Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Tighclops posted:

Who had the best '90s hair from '90s Star Trek

I'm going with Tasha Yar's hot sister

Worf with dat braid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Tighclops posted:

Makeup test Jeri-Curk Geordie.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Pulaski seems like someone that spent quite a bit of time on her hair.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Sedgr posted:

Pulaski seems like someone that spent quite a bit of time on her hair.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Duras Sisters

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tighclops posted:

Also best use of a lycra onesie

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That is some good hair

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

McSpanky posted:

sometimes I forget how lucky I was to grow up watching this

redshirt posted:

Duras Sisters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7C1_po15hw

I would.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tighclops posted:

sometimes I forget how lucky I was to grow up watching this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7C1_po15hw

I would.

Wow, That new TNT is raunchy and non-PC!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the 90s was so cringe

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

to clarify, that is in reference to the commercial, not the incredible hairstyling

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Powered Descent posted:

"Please state the nature of the babysitting emergency."

The crew needs an expert on child development. Each time they try to bring up a hologram of Dr. Spock they get Ambassador Spock.

(The show cannot afford Nimoy, we never get to see these scenes.)

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Outpost22 posted:

What if I'm a hologram?

EDIT: Oh wait that's just schizophrenia.

what if the schizophrenia is just what the holodeck was programmed to give you?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wow the crew in Enterprise is dumb as poo poo, about halfway into season 2. I'm actually not absolutely hating it like I did the tail end of Voyager but these dumbasses are like, just dropping their crazy sci-fi tech on low tech planets constantly.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

McSpanky posted:

Proto-Seven/T'pol.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I like Trip though. He's fake Brad Pitt it's cool

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Play dom-jot!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Wow the crew in Enterprise is dumb as poo poo, about halfway into season 2. I'm actually not absolutely hating it like I did the tail end of Voyager but these dumbasses are like, just dropping their crazy sci-fi tech on low tech planets constantly.

Seems like every loving time it's Malcolm or Hoshi. Mostly Malcolm.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hertzler is probably the best Klingon in the series. The more eps showing him the better they get. I'm on the Worf gets married ep and its great.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Hertzler is probably the best Klingon in the series. The more eps showing him the better they get. I'm on the Worf gets married ep and its great.

The one time Alexander was good.

"Stoke the fire again!" :black101:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Lord Hydronium posted:

I remember that much, but couldn't recall if there was some other sci-fi gimmick or if the whole plot was just the kid processing his trauma. Looking it up there was just some dangerous space stuff they had to get out of.

The kid blames himself for the destruction of the ship, because he tripped and fell against a control panel right before it blew up. When he finally admits it they basically say “LOL of course it’s not your fault, you would have had to be logged in with a Starfleet access code to have been able to hit any controls that did anything” and that’s that.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Apollodorus posted:

The kid blames himself for the destruction of the ship, because he tripped and fell against a control panel right before it blew up. When he finally admits it they basically say “LOL of course it’s not your fault, you would have had to be logged in with a Starfleet access code to have been able to hit any controls that did anything” and that’s that.

Nah, the kid totally accidentally blow up that ship, they were just lying to make him feel better. Like can you imagine starfleet actually having any safety measures that would actually prevent one of there ships blowing up for some random stupid reason?

Absurd, goes against starfleets whole ethos of "things blowing up is really cool".

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Doesn't Scotty walk up to the warp core and pop it open in Relics? The antimatter reactor that will destroy the whole ship if you mess with it is slightly less secure than a garbage can lid.

But Worf is head of security so that explains some of it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

McSpanky posted:

The one time Alexander was good.

"Stoke the fire again!" :black101:
Kind of a shame he wasn't around more in ds9

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sedgr posted:

Doesn't Scotty walk up to the warp core and pop it open in Relics? The antimatter reactor that will destroy the whole ship if you mess with it is slightly less secure than a garbage can lid.

But Worf is head of security so that explains some of it.

Scotty has seniority and the computer knows it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Kind of a shame he wasn't around more in ds9

I agree, I think there could've been something there to Alexander gradually coming into his own and finding his place in Klingon society (besides as a hapless buffoon).

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nog got an arc. Why not Alexander?

Though I suppose he did get a small tiny arc.

Never mind Jake, he's off "writing".

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

He got about as much of an arc as they could give him on a show with like 100 side characters

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tunicate posted:

Scotty has seniority and the computer knows it.

All computers give Scotty carte blanche because he showed their great great great great great great great great great grandputer a modicum of respect in the 80s

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

He got about as much of an arc as they could give him on a show with like 100 side characters

True enough, but brand new character Ezri got lots of storylines in a very brief time (which I get, but still, from a behind the scenes production aspect, such a bummer).

I'm just still amazed at Nog's arc through 7 seasons. This clearly super small time character ("Friend of Jake's) gets a full fledged arc with dedicated episodes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean don’t forget how they turn Damar from Dukat’s flunky who kills his daughter into the leader of a movement to free Cardassia from Dominion rule and who heroically sacrifices himself

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean don’t forget how they turn Damar from Dukat’s flunky who kills his daughter into the leader of a movement to free Cardassia from Dominion rule and who heroically sacrifices himself

Very true - I remember on a recent rewatch being stunned at how small of a role Damar has when he first shows up. He really was off to the sidelines for a good few episodes before he got anything, and then even longer building his character into a guy who would team up with Bajorans to fight the Founders. Top notch Trek, that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

One of the best arcs in Science Fiction. It's long and organic, but there's one moment that stands out - when Damar is shocked that the Dominion would carpet bomb Cardassian cities, killing civilians, women and children, and he asks "What kind of people would do that?" and Kira, who's listening, responds "Yeah, Damar, what kind of people would do that?"

And he's outraged, at first, but then he gets it. And he changes dramatically thereafter.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The whole part of the ending arc of the show where Kira has to train the Cardassian resistance is gold for how she gets to dunk on them all the time

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just passing that bit now with the Bashir Squad watching his televised address on the talks and Casey Briggs does a great job.

I think I'll try the Cardassians first on Infinite.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's such a good moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjd9RgRUQDY

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Big Mac posted:

Very true - I remember on a recent rewatch being stunned at how small of a role Damar has when he first shows up. He really was off to the sidelines for a good few episodes before he got anything, and then even longer building his character into a guy who would team up with Bajorans to fight the Founders. Top notch Trek, that.

Yeah he's like one of two guys with a non-speaking role just standing behind Dukat on the bridge. I guess Casey Briggs was just one of those actors who shows up on time and does the job no complaints and gradually parlayed that into a full role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

The whole part of the ending arc of the show where Kira has to train the Cardassian resistance is gold for how she gets to dunk on them all the time

Indeed. With Garak there the whole time to add another dimension to it as well.

gently caress that one Cardassian rear end in a top hat. Kira put him down eventually, I think.