Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

rjmccall posted:

Goddamn this feels good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

A day that will be long remembered.

42-10 :hmbol:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

algebra testes posted:

I am enjoying watching Dallas get destroyed.

If I was a betting man, I would have put everything on SF to beat Dallas. Dallas is a fraud. The Rams even have a chance to beat them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dallas just doesn't match up well with the 49ers. Cuz the 49ers are a lot better.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Manoueverable posted:

It really, really feels like unless something goes horribly awry, you can write in the Niners for at least the NFCCG right now. In pen.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Waltzing Along posted:

Dallas just doesn't match up well with the 49ers. Cuz the 49ers are a lot better.

Correct. And it's strange how a lot of people didn't recognize this going into last nights game.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

It's been a while since I enjoyed a regular season game as much as that one.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Correct. And it's strange how a lot of people didn't recognize this going into last nights game.

I was expecting a typical Niners beatdown but I wasn't expecting what we got. The Cards put up a way better fight.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

It really, really feels like unless something goes horribly awry, you can write in the Niners for at least the NFCCG Super Bowl right now. In pen.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I'm stupid.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 9, 2023

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I was expecting a typical Niners beatdown but I wasn't expecting what we got. The Cards put up a way better fight.

Absolutely. The Rams played them tough as well.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Absolutely. The Rams played them tough as well.

They did.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

feller posted:

It's been a while since I enjoyed a regular season game as much as that one.

One of the funnest and funniest 49er games I've ever watched

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

MakaVillian posted:

One of the funnest and funniest 49er games I've ever watched

I hate the niners - obviously, as I should - but I actually wanted to see them destroy the cowboys to shut everyone's loving mouth about how "great" Dallas is.

The cowboys are not great, nor are the the eagles. The loving lovely loving najdjkada gdgdh GAH niners are the best team in the league this year and I don't even think it's close. iffjhvjfuyfyf gently caress!

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

If I was a betting man, I would have put everything on SF to beat Dallas. Dallas is a fraud. The Rams even have a chance to beat them.

A friend asked me earlier today who I thought would win the game and I said the niners would crush them.

I’m in the weird position of living in WA for over +10 years and all my friends are hawks fans. I cheer for them and get stoked when they win, but it doesn’t affect me at all when they lose. But I grew up in norcal and my parents are huge niners fan so I root for them too.

That team rivalry does me no favors lol

Gonna be rough when they play against each other this year.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

The cowboys are not great, nor are the the eagles. The loving lovely loving najdjkada gdgdh GAH niners are the best team in the league this year and I don't even think it's close. iffjhvjfuyfyf gently caress!

Yeah this.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Niners exposing the Cowboys on national TV, football season is truly back

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

90s kid in me is still hootin' and hollerin'.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm going to be interested to see what Defense slows down the Niners offense because I don't know how you do it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm going to be interested to see what Defense slows down the Niners offense because I don't know how you do it.

Eagles and Niners game was always destined to answer this question, although I think it comes down to which team is healthiest in December.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I think the biggest difference with the niners team this year is injuries. Last several years they started the season with masses of injuries. This year they are pretty much whole, and they are playing like the extremely talented team they are when all of the starters are in the lineup.

I personally have to eat a bit of crow. I didn't like the McCaffrey trade. I thought the cost was too high, and I didn't think running back was a position that made sense to focus on, that they had more important needs. But man, he is more special than I thought now that we see him running behind an excellent run blocking o line squad. Just so good at maximizing gains in any situation, doesn't make mistakes, rarely coughs up the ball, and occasionally puts in a really special run.

I didn't actually catch most of the game last night, only the fourth quarter so I'm about to start a replay of it and goddamn will I enjoy it.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I think the biggest difference is Purdy is a dramatically better QB than they've had in the last couple decades

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Papercut posted:

I think the biggest difference is Purdy is a dramatically better QB than they've had in the last couple decades

I don’t think he’s “dramatically” better than Alex Smith or prime Kaepernick or Jimmy G. He is very good at doing what Shanahan wants from a QB and he’s got some amazing weapons. He’s a good player but a great fit for the system he’s playing in.

But currently the 49ers look amazing because they aren’t all dead. Shanahan has always has pretty good teams when key guys were healthy, that just only happens every other year.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Papercut posted:

Would you say he's relevant to their success :smug:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think he’s “dramatically” better than Alex Smith or prime Kaepernick or Jimmy G. He is very good at doing what Shanahan wants from a QB and he’s got some amazing weapons. He’s a good player but a great fit for the system he’s playing in.

But currently the 49ers look amazing because they aren’t all dead. Shanahan has always has pretty good teams when key guys were healthy, that just only happens every other year.

