Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
israel is calling up hundreds of thousands of their reservists so they can try to regaing conyrol of the situation before falling into the trap of invading gaza

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1711302982669619530?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

gradenko_2000 posted:

there's nothing to make excuses for. Israel sending settlers into occupied territory is a political, ideological act, designed to make the illegal settlements legal by fait acompli. That these people have to be shot in order to get them to leave, and for their shooting to then be used to delegitimize the liberation of the land is the entire point of putting them there.

yeah, theyre using them as human shields

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Hamas's military and political leadership including Yayha Sinwar - They are attackable, doomed. and dead men.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/hamas-leader-sinwar-is-a-dead-man-idf-spokesman-threatens/

Hamas leader Sinwar ‘is a dead man,’ IDF spokesman threatens
By EMANUEL FABIAN
13min ago

The top IDF spokesman, Rear Adm. Hagari, threatens Hamas’s leadership.

“Yahya Sinwar is the commander of the campaign, and he is a dead man,” Hagari says in a press conference.

Hamas’s “military and political leadership, all of its assets, are attackable, and doomed,” he adds.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for Israel - Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy took to Twitter on Monday to condemn the deadly attack against Israel.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-10-09/ty-article-live/at-least-700-israelis-killed-2-000-wounded-over-130-held-hostage-in-gaza

Ukraine's Zelenskyy: 'No one can forget what terrorists did in Israel'
Sam Sokol
11:57 AM

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy took to Twitter on Monday to condemn the deadly attack against Israel.

"No one can forget what terrorists did in Israel. Thousands of missiles against peaceful cities. Shot civilian cars. Men, women, and children. No one was spared. Streets in blood. Hostages. The terrorists themselves shared the footage of their atrocities and were proud of them," he wrote.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

prepare to be martyred

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

In my opinion the true victims are the innocent civilians on both sides who are caught in the crossfire

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for residents of Jerusalem and Tel Aviv - Rocket alerts sound in various locations throughout Israel, including in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/troops-kill-palestinian-terrorist-in-kfar-aza-along-border/

Rocket alerts blare in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv
59sec ago

Rocket alerts sound in various locations throughout Israel, including in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

There are no immediate reports of interceptions or impacts.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Slavyangrad posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
❗️Hamas announces the availability of the first locally developed air defense system.

Previously, only MANPADS crews were a threat to Israeli aviation in the Gaza Strip.

@Slavyangrad
(from t.me/Slavyangrad/66865, via tgsa)

probably around osa or pantsir level of range and accuracy instead of buk or s-300 that would make the jdams drop rarer

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for sites in the Gaza Strip - The Israel Defense Forces says that in the last few hours, it has struck a number of sites in the Gaza Strip belonging to the Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror groups.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-continues-to-strike-gaza-targets-and-hamas-vehicle-downs-drone/

IDF continues to strike Gaza targets and Hamas vehicle; downs drone
By EMANUEL FABIAN
11 min

The Israel Defense Forces says that in the last few hours, it has struck a number of sites in the Gaza Strip belonging to the Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror groups.

The sites include a Hamas munitions warehouse and an entrance shaft to an underground tunnel, and two Islamic Jihad war rooms, one of which was inside a mosque.

The IDF says it has also struck a Hamas vehicle attempting to infiltrate into Israel.

The military publishes footage of the strikes.

The military also says it has intercepted a drone launched from Gaza toward Israel.

Earlier, a drone infiltration alarm had sounded in the southern town of Gvaram.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for residents in the Gaza Strip - “[In] these areas, like [the] Beit Hanoun neighbourhood, another very densely populated area, local witnesses and sources say that over 70 percent of that neighbourhood has been completely wrecked, it has been completely wiped out".

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/9/israel-hamas-war-live-news-gaza-under-non-stop-bombardment

Every raid and bombardment ‘wrecking’ areas: AJ Correspondent
1m ago (09:19 GMT)

Al Jazeera’s Youmna el Sayed, reporting from Gaza, says every raid and bombardment has significantly affected infrastructure.

