Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

snoremac posted:

I'm curious where he got the idea that armies will "pretend to attack" to lull the enemy into a state of unreadiness for the real attack. I don't know much about war but that does not sound like a thing. There is feinting to distract the enemy from your intended target but that's not the same thing.

Everyone knows that the bad guys send "gonna get ya" messages to the good guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/waitmanb/status/1710969289887429095?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Circle Nine posted:

lol they're both one hundred percent on board with apartheid and genocide being good actually

elon is the worlds leading expert on apartheid

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
genocide and apartheid being good vs hating jews has elon more torn than he's been in decades

he probably thinks likud are The Good Ones

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
one could say that his ancestors invented it...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
he endorsed a fake news nazi account as a trustworthy source, and then unendorsed it when said account posted something sympathetic to gazans

guy loves apartheid more than he hates jews, he's not that torn

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
there's a myriad of evidence supporting the theory that elon is an Indigo Child and yet nobody is talking about it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

R.L. Stine posted:

there's a myriad of evidence supporting the theory that elon is an Indigo Child and yet nobody is talking about it

elon is not coloured thats different from being a boer, which he is

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
thanks i was just about to upload my 2 hour long deep dive and you've hosed me

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the boer child

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

thathonkey posted:

updated list of crises solved:

climate change
flint water crisis
thai cave soccer team
ukraine
israel palestine

World hunger, don't forget

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Free speech

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Legal comedy

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

R.L. Stine posted:

more likely to be an Emerald Child

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Potato Salad posted:

Brave of this wealthy white man to suggest a final solution, as it were.

Has he suggested that Israel should just surrender yet?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

snoremac posted:

I'm curious where he got the idea that armies will "pretend to attack" to lull the enemy into a state of unreadiness for the real attack. I don't know much about war but that does not sound like a thing. There is feinting to distract the enemy from your intended target but that's not the same thing.

reading battlestar galactica episode summaries on wikipedia

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

I see they finally remembered to update video embeds to say “Watch on X”. I was wondering how many more months it’d take for this master class rebrand to touch on that.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So Musk will absolutely argue that allowing people to post dead Israelis and Palestinians on video proves how much he doesn’t hate Jews, won’t he?

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

William Bear posted:

Twitter seems a lot worse right now at following complex current events like wars and natural disasters. When the invasion of Ukraine started, it was pretty simple to use Twitter to see an aggregated view of credible news sources and analysis. Now, searching for keywords about the fighting in Israel just turns up Reply Guys and blue check hashtag spammers.

It's amazing how much shittier the platform has gotten in just under two years.

It hasn't even been a year since Musk took over lmao

Business Genius

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Elon speaks like how a dumb person thinks a smart person sounds like

He's one small step from being an "enlightened by my intelligence" guy. Deliberately sitting around all day trying to come up with wise sayings.

I mean, he's tried more than once with his little one line tweets, but none has ever taken off.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

snoremac posted:

Also, this is Israel we're talking about here.

If you pretend to attack them they'll still murder you and everyone around you.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

William Bear posted:

Twitter seems a lot worse right now at following complex current events like wars and natural disasters. When the invasion of Ukraine started, it was pretty simple to use Twitter to see an aggregated view of credible news sources and analysis. Now, searching for keywords about the fighting in Israel just turns up Reply Guys and blue check hashtag spammers.

It's amazing how much shittier the platform has gotten in just under two years.

lol you don't even need complex current events to see how bad it is now, recently there has been a sports event on an island here where someone drowned. all the mainstream news outlet reported about it, even on their twitter accounts. but if you searched on twitter you'd get a ton of spam about holidaying there, posts from 8 years back, and you could barely get any of those news accounts.

facebook used to be good for news as well but it took a nosedive in the last 5-8 years where searching gets you groups and pages that are barely related to your search term

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

MykonosFan posted:

I see they finally remembered to update video embeds to say “Watch on X”. I was wondering how many more months it’d take for this master class rebrand to touch on that.

*"Watch on X" button*
*Mouseover link shows a twitter.com address*

:discourse:

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

He's one small step from being an "enlightened by my intelligence" guy. Deliberately sitting around all day trying to come up with wise sayings.

I mean, he's tried more than once with his little one line tweets, but none has ever taken off.

He's giving off real 2013 Jaden Smith vibes.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

snoremac posted:

It's probably the Atomic attack on Hiroshima, where the USAF flew recon flights over the city daily so the people where used to being overflown.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Further Reading posted:

yeah but those were funny

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
sites that are no longer usable for accessing worthwhile information:

google
twitter
facebook

i am sensing a theme .. musk just did it faster

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

snoremac posted:

The Battle of Jericho, obviously.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Further Reading posted:

No, even Jaden Smith's inanities had some semblance of thought behind them.

I mean, compared to Elon's, that is.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

snoremac posted:

Lol. It's always so cute when someone just doesn't "get" the art of war. See Musk is deeply versed in the Polytopia meta. Complex, muti threaded, achronological reverse deception backward lighting blitzes like this are mere child's play to his mind.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Elon probably thinks the fog of war is a literal mist

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

distance fog of war

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cause they have loving offices there!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"they hate you because you are more powerful than them"

"It's the great achievement of western civilisation that we don't operate solely on might makes right"

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't he going on the other day about the importance of being stronger than your opponents so they couldn't challenge you?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Might doesn't make right! I mean, just look at the civilised paragons of diplomacy: The West!

:britain:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Konstantin Kisin was spitting

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

How much time do you realistically think Musk spends "X'ing" a day?

Gotta be hours it seems like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1711056201474003308