDF continues to strike terrorists pouring into Israel over damaged border
By EMANUEL FABIAN
10min ago

The Israel Defense Forces says it is continuing to strike Palestinian terrorists infiltrating into Israel through the porous Gaza border.

Israel’s security barrier with the Gaza Strip has been heavily damaged since Hamas launched its attack on southern Israel, allowing terrorists to infiltrate.

The IDF publishes footage of several airstrikes against terrorists who were crossing into Israel overnight.

The military believes there are many terrorists still in Israeli territory since the initial invasion on Saturday morning, and others still trying to infiltrate.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unpleasant news for residents of Sderot - The Sderot municipality orders residents of the town to remain locked in their homes due to “fears of a security incident.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/sderot-residents-told-to-stay-in-their-homes-due-to-infiltration-fears/

Sderot residents told to stay in their homes due to infiltration fears
By EMANUEL FABIAN
5min ago

The Sderot municipality orders residents of the town to remain locked in their homes due to “fears of a security incident.”

In a statement to residents, the municipality says: “You must lock yourself in your houses immediately, lock doors and windows, and do not open to any stranger.”

The announcement comes as troops seek to clear Hamas terrorists out of Israeli territory after they infiltrated from the Gaza Strip over the past two days.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for the stability of the shekel - Israel’s central bank says it will sell up to $30 billion in foreign exchange to prop up the shekel currency following market uncertainty in the wake of Hamas’s incursion from the Gaza Strip.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israel-moves-to-prop-up-shekel-amid-market-uncertainty/

Israel moves to prop up shekel amid market uncertainty
By AP and TOI STAFF
8:55 am

Israel’s central bank says it will sell up to $30 billion in foreign exchange to prop up the shekel currency following market uncertainty in the wake of Hamas’s incursion from the Gaza Strip.

The central bank issues a statement announcing the plan, saying it “will operate in the market during the coming period in order to moderate volatility in the shekel exchange rate and to provide the necessary liquidity for the continued proper functioning of the markets.”

It adds that it will provide additional liquidity of up to $15 billion in the market as well.

The move comes as the shekel falls to a near eight-year low against the US dollar in early trading today.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

fizzy posted:

Bad news for the optimism of Ghost Leviathan - The history of empires suggests that a decaying empire can still remain viable for a long period of time past their best-by date.

meh, rome only had lead pipes and incest. our failsons have the internet. I bet america can speedrun total imperial collapse in less than a decade. it's a real loose confederation of fairly disparate states, united only by a mostly common language and racism as it is

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Goon Boots posted:

hamas is waiting for the carrier strike group to get closer so they can spam it with speed boats like in that one war games the us did

zerg rush ftw

Afterwards Abu Obaida takes off his keffyiah and reveals himself to be General Paul Van Riper

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for the career of Francesca Albanese, UN Special Rapporteur on the occupied Palestinian territories - Francesca Albanese, UN Special Rapporteur on the occupied Palestinian territories, is am horrified by the narrative because it is possible, and necessary, to stand both with the Palestinians and the Israelis without resorting to ethical relativism, to selective outrage or worse, calls for violence

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/9/israel-hamas-war-live-news-gaza-under-non-stop-bombardment

‘It’s possible to stand with both’: UN official
4m ago (05:54 GMT)

Francesca Albanese, UN Special Rapporteur on the occupied Palestinian territories, warns of a dangerous narrative taking shape around the ongoing conflict.

“I am totally petrified, I am shocked and applauded by the violence, But before anything else, I am horrified by the narrative because it is possible, and necessary, to stand both with the Palestinians and the Israelis without resorting to ethical relativism, to selective outrage or worse, calls for violence,” Albanese told Al Jazeera.

“Policy makers should prioritise restoring legality and accountability, and restoring diplomacy and peace, rather that advocating for more violence or standing with one side or the other,” she added.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

It's Day 3 now and Hamas is still getting infiltrators into Israel.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for certain members of the current government who belong to Israeli right-wing parties - Former prime minister and current leader of the opposition, Yair Lapid, has reportedly said that he is willing to join political forces with Netanyahu, if certain members of the current government who belong to right-wing parties are forced to resign from their position.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/9/israel-hamas-war-live-news-gaza-under-non-stop-bombardment

Yair Lapid sets condition before joining emergency unity government
6m ago (05:52 GMT)

Former prime minister and current leader of the opposition, Yair Lapid, has expressed willingness to join an emergency unity government as Israel has declared war with Hamas, our Al Jazeera correspondent, Willem Marx, is reporting from West Jerusalem.