Jimmy G had basically the same weapons last season and looked nowhere near as good. Even besides his reads/progressions (which are lightyears ahead of Jimmy), he makes throws all over the field that Jimmy never could, or at least never did.

The same applies to Kaep, although then sure you can get into discussions about whether the dual-threat is better than a pure passer.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Purdy is dramatically better than Garoppolo, there is no way Jimmy G was making half of those passes yesterday.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Papercut posted:

Jimmy G had basically the same weapons last season and looked nowhere near as good. Even besides his reads/progressions (which are lightyears ahead of Jimmy), he makes throws all over the field that Jimmy never could, or at least never did.

They were statistically very close last year and Purdy had the benefit of having Mcaffery the entire time. I agree that he’s better than Jimmy but he’s also benefitting a lot from a really good system in the same way Matt Ryan did while Shanahan was there. I think “dramatically” is a stretch, at least at this point. He’s still young and has plenty of time to prove he can do it without an all star supporting cast.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

The Eagles are the only reason why I didn't put this down. But for all the poo poo talking about how poo poo the NFC is I don't see an AFC team that can match the Niners, not with the Bills losing the way they have right after blowing out the Dolphins.

But then again I've said "just hand the Packers the Lombardi now" in years past and look what happened there.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Manoueverable posted:

The Eagles are the only reason why I didn't put this down. But for all the poo poo talking about how poo poo the NFC is I don't see an AFC team that can match the Niners, not with the Bills losing the way they have right after blowing out the Dolphins.

But then again I've said "just hand the Packers the Lombardi now" in years past and look what happened there.

The "AFC is good, NFC is bad" crowd looks pretty dumb every week the teams actually play.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Play posted:

an excellent run blocking o line squad

Mason had 10 caries for a nice 69 yards and a TD last night. Any competent RB would be balling out behind this o-line.

I say put Lynch in the HoF again as a GM, he's built an amazing team with talent at every position.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I would just like to say, apropos of nothing, how great it is to to see Richard Sherman wearing 49ers colors every chance he gets.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Watched Stephen A. Smith gloating on air while wearing a Cowboys uniform. Then doing that whole Cowboy tip hat thing had me in tears. He is so happy from them losing.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Strong Sauce posted:

Watched Stephen A. Smith gloating on air while wearing a Cowboys uniform. Then doing that whole Cowboy tip hat thing had me in tears. He is so happy from them losing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIBK8cfyt38

Also fun.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

mllaneza posted:

Mason had 10 caries for a nice 69 yards and a TD last night. Any competent RB would be balling out behind this o-line.

For sure, I mean that's the Shanahan system, but CMC is on another planet and accordingly has helped make the offence take a huge leap.

Manoueverable posted:

I absolutely could see the Dolphins, Bills and Chiefs beating the 49ers. McDaniel has that offence humming, when Josh Allen is on his game he's unstoppable plus the Bills have a good defence and thr Chiefs are still the Chiefs until proven otherwise.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I can't quite find the correct metric for it but I think Brock reads better than Jimmy G. He's quick at seeing which routes are probably the most open and he puts the ball there. Brock sees the window and hits it. Jimmy G was more prone to bad reads.

He's slightly faster getting the ball out than 2019 Jimmy G. Brock has better >20 yd passes I think but he also has better receivers. Then having CMC probably puts exploitable coverage on Auyik.

Great seeing Mason get lots of touches. CMC didn't need to have a monster game to bury the cowboys. Still racked up plenty of rushing yards and that's what we like.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Stolen from a friend:

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mustached Demon posted:

I can't quite find the correct metric for it but I think Brock reads better than Jimmy G. He's quick at seeing which routes are probably the most open and he puts the ball there. Brock sees the window and hits it. Jimmy G was more prone to bad reads.

He's slightly faster getting the ball out than 2019 Jimmy G. Brock has better >20 yd passes I think but he also has better receivers. Then having CMC probably puts exploitable coverage on Auyik.

Great seeing Mason get lots of touches. CMC didn't need to have a monster game to bury the cowboys. Still racked up plenty of rushing yards and that's what we like.

I'd like to see Mason get more touches, just to keep CMC healthy. He's got great speed and seems to read the blocking perfectly. That TD he had was gorgeous last night.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Watch Purdy's footwork as he goes through his reads. He sets his feet for each stage in his progression so he's ready to throw the instant he sees an open receiver.

And yeah, use Mason more. CMC isn't fragile, but he is precious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Mustached Demon posted:

Brock is by far a better reader than Jimmy G, both pre-snap and post-snap when he has to adjust.

It was great seeing Mason get lots of touches and doing something with them too.