Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Eclipse12 posted:

I legit drove 52 miles to work each way for a job in janky-rear end Monte Carlo when gas was pushing $5 a gallon. Did that for a year. Not once did I consider living in my car.

You know, because I valued my fiance and pets and home more than I valued min-maxing my commute costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Why do I feel like this thread is going to be around for several years and OP is going to start shilling the mattress in a desperate attempt to keep his house street legal?

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

In Toledo today, an apparent mattress firmware update gone wrong resulted in the deaths of two people. Sources say the couple suffered fatal injuries when the mattress screamed “pwned” in it’s mechanical voice and violently folded itself in half

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

Just some kinks to work out- like right now if it loses connection it defaults to a deflated setting because the feedback loops cut out.

Vim Fuego posted:

Look. Obviously it's not that we can't design it to just sit at a static inflation level without a connection. That's trivial. ... the higher-ups think people just won't connect in the first place if they don't have to.

So which is it? Does it deflate because of a technical issue or because the bosses want to force people to connect?

Sounds like you're getting a little too much carbon monoxide during sleepy time. Turn the engine off!

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

In Toledo today, an apparent mattress firmware update gone wrong resulted in the deaths of two people. Sources say the couple suffered fatal injuries when the mattress screamed “pwned” in it’s mechanical voice and violently folded itself in half

lol

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

hmm... looks like storm clouds tonight. boys, get the sleeping bags

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I want to believe

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Has OP clarified what they do about using the bathroom on days they are sleeping in their car? Like, are they doing the pee in bottles thing, or what?

I pee in a big bottle with my wife

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

So what do you do when you need a poo poo at night OP... squat on the kerb?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

biofuel

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

I want to believe

Gullible posters are an important part of the ecosystem

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

satanic splash-back posted:

Gullible posters are an important part of the ecosystem

one should never underestimate the credulity of ppl who believe they're too smart to fall for deception

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I love how Homer Simpson's "I sleep in a big bed with my wife" is such a great comeback to people deluding themselves that their lifestyle quirks are somehow bragworthy instead of shameful.

This guy sleeps in his car to save on gas and he gets more time to disrupt the smart mattress industry? I sleep in a big bed with my wife!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pretty sure the tech company with the mattresses sparked the Intifada to distract from SA finding out the companies will be Insolvent soon via a goons car living strategy post

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

This is more respectful than an actual car

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I saw a racing car bed the other day and told the parents that they were doing a great job.

2 days ago I saw that the parents had built a music room, a kickboxing area with heavy bag, a corner for modelling and crafts and stuff, and a pretty sweet gaming/tv/couch corner as well. Kids got cool poo poo now.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

beat laboratory

You give kids all that stupid poo poo, they'll never leave. You'll have a Dale and Brennan on your hands before you know it

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

You should get a pet for your car. Like a deranged bird or weasel

Yeah, something that eats those bugs that sneak in into his studio carpartment.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

EoinCannon posted:

I'm envious of OP's obvious ability to just bed down and sleep anywhere, that's a real useful skill

The thing is, you could too if you buy the Sleepr mattress visible in the original post image files! This is going viral! Sleep like a king even when you are homeless on this IoT beauty!

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Alright, no.

I'll swallow a lot, but I do not believe that anyone is making a mattress that stops being a mattress if it's not constantly online.

What better way to guarantee your customer base is stupid enough to stick to perpetual monthly payments? poo poo, make it hourly micro payments.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

BigBadSteve posted:

So what do you do when you need a poo poo at night OP... squat on the kerb?

Just drive to the office and start winning early.

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
OP is either the saddest example of tech bro delusions imaginable or made this post up wholesale for a creative writing class and or sexual gratification

I enjoyed it though

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Find a nice hedge to sleep under. Much healthier, and you can scrabble for grubs and ants if you're hungry.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Hey don’t expect a reply, he (maybe?????) is busy driving to work on a Sunday night instead of getting up early and driving Monday morning. So he can program beds to deflate when they lose internet connectivity.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I could honestly leave Monday morning but I go out for work Sunday evening to beat the Monday morning rush hour and go home fridays.

I did this after one month into my role. Instead of spending $500 a month on gas and wasting over 40 hours of commuting, I save more money and gain more sleep. (Spend an average of $180 on gas and 8-10 hours of commuting a month now)

I also did this because my worksite provides a gym, shower and food which I also saw as an opportunity. Just imagine yourself in my situation and think about how much YOU can save.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
at the height of my crack addiction i was in a similar situation and it was loving sick tbh

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
There's a shower, gym, and couches to sleep on where I work but I don't want to spend more time there than I need to.
Go home or buy/rent closer to work.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

Whoops lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

How much is the mattress op

Total, initial investment + yearly subscription. Include pricing tiers.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Vim Fuego posted:

I could honestly leave Monday morning but I go out for work Sunday evening to beat the Monday morning rush hour and go home fridays.

I did this after one month into my role. Instead of spending $500 a month on gas and wasting over 40 hours of commuting, I save more money and gain more sleep. (Spend an average of $180 on gas and 8-10 hours of commuting a month now)

I also did this because my worksite provides a gym, shower and food which I also saw as an opportunity. Just imagine yourself in my situation and think about how much YOU can save.

You didn't answer if you have a place to live, that you pay for.

Otherwise, I missed it.

Also, what type of car is it? Searching found it to be a Suburu, Sedan, Legacy is basically 16' long. can you stretch out?

Do the cafeteria people wonder why you're there three times a day, every single day?

how many pairs of underwear do you have? Pants?

I've been pulling for you, but you're ignoring vital questions

I lived in a '98 toyota tercel, because I didn't have a loving choice, stop acting like you're all hoity-toity

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 9, 2023

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I could respect choosing to live in your car honestly. I can't respect choosing to live in your car to bootlick support a startup that sells internet mattresses jfc.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

i'm going to hack into unsecured mattresses and spy on sex havers via haptic feedback technology

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Hey, honey...wanna come back to my WRX so I can earn my STI badge?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

R.L. Stine posted:

i'm going to hack into unsecured mattresses and spy on sex havers via haptic feedback technology

the year is 2023... it is the dawn of the sex hacker.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
OP I would recommend trading in the WRX for a nice Dodge Charger. Bigger sedan with ample space. Better interior quality. The purity of true RWD with 100% defeatable traction control, and a glorious NA or supercharged V8. (only losers get teh V6 versions)

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Vim Fuego posted:

Lmao $320 bucks is a days wage for basically any STEM person 4+ years into an industry career.

You don't seem to be making yourself miserable, just really bad at making decisions that include things like comfort. A problem for most engineers.

Real or not, you make me feel better about myself op.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vim Fuego posted:

Aww man you tipped your hand.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

:thunk:

Plot twist Vim Fuego is the CEO of Jizzmattress. He’s known as the crazy man behind the idea that tech workers see as a cautionary tale. Or even worse it’s the my pillow guy.

Also OP there is an app that you would put screen side down on you bed with you and it did the same thing. It worked ok. I used it for a little bit.

Also, if jizzmattress stops being a mattress when it loses internet connectivity, what will happen if a natural disaster like a hurricane, or wildfire knocks out telecom service? I think you’ll be up to your neck in lawsuits or FTC/BBB complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Op does the IOT mattress come with a built in pocket pussy/expandable dildo/buttplug capability?

You could do that, make it like the IOT vibrators and revolutionize teledildonics.

Twitch streamers bang their mattress and all the parasocial nerds getting findommed can experience the appropriate response on their side.

Tribbing might be a hard thing to simulate, but I bet you could.

E: You can use the bang-data to train an AI to suck you off in the back of your wrx (also your apartment).