Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

the holy poopacy posted:

I googled it and she claimed she was getting $25-50k per episode for Mandalorian. Considering she didn't even show up in the majority of episodes, that might have been like $150-200k per season tops. So assuming she was being honest (and that does track with the stuff I've read about Disney's pay practices) that would be good money by working joe standards, definitely not get-rich-quick money.

She was getting starring lead in her own Star Wars show that was already in pre-production when she blew everything up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

flubber nuts posted:

speaking of dead careers theres a comment in there by brokencyde. thats a lol.

Holy crap, I thought these guys made that one ridiculous video and that was it, but nope, they did a bunch of poo poo and were even on MTV. I don't remember things being so bleak musically that things like this would get airplay, but maybe I've memory holed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TH5ibABP4U

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

acejackson42 posted:

Holy crap, I thought these guys made that one ridiculous video and that was it, but nope, they did a bunch of poo poo and were even on MTV. I don't remember things being so bleak musically that things like this would get airplay, but maybe I've memory holed it.

yea the MySpace era resulted in some funny stuff like that. what was trending among scene kids (even sort of ironically?) could translate into smth broader for a minute

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

She was getting starring lead in her own Star Wars show that was already in pre-production when she blew everything up

Yet another poor victim of the woke mind virus.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BlGeKFEX1M

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Doja Cat, an extremely mid-tier pop star going through an edgelord phase in a desperate attempt to stay relevant

More like Doja Uncle-Tom-Cat lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Gatto Grigio posted:

Doja Cat, an extremely mid-tier pop star going through an edgelord phase in a desperate attempt to stay relevant

More like Doja Uncle-Tom-Cat lmao

Doja Cat has been an internet edgelord since before she was famous, that's part of how she got famous in the first place

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

acejackson42 posted:

At least they inspired this review (quoting their Wikipedia page):

quote:

A writer for the Warsaw Business Journal attempted to describe their music: "Imagine an impassioned triceratops mating with a steam turbine, while off to the side Daft Punk and the Bee Gees beat each other to death with skillets and spatulas. Imagine the sound that would make. Just try. BrokeNCYDE is kind of like that, except it also makes you want to jab your thumbs into your eyeballs and gargle acid."

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I feel like half the cast of Game of Thrones had their careers killed. Kit Harrington at the very least. I'm sure they're all well off now but they just kind of show up in bad movies occasionally.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
According to IMDB Maise Williams last acting gig was doing the voice of Arya Stark in some free to play mobile game last year.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sourdough Sam posted:

I feel like half the cast of Game of Thrones had their careers killed. Kit Harrington at the very least. I'm sure they're all well off now but they just kind of show up in bad movies occasionally.

Isn’t he working on the Jon Snow spinoff?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
When Katherine Heigl reacted to becoming a breakout star by badmouthing Knocked Up and Grey's Anatomy, the two pieces of work she was most well known for.

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."

Either that, or the day he was born

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Lol, in that same vein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6i-gYRAwM0

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

In the final episode of home improvement, when everyone was waving goodbye, they were perhaps not thinking of being gone for quite so long.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That's famous far right mass shooter, Sam Hyde.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

That's famous far right mass shooter, Sam Hyde.

Thanks, I didn't know either of them :thejoke:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

mannerup posted:

since this is the wrestling page

There's an alternate timeline where he decided against the helmet and sustained a life altering traumatic brain injury from that fall.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Gina Carano went from UFC and bit roles to Fast & Furious and Star Wars (and dating Henry Cavill?) to working with Ben Shapiro. It's an incredible arc.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

well why not posted:

Gina Carano went from UFC and bit roles to Fast & Furious and Star Wars (and dating Henry Cavill?) to working with Ben Shapiro. It's an incredible arc.

She dated Henry Cavill?! That seems surprising.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I know right. Two good looking people getting together. How does that happen?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

well why not posted:

it's completely forgotten now, but within months of her first loss and subsequent retirement from fighting she landed the lead role in a steven soderbergh movie with a huge cast

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

well why not posted:

Annoying fact check Gina never fought in the UFC, she did have a legitimate career in MMA but never fought in an organization with that many eyeballs on it and was retired already by the time UFC even created their women's divisions.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

If anything it makes it funnier how hard she fumbled the Disney deal so lmao

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Mel Gibson had not one, but two career suicide moves! Every once in awhile his name is attached to something that does decently and the media is like 'is the public ready to forgive Mel Gibson?' like they're really trying to push it. How about not encouraging us to forgive awful people?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
We still live in a world where people ride or die for Allen and Polanski so, yeah.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Original_Z posted:

Mel Gibson had not one, but two career suicide moves! Every once in awhile his name is attached to something that does decently and the media is like 'is the public ready to forgive Mel Gibson?' like they're really trying to push it. How about not encouraging us to forgive awful people?

He hasn't made a comeback right? I don't keep up with much but I'm positive I haven't heard about a Mel Gibson movie in 10 or more years.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

He hasn't made a comeback right? I don't keep up with much but I'm positive I haven't heard about a Mel Gibson movie in 10 or more years.

Hacksaw Ridge won a couple oscars iirc

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

I read that he was considered for fury road but turned it down

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

emSparkly posted:

Hacksaw Ridge won a couple oscars iirc

I'd forgotten about that. His IMDB shows him as working pretty regularly in a shitload of movies I've never heard of.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

I'd forgotten about that. His IMDB shows him as working pretty regularly in a shitload of movies I've never heard of.

He's not the draw he once was, but he's also not the heartthrob he once was. Certainly hasn't made anything as good as this:

https://youtu.be/2UoHb0ziMDA?si=GtAmh9dTcHEIDhIL

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

My idiot father is certain without a spot of doubt Mel Gibson is targeted by Hollywood jewery since he directed "The Passion".

He also likes "Wild Wild West", "Pluto Nash" and "After Earth, so he has a type when it comes to movies he enjoys: huge expensive career ending farces.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

laserghost posted:

My idiot father is certain without a spot of doubt Mel Gibson is targeted by Hollywood jewery since he directed "The Passion".

He also likes "Wild Wild West", "Pluto Nash" and "After Earth, so he has a type when it comes to movies he enjoys: huge expensive career ending farces.

I forgot he became a director, Apocalypto was a big deal on release too.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Roblo posted:

She dated Henry Cavill?! That seems surprising.

iirc cavill is kind of a right wing guy who keeps it under wraps

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Peanut Butler posted:

Ah, that explains the Warhammer 40K obsession

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Peanut Butler posted:

But he's so nice and wholesome! He even build a gaming PC once!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't know why I feel so compelled to stand up for Henry Cavil, I know nothing about him as a person, but dating someone you're attracted to is how you find out if you're compatible. Judge people by who they formed long term committed relationships with not who they went out with a few times.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wat. Why post that

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I don't know why I feel so compelled to stand up for Henry Cavil, I know nothing about him as a person, but dating someone you're attracted to is how you find out if you're compatible. Judge people by who they formed long term committed relationships with not who they went out with a few times.

To my understanding (I dont follow pop tabloid stuff much) Cavil dated Carano, dated someone else, went back to Carano, then moved on. Also he made at best tone deaf comments about #metoo and there's a fair bit of rumors about him being a misogynist to the women writers and producers of the Witcher etc but again, just rumors so idk. He might be a solid dude but he's gotten enough bad press I'd be reluctant to just outright support him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
Kramer at the laugh factory.