Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
(its slc numbnutses)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
psyoppa gangnam style

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Sancho Banana posted:

An American invasion of Iran would legit be Vietnam 2.0. No way they'll go for it.

America loves getting into unwinnable imperial wars based on obviously faked intelligence provided by "allies" that not-so-secretly hate the US, it's like America's favorite pastime.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

This guy is how I imagine 95% of settlers, just tubby out of shape and unemployable losers who moved to tel Aviv with their more successful parents but they can't afford a house because they have no good jobs or prospects so they just take housing from Palestinians

I imagine a lot of terrible Americans would take this option if it was still available to them

Just the worst loving people on earth
americans did take this option, 150 years ago

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

SpaceDrake posted:

But like, also this, as a tangent. The settler movement might've attracted hardened tough guys who fought and/or were brutalized by Nazis once upon a time

Weren't holocaust survivors treated horribly in Israel up to the eichmann trial because the zionist settlers who were already there think they were weak pussies who let themselves get slaughtered and also morons for not coming to Palestine with them when they told them to lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

(its slc numbnutses)

i've never been to either

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Al! posted:

pretty wild that there are apparently there are no mosques in tehran but there is a huge mormon temple

my favorite were the multiple US banks in the skyline, companies who would be ground into dust by OFAC sanctions for even saying the word "tehran" lmao

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

americans did take this option, 150 years ago

That's what I meant when I said "if it was still available to them" lol

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/rtyson82/status/1711467844070932573

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i've never been to either

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

my favorite were the multiple US banks in the skyline, companies who would be ground into dust by OFAC sanctions for even saying the word "tehran" lmao

Personally my eyes glaze over when someone posts a skyline

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
It's genuinely maddening to read news articles and Reddit posts about this situation. It makes all of the astroturfed Ukraine support look insignificant. The average person is 100% behind Israel and their fight against the muslim terrorists.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

genericnick posted:

So it is Israel's 911

it really is

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Tehran

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

oh i'm supposed to zoom in to every photo to inspect it. gtfoh. it's a city it's got mountains, i get the point

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1711467434878660656

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTY8hrvFck8&t=12s

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

yeah but that is a p good looking one

what's the cost of living like there?

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

surge is back baby

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Egypt, Jordan and Syria all have the opportunity to do the funniest thing now

Israel was doomed the moment they opposed the lion of Damascus

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Don Pigeon posted:

It's genuinely maddening to read news articles and Reddit posts about this situation. It makes all of the astroturfed Ukraine support look insignificant. The average person is 100% behind Israel and their fight against the muslim terrorists.

reading reddit posts is the worst possible use of the life god gave you

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Don Pigeon posted:

I know nevergoonreddit.mov
But using RES, you can apply keyword filters and filter subreddits out and thank Allah for them. I just wanna see like game updates or corgi pics or sport clips.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

mdemone posted:

its going up up up up up.

largest increase of rent prices in the past year in the states iirc.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Oh nice your city has some buildings and sky? Cool cool. Hey I've got to go I have a thing in the morning

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Manfucaturing

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Al! posted:

(its slc numbnutses)

my god the iranians are already infiltrating america we must strike NOW

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Sancho Banana posted:

Weren't holocaust survivors treated horribly in Israel up to the eichmann trial because the zionist settlers who were already there think they were weak pussies who let themselves get slaughtered and also morons for not coming to Palestine with them when they told them to lmao

Yeah, which is why I went and edited that out. My Liberal Instinct™ is to give people the slightest shred of doubt, but nah gently caress that, WB settlers deserve none, especially modern ones

Al! posted:

(its slc numbnutses)

Can confirm I am a numbnut, and have also been to neither city

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ahhahahahahahahaa

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

ikanreed posted:

Shouldn't Hezbollah, at the very least, get upgraded to "soldiers"? They're a uniformed army with ranks.

I know I know, blatant media racism, but really, the gently caress is a fighter

The US and Israel ignore the provisions the US and Great Britain themselves added to the 1949 Geneva conventions:

Conflicts not of an international character posted:

ART. 3. — In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each Party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

1) Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

and the sections Italy and France insisted on based on their experience in the Resistance in WW2:

Prisoners of war posted:

ART. 4. — A. Prisoners of war, in the sense of the present Convention, are persons belonging to one of the following categories, who have fallen into the power of the enemy:

2) Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, belonging to a Party to the conflict and operating in or outside their own territory, even if this territory is occupied, provided that such militias or volunteer corps, including such organized resistance movements, fulfil the following conditions:

a) that of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;

b) that of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance;

c) that of carrying arms openly;

d) that of conducting operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war

However, the US invented the legal fiction of “Unlawful Combatants” via John Yoo, who was also responsible for authorizing wiretapping and torture. He’s a respected law professor revered by #Resistance libs as a pathbreaking Asian American, because liberals have consistent principles.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

mdemone posted:

not bad, not great.

the air quality is abysmal though, and you're surrounded by mormons

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Israel is running out of ammo already?

Neoliberalism strikes again.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Kitfox88 posted:

we've invaded utah once, we'll do it again

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1711424045340594499

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sancho Banana posted:

An American invasion of Iran would legit be Vietnam 2.0. No way they'll go for it.

RWN did an episode years ago about a potential war and it's so funny that they had to change all sorts of rules in their war games to get the Americans a win.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Too Many Birds posted:

its going up up up up up.

largest increase of rent prices in the past year in the states iirc.

gently caress all that then

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
The Nazi apologists at the Kyiv Independent are pretty loving desperate to keep America's attention

https://kyivindependent.com/military-intelligence-russia-gives-hamas-weapons-captured-in-ukraine-to-discredit-kyiv/

Military intelligence: Russia gives Hamas weapons captured in Ukraine to discredit Kyiv

quote:

Russia has transferred Western-made weapons captured in Ukraine to the extremist organization Hamas fighting against Israel in an effort to discredit Kyiv, Ukraine's military intelligence (HUR) reported on Oct. 9.

Moscow plans to falsely accuse the Ukrainian military of selling weaponry provided by the U.S. and EU to Hamas, according to HUR.

"As part of the Kremlin's disinformation campaign, these fakes should form the basis of a number of 'revealing articles' and 'investigations' in Western media," the HUR wrote.

According to the intelligence agency, Russian special services plan to use Ruslan Syrovyi, a senior lieutenant from the Ukrainian Border Service who has committed treason and fled to Moscow, as a "source" for this campaign.

"Another provocation by the enemy aims to discredit the Armed Forces of Ukraine and make Western partners cease military aid to our country," HUR said.

now I'm wondering if Ukraine really did sell them weapons

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

check out this sweet pic i found of the ayatolah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drat it's crazy that everyone in power is just openly supporting a genocide