Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

toasterwarrior posted:

considering that some perks only work with the rumbler's grenade projectile and not the explosion, do the +dmg blessings on the weapon itself even work on the explosion? im trying to suss out what properties to prioritize on a rumbler

well the explosions actually crit now so idk, they might do. I will say at least one blessing should always be Adhesive Charge bow, since it now lets the rumbler nades stick to enemy Ogryns as well. makes killing crushers a lot more reliable

edit: my current Rumbler is Adhesive Charge/Rending Impact, since rending got significantly buffed with the rework they did it helps a lot with the damage of the initial shot and explosion.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Vagabong posted:

Do the psyker shards level off at higher difficulty levels? Been helping a friend who just started level up and they're extremely broken at the 2nd difficulty level; wiping out groups of shooters without even aiming, one shooting every special, that sort of thing.

I'm genuinally curious to see how hard they're going to nerf TK knives, because I'm betting on *hard*.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

basic question to the pros here: should I spend my money to to buy marginally better weapons as they come available or save it for something much better down the line? I don't really know how this game's economy works

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Gotta say I much prefer the Ironhelm over the Crucis hammer in this new patch. The Crucis has that easy heavy combo of course, but you can sort of imitate it with the Ironhelm if you do heavy > heavy > block > repeat. And in return you get a way better shove-attack and can easily pick off elites when they're embedded in a horde. Damage-wise they seem similar as well AFAICT, since the Ironhelm can still one-shot Beasts of Nurgle all the same.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

AndrewP posted:

basic question to the pros here: should I spend my money to to buy marginally better weapons as they come available or save it for something much better down the line? I don't really know how this game's economy works

I think that you level fast enough in DT, and the better weapons are gated by level (i.e. what spawns in the store), that I would buy a new weapon that looks interesting or definitely better. But I wouldn't buy something I know is an incremental improvement until 25+.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I don't like immolation grenades because they make me have to squint if it's the good fire or the bad fire covering the ground.

Bad fire = Orange Starburst candies.
Good fire = Lemon Starburst candies.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

AndrewP posted:

The amount of cash you'd spend is peanuts in the long-term; go for anything that catches your eye. Anything you can get for dockets that has a tier 2 or higher blessing is probably worth it for the blessing alone.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sestze posted:

The Bombs Away! Grenade now opens up and explodes against anything, including the ground, so if you can settle for six smaller explosions in a more localized area, you can have two of 'em.
thanks for the tip, this is cool as hell :tipshat:

that said i want to raise a complaint about explosions in general: the damage falloff with distance feels way too strong. landing a grenade gauntlet in the middle of a dense horde of infested only to actually kill maybe 2 or 3 idiots feels real bad, even if it's still good cc for the rest

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I tried a Rumbler/Bull Butcher build last night after I got a purple from Melks and then rolled it into this seemingly good setup. But my damage output was anemic compared to my usual Gorgonum/Bull Butcher where I charge around and kill everything. From reading the last few posts maybe I pair it with a shield and respec my talents some. If I can find Adhesive Charge what Blessing should I replace?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Is Martyrdom worth taking these days? I see everyone using Fury or Momentum, but I really like living on the edge with Martyrdom.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Deptfordx posted:

I'm genuinally curious to see how hard they're going to nerf TK knives, because I'm betting on *hard*.

Probably halving reserve ammo and a slight increase to recharge time, while buffing the aimed shot to be smoother / less cludgy. Make it still good, but less spammy, and easier to pinpoint specials and elites in packs.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I tried a Rumbler/Bull Butcher build last night after I got a purple from Melks and then rolled it into this seemingly good setup. But my damage output was anemic compared to my usual Gorgonum/Bull Butcher where I charge around and kill everything. From reading the last few posts maybe I pair it with a shield and respec my talents some. If I can find Adhesive Charge what Blessing should I replace?

you can't replace a blessing since you've already rerolled both perks on that Rumbler, moot point. Tbh I think you'll want to get a better blast radius roll anyway so having to fish for a better base was probably necessary anyway.

I think Shattering Impact/Adhesive Charge is the combo to go with, and preferred perks are carapace, unyielding or maniac.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

A Cool Video Game Too posted:

you can't replace a blessing since you've already rerolled both perks on that Rumbler, moot point. Tbh I think you'll want to get a better blast radius roll anyway so having to fish for a better base was probably necessary anyway.

