Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kale posted:

Suzuki is ridiculously underrated honestly, but I feel like we've finally at long last found a real true #1 franchise center and Captain in the guy, which the Habs just have not had in like the last decade honestly. He's just got all the pieces to finally fill out that role for the Habs. Great personality, seems to be trusted as a leader/pace setter and well liked by the team as a result. Always competes every shift. Great playmaking/vision/creativity ability and two way game. Never takes stupid penalties that I've seen and plays a clean game. Protects the puck well on breakouts and zone entry, which is a skill that eludes many Habs players and is also good at getting it off of opposing teams players at key moments. Good on the PP enough to actually make it functional when he's out for a change. Has great chemistry with teams top scorer in Caufield. Great in the shootout and pretty drat clutch in situations like where they ended up down 4-3 against Ottawa suddenly and seems to always be the guy to pull the Habs out of a hole when needed. Like I really see very little downside to Suzuki as a Habs fan and it feels like he'll probably only continue to get better over the next several seasons if he stays healthy, which he's also like the only Habs player to manage that last year which is also another upside....apparent durability.

As soon as the media is unhappy about something they'll be blaming him for not being french.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Much as I hate to say it, I think the Canadiens have all the right pieces in place so it's pretty easy to imagine them gaining about 15-20 points over last season and then hovering there for another 5-10 years.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/ryannovo62/status/1711442164792586310

This is kinda dissapointing.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Bummer

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/sungarrioch/status/1711442389871563053?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Lassi came home :unsmith:

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Ross Johnston on waivers. FINALLY.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Jesus christ

https://x.com/NHLJets/status/1711462831843840317?s=20

e, not sure if Scheifele's is the same:
https://x.com/CapFriendly/status/1711466743414096214?s=20

FBS fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 9, 2023

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Did not expect that

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Jets are all-in on finishing 9th in the conference for the next 6 years

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

yeah i can't see this ending well for anyone except their bank accounts

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

This rules because the Devils can't get a goalie now.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Much like the Pens :negative:

I'm actually reasonably excited for this season but the Pens finishing 9th again would not surprise me in the least

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Those are great deals for the Jets

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Matt Zerella posted:

Devils seem to beat the Rangers fine with no goalie tbh.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

Much like the Pens :negative:

I'm actually reasonably excited for this season but the Pens finishing 9th again would not surprise me in the least

Nah not really like the Pens. The Pens are better than the Jets right now but they'll be the worst team in the NHL by 2027 if not sooner.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I guess that explains why the Jets didn’t trade Hellebuyck!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
7 more years after this one? for what’ll be a 31-year old center and goalie? yikes!

now please Barnaby Joe give a similar contract to Devon Toews

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Chad Sexington posted:

I like the part that is detachable and can easily be lost

Yeah, I'd be pay a jewler to solder that into place asap. The novelty is not worth the possibilty of losing 20 karats worth of diamonds.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

7 more years after this one? for what’ll be a 31-year old center and goalie? yikes!

now please Barnaby Joe give a similar contract to Devon Toews

last 4 are only a modified NTC so it's more or less designed to be dumped at half value if/when the aging chart destroys him

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

The Dirty Burger posted:

Dahlin is another reminder not to bridge contract your young star players
It's not that bad. Dahlin's contract is going to look like a bargain by the time all of these other top D-men are signing their next deals after the cap goes up.

Dahlin had a great rookie and sophomore season, but then had an abysmal 3rd season (Thanks Ralph!). It would have been seen as insane to sign him to a big deal in 2021 after he just put up 23 points in 56 games and a -36.

Dahlin $11m aav for ages 24-32. Next contract won't begin until the 2032-2033 season
Makar $9m aav for ages 24-29. Next contract 2027-2028
Fox $9.5m aav for ages 24-31. Next contract 2029-2030
Quinn Hughes $7.85m aav for ages 22-27. Next contract 2027-2028
Heiskanen $8.45m aav ages 22-29. Next Contract 2029-2030

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Dahlin is bonkers good and worth every single penny of that contract already. Had Buffalo not been a poorly run disaster they could easily have tied him down like Makar or Fox. That said time to set the clock until another generational franchise player gets sick of Buffalo and asks to move.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Matt Zerella posted:

Or they can trade for him knowing his contract is set and can be pretty easily gotten rid of after 4 years.

Or they can trade for Saros instead.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Dahlin is bonkers good and worth every single penny of that contract already. Had Buffalo not been a poorly run disaster they could easily have tied him down like Makar or Fox. That said time to set the clock until another generational franchise player gets sick of Buffalo and asks to move.
I was honestly starting to worry he was going to pull an Elias Petterson. Demand the team make the playoffs before signing away any of his UFA years, and demand a trade if they don't make it.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
It is impressive how water tight the jets front office is. They broke the news themselves as far as I can tell

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Water tight like a F-35

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Call Your Grandma posted:

Much as I hate to say it, I think the Canadiens have all the right pieces in place so it's pretty easy to imagine them gaining about 15-20 points over last season and then hovering there for another 5-10 years.

Their goaltending is garbage

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

They'll trade for Demko when the Canucks are forced to rebuild after Petey leaves.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Leafs announced that Jake Muzzin, a guy who is signed through the rest of the season, is a pro scout now. Unique new way to cheat the cap I guess.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

*Notes down* Muzzin island - Moved to pro scouting position in the bleachers

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

The Leafs announced that Jake Muzzin, a guy who is signed through the rest of the season, is a pro scout now. Unique new way to cheat the cap I guess.

He was already on LTIR so they still have more games to play to meet the cap.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

100% expected it given how hesitant they were to give luke a shot last year

also expecting holtz to make the roster but end up playing on the 4th line or something

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

secret volcano lair posted:

100% expected it given how hesitant they were to give luke a shot last year

also expecting holtz to make the roster but end up playing on the 4th line or something

Huh? They brought Hughes up to the team basically the moment his college season ended and gave him a prominent role for the next bunch of games, including the playoffs

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/nhlflyers/status/1711512149292409098

hell yeah!! gently caress yeah

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
huh, cooter is healthy again?

also lol marc staal

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

There's not a great deal to read into opening night rosters. It's all about maximizing cap space, a bunch of waiver exempt players will immediately be sent down again tomorrow.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
that is one of the worst NHL bluelines I have ever seen and Todd Simpson was the captain of my favorite team once

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

mennoknight posted:

that is one of the worst NHL bluelines I have ever seen and Todd Simpson was the captain of my favorite team once

https://twitter.com/nhlblackhawks/status/1711445370536894947?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Philadelphia is going to have at least 10 games this season where they give up 10 or more goals.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That is... the worst star+trash lineup I have ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1711441398367457494?t=PqLUH9gWnZDanQUGMKTuJA&s=19

I don't hate Jiricek, Voronkov, and Blankenburg starting in Cleveland.

It's just that Andrew Peeke and Erik Gudbranson on the blue line thing.

Some of these guys aren't real.