Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Does Wazy actually flirt with women when not on his hostess side gig though? That part you can tell it's only business for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I feel like he says out of pocket stuff on the regular but it doesn’t involve flirting (with girls)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei posted:

tbh with every flirty man in this series (Olivier/Olivert, Wazy, etc.) I'm legit unsure if Falcom writes them as bisexuals or merely "straight but flirts with dudes to get funny reactions out of them".
wazy is definitely meant to be bi. tbh im not sure hes ever shown sincerely flirting with a girl outside his side-job so he might just be gay

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

IceBorg posted:

Does Wazy actually flirt with women when not on his hostess side gig though? That part you can tell it's only business for him.

he doesn't start stuff with women when not working generally but he'll play along if someone else initiates even if he's off the clock.

Endorph posted:

wazy is definitely meant to be bi. tbh im not sure hes ever shown sincerely flirting with a girl outside his side-job so he might just be gay

i always saw him as kinda asexual but just likes flirting in general, since he's never all that horny despite 90% of the things he says.

might totally be gay/bi though i dunno. Olivier otoh is absolutely bi as hell

e:

MythosDragon posted:

They did set that up for some reason lmao. Anything else from 2011 would have too, which adds credence to it.

it's less of a setup and more that Wazy consistently doesn't seem to care. like he's asked directly a couple times(mostly by npcs and once by Randy) and his answer is always "what do you think i am" or "what would you prefer". He just rolls with whatever.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 8, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is there a menu anywhere that lists your corridor fetch quests, or can you only check them at the core?

e: n/m you hold down the L trigger and then press Mission instead of Horse

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 8, 2023

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy who mostly plays PC-98 games seems to like Ys 10 okay at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asuZhTEYRgU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hell, sounds good enough to me

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Honestly the fanpatch of Daybreak 1 has been impressive enough that I've started considering the Daybreak 2 one, although I notice that the readme explicitly states that machine translation is behind most of it, with some guy's YouTube playthrough for the rest.

Was 1 done that way? If so I can rely on their ability to deshittify machine translation, but generally when I see machine translation I get all your base vibes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the Kuro 1 fanpatch was handtranslated outside of some minor side conversations. No idea about Kuro 2.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

Honestly the fanpatch of Daybreak 1 has been impressive enough that I've started considering the Daybreak 2 one, although I notice that the readme explicitly states that machine translation is behind most of it, with some guy's YouTube playthrough for the rest.

Was 1 done that way? If so I can rely on their ability to deshittify machine translation, but generally when I see machine translation I get all your base vibes.

I checked recently, and the Daybreak 2 fan patch now says it has both all the main quest and side quests translated (actual translated, not machine). NPCs are in progress for most parts.

Haven't started playing it yet, though. Taking a break to do some other stuff, and maybe once I'm done it'll be further along. I liked the NPCs in Daybreak enough that I'm not that keen on them being machine-translated.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah I still have Nayuta to get through, and FF16 to finish, and there's other stuff for me to do, so my plan was to wait a little anyhow, but it seems that Kuro1 got the hand treatment and Kuro2 less so.

I wonder what timeline the Garghav translations are running on. Not because I'm demanding them ASAP but because when I know a timeline I can make time for them. Like how I've already set aside time for FF7R2.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I’ve dropped Ys X after about 10 hours. The combination of an even more talking-heavy activity bias, the interminable sailing and the insane amount of damage bosses seem to take because they take nothing at all until you “stagger” them and then repeatedly charge the bar back up again (the first big boss basically had 4 times as much health as the bar suggested because of this) completely killed it for me.

Within 2 hours of the start of 9 I’d done a prison break, some running around, a funny reference to crashing ships all the time and a dungeon. In the same time in 10 I’d done a little running, a couple of fights and a very small dungeon which had some music that sounded like it came out of a Trails dungeon in it - the main problem being that when you get into a fight in Trails a battle track starts.

Biggest disappointment of the year for me.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Gungnir, Virgo, and Vega master quartzes all have a % chance of art crits in Reverie. Do those stack?

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

The Gungnir, Virgo, and Vega master quartzes all have a % chance of art crits in Reverie. Do those stack?

I believe they do, yeah.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/1711431197983989995

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

People seem pretty hyped about this. Did they do localization for CS1 and 2 or something?

