Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mass media is a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

It's so obvious that one hand does not know what the other hand is doing over there right now

At this point an internal coup would not surprise me

what exactly would change the nutjob in charge is literally calling for genocide

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has promised to “change the Middle East” in the country’s war with Hamas.

“What Hamas will experience will be difficult and terrible … we are going to change the Middle East,” the 73-year-old leader told officials from southern Israel.

“This is only the beginning … we are all with you and we will defeat them with force, enormous force.”

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

gonna have to step up her soy face game if she wants to trend on youtube

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

PhilippAchtel posted:

lol

dnd-concerns.png

Palestinian deaths literally off the charts.

"Hmm, how does this affect Israelis?"

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1711387394606277041

Trying to bomb Gaza into submission

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Do I have my timelines right, they had a rave 5 km from the Gaza border like a day AFTER Hamas started attacking?

Day of. Theres video of ravers with the Hamas paragliders coming in behind them. They threw a rave right outside the walls of Gaza and happened to pick the landing zone for the assault.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

PostNouveau posted:

Do I have my timelines right, they had a rave 5 km from the Gaza border like a day AFTER Hamas started attacking?

no it was happening the morning of the attack

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

what exactly would change the nutjob in charge is literally calling for genocide

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has promised to “change the Middle East” in the country’s war with Hamas.

“What Hamas will experience will be difficult and terrible … we are going to change the Middle East,” the 73-year-old leader told officials from southern Israel.

“This is only the beginning … we are all with you and we will defeat them with force, enormous force.”

It was touched on by another article earlier in the thread but the Israeli military is generally a secular force and the Israeli government is aligned more with religious authority, the policy of antagonization and aggression towards Palestine has been more in the governments camp than the military and there's more secular people in service than Orthodox so the schism exists to support a coup even if the willpower hasn't materialized

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

It was touched on by another article earlier in the thread but the Israeli military is generally a secular force and the Israeli government is aligned more with religious authority, the policy of antagonization and aggression towards Palestine has been more in the governments camp than the military and there's more secular people in service than Orthodox so the schism exists to support a coup even if the willpower hasn't materialized

that may well happen it wont anything in regards to palestinians

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

My understanding of Israeli politics was that everyone supported genociding the Palestinians, even the secular Israelis.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The IDF does not sound like ripe grounds for a leftist revolt

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

In light of how quickly the extremely poor taste joke was hammered, I'd like to take a moment and thank Speng, Libster Shirt, and the rest for keeping this thread readable. You can't look at twitter without seeing a pile of bloody corpses and network news treats Gaza being carpet bombed as proportionate retaliation, so its nice to have somewhere that isnt horrifying to follow along with this madness

Thanks for putting in effort

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Palestinian children?
pregnant Palestinian women?
disabled Palestinians?
look I agree it's not good to kill those people. it's never good to kill anyone, but I draw the line at my pure white perfect beautiful blonde raver princess who got thrown to the rape-crazed dusky mohammedan hordes with crazed eyes and sweat slick skin muscles bulging and glistening in the im sorry what were we talking about?

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
Yeah definitely not suggesting this war ends with a reformist coup, just that bibi probably wont last very long in power at this rate

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

My understanding of Israeli politics was that everyone supported genociding the Palestinians, even the secular Israelis.

They allowed their own plans to form a government fail and allow a nazi mobster back into power because they were too racist to work with the arab list.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if theres a coup itll be to replace bibi with someone more hardline on extermination

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Paging Gradenko :siren: anthropologists at work :siren: :

“Predictably, the government of Israel, which adhered to the status quo and avoided any serious initiative to resolve the conflict with the Arab states, was supported by members of the business class who had begun to profit from investments in the security field and orders from the defence establishment. At the same time, there was also ‘scientific’ backing from a group of Israeli orientalists for the government’s policies. They constantly propagated the view, in all the communications media at their disposal, that ‘the Arabs’ (they usually used that term, ignoring the multiple shades of opinion within the Arab ranks, from the Jordanian Hussein to the Libyan Qaddafi) were striving for nothing but the destruction of Israel, for their hatred was as deep as the abyss. The conclusion that logically followed was that there was no chance whatsoever for a substantial agreement with the Arabs and thus no reason for any Israeli initiative to promote peace with the Arabs, the minimum demand of whom was the destruction of the State of the Jews. In their view, no solution to the conflict was in sight, and so Israel must reconcile itself to the conflict’s persistence for the long term. For that reason, nothing remained for Israel except to keep strengthening itself, which might hasten the day when the Arabs finally gave up all hope of realizing their goal. Accordingly, Israel should ensure that it had strategic security borders – that is, embrace a policy of annexation in order to create better conditions to repel the enemy in the next, inevitable war."

