Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Lots of good dice RLs out now. Still enjoying Astrea and tried the Spellrogue demo and it felt pretty good too. Lots more variety than I was expecting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Ooh, Rift Wizard 2. Someday I'll beat Rift Wizard...

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Mortal Sin is pretty decent. Paladin feels ridiculously strong compared to the other options though, easily cleared hard mode and the bonus ending with them but struggle to get past the like third area as anyone else.

My first clear was with the Mage, still haven't unlocked everything else

Been playing on controller, super comfy after remapping potions to l3/r3

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Speaking of Rift Wizard, the news of 2 being in development is making me want to take another crack at the first. I've never actually beaten it, so does anyone have any good suggestions for builds to try out for an "easy" win?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Speaking of Rift Wizard, the news of 2 being in development is making me want to take another crack at the first. I've never actually beaten it, so does anyone have any good suggestions for builds to try out for an "easy" win?

My old go-to if I just wanted to win was pure lightning.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Kanos posted:

My old go-to if I just wanted to win was pure lightning.

The best thing about lightning is that the lightning form spell makes you immune to lightning damage. There are a few enemies that are themselves immune to lightning but only do lightning damage, so you can safely ping them to death with magic missile or whatever.

My tip for Rift Wizard is to pick up the spells “Blazerip” and “Earthen Guardian” if you can get a discount. Blazerip is a cheap damage spell that can dig through walls, and the rock dude has a ton of health and thus serves as a good distraction. I basically always wind up with both.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Most level 2 spells are insanely cost effective at a discount circle, so round out your build early on with a bunch of 50% price level 2 spells so that you have a lot of extra ammo and different damage types to fall back on while you assemble your main build (plus you might find a cool shrine that applies to one of them that you might not otherwise have been able to use.)

3-5 SP into good cheap attack spells lets you cruise along through the first 10 levels and then you've got like 25 SP to sink into a real build, rather than focusing on one thing right from the start and desperately counting spell charges against goblins and poo poo while you try to get your engine online.

If there's room in your build for Arch Sorcerer then this gets even easier as those rando 1 SP spells will get huge scaling without any further investment.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

IthilionTheBrave posted:

if you put your first few points into Summon Wolves and then the Clay Wolves upgrade, you'll have an extremely spell-efficient base to work toward the things you actually want to do as long as you get at least one other damage type to handle metal enemies

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The big reason "just pick lightning" works is because the Lightning school has single target, area effect, chain-effect, and map-wide spells. It covers all your bases.

Once you get comfortable winning with Lightning you can swap out other schools for your various niche needs.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Sizable Approaching Infinity update to v1.8, with Big Plans for Eventual v1.9 (AKA v2.0) in tow:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/551620/view/3744237743328083491

quote:

After 6 months of big changes and 6 weeks of beta tests, version 1.8 may be complete.
How will we know? Let's check in with Starmap 1.8, created long ago to guide this part of the journey.

Looks like a big ✔ next to all the major points.

Here are some of the final touches coming to all players as of today:
NPC ship captains exist :O
You can get trade missions from a Sigorn captain (if you're friendly with them).
Pirates can offer missions where you smuggle illegal goods into Limoquee space.
Alien corpses found on planets will sometimes have stories explaining what happened to them.
The Eaters will now judge you based on how many other factions you're friendly with.
New feature: "Mark for Transport". Tired of making multiple trips to the shuttle when you find lots of big loot? Just mark it for transport and those days are over!
Once unlocked in any game, rare plants will spawn in all games, but not much in lower sectors.
"Fake ID" and "Credentials" now require you to pay a bribe to get into stations where you otherwise would not be welcome. Higher levels reduce the effect.
Docking at faction embassies can reduce your reputation with their enemies. (For example, docking at a pirate base can reduce your rep with the Sigorn, Bankers, and Limoquee.) This happens once per sector.
Pirates and Eaters will actively go after big stacks of commodities left on the map.
Cyber-skills picked up are now automatically equipped to any officer who can use them.
Nebulas are now continuous clouds with nice round edges.
I changed how away team hit points are calculated so small away teams aren't so useless ;)
I introduced "pay it forward" daily codes.

There are, of course, the usual host of fixes and quality-of-life changes. Enjoy!

What's next?
1.9 will be the final push to (let me check my math...) 2.0 , which means
leaving early access!

That's probably still a year away...

1.9 is going to start *big*. The long awaited, much requested, feared-and-lamented-by-me
UI OVERHAUL

The plan is to emphasize the play area and keep the UI as sleek and out-of-the-way as possible.