Lapid has reportedly said that he is willing to join political forces with Netanyahu, if certain members of the current government who belong to right-wing parties are forced to resign from their position.

“It is worth noting the Benjamin Netanyahu retains a very narrow majority in Israel’s parliament, the Knesset,” Marx said, adding that former defence minister Benny Gantz is also set to hold talks with members of the Likud Party later on Monday to discuss the possibility of him also joining the government.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Is that bad?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

they don't even recognize israeli city names. they go hard

lol

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for the vaunted prowess of the Israeli Defence Force - “It’s taking more time than we expected to get things back into a defensive, security posture,” Israeli military spokesperson Richard Hecht told a briefing with journalists.

Battle with Hamas fighters taking longer than expected: Israeli army
42m ago (05:20 GMT)

Israeli forces are battling Hamas fighters at seven to eight points outside the Gaza Strip, an Israeli military spokesperson says.

“It’s taking more time than we expected to get things back into a defensive, security posture,” Richard Hecht told a briefing with journalists.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

fizzy posted:

‘It’s possible to stand with both’: UN official

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
shocked and applauded by the lack of status quo killings also

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for residents of Gaza towns - The skies over Gaza are full of Israeli fighter jets and drones. Some towns in the Gaza Strip, in particular Beit Hanoon [known as Erez to Israelis], has seen non-stop bombardment for more than an hour.

‘Non-stop bombardment’ of Gaza towns: AJ correspondent
1h ago (04:53 GMT)

Al Jazeera’s Tareq Abu Azzoum, reporting from Gaza City, says Israeli forces have intensified their bombing of the besieged Palestinian enclave in the last couple of hours.

“The skies over Gaza are full of Israeli fighter jets and drones. Some towns in the Gaza Strip, in particular Beit Hanoon [known as Erez to Israelis], has seen non-stop bombardment for more than an hour,” he said, as the sound of explosions rang out behind him and clouds of smoke rose into the sky.

The exact number of casualties was not clear as medical teams were unable to access the affected areas, Abu Azzoum said, adding that Israeli forces were likely pursuing a scorched earth policy to facilitate a ground invasion of Gaza.

Palestinian groups have also launched a barrage of rockets into southern Israel, he added.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for fans of live coverage - Al Jazeera will bring us developments from Israel, the occupied Palestinian territory and responses from around the world throughout the day.

Welcome to our live coverage
1h ago (04:52 GMT)

Hello and welcome to our live coverage of the war between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas group.

We will bring you developments from Israel, the occupied Palestinian territory and responses from around the world throughout the day.

Stay with us.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/business/status/1711261296962793720?s=20

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I need to speak with the CCP’s manager!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Hamas still infiltrating and executing operations in Sderat

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1711259454908375442

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1711262348567065045

Morbus
May 18, 2004

lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I need to speak with the CCP’s manager!

lol americans are so completely owned by china they are going to start to realize that all they can do is whine to the next superpower. the way of the british.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

hamas loving whooped israels rear end holy poo poo

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/cirnosad/status/1711047717181661322

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

oh no not chuck schumer

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
the US will do anything for Israel

right after it elects a house speaker

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1711253511063621721

I want this to be true so badly. Imagine the panic if Israel can't bomb hospitals unmolested.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

fizzy posted:

Sad news for fizzy - All fizzy ever wanted was to post good news and bad news evenhandedly in the Ukraine threads, so that all posters could form their views on an informed basis.

You're a welcome addition here, fizzy :hfive:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

wow...illegal immigrants stealing peoples jobs again

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

PhilippAchtel posted:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

hamas loving whooped israels rear end holy poo poo

:unsmith:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i believe 10/11 is gonna be the new 9/11. if I am wrong please use this post to mock/bully me out of the thread mercilessly

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

PhilippAchtel posted:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

sir this is a wendys

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 07:35 on Oct 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

it's funny that people who are self-described pro palestine literally do not have the ability to conceptualize a world in which the palestinians win their own freedom with their own hands and tut tut that by not accepting their own deaths with dignity, they have doomed themselves

with friends like these