“A special place in this group was held by General (Res.) Yehoshafat Harkabi, formerly the head of the Intelligence Branch in the General Staff, later a professor at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, and beginning in August 1974 an advisor for strategic planning at the Defence Ministry. Due to the high office he had held in the past and because his views conformed to official policy, Harkabi’s words had special resonance and his writings were distributed by the Israeli hasbara institutions in Israel and abroad. The approach of the professor-general is essentially that of a psychologist, which takes into account concepts in the emotional realm, such as hatred, or motives laden with ideological or historical-philosophic associations – which, unlike a complex reality, are usually extremist and absolutist – instead of political and economic interests, etc. His approach was influenced by the work of the American orientalist Harold Glidden (as evident from an article that was once distributed by the Israeli public-diplomacy services), according to which the Arabs’ ‘tribal-Bedouin’ nature was at the heart of the Israeli–Arab conflict. That nature was said to engender a sense of ‘shame of defeat’ which prevented them from adopting a rational approach. A species of ‘cultural-psychological determinism’ can be discerned in Harkabi’s work, which implies that Arab culture is based on foundations that render coexistence with Israel impossible. From there, the path to dismissal of any Israeli political gestures towards the Arabs is a short one. Like various Israeli politicians, the general-professor was inclined to scorn moderate statements from Arab leaders in favour of the extremist stance he ascribed to them. In conducting policy based on General Harkabi’s outlook, Israel thus played down the need for serious diplomacy for peace and ignored Arab initiatives – above all from Jordan, but also from Egypt. Prof. Yehoshafat Harkabi provided the ‘scientific dimension’ for all who sought it in order to justify neglecting the stagnant political process.”

“After the Arab world, led by Egypt, launched the October War, the primary objective of which was to shatter the status quo, Harkabi hastened to declare that the war proved that he was right, and added that ‘we have not missed any opportunity to end the conflict with the Arabs’. This was yet another example of the tactic of reiterating a theory (that ‘the Arabs are not ready for a peace settlement’) and making policy in conformity with it (the creation of facts in the Territories, reliance on the politics of force alone and avoiding peace initiatives) in order to avoid any other possible outcomes. When the adversary resorts to military means, you are then free to claim that your predictions were correct, without having to dwell on the possibility that you yourself contributed to the fulfilment of the prophecy. ”

Not by Omission: The Case of the 1973 Arab–Israeli War

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

Palestinian children?
pregnant Palestinian women?
disabled Palestinians?
look I agree it's not good to kill those people. it's never good to kill anyone, but I draw the line at my pure white perfect beautiful blonde raver princess who got thrown to the rape-crazed dusky mohammedan hordes with crazed eyes and sweat slick skin muscles bulging and glistening in the im sorry what were we talking about?

but-but-but i have no agency at raving at the gaza strip border

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

"where's the evidence that there have been any rapes, much less mass raping?"

"ah er um er heh uh well I mean just look at them!! theyre ARABS!!!"

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Yeah definitely not suggesting this war ends with a reformist coup, just that bibi probably wont last very long in power at this rate

thats possible and even maybe probable but his replacement is another psycho

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Palladium posted:

but-but-but i have no agency at raving at the gaza strip border

it was a safe part of israel!!!!!!! this has RUINEd the Palestinian cause in the eyes of the rules-based global order!!!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Or "wtf kind of sicko like you wants to see videos of poor Israeli women getting raped? We trust women here"

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

fizzy posted:

Soon, maybe already by the time you read this, the quiet will be gone, the fighting will have started, in Gaza and among ourselves. But for a brief moment, at least, we can see these things.

Imagine having the arrogance or blindness to write something like this.

I hope one of the things people like this see is that by any moral standard, they deserve much worse than they will ever receive in this life.

Maybe somewhere deep down, they see it.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis/status/1711387107602653621

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

didn't know biden was an arab

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The Visegrad account is ramping up those allegations

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yoav goofus

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
https://twitter.com/nydems/status/1711174685990224061?s=20

wonton violence

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Spaced God posted:

Or "wtf kind of sicko like you wants to see videos of poor Israeli women getting raped? We trust women here"

in this house we 👏 trust 👏 women*

*in this house we consider Palestinian women a type of dog, so

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

The Top G posted:

That’s in-line with accuracy stats from “special operators”. Even with training guns are really hard to shoot accurately in active threat situations. very few cops (maybe none?) should be entrusted with their use in public.

Yeah they should only be trusted with muzzle-loading two-shot pistols.

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

lmao

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Is he the one who treats enemy noncombatants with respect in accordance with international law?

:confuoot:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Poppers posted:

I wouldn’t kill anyone at a rave. Starting to think this forum doesn’t know the first thing about raves…

I'd slay on the dance floor, but not literally

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i cant support all this wonton violence

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

no electricity probably also means no water as the strip gets water from a combination of groundwater and small desalinization plants, both of which require electricity

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

Nor can I. DTI.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

HallelujahLee posted:

Now sweet and sour apartheid? I'm down for that

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Razan al-Najjar was a young woman who was a medic during the Great March of Return. She was shot by Israeli border snipers while providing medical aid to a man who has been shot in the face by the IOF with a tear gas canister.

The Guardian has some background on what medics did to identify themselves during that non-violent action.

quote:

Gaza’s medics have fine-tuned tactics on how to work in the line of fire without being shot by Israeli snipers.

They wear white jackets with reflective, high-visibility stripes. Teams move slowly and deliberately towards casualties with their hands raised above their heads, past piles of burning tyres and plumes of white teargas smoke.

As they approach the metal fence, they come within speaking distance of troops on the other side. They shout out in unison: “Don’t shoot. There are wounded.”

They believe there is no way that anyone might misidentify them in Gaza’s open fields, but medical workers across the coastal strip – which Israel occupied for 38 years until 2005 and over which it enforces a strict land and naval blockade – are coming to the same terrifying conclusion. The strategy is not working.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/08/mother-shot-gaza-medic-razan-al-najjar-white-coat-strategy

Obviously the IOF doesn't care about medics and targeted them anyway.

The Gaza border area has been a killing ground since the Israelis put it up.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

only the bold leadership of general tso can save them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Yes, it was a mistake for Hamas to commit an act of such sickening evil that it would inevitably dominate the news over any Israeli response.