For those who are perfectly happy with everything the way it is...
Right now, the plan is to offer a "classic mode"... check it out:

And for everyone who uses the UI DLC, don't worry! We'll make lots of special UI skins for the new UI too.

Other plans for 1.9 include:
A mega-quest about the Narcratu invasion
Learning more about the Engravers
Finding a way to fight the nano-pocalypse
More rooms and quests from asteroid bases
Crafting system overhaul
Introduction of "commerce planets"
Much much more...

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Nightmare Aura with the radius boost. Ideally with the dark circle discount. Eats chaff for breakfast and at least wears on anything that doesn't regenerate. Lots of cool skills/shrines deal extra damage without technically boosting damage. Or just slap a summon skill on it, in addition to one of the summon upgrades.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

habituallyred posted:

Nightmare Aura with the radius boost. Ideally with the dark circle discount. Eats chaff for breakfast and at least wears on anything that doesn't regenerate. Lots of cool skills/shrines deal extra damage without technically boosting damage. Or just slap a summon skill on it, in addition to one of the summon upgrades.

more generally my preferred build starts with maybe death bolt -> nightmare aura and mercurize, especially if you can land a dark or enchantment circle in rift 2 -> fireball at some point, starting with it is not unreasonable -> ghostfire skill -> world's your oyster, searing orb gets especially silly but honestly i might be the biggest fiery tormentor fan in the entire world, those dudes work with soul harvest and all the various other nonsense and a bunch of shrines

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Lost Branch of Legend seems really good so far. Best STS like since... actual STS maybe? Lot of fun cards and interesting builds. Once again a Touhou fan game is one of the best of its subgenre.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

Lost Branch of Legend seems really good so far. Best STS like since... actual STS maybe? Lot of fun cards and interesting builds. Once again a Touhou fan game is one of the best of its subgenre.

agreed. Lost Branch of Legend is dope

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I always start my rift wizard runs with poison sting unless I have some reason to want to start with something else (plan on picking up relevant skills, etc.) Physical damage can be convenient, plus it knocks off barriers. However my friends think it’s bad and make fun of me for picking it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

nrook posted:

I always start my rift wizard runs with poison sting unless I have some reason to want to start with something else (plan on picking up relevant skills, etc.) Physical damage can be convenient, plus it knocks off barriers. However my friends think it’s bad and make fun of me for picking it.

it is bad but it's also funny and you should feel good about yourself for styling on the game with the worst starter spell

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Yeah skeleton bolt is the obvious pick, it can easily carry you through the first 2ish levels so you can store up points and pick a good shrine/upgrade/discount combo when landing in the 3rd (always animate dead for more skeleton)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Snooze Cruise posted:

It's cool. Doesn't even have all the characters in yet though.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
I usually go for skeleton bolt or wolf first, since 2-3 casts of those can carry you through the early zones. Then I like to get a cheap combo going like searing orb + melt armor, death wheel + roulette, or nightmare aura + fireball and that skill that spawns fire ghosts. Or I just put 5 points in hound lord and place my character so I get 9 dogs, who honestly plow through the early zones by themselves

Focusing too hard on skeleton bolt can be fun but is kind of a trap due to immunities

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

its quite neat that all the answers for rift wizard starting builds so far has been (mostly) different for everyone

lightning always did me pretty well when especially when i was getting started but i also enjoyed the wolf start too.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

IthilionTheBrave posted:

I wrote this guide back in 2021 and don't think I posted it anywhere

quote:

Cantrip Cascade sorcerer build (for new players or sorcerer ascetic)
Cantrip Cascade casts all six sorcery cantrips once on each enemy in a cone. This spell can form the core of a versatile build suitable for new players or the Sorcerer Ascetic trial.

Overview
The core spells of the build are Cantrip Cascade, Blink, and Blazerip/Void Beam. The core skills are Arch Sorcerer and Void Lord. With all of the cantrips and boosts from skills, Cantrip Cascade is a high-damage multi-hit, multi-element AOE attack, allowing it to overcome things like groups, shields, and resistances that trouble other builds. Blink allows the player to freely reposition around the battlefield and Blazerip/Void Beam allows hitting key targets like spawners that are far away or behind walls.

As the core of the build consists entirely of sorcery spells and it has good mana efficiency, it's also suitable for beating the Sorcerer Ascetic archmage trial where spells are restricted to sorcery and base spell charges are reduced by half. The spell charge reduction isn't applied to bonus charges from shrines/skills, so the effect is minimal once the player has Arch Sorcerer and Void Lord.

Realm Choice, Shrines and Circles:
Circles are most effective when used to pick up many low cost spells and upgrades. For instance, buying Blazerip with the Damage and Radius upgrades and Blink with the Blindcasting upgrade at a sorcery circle turns 6 SP into 11 SP, but buying Arch Sorcerer at the same circle only turns 6 into 7. Always consider what's gained from a circle over taking a rift with a ruby heart or better consumables.

As previously stated, the build covers a lot of common weaknesses like groups, shields, and resistances, but like all minionless builds it's vulnerable to stuns (as one stun is all it takes to disable the player, versus one stun only disabling one unit in the player's army).

Realm-by-Realm
R1: Buy Death Bolt. Casting it 3 times will consistently clear the first realm. After collecting the SP orbs, take two additional cantrips, usually Fireball and Icicle (Lightning Bolt is also a good choice). In choosing the next realm, this build is relatively free as it has early coverage of multiple elements and doesn't need early circles as it's saving it's next 7 SP for Arch Sorcerer.
R3: After completing this realm, the player has enough SP for Arch Sorcerer. This dramatically increases the damage and range of the player's spells, especially Icicle, which has more than doubled from two 6-damage hits to two 13-damage hits.
R4-7: Another 8 SP will buy Cantrip Cascade (5 SP) and the remaining cantrips (3x1 SP) in any order. If the player waits and buys at a sorcery or arcane circle they can often get the Charges or Range upgrade or a cheap auxiliary spell like Blazerip (with its upgrades) or Blink, but staying ahead of the enemy curve is always more important than making efficient use of SP. The build will end up with more than enough. After this we begin saving 7 SP for Void Lord.
R10 (maybe later if a detour was taken for blazerip/blink): Void Lord gives +2 charges and +2 range on Cantrip Cascade, and further enhances Blazerip and Blink. Like Icicle, Blazerip gets double the damage bonus from lord skills.
R11-15: At this point it's time to finish the core of the build by picking up Void Beam, which can snipe spawners through walls from across the map, and Blazerip and Blink if they weren't already taken.
R15+: At this point the build has all of its parts and you can finish upgrading Cantrip Cascade (including damage on its component spells), Void Beam, and Blink. You can also add things like Mystic Memory for mana economy, Arcane Shield (will basically activate every turn), and Siphon Shields for Mordred/eyeballs

Core Spells/Skills (in order of recommended purchase)
Death Bolt
Fireball
Icicle
Arch Sorcerer
Lightning Bolt
Magic Missile
Poison Sting
Cantrip Cascade
Blazerip
Blink
Void Lord
Void Beam

Other Spells/Skills (in order of ascending SP cost)
Thunder Strike
Blinding Light
Holy Armor
Nightmare Aura
Purity
Siphon Shields
Arcane Shield
Mystic Memory
Word of Beauty
Word of Chaos
Word of Madness

I booted the game up after two years and it still works

Microcline fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 8, 2023

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I appreciate all the advice and suggestions, everyone! I think my furthest attempts were either all in on lightning or fire and dark for fiery tormentor spam. The cantrip cascade build looks like fun for having a versatile toolkit, so i think I'll give that a shot later today. I think most of my runs failed by being too pigeonholed into a single element or two.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Splashing in outside spells can be amazingly efficient.

Consider slimes: a build that steamrolls most levels may be hard walled by slimes (especially elemental slimes) because they just can't kill them fast enough. If you stack enough stuff onto your build you might be able to fix the problem... or you can just spend 1 SP at a lightning or sorcery circle to pick up Chain Lightning and solve all of your slime problems forever, plus extra ammo for mopping up other chaff without dipping into your primary spells.

Most spells don't have that kind of obvious hyper efficient use case but there are still a bunch of spells that can help patch up weak points with practically no investment, compared to trying to come up with a build that handles literally everything with one trick.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Another great one is Thunder Strike, especially with duration and blindcasting. The stun works on everything, including lightning-immune enemies and Mordred.

The Cantrip Cascade build can beat Mordred without too many complications by going Blink -> Thunder Strike -> Arcane Beam (if no LOS) -> Siphon Shields (if you have it, otherwise CC will clear the shields) -> Cantrip Cascade (until dead)

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
Blindcasting is incredibly strong and makes those mazey maps a breeze, though I still prefer the fully open maps with searing orb/melt armor. There's something fun about killing every mob at once

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

One of the last updates for Rift Wizard really made poison viable in a way that can be really fun if you go all in on it. It's been a while, so I don't remember the names of everything, but the update added a passive that strips one random enemy on the map of poison resistance per turn (and the random pool is only enemies that have resistance, so eventually everything is stripped) and another that makes the poison status effect do way more damage, and that totally changed what was viable. The damage boost and poison sting together can get you very far, especially if you can save up til you get a nature discount and can get real cheap poison shrooms and that aoe poison spell that has a blind casting upgrade.

