Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

actually supporting nazis and apartheid is 100% european values

that's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1711394197796802813?s=20

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
another bad post

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rock Puncher has issued a correction as of 16:05 on Oct 9, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ah cool the fault of one guy not a systematic campaign of colonization, terror and dehumanization spanning over half a century, cool.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Chris Hedges has a new article up.

https://chrishedges.substack.com/p/palestinians-speak-the-language-of

quote:

The collective retribution against innocents is a familiar tactic employed by colonial rulers. We used it against Native Americans and later in the Philippines and Vietnam. The Germans used it against the Herero and Namaqua in Namibia. The British in Kenya and Malaya. The Nazis used it in the areas they occupied in the Soviet Union, Eastern and Central Europe. Israel follows the same playbook. Death for death. Atrocity for atrocity. But it is always the occupier who initiates this macabre dance and trades piles of corpses for higher piles of corpses.

This is not to defend the war crimes by either side. It is not to rejoice in the attacks. I have seen enough violence in the Israeli occupied territories, where I covered the conflict for seven years, to loathe violence. But this is the familiar denouement to all settler-colonial projects. Regimes implanted and maintained by violence engender violence. The Haitian war of liberation. The Mau Mau in Kenya. The African National Congress in South Africa. These uprisings do not always succeed, but they follow familiar patterns. The Palestinians, like all colonized people, have a right to armed resistance under international law.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

me when Ocelot says "BOSS! The Enemy Sniper..."

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you would and you have

I’m actually well freaking prepared if anyone has a heart attack or goes into anaphylaxis or something

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ah cool the fault of one guy not a systematic campaign of colonization, terror and dehumanization spanning over half a century, cool.

thats probably the best your getting out of any israeli poo poo-rag

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

actually supporting nazis and apartheid is 100% european values

what?! The EU got the nobel peace prize in 2012 that cant be right????

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Look if you just libbishly accept the crimes of 30 years ago and don't do as many new ones, then peace is possible.

That's not really meant to be snarky, I think that's the sincere attitude of liberals and it's not even entirely wrong.

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Poppers posted:

I wouldn’t kill anyone at a rave. Starting to think this forum doesn’t know the first thing about raves…

I bet you'd bring them a little death.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the israeilis elected a psychopathic maniac president, he did everything in his power to demonstrate that he is a bloodthirsty freak who will murder any powerless people he can get his hands on, he was removed from office for being blatantly corrupt, and then they put him back into power so he could oversee the complete humiliation of the idf

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don't know what it means in the grand scheme of things, but consider how roughly the Brits handled people in Malaya, Kenya and Cyprus and compare it to the kid gloves the Irgun got.

Hatebag posted:

the israeilis elected a psychopathic maniac president, he did everything in his power to demonstrate that he is a bloodthirsty freak who will murder any powerless people he can get his hands on, he was removed from office for being blatantly corrupt, and then they put him back into power so he could oversee the complete humiliation of the idf

"Something something Cyrus"

- Evangelicals :911:

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

WoodrowSkillson posted:

im sorry i expressed hope that less people would die

it's always okay to believe better things are possible even when we know it's naive.

not something to apologize for.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/WSWS_Updates/status/1711230047674159511?t=c0a3LJVu7imDhS6cdi8w-g&s=19

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I mean- what where you expecting from the editorial board of Haaretz?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

True. But Netanyahu may bear more responsibility for the current situation than any other single person. There are a lot of people to blame, but their culpability isn't equal.

Who else could you even argue is more responsible for the condition of Palestine today?

William Bear has issued a correction as of 16:14 on Oct 9, 2023

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Rock Puncher posted:

mfw finished raving

dont do this

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

:gary:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Rock Puncher posted:

mfw finished raving

dont post poo poo like this

a racist pole
May 16, 2015

Some Israeli Knesset member just said on MSNBC they are texting Gazan civilians telling them to move to a different neighborhood to avoid airstrikes

GO WHERE

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
gently caress off rock puncher

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

a racist pole posted:

Some Israeli Knesset member just said on MSNBC they are texting Gazan civilians telling them to move to a different neighborhood to avoid airstrikes

GO WHERE

thats a gimmick they use to claim they are attempting to prevent civilian deaths then they proceed to bomb the different neighborhood as well

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

HallelujahLee posted:

dont post poo poo like this

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hatebag posted:

israel bombing lebanon seems like a pretty dumb decision lol. what're they gonna do next, bomb syria and iran?

Israel has bombed Syria at will for like the past decade. It's around once a month on average.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hedges is almost always good on these issues, at least as far as I've ever seen. I'd trust his or Richard Wolff's analysis over any other corporate media mouthpiece.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 16:08 on Oct 9, 2023

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

broken clocks are right twice a day I suppose

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

HallelujahLee posted:

thats a gimmick they use to claim they are attempting to prevent civilian deaths then they proceed to bomb the different neighborhood as well

the international community has fully bough into the idea that bombing a building before turning it into rubble is merely "knocking"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The analysis one can conclude is that western media, and western elites are DERANGED

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

lol

dnd-concerns.png

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
theres videos of tanks being destroying using bombs dropped by drones

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Frosted Flake posted:

I don't know what it means in the grand scheme of things, but consider how roughly the Brits handled people in Malaya, Kenya and Cyprus and compare it to the kid gloves the Irgun got.

I think Hedges just wanted to name some of the better known atrocities in history, but not rate them by severity. Hedges likes long lists of examples, it's part of his writing style.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

Israel has bombed Syria at will for like the past decade. It's around once a month on average.

yes, including attacks on hezbollah, iranian troops, and syrian government troops operating in syria

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

ah well then

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1711381890618269886

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

That's the expression of a CNN reporter pratfalling their way to a reward winning report

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Do I have my timelines right, they had a rave 5 km from the Gaza border like a day AFTER Hamas started attacking?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Clarissa Ward was also in Kyiv in Feb 2022

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

where are the strikes

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

It's so obvious that one hand does not know what the other hand is doing over there right now

At this point an internal coup would not surprise me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The aftermath of the rocket is a tiny plume of smoke and then she's like "Stuff's happening in Gaza as well" and points and the camera pans over and it looks like a whole city block is an inferno.