Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Tunicate posted:

Scotty has seniority and the computer knows it.

What we didn’t see is that Scotty didn’t even open the dilithium chamber, the computer just popped it open because the ship is really horny for him very eager to show off to the chief engineer of the no-a,b,c,or d Enterprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
“Geordi, when you touch the engines, you’re touching me…”
“Aye here’s a fancy intermix chamber”
“GET UP INSIDE ME YOU GLORIOUS SCOTSMAN”

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

redshirt posted:

gently caress that one Cardassian rear end in a top hat. Kira put him down eventually, I think.
Didn't Damar do it? I could be misremembering but I thought he had to do it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Woah could you imagine Romulan Troi just stepping on you lol? Like wow that would be weird if she just pushed me down and started walking on me lmao. Could you even imagine? Like woah what would that even look like lmfao

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

One thing I did wish was that there was a bit more screen time on the Romulans. They've always felt more on equal terms to the Federation than the Klingons or Cardassians but then maybe by exploring them more it would lose some of that mystery and enigma.

I've not checked out Picard at all but the Romulans are more central in that right? I might check it out after I watch SNW.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Woah could you imagine Romulan Troi just stepping on you lol? Like wow that would be weird if she just pushed me down and started walking on me lmao. Could you even imagine? Like woah what would that even look like lmfao

I think you would enjoy the Mirror Mirror TNG book. Dark Troi is basically a dominatrix torturer.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Flipswitch posted:

One thing I did wish was that there was a bit more screen time on the Romulans. They've always felt more on equal terms to the Federation than the Klingons or Cardassians but then maybe by exploring them more it would lose some of that mystery and enigma.

I've not checked out Picard at all but the Romulans are more central in that right? I might check it out after I watch SNW.

Yeah, I've always felt the Romulans were a little under-represented in the shows too. But the trouble, as I once saw it put, is that the Cardassians took the Romulans' entire shtick (secretive, oppressive, militaristic, paranoid) and then did it much better.

They do show up in the Picard show, quite prominently in Season 1, but unfortunately it's not written terribly well.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"Computer, generate a hologram of Counselor Troi."

*whoosh*

"Keyword: 'metal'."

*Troi gets 12-inch spiked heels and whip*

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Gutcruncher posted:

woah that's weird dude. that's way weird. huh. weird.

anyway i'll be in holodeck three

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I bet they're having to mass-produce those one-man personal holopods from Lower Decks as fast as they can because literally every single person in the Federation is demanding their own now.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

davidspackage posted:

*whoosh*

*Troi becomes Pink Gold Peach*

"Set course: Rainbow Road."

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

redshirt posted:

Indeed. With Garak there the whole time to add another dimension to it as well.

gently caress that one Cardassian rear end in a top hat. Kira put him down eventually, I think.

The whole "Yeh, Damar, What kind of people give those orders." bit is incredible writing. Such a simple scene but its the whole 7 seasons summed up in a single sentence, basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjd9RgRUQDY

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Hollismason posted:

No one in the show points out that Neelix nose looks like a dick

Neelix was indeed Nothing But Trouble.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

sheepdemon posted:

The whole "Yeh, Damar, What kind of people give those orders." bit is incredible writing. Such a simple scene but its the whole 7 seasons summed up in a single sentence, basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjd9RgRUQDY

Kira also excelled in this arc. I think of her and Damar as a duo more than her and Odo.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Red Warrior posted:

Yeah he's like one of two guys with a non-speaking role just standing behind Dukat on the bridge. I guess Casey Briggs was just one of those actors who shows up on time and does the job no complaints and gradually parlayed that into a full role.

No, they were always planning to make Damar into more of a character. Even in his first episode he's filmed as if he's significant, even though he doesn't do anything.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Admiralty Flag posted:

Didn't Damar do it? I could be misremembering but I thought he had to do it.

You may be right, it's been awhile.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

redshirt posted:

You may be right, it's been awhile.

It’s the final culmination of the “what kind of people” scene. Rusat (the rear end in a top hat) is maniacally ranting about the glorious return of the old Cardassia while the threatening to kill Kira. Damar has a choice; let Rusat kill Kira and admit that he is fighting only be the oppressor again or kill Rusat and break free of, as Garak put it, his romanticism of the old Cardassia.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

God I entirely forgot about how good Garak was in that arc, too. What an incredible show.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

be brave

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Aww man now I really want a Ferengi to call a bipedal bovine a Moo-mon.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Flipswitch posted:

why would you do that to yourself?

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

maybealabia posted:

Neelix, the drat Kazon, the cancer people, and the pollution people were all that's left in the quadrant

The Borg didn't want any of them

I was going somewhere with this but it didn't quite land

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Delta quad also has cool Hirogen and Dinosaur men

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Big rear end On Fire posted:

you missed one

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I can't remember but did the Dinosaur people have a reason that in millions of years they hadn't accomplished much of anything? It's sort of like the Borg issue where they really should have conquered the galaxy by now just given what we generally know of their histories.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

youre never gonna believe it but it was another asteroid again

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

This isn’t related to anything but it’s a shame Rip Torn never got to portray a Klingon.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sedgr posted:

I can't remember but did the Dinosaur people have a reason that in millions of years they hadn't accomplished much of anything? It's sort of like the Borg issue where they really should have conquered the galaxy by now just given what we generally know of their histories.

They were pretty advanced compared to Voyager.

But also it was a bit of "We're actually just fine as we are and don't need to do anything else other than be awesome"

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Space Jam posted:

This isn’t related to anything but it’s a shame Rip Torn never got to portray a Klingon.

You think we’re hosting an intergalactic kegger here?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
not every species is expansionist.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Yeah, the Voth were such religious fundies that they must have avoided encountering anything that would have challenged their worldview. Or if they did, they retreated and never spoke of it again.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sedgr posted:

They're pretty much the most advanced non-energy species we've seen in Trek until 10-C.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Me too, the Romulans were always interesting to me and--

quote:

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Powered Descent posted:

Yeah, I've always felt the Romulans were a little under-represented in the shows too. But the trouble, as I once saw it put, is that the Cardassians took the Romulans' entire shtick (secretive, oppressive, militaristic, paranoid) and then did it much better.

It is interesting to think of DS9 with Romulans instead of Cardassians.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Cessna posted:

It is interesting to think of DS9 with Romulans instead of Cardassians.

The thing that makes this not really work for me is that Romulans just aren't cocky. Even in TNG, Cardassians had that in spades.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Space Jam posted:

It's only my own particular brainworm, but every time I see "Rip Torn" for just an instant I think "Rip Taylor."

So what is the Klingon word for "confetti"?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

davidspackage posted:

*whoosh*

*Troi gets 12-inch spiked heels and whip*

I imagine it''s more like;

"Computer; generate a model of Counselor Troi"

"Apply outfit;' 'Tango-Zero-Two-Four' from my personal files."

"Set Personality preset 'Juliet-Four-Four-Alpha'"

"Insert character into program; 'Dominatrix Dungeon, Version Four."

"Execute Program and Engage".

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Mirage posted:

It's only my own particular brainworm, but every time I see "Rip Torn" for just an instant I think "Rip Taylor."

It's my brainworm too and I had a hearty chuckle at the mental image before I re-read it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Big rear end On Fire posted:

I like how almost every Star Trek has a race that are just garbage men driving space dumpsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I watched ep 1 on a whim and it didn't catch my interest at all so that's me done with Picard folks.

Starting SNW Wed with a friend.