I think Shattering Impact/Adhesive Charge is the combo to go with, and preferred perks are carapace, unyielding or maniac.

oh poo poo you're right, I forgot the new system is like "replace 2 of any of the 4" and in a haze I just clicked around last night. Time to fish for a new one that gets me adhesive charge and then probably pull the shattering impact off this one.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
I dunno if this is new dialogue but :allears: (right click to unmute)
https://i.imgur.com/kEYf5lp.mp4

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Exodee posted:

Bodyguard voice pack best voice pack :allears:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

drat, roasted to death by an ogryn

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

AndrewP posted:

To be honest, your experience with weapons during the leveling process bears only a slight similarity to how those weapons behave at higher levels. My experience with nearly every class is that the 'basic' weapons (Devil's Claw, etc) feel bad and the class specials feel very good basically as soon as you unlock them - Evisc for Zealot, Power Sword for Vet, etc, and you should try those out as soon as you can. However, those 'basic' weapons can be quite good at higher levels with the right setup and so don't let your early experience shape your opinion of them too much.

EDIT: And as others have said, money is a nonissue. You're not going to spend through currency that you are going to wish you had saved. Even melkbucks are relatively easy to get these days.

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 9, 2023

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mendrian posted:

To be honest, your experience with weapons during the leveling process bears only a slight similarity to how those weapons behave at higher levels. My experience with nearly every class is that the 'basic' weapons (Devil's Claw, etc) feel bad and the class specials feel very good basically as soon as you unlock them - Evisc for Zealot, Power Sword for Vet, etc, and you should try those out as soon as you can. However, those 'basic' weapons can be quite good at higher levels with the right setup and so don't let your early experience shape your opinion of them too much.

megane posted:

The amount of cash you'd spend is peanuts in the long-term; go for anything that catches your eye. Anything you can get for dockets that has a tier 2 or higher blessing is probably worth it for the blessing alone.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I think that you level fast enough in DT, and the better weapons are gated by level (i.e. what spawns in the store), that I would buy a new weapon that looks interesting or definitely better. But I wouldn't buy something I know is an incremental improvement until 25+.

Thanks all!

if this was like Destiny or Division where you're finding better and better guns as you level and just using them I'd do that, but it seems like I need to actively go in and buy better gear in Darktide so I just wasn't sure. Though sometimes I do get free stuff? not sure what triggers that.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

If you successfully complete a match or level up you'll get free stuff. You'll also unlock new gear types as you level. Personally, as I was leveling I just used the highest power thing I got as I leveled. Gave me an excuse to try different weapons. But yeah, no reason not to buy stuff. I wouldn't go too crazy upgrading in crafting until you hit 30. It's nice to have a bit saved up to kit out your character a bit once you hit 30. Either way, no real wrong answers.

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 9, 2023

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

speaking of leveling how much more XP is Malice compared to Uprising difficulty?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

get over your fear of playing with goons and play with goons so we can chuck you into low intensity 4s and jack your level up a bunch so you can have more fun with builds!

To actually answer your question with another non-answer, you can answer your own question by looking at a Malice mission and Uprising mission and comparing the totals yourself. There is a significant jump most likely, and that gets changed by modifiers and secondary objectives + whether or not you use quickplay and get quickplay bonuses.

The leveling experience now is so different from when anyone who has played since launch it's gonna be hard to tell you tbh.

Anecdotally in a gooncord we've helped some players who were at levels 20 and 17 respectively hit 27 and 24 running them through 4s and eventually through a few 5s. They each gained approx 1 level a mission, the 17 got 2 levels a couple of times.

Levels aside they both improved significantly mechanically as we played and held their own by the end. Big ups to them!

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 9, 2023

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I smoke so much weed when I play this I can barely see, and intensity 4 is still pretty easy even with pubbies now that you can make crazier builds

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

A Cool Video Game Too posted:

get over your fear of playing with goons and play with goons so we can chuck you into low intensity 4s and jack your level up a bunch so you can have more fun with builds!

To actually answer your question with another non-answer, you can answer your own question by looking at a Malice mission and Uprising mission and comparing the totals yourself. There is a significant jump most likely, and that gets changed by modifiers and secondary objectives + whether or not you use quickplay and get quickplay bonuses.

The leveling experience now is so different from when anyone who has played since launch it's gonna be hard to tell you tbh.

Anecdotally in a gooncord we've helped some players who were at levels 20 and 17 respectively hit 27 and 24 running them through 4s and eventually through a few 5s. They each gained approx 1 level a mission, the 17 got 2 levels a couple of times.

Levels aside they both improved significantly mechanically as we played and held their own by the end. Big ups to them!
i'm barely winnin haz3 maybe half my goes, i'm not gonna subject myself to the gut-churning fun-draining feeling of being an anchor among people i tangentially know

but thanks for answering the qu- oh nevermind

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Devorum posted:

Is Martyrdom worth taking these days? I see everyone using Fury or Momentum, but I really like living on the edge with Martyrdom.

