Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Al! posted:

cant believe i have to vote for donald trump to liberate palestine but it is what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

I mean isn't it a bit late to be finding this poo poo out?

you're gonna need 72 hours of food and water

when?

now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

it would own if that was part of the trove of documents he was storing in his house

lmfao

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Cheen posted:

the one thing i DONT understand is how can you steal a house from someone if you just blew it up??

The taking is more important than the having

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Modus Pwnens posted:

The taking is more important than the having

how do people not realize that genocide IS the goal

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it would own if that was part of the trove of documents he was storing in his house

lmfao

idk how "shoot a bunch of lovely rockets that overwhelm their volley capacity" is hard for people to figure out independently but its a funny idea

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

An Israeli invasion into Gaza seems like such an obvious trap that maybe even the IOF see that

At least a few people in the government have to be arguing for some unexpected galaxy brain move like invading Lebanon in retaliation

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

except for psycho settlers israel doesnt really want the land it carefully selected to throw away to the inferior race

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Is it just that the Iron Dome doesn't work against real rockets?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Donald Trump FTW!

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Or the more likely and lol reason that they gave most of their Iron Dome rockets to Ukraine.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i use an iron dome to drain my pasta

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
oh my god, i never looked at the stupid Trump Peace Plan for I/P, but someone just posted the map and its absolutely loving insane ahahahaha

the god damned tunnel, the land set aside for agriculture in barren desert

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Hamas hosed up and lost the sympathy of the europig and fat burger settlers, which is bad because we have the most important opinions

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Typo posted:

it does seem like repeating 2006 might be what Hamas have in mind

that being said, genuine question: how -did- the 2006 draw/victory/defeat actually change the situation in the region?

In researching this for the Ukraine thread, it was supposed to trigger widespread reform in the IDF and a revaluation of their equipment, doctrine and training, but then they decided... not to ...and started promoting all of their same mythology again. Which is interesting, how an institution reacts to failure tells you a lot about it, and doubling down tells you they will repeat mistakes.

In terms of Lebanese politics, it gave Hezbollah more legitimacy as a protector of the country, I believe that helped them in the political process. The Lebanese Army was pretty rattled by it, but I mean, the Lebanese Army has never been a strong or popular institution. Probably some stuff about Syria and Iran, but of course shortly after Peaceful Protesters cum Moderate Rebels destroyed the Syrian Arab Army for a decade.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
US response is still constrained by the lack of a speaker, so my analysis is that Donald Trump, and Matt Gaetz, are ftw

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lmao at no port

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tel is the ancient dunmer word for tower

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Raccooon posted:

Or the more likely and lol reason that they gave most of their Iron Dome rockets to Ukraine.

each Iron Dome launcher can only hold 40 or so interceptors at a time, so assuming a 100% interception rate (lmao) you still only need 40 times the number of launchers in the area to completely saturate it, and anything beyond that will get through

they've launched ~7,000 rockets since the start of this uprising

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

smarxist posted:

oh my god, i never looked at the stupid Trump Peace Plan for I/P, but someone just posted the map and its absolutely loving insane ahahahaha

The funniest part is that jared kushner and ivanka genuinely tried to make this happen (because they would also grift on top of the ultimate privatization), way more than the psycho dems just lying about peace or a two state solution after everyone just decided to ignore the oslo accords

Lol

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

lmao at no port

they have access to two ports what more could they want?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

each Iron Dome launcher can only hold 40 or so interceptors at a time, so assuming a 100% interception rate (lmao) you still only need 40 times the number of launchers in the area to completely saturate it, and anything beyond that will get through

excuse me they totally needed these secret amazing plans to realize this

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
where did you get that

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1222224528065155072

oh

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Perhaps it is his turn

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al! posted:

except for psycho settlers israel doesnt really want the land it carefully selected to throw away to the inferior race

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Israel try to give Gaza to Egypt as part of their peace treaty but Egypt refused to take it?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

smarxist posted:

The only reason it's a barren desert is because of Israel taking 95% of the water rights.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lmfao thank you president trump

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mister Bates posted:

Alas, our only weakness
41 rockets

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

a new front in the war has opened at the Tel Aviv Costco

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Hezbollah announcing an additional two other fighters died today

https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1711442694130508020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sancho Banana posted:

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Israel try to give Gaza to Egypt as part of their peace treaty but Egypt refused to take it?

egypt sucks and is 100% just a us arms market pretending to be a country

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/JoshKraushaar/status/1711420664622592272?t=1ebYPy2J1yM5abhOi6XUPQ&s=19

Lmao

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FlapYoJacks posted:

Donald Trump FTW!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vile woman.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Raccooon posted:

Is it just that the Iron Dome doesn't work against real rockets?

It's more it doesn't work against a real threat, which we've learned about a lot of the IDF. It was designed to prevent the Israeli population from ever feeling the consequences of relatively minor incursions into Palestinian areas. Each battery can intercept, iirc, about 40 rockets. That's a lot for rockets built in secret in underground workshops and hidden in a tiny area.

However, a single battery of Grad MRLS, the oldest and most common rocket artillery in use by the regular armies of Israel's neighbours, fires 120 rockets, so already you see the problem. Iron Dome basically serves the same purpose as the border fences and walls - not a real defence against an enemy you take seriously, but something to keep the boot on the neck of a captive people.

Hamas having capabilities that cause real damage - knocking out tanks, overrunning garrisons, attacking into Israel, and firing large salvos of rockets, was not something anyone expected or prepared against.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

PawParole posted:

And that, dear reader, was why the Crusader kingdom of Jerusalem fell to the armies of Saladin in 1187, and why the last scraps of the kingdoms of Outremer, as the Crusaders called the land now known as Israel, were mopped up by Muslim armies over the century that followed.
Late to the party, but I thoroughly enjoyed this post and learned stuff.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

"stop resisting"

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Going after everyone

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1711442972565200929

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1711443205156110685

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

At least he believes in giving Palestinians land.