And here’s the Eng cast list:

https://vxtwitter.com/nisamerica/status/1711426298374152359?s=46

https://vxtwitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1711427553934836089?t=Cgq2nf97jPWjHoMh7Hi-rQ&s=19

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Finished chapter 3 in Reverie of Team C's part.
Good chapter for them. Was a little lukewarm on them at first (not a fan of Rufus), but they're growing on me. Helps that I'm finally getting some decent orbs to make them shine.
Love Rufus and Lapis's interactions and her scene with all the doll replicas was neat. Every good Trails team need some little doll to protect and help her smile. Always love more screentime of Renne as well.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

SgtSteel91 posted:

People seem pretty hyped about this. Did they do localization for CS1 and 2 or something?

And here’s the Eng cast list:

https://vxtwitter.com/nisamerica/status/1711426298374152359?s=46

https://vxtwitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1711427553934836089?t=Cgq2nf97jPWjHoMh7Hi-rQ&s=19

That's Brittany, who was involved with the XSeed localizations of the Trails games, as well as the voice dub directions. She's a big Trails fan and always willing to go the extra mile for the games. Needless to say, having her on board is a promising sign for the quality of the localization.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I mean, she also had a lot to do with Reverie and that localization was awful. Depends on how much NISA is going to give a poo poo this time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Artix posted:

I mean, she also had a lot to do with Reverie and that localization was awful. Depends on how much NISA is going to give a poo poo this time.
The work Hatsuu would have been involved in on Reverie was good, it was just rushed which led to some glitches and issues. The actual localization part was fine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah Reverie was almost entirely on NISA loving up programming. It had a couple of bad translation moments but even those are mostly in skills.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Oh yeah I'm not saying Hatsuu is responsible for the bugs and poo poo, more that her being involved doesn't mean that it's going to be good, because NISA is just as likely to gently caress up her work.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Sad to see Ys X getting such poor reviews. Starting to feel like the franchise is never going to reach the heights of Dana again and that was the sheer peak.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hatsuu did the editing for C's route and the new novels (and being involved with the casting), all of which was great

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I dunno if I’d go that far, Falcom went from CS4 to Kuro in only a few years. They definitely have it in them but the small teams mean that things take time, and the new renderer has clearly been a struggle technically.

They need to make a new Xanadu - Xanadu Next preceded Ys Origin and Tokyo Xanadu led into Ys 8 so it’s a marker of success! Also they’ve kinda been promising it for a while.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Man, I would love another Tokyo Xanadu

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kale posted:

Sad to see Ys X getting such poor reviews. Starting to feel like the franchise is never going to reach the heights of Dana again and that was the sheer peak.

Where are you seeing that? Most of the reviews I can find online have been fairly positive, though that's not many, at least in the English speaking sphere.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Man, I would love another Tokyo Xanadu

Tokyo Faxanadu NeX+

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 25, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Combining Ys combat with Trails orb systems and more traditional RPG was a solid idea that didn't quite mesh in Tokyo Xandu but given some time in the oven would be quite good

Kale
May 14, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Where are you seeing that? Most of the reviews I can find online have been fairly positive, though that's not many, at least in the English speaking sphere.

Almost every player take I've seen on it has been a pretty poor one basically.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

(Reverie, Lloyd's route Act III ending)

gently caress yeah

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
best girl

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Shed a small tear at some stuff in Act III Reverie

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Man of the hour :allears:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Don't know how it completely passed under my radar, but Tokyo Xanadu looks great! I added it to my Steam wishlist since it seems to go on sale fairly often, and for dirt cheap.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tokyo Xanadu is great but if you're used to more modern Falcom hack'n'slash it can feel a bit dated.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I really like the way the combo scoring system encourages you to plot your route and bash through the levels. It feels very budget and limited by the Vita hardware but it’s a lot of fun.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How's the plot in Tokyo Xanadu?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

How's the plot in Tokyo Xanadu?
Iiiit's fine. There's a few interesting ideas but the cast are really broad archetypes even for Falcom, the only one that really stands out much is the class president girl. The writing's charming enough with that and the characters get some decent banter, but they don't get a ton of development. The last act's pretty interesting because it's dealing pretty directly with the emotions caused by the 2011 earthquakes, it's not exactly a subtle allusion, but the way it all resolves gets a bit too cute in terms of messing with new game+/true ending type stuff. Feels like the staff had some ideas but weren't really experienced enough to make it all come together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A scrappy bunch of high school students enter a phantom zone full of monsters summoned by negative mental energy. Before you accuse them of ripping off Persona there is also a mysterious masked figure who lurks in the background.

Also Towa exists in this world too as the older cousin of the protagonist and is his teacher.