“[In] these areas, like [the] Beit Hanoun neighbourhood, another very densely populated area, local witnesses and sources say that over 70 percent of that neighbourhood has been completely wrecked, it has been completely wiped out,” Sayed said.

“The infrastructure…water pipes, pipelines, everything has been completely destroyed, in addition to civilian homes and every other building in that area that was under heavy bombardment.”

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
That's sort of what I was afraid of ... Israel turning the genocide knob to 11 ... sending all my energy to Hamas and the Palestinians

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is there any more info on the Hamas system? It superficially looks more like it's based on a Russian system than an Iranan one

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

VomitOnLino posted:

That's sort of what I was afraid of ... Israel turning the genocide knob to 11 ... sending all my energy to Hamas and the Palestinians

That was going to happen no matter what, probably.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

VomitOnLino posted:

sending all my energy to Hamas and the Palestinians

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
I hope all the hostages are quickly rescued, quite a sticky situation to be in.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for refugee camps in the Gaza Strip - Israeli air attacks have targeted the Jabalia and al-Shati refugee camps in the besieged Gaza Strip.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/9/israel-hamas-war-live-news-gaza-under-non-stop-bombardment

Israeli army launches air strikes on two Gaza’s refugee camps
7m ago (09:21 GMT)

Israeli air attacks have targeted two refugee camps in the besieged Gaza Strip, Al Jazeera’s Youmna ElSayed reports.

Within ten minutes “two massive raids” hit Jabalia and the al-Shati refugee camps, ElSayed said.

Dozens of casualties have been brought to Gaza City’s main hospital, ElSayed added, without providing an exact figure.

A mosque in al-Shati was hit without any previous warning by the Israeli army, she said.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Danann posted:

(from t.me/Slavyangrad/66865, via tgsa)

probably around osa or pantsir level of range and accuracy instead of buk or s-300 that would make the jdams drop rarer

is it just my imagination or is the music to that video crazy train

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for the Gaza Strip - Defense Minister Yoav Gallant says he has ordered a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/defense-minister-announces-complete-siege-of-gaza-no-power-food-or-fuel/

Defense minister announces ‘complete siege’ of Gaza: No power, food or fuel
By EMANUEL FABIAN
4 min ago

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant says he has ordered a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip, as Israel fights the Hamas terror group.

“I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed,” Gallant says following an assessment at the IDF Southern Command in Beersheba.

“We are fighting human animals and we are acting accordingly,” he adds.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Palestinians dependent on Austrian aid - Austria is suspending aid totalling around €19m (£16.5m) for Palestinians.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...f08584119dd2d57

Austria suspends aid to Palestinians
1h ago
09.10 BST

Austria is suspending aid totalling around €19m (£16.5m) for Palestinians, foreign minister Alexander Schallenberg said today.

“The extent of the terror is so horrific ... that we cannot go back to business as usual. We will therefore put all payments from Austrian development cooperation on ice for the time being,” Schallenberg told ORF radio, Reuters reported.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

germany too. the nazi countries united once more.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

fizzy posted:

Bad news for the Gaza Strip - Defense Minister Yoav Gallant says he has ordered a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/defense-minister-announces-complete-siege-of-gaza-no-power-food-or-fuel/

Defense minister announces ‘complete siege’ of Gaza: No power, food or fuel
By EMANUEL FABIAN
4 min ago

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant says he has ordered a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip, as Israel fights the Hamas terror group.

“I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed,” Gallant says following an assessment at the IDF Southern Command in Beersheba.

“We are fighting human animals and we are acting accordingly,” he adds.

Holy poo poo

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

:pusheen:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

if i were the israelis i would worry about being besieged pretty soon from three fronts

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I swear, people think that the hamas soldiers just materialized out of thin air and werent once the children they act like they care about. they just dont get that the people fighting now were the children during cast lead. they chalk all the fighters up as fundamentalists. guess it makes it easy for them do both sides this poo poo like loving pussy rear end retards.

holy sh*t i missed this based ringo post

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

holy sh*t i missed this based ringo post

it finally happened

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

Yanis was good too when Russian military moved into Ukraine.

