Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Still trying for sci-fi Columbo and this is a terrible Columbo but god drat look at that awesome space lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Just ask gpt4 "can I have Columbo flying a space ship?"

Bonus

pixaal fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 9, 2023

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Sausages posted:

device. I still have SDXL to play with I guess, but:

The latest version of Stability Matrix has a frontend for comfyUI that simplifies changing parameters without having to scroll all over the place, if that's what you mean.

SDXL was a failure. Stability was too afraid of releasing a better SD 1.5 and being more controversial than at the time.

On civitai you can get much better models and LORAS to specifically get your look instead of playing around with prompts.

https://youtu.be/vk_WhEiANgk?si=jU-EfJs03fq3RPjy

This guy is good to watch and explores all the image generation stuff out there or the interesting things you can do with plugins.

Edit: also you should try InvokeAI which doesn't use those boxes and just a web paint program that lets you inpaint easily.

One thing Dall-E can't do is create things that MS/OpenAI doesn't want you to make as you have seen already throughout this thread. It's why if you want a person laying in a pool of their own blood, it is def not blood but a red lake.

Like that video someone posted from Twitter just earlier, that's the poo poo Dall-E can't do and much more.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 9, 2023

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I can understand the restrictions on violence and sex*(though would prefer they weren't there) but the crackdown on any sort of real world or media person or thing makes it difficult to use for cringe mashup shitposting, the primary purpose of image AI

*whatever thing you wanted to do is sex, as it turns out

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

They are afraid of legal action taken against them until things settle, it's also entirely possible it's part of an undisclosed court agreement pending settlement of a case.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

EVIL Gibson posted:

SDXL was a failure. Stability was too afraid of releasing a better SD 1.5 and being more controversial than at the time.

On civitai you can get much better models and LORAS to specifically get your look instead of playing around with prompts.

Yep that's one redeeming quality about that Stability Matrix AI suite manager app. While it claims to offer various implementations for working with the Stable Diffusion such as the OG WebUI, different forks of Fooocus, and some other niche packages, all you really need is its ComfyUI's node-based editor that'll get you as close to AI scripting in Python without actually touching code. And being able to one-click dowload any bootleg model from CivitAI through the app without having to sign in is pure awesome sauce.

On the topic of actually useful AI app managers, Pinokio might look like it's more suited for the academia by being barebones and sometimes making you manage Python dependencies manually, but it's got a comprehensive selection of open source AI tools that it pulls from Github ranging from Facebook's Audio/MusicGen, all the Stable Diffusion apps, IllusionDiffusion, DenseDiffusion, AI voice changer apps, popular text gen bots, video editing, and it's all quite easy to install and manage through its Discover tab.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It also highlights how important Stable Diffusion is, because it is uncensored. If the model is (like SDXL) then someone has 'fixed' that, though for general work SDXL has been fantastic. Open source!

This allows you, for instance, to create an entire image in Dall-E, free from any spicy topics, then bring that into SDXL and inpaint and outpaint whatever you want in their place. These are all just images, .png and .jpg, there is no reason, and in fact a whole lot of reasons, why you wouldn't want to just one and done for any serious project. At some point we'll get there, but right now the one shot prompting isn't how it should go if you want something specific. How well Dall-E 3 does it now is novel, but it will be complete garbage here in some months when something else comes along. It's always how it is and I can't see that stopping until we do get to perfect prompts.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

pixaal fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 9, 2023

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

finally got access to DALLE 3 and can do it now! surprised at how quickly Microsoft went from more permissive to less permissive than DALLE3 itself. interesting seeing the way it takes prompts and removes famous names, like when I just tried "Tim Allen" and it replaced it with stuff like "similar to a famous actor" over and over

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Heres another set of characters, creatures and locations from Sabriel and the rest of Garth Nix's Old Kingdom series.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Asked ChatGPT to create A team of cute bunny construction workers who are on the job site but performing numerous OSHA violations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Killer robot posted:

Asked ChatGPT to create A team of cute bunny construction workers who are on the job site but performing numerous OSHA violations.

[

Please post this to the OSHA thread if you haven't already

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

film still from Robot Empire, a Stanley Kubrick sci-fi film from 1973

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

You know, a lot of people don't know this, but Gundams served on every front that America fought in WWII.

"Gundam Lands at Normandy, 1944, Black and White Photo"

The Gundam project was massive, encompassing all sectors of the American economy:

"Gundams being assembled at Philadelphia Naval Yard, 1943, Early color Photo"

"Gundams being assembled at Rochester, NY, 1943, Black and White Photo"

The US GI considered the Gundam his best friend after the M1 Garand and the M1 Combat Helmet.

"Gundam takes cover behind building, Europe, 1944, Black and White Photo"

Gundams were shipped most frequently via sea routes, though U-boats were an ever present threat to frontline supply.