I have been running Martyr with the left tree dash and +toughness on hit eviscerator and I feel confident letting someone else have the last heal or running grimoires and getting purple stacked. I couldn't imagine being a squishier priest.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

As a brand new player I feel like leveling isn't really a huge problem. My friend and I mashed Quickplay and I hit level 30 after 27 successful missions and a couple failures with the quickplay XP bonus. It didn't feel like much of a grind.

Exodee posted:

Big Friendly & Lil Shouty is a great team shell, you can salvage a lot of dead teammate spirals when you are both unkillable murder oafs.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ciaphas posted:

drat, roasted to death by an ogryn

all of the ogryn lines are loving gold

my favorite is when the team is discussing one of their handlers and the ogryn's contribution to the conversation is just "Don't care."

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The game has been trolling me today. I decided to level up the Zealot, and man level 14 players that can't even interact with medical stations (despite the entire team being hurt, are losing eventually because of that) are the bane of my existence. I had to give up and lower the difficulty, but the game got me a mission where the server crashed, and another (the supply train one) where it had an old bug, where the end of the mission won't ever trigger. We waited 10 mores minutes than usual and nothing. I thought that was solved already.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Reiley posted:

I have been running Martyr with the left tree dash and +toughness on hit eviscerator and I feel confident letting someone else have the last heal or running grimoires and getting purple stacked. I couldn't imagine being a squishier priest.

Rolling around with a full bar of wounds and not feeling like a goon for doing it is pretty nice, I'm not gonna lie.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Fatshark already got back to me and said they'll handle the two racist homophobes I submitted to them.

Pretty cool, but I do wonder what that means.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ciaphas posted:

i'm barely winnin haz3 maybe half my goes, i'm not gonna subject myself to the gut-churning fun-draining feeling of being an anchor among people i tangentially know

but thanks for answering the qu- oh nevermind

Sorry heh, I realized I wasn't answering your question in retrospect and edited it to be honest.

If you need help still even if you aren't up for eating it in 4s folks are generally up for just chilling in some 3s so you can get a feel for the difficulty. Generally a good rule of thumb is if you can successfully complete a particular difficulty regularly, that's what you should be playing at to level.

And for what it's worth, pubbing in 4s and 5s is ironically easier as all the veteran players only play those difficulties cause the game is tuned around playing those when you're level 30 with optimized gear. Makes it much easier to consistently win those difficulties.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 9, 2023

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Ciaphas posted:

Anchor is completely the wrong word, this game is a bit more like quake than counterstrike. By that I mean a good player could feasibly not get hit at all in difficulty 3 and 4.

Lower level content with goons is fun as hell too, and a nice change of pace. You'd be putting smiles on goon faces

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I like purposefully running into demonhosts when I'm helping someone level up in 3s.

edit: yeah I'm not a cool zealot with the instagib thunderhammer setup which can probably also do this in 5s :)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

The Demilich posted:

Fatshark already got back to me and said they'll handle the two racist homophobes I submitted to them.

Pretty cool, but I do wonder what that means.

Preferably this

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

speaking of leveling how much more XP is Malice compared to Uprising difficulty?
if anyone cares the answer is 1900, 2000, 3100, 4250, and 5450 base xp per mission for haz 1-5. so as xp goes haz2 is kinda weird but but from there it's pretty linear

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

Preferably this

wait someone remind me, is that servitor the traitor from the level progression cutscenes

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

toasterwarrior posted:

wait someone remind me, is that servitor the traitor from the level progression cutscenes

Per the new patch yes. Prior to 30 you now see the traitor as their usual self working that shop. Post 30 they turn into that.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
hah that rules

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Always remember that in multiplayer co-op modes the hardest difficulties are always the easiest due to people repeating it so much that they could do it with their eyes closed and min/maxed to the ceiling and the easiest difficulties are filled with both newbies who have no idea what they are doing and the most toxic braindead dredges humankind has to offer that will get mad at the newbies at the drop of a hat because deep down they know they will always be trapped struggling in the easy difficulty.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
fwiw ive only had one idiot teammate that led to a ragequit ever since the overhaul, a particularly bad zealot that kept rushing ahead and getting bodied in diff 4. 2 wounds too, a bad sign. but the worst part was triggering a daemonhost after we picked his rear end up for like the third time; there's comebacks from getting downed repeatedly or taking on an elite mob, but daemonhosts are run-killers straight up and i just ran out of patience for that guy

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

toasterwarrior posted:

fwiw ive only had one idiot teammate that led to a ragequit ever since the overhaul, a particularly bad zealot that kept rushing ahead and getting bodied in diff 4. 2 wounds too, a bad sign. but the worst part was triggering a daemonhost after we picked his rear end up for like the third time; there's comebacks from getting downed repeatedly or taking on an elite mob, but daemonhosts are run-killers straight up and i just ran out of patience for that guy

Are two wounds the sign of a bad Zealot post 2.0?

:smith: