Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Intruder posted:

The Dodgers have decimated Gallen this season so there's that to feel good about (granted it was only two games)

TBS went on and on about how bad Kelly was in Dodger Stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It kind of doesn't matter once you're down 6-0 before you even come up to bat and 9-0 by the time you get your second chance

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Oh cool it’s that part of the playoffs where Ted Cruz decides he needs a cheap hollow photo op and then everyone assumes the entire city of Houston loves him and definitely doesn’t hate his loving guts

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Doesn’t he get boo’d at Astros games? Or am I thinking of a different clip

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Oh cool it’s that part of the playoffs where Ted Cruz decides he needs a cheap hollow photo op and then everyone assumes the entire city of Houston loves him and definitely doesn’t hate his loving guts

Too late I think the entire city of Houston loves him. Now to take a big old drink and see who’s probably gonna be in the owners box at the next Rangers home game.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

He definitely does.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

He weasled his way into the World Series victory parade and got heavily booed during it and then he famously got a White Claw can hucked at him and the guy beat the rap.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The funniest possible person has an opinion about selfaggrandizing and the playoffs!

https://twitter.com/Seth_3773/status/1711165423230877770

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't really think those two things are related at all tbh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

No Safe Word posted:

He weasled his way into the World Series victory parade and got heavily booed during it and then he famously got a White Claw can hucked at him and the guy beat the rap.

Great moments in American history

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The man in the crowd beat the wrap with the transparent excuse that he was trying to pass the can directly at Ted's head because he wanted to give Ted a celebratory drink, not bean the piece of poo poo.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Why is this player doing the team wide “I hit a double” celebration they’ve been doing all year?? Is he trying to get the crowd back into the game when they’re down 9-0 in the second?? What a jerk! Stop showboating!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I had a nightmare where the Braves blasted Wheeler 23-3 or something

:ohdear:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I had a nightmare where the Braves blasted Wheeler 23-3 or something

:ohdear:

hmm, seems low

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Is he going to blame the Astros losing on his kids too?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Folks, I have been invited to the single greatest work meeting of my life.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/UmpScorecards/status/1711388775480234471

lol

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Tony Phillips posted:

Folks, I have been invited to the single greatest work meeting of my life.

dreading the inevitable teams message I’ll get today from the Giants fan in the office

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

From the replies:
https://twitter.com/Suederade/status/1711400587802112200

There's no stopping the Minnesota Twins.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Paracaidas posted:

The funniest possible person has an opinion about selfaggrandizing and the playoffs!

https://twitter.com/Seth_3773/status/1711165423230877770

The game 7 image is a precious treasure and I won't have anyone disparaging it

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Intruder posted:

The game 7 image is a precious treasure and I won't have anyone disparaging it

He's also the only actual pitcher they asked, so I'd chalk that up as ask me a stupid question and you get a stupid answer.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I was actually googling for the true source and couldn't find it... which was troubling.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Is this saying that ump was expected to be that dogshit?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JaredSandler/status/1711453604647928029

Os you gotta come through

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
We *did* have a better road record than a home one. Maybe being down 2-0 is exactly where we wanted to be after all. :thunk:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

bradzilla posted:

Is this saying that ump was expected to be that dogshit?

He is 0.1% worse than an average of all umps calling the game.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I....may need to switch teams.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

My favorite Creed song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fof40yqaW1U

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

So funny he did it unsolicited and the team, of course, did not actually want it

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Bandire posted:

I....may need to switch teams.

You must clarify.

One time I was deer hunting with some casual friends, and we’re driving around the lease in his truck after dark, and we’re all shifaced drunk, and he says, “What do you want to listen to?” And he holds up three Creed CDs.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
And you shot him, I’m assuming

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As far as "dumbest gimmick in 2023," I will gladly accept listening to Creed. It's so bad it's hilarious.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Lincoln posted:

You must clarify.

One time I was deer hunting with some casual friends, and we’re driving around the lease in his truck after dark, and we’re all shifaced drunk, and he says, “What do you want to listen to?” And he holds up three Creed CDs.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Last Ranger game I went to half the players had some garbage Luke Bryant song or similar as their walkup music. Baseball mans often have bad taste in music.

Edit: Elvis Andrus loved trolling people with his walkup music though. For most of a season he used that horrible Chacarron song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlW7T0SUH0E), and then a few years later it was Baby Shark right at the start of that lunacy.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 9, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Elvis Andrus was a gem. Him and Beltre were just great to watch.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I loved that even on the most heartbreakingly emotional day of his life Prince Fielder still took time to touch Beltre's head

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Hearing the chop on IPD is certainly a sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bandire posted:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Last Ranger game I went to half the players had some garbage Luke Bryant song or similar as their walkup music. Baseball mans often have bad taste in music.
A "fun fact" that would get dropped in pieces on Spencer Strider when he debuted was that he had notably I guess like hip, or eccentric, taste in music, and when he got asked about it in more detail this offseason it was like The National and Vampire Weekend.