"Gundams being loaded onto cargo ships at Brooklyn Pier, 1943, early color photo"

"Gundam on Cargo Barge deck, at sea. 1943, Early Color photo"

Late in the war, Aerial variants allowed the USAAF to achieve air superiority over the Luftwaffe.

*Image uncaptioned.

"Gundam flies in formation with B-29 Superfortresses, 1945, Black and White Photo"

Of course, no project can meet with 100% success; US ground forces lost over 100 Gundams during the Battle of the Bulge.

"Gundam wreckage with sherman tanks near Bastogne. early 1945, early color photo"

Still, The Gundam formed a critical part of the war effort, and it is only right that it is remembered as such.

"Gundam Landing on the beaches of Normandy, 1944, black and white photo"

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

EVIL Gibson posted:

Edit: also you should try InvokeAI which doesn't use those boxes and just a web paint program that lets you inpaint easily.

Not true, InvokeAI introduced a node/workflow system as well with v3.0.
It seems pretty robust and is constantly expanded on. It's not required, you can everything else fine without it, but you can manage and save your workflows more easily.

v3.2 also added a render queue system, which allows you to, well, queue and manage image generations. Use the same prompt with different models and queue them up. Switch to img2img, do your stuff, add to queue. Quickly jump into the inpainting canvas, edit your stuff, add the renders to the queue.

Basically, the UI now stays fully reponsive and functional while it generates the images in the background. I don't know if other UIs offer the same, I stuck with InvokeAI for most of my time.

They also announced that they have received a bit of funding, so they are moving forward at a faster pace than before.

Look them up on Youtube, they also keep posting feature overviews on their channel.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 9, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Bing refused "jack nicholson" with a content warning, so:

quote:

grainy screenshot of jack torrance wearing sunglasses in lucasarts adventure game released in 1994

quote:

grainy screenshot of jack torrance wearing sunglasses in sierra adventure game released in 1994

quote:

grainy screenshot of jack torrance wearing sunglasses in psygnosis adventure game released in 1994

Well, it managed it once but poorly, got a weird Terminator, and a bit of Leonardo Dicaprio (via Jack Dawson via Titanic, I assume)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

That's weird my phone says it's Columbo Day and I don't have work. I guess I'm supposed to make pictures of everyone's favorite show to fall asleep to.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
also did some dnd characters

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
SPACE POLICE

edit: also SPACE POLICE

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Oct 9, 2023

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

WhiteHowler posted:

DallE-3 handled the prompt okay.

But why does Shrek look like John Kerry?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
why would a gundam need iron sights on a rifle?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Welp, the Bing banhammer just dropped on me, again for :wtc: reasons. I was making a funny out-of-context pic of a fantasy demon-hunting woman and a demon carrying his groceries at a bus stop, which I made a few days ago with no trouble - I'd saved the prompt in a text file so pasted it in. This time, though, something kept triggering the content warning, and after a few attempts to get around the problem I got permanently suspended. I've appealed, so we'll see what happens. (I also mentioned getting a 24-hour probe for changing a clothing colour from black to pink.)

But the content filters have gone loving batshit now. I was doing a cyberpunk cop; "body armour with police markings", no problem. "Body armour with yellow police markings"? Nuh-uh. Another fantasy warrior woman, with "battered" armour - absolutely not. Change it to "scuffed" armour and through it goes. It's almost like the Scunthorpe problem, even in 2023 - context in the prompts is being ignored and it just seems to be 'do two particular words which in combination may be problematic appear, y/n', like "battered" and "woman". (Despite this I still got an unrequested bare rear end in a pic of 'two trans women jumping for joy at the top of a grassy hill' - like, what the hell?)

Anyway, here's some stuff I managed to make before being banned.

'psychedic happy dogs flying in a circle around a smiling sun'

'realistic,old polaroid/110 film,goths enjoying themselves at a goth club,1980s'

'realistic humanoid octopus wearing heavy metal t-shirt eating burger in a messy kitchen'

A couple of 2000AD characters: Joe Pineapples and attempts at Judge Death. "The crime isss lettucccccce... the ssssentenccce isss DEATH!" (I couldn't get the portcullis visor on his helmet no matter what prompts I tried. :smith: )

Various xenomorphs 'slimy alien monsters in the style of hr giger':

xenomorph 'slimy alien monster in the style of hr giger' on a smoke break:

(I was trying to get him to sneak up on a Brett-type character having a smoke, but...)

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 9, 2023

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

mcbexx posted:

Not true, InvokeAI introduced a node/workflow system as well with v3.0.
It seems pretty robust and is constantly expanded on. It's not required, you can everything else fine without it, but you can manage and save your workflows more easily.

v3.2 also added a render queue system, which allows you to, well, queue and manage image generations. Use the same prompt with different models and queue them up. Switch to img2img, do your stuff, add to queue. Quickly jump into the inpainting canvas, edit your stuff, add the renders to the queue.

Basically, the UI now stays fully reponsive and functional while it generates the images in the background. I don't know if other UIs offer the same, I stuck with InvokeAI for most of my time.

They also announced that they have received a bit of funding, so they are moving forward at a faster pace than before.

Look them up on Youtube, they also keep posting feature overviews on their channel.

That's great! But I was pointing out that InvokeAI has a different style where it feels more like MS Paint and not Adobe Photoshop or Gimp so it's easier to access and use with more control than Dall-E which will block you because something in the image you made looks "offensive" somehow.

edit: if i wasn't clear, InvokeAI begins as the complete opposite of ComfyUI on opening presentation

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 9, 2023

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

pixaal posted:

That's weird my phone says it's Columbo Day and I don't have work. I guess I'm supposed to make pictures of everyone's favorite show to fall asleep to.

Now, when you said those cheetos were flamin hot...

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Using Bing to imagine urbanist utopic no car cities in Central America.

Definitely needs an upscale pass but still comes out with some pretty awesome stuff. It always wants to put plants on the buildings instead of along or in the streets, though.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

photo of a car shaped and styled like it's compensating for something

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Triggerhappypilot posted:

You know, a lot of people don't know this, but Gundams served on every front that America fought in WWII.

"Gundam Lands at Normandy, 1944, Black and White Photo"

The Gundam project was massive, encompassing all sectors of the American economy:

"Gundams being assembled at Philadelphia Naval Yard, 1943, Early color Photo"

"Gundams being assembled at Rochester, NY, 1943, Black and White Photo"

The US GI considered the Gundam his best friend after the M1 Garand and the M1 Combat Helmet.

"Gundam takes cover behind building, Europe, 1944, Black and White Photo"

Gundams were shipped most frequently via sea routes, though U-boats were an ever present threat to frontline supply.

"Gundams being loaded onto cargo ships at Brooklyn Pier, 1943, early color photo"

"Gundam on Cargo Barge deck, at sea. 1943, Early Color photo"

Late in the war, Aerial variants allowed the USAAF to achieve air superiority over the Luftwaffe.

*Image uncaptioned.

"Gundam flies in formation with B-29 Superfortresses, 1945, Black and White Photo"

Of course, no project can meet with 100% success; US ground forces lost over 100 Gundams during the Battle of the Bulge.

"Gundam wreckage with sherman tanks near Bastogne. early 1945, early color photo"

Still, The Gundam formed a critical part of the war effort, and it is only right that it is remembered as such.

"Gundam Landing on the beaches of Normandy, 1944, black and white photo"

Can you try putting some Battlemechs like the Warhammer, Atlas, or Mad Cat at the beaches of Normandy? Or an Evangelion? I don't have access to anything right now and this looks super fun

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Is there any way to fine tune aspect ratio on DALLE 3?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Is there any way to fine tune aspect ratio on DALLE 3?

It only supports wide tall and square they are 16:9 and short side is 1024. chatGPT claims it supports more but right now it cannot send the command for others (could be AI lie)

Just say send the prompts with the size set to wide tall or square (or 16:9 1:1 9:16)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

pixaal posted:

It only supports wide tall and square they are 16:9 and short side is 1024. chatGPT claims it supports more but right now it cannot send the command for others (could be AI lie)

Just say send the prompts with the size set to wide tall or square (or 16:9 1:1 9:16)

rip okay I was hoping to get narrower for a phone background

unrelated,

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
wow AI knew how to make a biblically correct hotdog dispenser.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

So, here's some more highlights:

I was trying to get a beautiful god with a beard but with male and female qualities. It doesn't like that and blocks it. Anything to do with fighting, race, skin color or even something that could be construed as bad if you turn your head sideways is blocked.

Attempts at something poignant

Attempts at describing Hotel California

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Lord Stimperor posted:

Can you try putting some Battlemechs like the Warhammer, Atlas, or Mad Cat at the beaches of Normandy? Or an Evangelion? I don't have access to anything right now and this looks super fun

I am afraid it has misinterpreted your request:

edit: was eventually able to get an Eva Unit, though it took some trying.

E2:

Triggerhappypilot fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 10, 2023

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

realistic people screaming at their salads

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

captures how I feel about salads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I BOUGHT EVERY CURSED TOME FROM NAXTHRELAR’S DOMAIN OF THE DAMNED BOOKSTORE AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED

REMEMBER TO SEND A CARRIER PIGEON, USE A SPEAKING STONE, AND SUB-SCRY-BE FOR MORE