It's a weird build, because there's a lot of poison stuff that all synergizes in a way where the end build is pretty similar every time, especially if you CAN coast on early efficiencies and spend as much SP with a discount as possible, but (like most of RW tbh) the actual order you should pick things up really depends on the specific situation in front of you. I ended up using mostly (though not exclusively) poison builds when I finally got the "win five runs in a row" achievement, just because it felt so reliable.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Man I really slept on Rift wizard

This game rips

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
rift wizard fact I just learned - the auto-gather command will absolutely take you through clouds

this can kill you

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

RoboCicero posted:

Austra is wild. Just got a 5 Corruption/4 Heart win with her.
Apologies if this has come up before, but how do you unlock the Heart to begin with?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I think you unlock it along with the 6th character, which you do by completing a run with the other 5. A gem should light up when you finish the run, with each gem corresponding to the position of the unit on the character select screen.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RoboCicero posted:

I think you unlock it along with the 6th character, which you do by completing a run with the other 5. A gem should light up when you finish the run, with each gem corresponding to the position of the unit on the character select screen.

You unlock Act 4 by completing Act 3 with all six characters.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Someone mentioned dotAge earlier as something similar to Against the Storm.

I can confirm that dotAge owns a whole lot but also, unlike Against the Storm, it's a game with 10 hour long runs.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPKxPn2XuzQ
Battle Shapers FPS-roguelite is now out in EA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYEtAFpTgH0
IRA is a bulletthell-roguelite, if you like that style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48-ylMFycIw
I'm intrigued by Summun Aeterna, they art looks a bit bland, but it's 93% positive on Steam so it will be at least a decent game.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

RoboCicero posted:

Oh right, yeah I would have just unlocked it. Thought there’d be at least some sort of fanfare or something, my bad!

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

re: dotage, i was talking about it with someone earlier and said it was more like a turnbased, roguelike Frostpunk with a lighter doomsday tone

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Turin Turambar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48-ylMFycIw
I'm intrigued by Summun Aeterna, they art looks a bit bland, but it's 93% positive on Steam so it will be at least a decent game.

Posted a short review earlier in thread but I think this isn't great. Offers nothing that Rogue Legacy 2 doesn't do better.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Fest duration limited Demo(with a new Mage class) for Phantom Rose 2 Sapphire ahead of the release come Oct 30:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1964200/Phantom_Rose_2_Sapphire/

quote:

Phantom Rose 2 is a roguelike deckbuilding game by developer & artist makaroll. Fight and collect powerful cards as Aria, trying to survive in her cherished school that’s being ravaged by evil creatures.

◆ A Special Card Adventure
Craft your deck with cards obtained through defeating Phantoms on your adventure. Unlike most deckbuilding games, there's no random card draw during battle. Instead, manage your card's cooldown to defeat your foe swiftly and efficiently.

◆ Multiple Difficulties, Modes and Ways to Play
Play through the adventure in increasing levels of difficulty, each posing a greater challenge than the last, to experience the story and world of Phantom Rose 2. The Arcade mode lets you rush through bosses for attractive rewards and you can even create your own challenges in Custom mode.

◆ New Class System for More Varied Gameplay
Unlike the previous game, Phantom Rose 2 comes with two playable classes, the Blade class and the Mage class. Each class has their own unique cards and mechanics, allowing you to experience the game in more ways than one.

◆ Encounter Other Survivors and Events
Explore and discover other survivors along your adventure. Take time to interact with them, learn their stories, and carefully decide on your actions in each event. Who knows, you may receive a helping hand when least expected.

◆ Defeat and Collect
By defeating Phantoms and rescuing other students in distress, you can collect over 200+ cards to craft your ideal deck and a slew of powerful items to aid your journey.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ira is very mom we have Hades at home, not a fan

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Big Time v1.4 Update for Big Time Roguelike that apparently exists called GodoRogue:

https://aikoncwd.itch.io/godorogue

quote:

In the mystic land of Nulbadush, darkness spreads as Sakku's malevolent forces rise. GodoRogue casts you as the realm's last hope, delving deep into treacherous dungeons to reclaim the fabled Amulet of Yendor—a beacon of power and salvation. Every step in these haunted mazes is a test of courage against menacing foes. Your mission: retrieve the amulet and restore hope to Nulbadush. The destiny of an entire world rests on your choices.
Game Features

⁉️ Procedural Generation: Dynamically generated dungeons, poems, songs, and events for a fresh experience each play.
💀 Permanent Consequences: Death is final. Each decision has lasting impact.
📑 Turn Based: Strategize at your pace. Every move counts.
📐 Grid Tiles: Precise and deliberate dungeon exploration on a grid.
👁️ Top-down perspective: Explore the dungeons from a clear bird's-eye view.
🍖 Resource Management: Balance food, items, potions, and scrolls for survival.
🔎 Item Identification: Use scrolls, potions, rings, and wands to boost your power.
🏹 Hack and Slash: Strategy, skill, and luck determine combat outcomes.
📺 ASCII & Graphic: Choose between ASCII or graphic TileSet visuals.
😈 Dungeon themed: Brave deadly dungeons, traps, and monsters with every choice critical.
🧙‍♂️ Character Centric: Level up and gear a single character against deepening threats.
🔮 No Meta-progression: Each adventure is a standalone challenge.

Can You Reclaim the Amulet of Yendor?

Choose from 17 distinct classes, each offering unique playstyles and abilities. Your journey won't be easy. The echoing halls of Sakku’s lair are filled with formidable enemies, each possessing unique abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Adapt, learn, and exploit their flaws to advance deeper into the enigmatic world of GodoRogue.

With every level descended, the darkness grows potent, the enemies fiercer, and the secrets of Nulbadush more tantalizing. Do you have the courage, the wit, and the skill to reclaim the Amulet of Yendor, bring light to the darkened realm, and etch your name in the annals of Tharlone’s history?

Dare to step into the enigmatic world of GodoRogue - where every corridor holds a mystery, every room a challenge, and every echo a tale of heroism or defeat. The fate of Nulbadush is in your hands!
How to Play: Basic Controls

Navigation: Use arrow keys or Numpad (recommended) for character movement.

Actions:

x to descend stairs
X to ascend stairs (with Amulet of Yendor)
. or Numpad 5 to rest a turn
i to view the inventory and read descriptions
s to search and detect
p to pray to your deity
... and many more!

🔎 For a Complete List: Access the Help Section in-game with F1 or H. If you find yourself overwhelmed or unsure, this is your best companion!

📚 In-depth Guides: We strongly recommend checking out the provided PDFs, both the User Manual for a detailed game guide and the Monster Compendium to familiarize yourself with the creatures you'll face in Nulbadush.
Dive into a Dynamic Adventure!

With every game session in GodoRogue, you're not just playing, but creating a new legend. Whether you're uncovering the history of an artifact, being entranced by a newly generated song, or facing an unexpected event—each playthrough offers fresh experiences

Today is the day! After months working again on this project, here is the major update ever. More than 100 additions/changes to the game. New classes, passive skills, Gods, etc...

Added:
New scene when player wins. Show procgen text, score and statistics
Each class have unique skills
Procgen history intro, so the player will know the quest.
New gameover scene, with procgen epitaph and score and music
Special levels 10-20: One level with more gold, other more items, and Two with more monsters
Flying monsters can now move+attack in one turn
Added action to rest until full HP (comma key)
Map/light scroll on every dark map
Visual effects when using magic
Visual sprites for magic projectiles
Effects FX when hit, miss and amount dmg over head
Miss sounds for magic on immune monsters
Key controls for music and sound volume
Selectable text from console
Autorun on rooms too, stopping at doors
Zombie monster now walk slower and deal more dmg
Aquator monster is immune to projectiles
Enchant staff will grant charges
Character Selector with random traits and history
You can now Pray to your God
Devotion stat, used for praying
Reading monster statues gives monster info
Extra Healing potion gives +5 max hp
Final score when you win the game
Can't search if player is under bad status effect
Cat Eye cures blind
Sprite for items will be more variety
Random starting equipment
Smooth animation when moving and attacking
Play will drop blood after getting killed
Sprites for splash dmg when using staves
Destroyable statue/slabs, to avoid path blocking
Statues of gods, heroes and monsters
Slabs of dead heroes
Killing monster leave a blood splash
Bones on the floor
Fortune Cookies
Sound when level up
Random music every 5 levels
Better door tileset and open doors
Starting with a fruit in your backpack
Starting heal is random and affected by body type
20% chance to auto-search traps and secret walls when moving
Reveal and identify traps using "search"
25% chance to not activate a trap when stepping on it
New sound effects
Torch decoration on walls
New champ sprites
Adding deities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

are there any good mech RLs with focus on building the mech. I like Into The Breach but need mech customization.

I use mech as a broad term, any robot/vehicles will do.