Guess he got better over the years, or maybe he was always good on anti-war and geopolitics.

He was always good. Just bad at politics and a naive idiot on the personal level.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I skipped 1000 posts wtf happened.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

hamas kept winning so now israel is gonna try to push the 'genocide faster' button and stick its face into the hornets nest and possibly lose the north of their country to hezbollah as a result

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Cpt_Obvious posted:

not much just chillin

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

DD Geopolitics posted:

🇮🇱⚔️🇵🇸The Israeli Army announced the restoration of control over all settlements of the country

Israeli army spokesman Daniel Hagari admitted that some militants could still be on the territory of Israel

The Israeli military has regained control of all settlements in the south of the country where Palestinian Hamas militant groups had previously infiltrated.

This was stated by Israeli army spokesman Daniel Hagari.

"We control settlements," he said. At the same time, he admitted that some militants could still be in Israeli territory.

🔴@DDgeopolitics
(from t.me/DDGeopolitics/84963, via tgsa)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
45 min interview with ali abunimah of the electronic intifada. not much new here, but he mentioned they're doing a live stream tomorrow hopefully with some people on the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/live/1xW5j7V0kZo?si=g8OE6K3zRUfwfyIv

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

uhhh we're still in control uhh well maybe not really uhhhh

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

revolting; unsurprising

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1711318943036490102

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

white people are satan, news at 11

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PeruginiNic/status/1711317578667135219

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/jennineak/status/1711317247967596785

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

paul_soccer12 posted:

They attacked every country in the region except Israel curiously

didnt israel do airstrikes against Syria while they were fighting ISIS in the same area?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

fanfic insert posted:

didnt israel do airstrikes against Syria while they were fighting ISIS in the same area?

ISIS fighters also routinely crossed the border and were given medical treatment by the Israelis.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I think of my family as being pretty centrist, and they are on a lot of stuff, so I felt some regret after sending a screed that included a strongly worded stance on the conflict just because I don't really like provoking controversy with kin.

I was kind of heartened when my brother replied, with a bunch of supporting facts, that he was as usual saddened but in no way surprised by what was going on and also that the tactics Hamas is using are the only/best tools they have available to advance their cause exactly because everything has been chiseled away and marginalized for so long, so, "what did Israel expect?", described Israel as "another brutal authoritarian regime"

He also said that he more or less stopped talking about this stuff with anyone ~20 years ago after one too many cases of criticism of Israel being branded antisemitic which is incorrect and extremely unhelpful in having any kind of dialog :shrug:

I was a little surprised to get this response (and agreement by way of silence from my dad, as is his way); it makes me wonder how many center-line dem voters there are out there who would, if it were entirely up to them, stop propping up Israel.

I'm sure there's actual polling on this which I'd probably find depressing.

edit: https://www.axios.com/2023/03/16/democrats-sympathize-more-palestinians-israelis-gallup

I wonder what this poll looks like a month from now; I feel like a lot of these people are exactly the #freePalestine types who are now saying "no wait not like this"

It’s definitely one of those things where a lot of people think they want to see progress, but the only possible progress at this point is fuckin yucky as hell, so it’s all “wait not like that” when things start happening. I see a lot of this kind of stuff on a bunch of different issues, and I think it basically just comes down to most people having really silly ideas about how things happen. We all got trained wrong as a joke, and everybody who didn’t figure that out is permanently waiting on MLK 2 to do such a sick speech that racism gets solved again.

I do wonder how many people have actually figured out that this isn’t working, though. Probably one of those situations where it’s more than you think but still basically nobody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

And some even praised their work.

I don't know, if I didn't want the people of Gaza to be on the side of Hamas, perhaps I wouldn't cut everything on their state to the point that the only employment option would be to fight under their banner.