Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Cheen posted:

i knew usa today was "easy reading" news but this is going too far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i like how we make joke posts about voting and marching for peace and these dipshit garbage liberals make them seriously

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Pokémon Go-lan heights liberation

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

i like how we make joke posts about voting and marching for peace and these dipshit garbage liberals make them seriously

they think that the real world works like the end of How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

gradenko_2000 posted:

this is so loving dumb. Hamas did not need Iran Russia Trump to tell them that "launching lots of rockets can overwhelm Iron Dome"

I mean, was that common knowledge before?

The system has mostly outperformed expectations up until now, or at least that was the impression I got from reporting on iron dome

The fact that you can just break the system by launching enough rockets is pretty big news

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

What if they smashed down the wall and marched straight to the polls?

pokemon go to your deaths for my comfort please

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hizbullah has officiially announced that they are bombing and shelling israeli military barracks and bases with guided missiles

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1711455039531761908?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Death to the state of israel and all those who stand against freedom and justice.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they think that the real world works like the end of How The Grinch Stole Christmas

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Hizbullah has officiially announced that they are bombing and shelling israeli military barracks and bases

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1711455039531761908?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Wow

speng31b has issued a correction as of 17:55 on Oct 14, 2023

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

The system has mostly outperformed expectations up until now, or at least that was the impression I got from reporting on iron dome

The fact that you can just break the system by launching enough rockets is pretty big news

It fails literally every time it gets used. Hamas has been overwhelming it for years.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

That's so spot on, lmao

If we just use the right words and a cute enough Palestinian child we can convince Israel to create a real Palestinian state where people have human rights and access to clean water and nutritious food

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Al-Saqr posted:

Hizbullah has officiially announced that they are bombing and shelling israeli military barracks and bases

welp, time to ask my buddy how his family is doing in lebanon

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Tom Guycot posted:

From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Death to the state of israel and all those who stand against freedom and justice.

that's right!

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Hizbullah has officiially announced that they are bombing and shelling israeli military barracks and bases with guided missiles

good

i dont want this to expand but at this point this was entirely going to happen with israel bombing and goading hezbollah and honestly what other chance do the palestinians have

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

gradenko_2000 posted:

this is so loving dumb. Hamas did not need Iran Russia Trump to tell them that "launching lots of rockets can overwhelm Iron Dome"

another fancy tech defeated by the pigeonhole principle

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Al-Saqr posted:

allahu akbar! allahu akbar! allahu akbar!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Hezbollah: I'm calling you out. You're chickens. Big scaredy cats.

E: goddamn late

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

yes? like it's a basic principle of missile defense that as long as the thing you're launching is cheaper than the thing intercepting it, all you need to do is Launch More Rockets

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

That's so spot on, lmao

If we just use the right words and a cute enough Palestinian child we can convince Israel to create a real Palestinian state where people have human rights and access to clean water and nutritious food

it worked in the MCU so i don’t see why it shouldn’t work in this case

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Tom Guycot posted:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Is there a correct english spelling of Hezbollah/Hizbullah or is this one of those words where they are a bunch of them and none of them are truly correct?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1711456574856679664

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1711456186204119116

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

inshallah

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Is there a correct english spelling of Hezbollah/Hizbullah or is this one of those words where they are a bunch of them and none of them are truly correct?

there's no official romanization of arabic iirc

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Yeah also it's big news that you can defeat tank armor with more powerful rounds, Trump leaked that too

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Israel is announcing a clear intent to genocide the population of Gaza via total economic siege and western liberals are hand wringing about the methods Palestinians use to combat occupation

Worthless fucks. From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Al! posted:

not even arguable at this point

someone will try!!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

PhilippAchtel posted:

Demanding that Palestinians sacrifice themselves in front of Israeli machine guns for a sympathy which CLEARLY will never come from the international community, all so they can enjoy a bit of smug satisfaction.

gently caress Western liberals. They are the source of so much that is wrong with this world, including this exact problem!

:sigh:

I recognize the oppressiveness of Israel, I just think they should have tried [list of poo poo they already tried] before doing [list of poo poo israel has done to them] to [people occupying their lands by force]

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Al! posted:

lol jacobin. they lept on this same point in service of juan guaido

i thought jacobin was pretty far left but i guess all print media is basically like this, nepo babies and crypto libertarians at best or feckless liberals at worst

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Whoa

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Shouldn't Hezbollah, at the very least, get upgraded to "soldiers"? They're a uniformed army with ranks.

I know I know, blatant media racism, but really, the gently caress is a fighter

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Al-Saqr posted:

Inshallah

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The enchilada begins

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

irony here being this is from a private account

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/mck_beth/status/1711430202708971646

oh hey once you start giving "civilians" arms what does that make them?

or is CNN going to have to start calling them "non-military militias"?

maybe they can get some tips from the Ukrainian babushkas in Festung Kharkiv

Utterly classic fascist move, of course. Get the people who might otherwise be on the fence or passively involved in policies deeper into the active policies, and make it so that, once they realize what's going on and what they've been party to, it's too late to back out and the only way forward is more crimes.

Just completely vile for so many reasons. I'm sure arming civilians will go absolutely swimmingly.

HallelujahLee posted:

I mean they don't actually follow or care about this and aren't affected by it in the slightest degree, so it's unsurprising their takes are garbage

(Disclosure: I am also a white dude who is, in the final calculus, not affected by this in the slightest, but I at least try to have some awareness of the actual material realities of the situation and what being imprisoned for a full human generation does to a motherfucker)

Also: welp, there's the two front war I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

The Oldest Man posted:

Yeah also it's big news that you can defeat tank armor with more powerful rounds, Trump leaked that too

good. praise Trump praise Allah